PDA

View Full Version : Spanoulis Near To NBA Return. Does Houston have a 5th string?

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 04:22 PM
The finals in Greece have been rigged again, like every other year.

And as a result of this, the inside info is that Vassilis Spanoulis is rumored to be VERY CLOSE to returning to the NBA out of frustration over this.

He is supposedly offered large contracts and starting positions every summer by NBA teams and is rumored to have open standing offers for every year with certain NBA teams.

He is at the moment rumored (from inside info) to be extremely close to leaving Olympiacos and signing with an NBA team as soon as free agency signing begins. This will be with a role as a starting guard for a playoff team, that is said to be a "serious championship contender".

So if this happens...

Everyone, very soon, you shall all see that I am NOT A TROLL, when you see what Spanoulis can do in the NBA.

We need to request that the fascist mods be told not to lock this thread, so that we can keep it open, so that Spanoulis' progress in the NBA can be charted through the year in this thread.

That way I can constantly show up everyone here that has been trolling me on this issue for the last few years here.

Spanoulis having dinner with Tony Parker and Spurs GM last summer:

http://www.redplanet.gr/basket/article2414987.ece/BINARY/original/span.jpg

inclinerator
06-04-2014, 04:25 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119363/3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

Warfan
06-04-2014, 04:25 PM
I definitely think he could be that huge extra piece for a contender with his 2.5ppg on 30% shooting

KobesFinger
06-04-2014, 04:26 PM
When is Euroleague free agency? And why don't you have hyperlinks?

russwest0
06-04-2014, 04:26 PM
next t-mac imo

Xoush
06-04-2014, 04:28 PM

And as a result of this, the inside info is that Vassilis Spanoulis is rumored to be VERY CLOSE to returning to the NBA out of frustration over this.

He is supposedly offered large contracts and starting positions every summer by NBA teams and is rumored to have open standing offers for every year with certain NBA teams.

He is at the moment rumored (from inside info) to be extremely close to leaving Olympiacos and signing with an NBA team as soon as free agency signing begins. This will be with a role as a starting point guard for a playoff team, that is said to be a "serious championship contender".

So if this happens...

Everyone, very soon, you shall all see that I am NOT A TROLL, when you see what Spanoulis can do in the NBA.

We need to request that the fascist mods be told not to lock this thread, so that we can keep it open, so that Spanoulis' progress in the NBA can be charted through the year in this thread.

That way I can constantly show up everyone here that has been trolling me on this issue for the last few years here.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DStebb716
06-04-2014, 04:28 PM
You all fall so easily into the trap. Just don't respond to UrineLeague.

rhowen4
06-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Is He Good Can Mia Get Him????

JUDGE WITNESS
06-04-2014, 04:30 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Andrew Wiggins
06-04-2014, 04:31 PM
euroleague claims he's a diehard panathinaikos fan and now is accusing his "favorite team" of winning because of the refs. :lol

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 04:33 PM
euroleague claims he's a diehard panathinaikos fan and now is accusing his "favorite team" of winning because of the refs. :lol

Amazing how people like you only appear when certain kinds of posts are made...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

ZERO TACT

Im Still Ballin
06-04-2014, 04:35 PM
You're losing your edge EL...

Troll job is getting stale, might need to call it a night?

aj1987
06-04-2014, 04:35 PM
He'd probably average 2 points on 25% TS, along with .5 rebounds, .5 assists per game, and 3 TOV's. I can see him putting up monster stat lines though. Probably 4/2/1 on 2/15 shooting with 6 TOV's.

Milbuck
06-04-2014, 04:37 PM
2.7 ppg

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

D-FENS
06-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Danny Ainge, get on the phone! We can get Vaginitis Spannershit!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Le Shaqtus
06-04-2014, 04:38 PM
I want this to happen just so Spanoulis can get his ass whooped by the best league in the world again.

Derka
06-04-2014, 04:39 PM
I'll give this a 4/10 merely because people are going to take you seriously.

