PDA

View Full Version : Rank these players: Current Westbrook, Current Harden and Prime Brandon Roy

Purch
06-03-2014, 09:36 PM
As the title states

Living Being
06-03-2014, 09:38 PM
8, 23, 28

russwest0
06-03-2014, 09:39 PM
wb
roy

harden

Carbine
06-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Westbrook is on a tier by himself.

Rocketswin2013
06-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Westbrook

Harden

BROY

16X
06-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Brandon Roy

Russell Westbrook

James Haren.

Fudge
06-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Westbrook
Roy
Harden

GeeWiz
06-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Westbrook

Roy

Harden

Rocketswin2013
06-03-2014, 09:50 PM
BRoy had one season on a superstars tier and had 4 healthy seasons. He had a fluke peak in 09 and that was it. He went out the very next season and was a fringe all-star. Then blew his meniscus out and got it removed comletely, ultimately derailing his career.

He's overrated in all honesty.

Graviton
06-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Harden

Roy

Westbrook

And it's not even close in the reverse universe.

Inferno
06-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Westbrook
Roy
Harden

Duggrr
06-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Westbrook

Roy

Harden

Milbuck
06-03-2014, 10:19 PM
Westbrook
Roy

Johnny Jones
06-03-2014, 10:20 PM
BRoy had one season on a superstars tier and had 4 healthy seasons. He had a fluke peak in 09 and that was it. He went out the very next season and was a fringe all-star. Then blew his meniscus out and got it removed comletely, ultimately derailing his career.

:lol :lol :lol

Duggrr
06-03-2014, 10:24 PM

And Harden has yet to have one superstar season.

During the 10' season, Roy was battling injuries throughout.

RoseCity07
06-03-2014, 10:24 PM
People really forget how good Roy was in his prime. He didn't do that bullsh*t Westbrick does either. Roy wasn't even in his true prime against the Rockets. The real Roy used to have 25 points games with 9-11 assists, 10-12 boards.

As his knees went he upped his scoring but rebounding and assist numbers declined. Roy could do it all. It's the only player Kobe said is similar in the league.

moe94
06-03-2014, 10:27 PM

Fluke peak? What the fvck does that mean? :coleman:

robert de niro
06-03-2014, 10:30 PM
roy > wb > harden

Johnny Jones
06-03-2014, 10:30 PM
People really forget how good Roy was in his prime. He didn't do that bullsh*t Westbrick does either. Roy wasn't even in his true prime against the Rockets. The real Roy used to have 25 points games with 9-11 assists, 10-12 boards.

As his knees went he upped his scoring but rebounding and assist numbers declined. Roy could do it all. It's the only player Kobe said is similar in the league.
Eh most people except that *** Rocketswin have Roy ranked 1st or 2nd. And I would ignore Rocketswin. The dude is a 12 year old who uses basketball reference to judge players

Legends66NBA7
06-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Fluke peak? What the fvck does that mean? :coleman:

Me thinks it falls under the empty stats coloumn.

Johnny Jones
06-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Me thinks it falls under the empty stats coloumn.
How? Both the seasons he averaged 20+ in the Blazers won 50 and 54 games.

16X
06-03-2014, 10:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xduhlSYw1Qc

Roy isn't throwing the ball at the shotclock when it matters most.

sundizz
06-03-2014, 10:50 PM
2008-2009 (regular season, 78 games)
22.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 5.1 apg on 48%, 38%, and 82% and similarly good #'s in the playoffs.

However, his problem is that he couldn't make LMA the beast that he was. He was too slow of a player to be honest. He was too smooth.

WB is much more destructive.

Both >>> Harden.

LongLiveTheKing
06-03-2014, 11:02 PM
Westbrook

Brandon Roy

Harden

GimmeThat
06-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Steph Curry/Brandon Roy
Westbrook
Harden

Westbrook's potential for his individual game is still much for desire
Steph Curry's impact for team game's room is less than what Westbrook can better still.

Harden is better than Roy at 3s probably
not as effective at the 2's

that's a mini Kobe/Jordan comparison there
comparing the fact that both Harden and Roy aren't known for atheleticism

Prime Brandon Roy against Dwayne Wade would have been a beauty

Aussie Dunker
06-04-2014, 12:09 AM
If I am looking for a #1 option, I think I would lean towards Westbrook,

If I am looking for #2 option I am taking Roy every day of the week,
*Roy is probably not good enough to take a team to the promise land as the franchise player, but would have been the perfect team oriented all-star to compliment a franchise player.

You replace Westrbook with Roy this year and I truly believe the thunder win a title....

russwest0
06-04-2014, 12:18 AM
If I am looking for a #1 option, I think I would lean towards Westbrook,

If I am looking for #2 option I am taking Roy every day of the week,
*Roy is probably not good enough to take a team to the promise land as the franchise player, but would have been the perfect team oriented all-star to compliment a franchise player.