Spanoulis with standing offers from the NBA :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Le Shaqtus
06-04-2014, 04:43 PM
I'll give this a 4/10 merely because people are going to take you seriously.

Spanoulis with standing offers from the NBA :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I wouldn't even let the Magic sign him and we blow ass.

East_Stone_Ya
06-04-2014, 04:44 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111119363/3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

this gif :oldlol:

KG215
06-04-2014, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't even let the Magic sign him and we blow ass.
Why not? If the plan is to tank one more year, then I'd want Spanoulis in a heartbeat. He has all the makings to be a damn good tank commander. He certainly wouldn't have the Magic sniffing a playoff spot, even in the shitty East.

Le Shaqtus
06-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Why not? If the plan is to tank one more year, then I'd want Spanoulis in a heartbeat. He has all the makings to be a damn good tank commander. He certainly wouldn't have the Magic sniffing a playoff spot, even in the shitty East.

I like the way you think boy.

HENNIGAN GET IT DONE, WE GOT A TANK TO RIDE.

And Spanoulis is going down with the ship.

http://i.imgur.com/JQB7k.gif

JUDGE WITNESS
06-04-2014, 04:50 PM
assuming spanoulis can even get minutes on a tanking team :lol

ProfessorMurder
06-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Is He Good Can Mia Get Him????

No.

TheGreatDeraj
06-04-2014, 05:03 PM
well it would be pretty f*cking hard to do worse than 2.7 points .9 assist .7 rebounds on 32% fg% 17% 3PT% shooting so I say come on back and go to the Spurs

maybe they can teach him to shoot pass and rebound

GeeWiz
06-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Why do you not have any links? Ever? Still trolling as always,

He can come to the NBA as long as he doesn't sign with the Wizards so John Wall/Beal can take a massive dump on him.

T_L_P
06-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Wait, this kid honestly thinks Spanoulis would be any good in the NBA?

He was shit 8 years ago. I'd be surprised if someone signed him as the 12th man.

Le Shaqtus
06-04-2014, 05:07 PM
well it would be pretty f*cking hard to do worse than 2.7 points .9 assist .7 rebounds on 32% fg% 17% 3PT% shooting so I say come on back and go to the Spurs

maybe they can teach him to shoot pass and rebound

So in other words, teach him how to play basketball?

ArbitraryWater
06-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Spanoulis in talks to be bought by the Spurs.. will appear in Finals, lead them to victory as FMVP

HomieWeMajor
06-04-2014, 05:15 PM
http://www.miscupload.com/upload/730308245564402088614372.png

TheGreatDeraj
06-04-2014, 05:17 PM
So in other words, teach him how to play basketball?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L5GTzg2GOA

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 05:17 PM
You clowns really can't read can you?

It's with a SERIOUS TITLE CONTENDER.

And you freaking morons are talking about lottery teams and teams that can barely even make the playoffs, or even teams that are trying to tank.

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 05:19 PM
http://www.miscupload.com/upload/730308245564402088614372.png

Just so you know idiot, Spanoulis is one of Tony Parker's best friends.

GeeWiz
06-04-2014, 05:21 PM

Thats nice, Drake is one of LeBrons friends too, doesn't mean he can play ball tho.

LoneyROY7
06-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Inb4 V-Span goes to the Pacers and leads them to the Finals...then ISH ceases to exist due to overload.

:lol

HomieWeMajor
06-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Tony only befriended this scrub because he knew it was an easy 30 points whenever he matched up against in him.

T_L_P
06-04-2014, 05:26 PM
You clowns really can't read can you?

It's with a SERIOUS TITLE CONTENDER.

And you freaking morons are talking about lottery teams and teams that can barely even make the playoffs, or even teams that are trying to tank.

If Spanoulis is so good, why did he absolutely suck during his mini-stint in the NBA?

BasedTom
06-04-2014, 05:28 PM
If Spanoulis is so good, why did he absolutely suck during his mini-stint in the NBA?
8 years ago as well...

It's not like he was a star who declined due to injuries or attitude problems (though his attitude seemed to be shitty as well). He just sucked. The Spurms are too smart to bother with a scrub like V-Span.

T_L_P
06-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Rumors are circulating that the Orlando Magic are keen on signing Spanoulis, in the hopes of trading him away for the Spurs' late second round pick.

Euroleague's lies are atrocious. Like the report above states, nobody really wants Spanoulis on their team.

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 05:29 PM
It's going from just inside info to being reported now.

Greek media reported that Spanoulis already has told Olympiacos' owners and the coach of the team that he is strongly considering it and that the possibility is very high.

Although they are saying that Olympiacos thinks he will settle down in a few days and change his mind.

But the reports that it's rumored he is even going to retire from the game completely before he will play in another rigged Greek league finals.

So right now it looks like this is at a very very strong probability that this is going to happen that he will be in the NBA next season.

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Thats nice, Drake is one of LeBrons friends too, doesn't mean he can play ball tho.

Parker has said numerous times that Spanoulis is better than him. Moron.

BasedTom
06-04-2014, 05:31 PM

Greek media reported that Spanoulis already has told Olympiacos' owners and the coach of the team that he is strongly considering it and that the possibility is very high.

Although they are saying that Olympiacos thinks he will settle down in a few days and change his mind.

But the reports that it's rumored he is even going to retire from the game completely before he will play in another rigged Greek league finals.

So right now it looks like this is at a very very strong probability that this is going to happen that he will be in the NBA next season.
V-Span will join Golden Dawn before he even comes close to a NBA team. He'd get wrecked in the D-League

GeeWiz
06-04-2014, 05:32 PM

Do you have any links of Parker saying this? I want to see the context.

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Rumors are circulating that the Orlando Magic are keen on signing Spanoulis, in the hopes of trading him away for the Spurs' late second round pick.

Euroleague's lies are atrocious. Like the report above states, nobody really wants Spanoulis on their team.

:lol :oldlol: :roll: :facepalm :rolleyes: :biggums:

"report"

:biggums:

Another sub 65 IQ retard.

And Popovich wrote a personal letter and had Parker hand deliver it to Spanoulis in Athens, asking him to sign with the Spurs.

Imbecile.

GeeWiz
06-04-2014, 05:35 PM
:lol :oldlol: :roll: :facepalm :rolleyes: :biggums:

"report"

:biggums:

Another sub 65 IQ retard.

And Popovich wrote a personal letter and had Parler hand deliver to Spanoulis in Athens, asking him to sign with the Spurs.

Imbecile.

Do you have any links of this? Or anything that you have claimed in this thread? Look at the comment made by Pop ^^^^^ do you really think he would have wrote a letter.

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Tony only befriended this scrub because he knew it was an easy 30 points whenever he matched up against in him.

They have been good friends since they were 16 years old. And Parker has never scored 30 points against him.

T_L_P
06-04-2014, 05:37 PM

Yet he was a total scrub in the league?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327355

TheGreatDeraj
06-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Do you have any links of this? Or anything that you have claimed in this thread? Look at the comment made by Pop ^^^^^ do you really think he would have wrote a letter.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316678

read this and things will become more clear

LoneyROY7
06-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Euroleague, which serious title contender do you think is the best fit for Spanoulis?

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 05:39 PM

He did not suck at all idiot. For the 100th time here, Van Gundy purposely sabotaged his NBA career.

T_L_P
06-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Van Gundy purposely sabotaged his NBA career.

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 05:41 PM
Yet he was a total scrub in the league?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327355

WTF is wrong with you?

That is completely made up you idiot.

**** OFF

T_L_P
06-04-2014, 05:42 PM
WTF is wrong with you?

That is completely made up you idiot.

**** OFF

And your original post isn't?