You replace Westrbook with Roy this year and I truly believe the thunder win a title....

with scott brooks coaching the team?

http://laughingloudly.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/50speedoff.gif

ProfessorMurder
06-04-2014, 12:22 AM
Westbrook is probably the best player on a pure talent level.

But I'd rather have Roy on my team. Skill and IQ more than makes up for Russel's +'s.

Harden is below both.

NuggetsFan
06-04-2014, 12:25 AM

See this is why Roy was overrated. He was a really smart player, didn't make mistakes but was completely useless without the ball in his hands. It's why he fell apart after his knees started to fail him. He wasn't a good enough shooter and without his ability to beat his man with the ball in his hands he stood in the corner being useless. If you used him as a 2nd option he'd only fit with another big man. It's why he and Andre Miller clashed and Roy actually made some public comments about it if remember correctly.

I mean Roy never had any playoff success. He played 4 years of college ball and came into the league as smart/versatile/ready player. Played a few years in the league and broke out but he has that he got injured thing going for him which make people believe he was eventually going to put numbers like James Harden. I mean Harden has put up better regular season numbers than Roy ever did 2 seasons in a row, both ended in 1st round exits in a tough Western Conference.

Harden is better at shooting the 3. Better at getting to the line, something Roy excelled at. Shoots FT's better once he gets there too. Rebounding is a wash. Roy is better defensively but neither stand out. People forget about Roy's shitty lateral quickness something he admitted himself. Harden is awful at defense but atleast he's a ball thief, can't even say that about Roy. Harden is just as good at getting others involved and a better scorer. Roy was smarter and more controlled.

I mean Roy peaked at what like 23 points a game? Harden averaged over 2 more points a game, on less shots :confusedshrug:

Westbrook
Harden
Roy

GimmeThat
06-04-2014, 12:33 AM
I mean Roy peaked at what like 23 points a game? Harden averaged over 2 more points a game, on less shots :confusedshrug:

Westbrook
Harden
Roy

Besides the fact that there are no way we can tell whether or not had Roy maintained his health, Aldridge would become the player he is today.

His efficiency just makes him such a great player to build around.

You put him on the Knicks right now, even with Woodson, they still might actually take the Heat to 6 if not 7. And arguably better than Rose's Bulls even with Rose being healthy.

I don't know if you can make that statement for Harden right now.

NuggetsFan
06-04-2014, 12:46 AM
Besides the fact that there are no way we can tell whether or not had Roy maintained his health, Aldridge would become the player he is today.

His efficiency just makes him such a great player to build around.

You put him on the Knicks right now, even with Woodson, they still might actually take the Heat to 6 if not 7. And arguably better than Rose's Bulls even with Rose being healthy.

I don't know if you can make that statement for Harden right now.

I mean did Roy even start in 10 playoff games? He had that one good series against the Rockets, including one game that deff boosted his overall numbers. I mean could just be me, but there's nowhere near enough evident to talk about the playoffs with Roy. He was super clutch for his short stint in the regular season tho

Roy was smart so he didn't turn the ball over, also helped that Blazers teams played at a pretty slow pace. Which with Roy was a positive for him because he was never going to be a transition player and he excelled in the halfcourt with the ball in his hands.

So he was more efficient than Harden there. Not scoring the ball he wasn't, which for whatever reason people want to believe. Probably because nobody currently hates Roy except for me :lol I mean Harden shot the 3 better, got to the line more and shot better when he got there.

16.9 shots to score 22.6 a game
16 shots to score 21.5 a game

17 shots to score 25.9 a game
16.5 shots to score 25.4

To4
06-04-2014, 12:54 AM
ROY!!!

GOATBROOK!!!

Mehhh... Harden..

Aussie Dunker
06-04-2014, 01:08 AM
with scott brooks coaching the team?

http://laughingloudly.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/50speedoff.gif

haha ok ok, I will give you that... :applause:

Johnny Jones
06-04-2014, 01:38 AM
but was completely useless without the ball in his hands. You could same the same shit about Westbrook....

NuggetsFan
06-04-2014, 01:48 AM
You could same the same shit about Westbrook....

Exactly. We hear it constantly about Harden/Westbrook yet nobody mentions it with Roy. Difference being Westbrook is a 23/5/7 player who's on an entirely different level defensively. I mean he just averaged 27/7/8 in a deep playoff run, Roy never got past the 1st round and played like 12 playoff games in his career. Roy's more efficient and waaaay more controlled but IMO Westbrook is just the more talented player who has more impact. Same reason I'd take him over Harden. I mean some could argue Westbrook looked better than Durant in the playoffs, he's the only one of the 3 that could pull that off IMO.

I mean I'm going off Brandon Roy's prime, not what I think his prime could or would have been.

Purch
06-04-2014, 01:26 PM
Harden used to be pretty effective playing off the ball, if I remember correctly from his Okc days

Jlamb47
06-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Westbrook

Brandon Roy/ Harden

dunksby
06-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Roy over WB because of much higher basketball IQ and better decision making. Harden isn't in the discussion yet.

ABfor3
06-04-2014, 02:34 PM
Westbrook
Harden
Roy