Milbuck
06-04-2014, 05:42 PM
He did not suck at all idiot. For the 100th time here, Van Gundy purposely sabotaged his NBA career.
He's just not good at basketball dude. At all.

HomieWeMajor
06-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Didn't V-Span offer T-Mac 500,000 dollars to coach him privately ?

GeeWiz
06-04-2014, 05:46 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316678

read this and things will become more clear

Wow, I am shocked, how can someone dedicate that much of their life to trolling message boards.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-04-2014, 05:54 PM
T-Mac gives his thoughts on Spanoulis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UujXKTWGodU

triangleoffense
06-04-2014, 05:55 PM
So is Spanulis (sp?) still garbage or is that just your analysis of european vs NBA players?

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Euroloeague, which serious title contender do you think is the best fit for Spanoulis?

I remember earlier this year someone interviewed Spanoulis I think for a Euroleague interview and they asked him if he would ever consider going back to the NBA and he said he would, but only if (paraphrasing) every single condition was absolutely perfect and he had absolutely everything exactly how he wanted it.

He said something to the effect of (again paraphrasing) that he was royally screwed by the Rockets and that they lied to him and tricked him and that Van Gundy really screwed him over. So he learned his lesson from that. So he would never ever consider the NBA again unless every single condition was exactly what he wanted and he got every single condition he wanted and every single thing he asked for. And then if he got that, he would consider it, if it was the right time and the right situation for him to make the move.

Then the interviewer asked him what the exact conditions and all that would have to be for him to do it and I believe he said something like (again paraphrasing),

1. be a starter.
2. get starter's minutes.
3. The offense would run through him (as in being the point guard, running pick and roll, etc.).
4. being the leader of the team (as in like the team captain, locker room leader, veteran teacher to young players, etc.).
5. a team that had a coach that understood and respected European basketball and European players.
6. playing on a team that every single year had a chance to win the NBA title.
7. similar financial aspects that he has now in Europe (willing to take a little less).

I think it was something like that. So you would have to match it up to a team that fits to that.

outbreak
06-04-2014, 06:17 PM
I remember earlier this year someone interviewed Spanoulis I think for a Euroleague interview and they asked him if he would ever consider going back to the NBA and he said he would, but only if (paraphrasing) every single condition was absolutely perfect and he had absolutely everything exactly how he wanted it.

He said something to the effect of (again paraphrasing) that he was royally screwed by the Rockets and that they lied to him and tricked him and that Van Gundy really screwed him over. So he learned his lesson from that. So he would never ever consider the NBA again unless every single condition was exactly what he wanted and he got every single condition he wanted and every single thing he asked for. And then if he got that, he would consider it, if it was the right time and the right situation for him to make the move.

Then the interviewer asked him what the exact conditions and all that would have to be for him to do it and I believe he said something like (again paraphrasing),

1. be a starter.
2. get starter's minutes.
3. The offense would run through him (as in being the point guard, running pick and roll, etc.).
4. being the leader of the team (as in like the team captain, locker room leader, veteran teacher to young players, etc.).
5. a team that had a coach that understood and respected European basketball and European players.
6. playing on a team that every single year had a chance to win the NBA title.
7. similar financial aspects that he has now in Europe (willing to take a little less).

I think it was something like that. So you would have to match it up to a team that fits to that.
Then he will never come to the NBA. No team will give him that freedom. He need to prove himself in the league which is what JVG was putting him through and instead of showing his talent he sulked and acted like an entitled brat and took his ball and went home.

I truly believe he has the talent to make it in the NBA but expecting to walk into a starting role on a contending team with the offence running through him would require a team to completely throw out the window the entire game plan that is letting them contend to take a chance on a euro player who hasn't shown that he can adapt to the NBA style of play yet. If he came over and played for a shitty team or started as a role player on a contender though I think he'd work his way into a starting role within a couple of years.

And if there's so many rigged games in the european leagues as you claim then you realise that devalues V-span as well, if it's as rigged as you say how can we trust any of his performances?

Derka
06-04-2014, 06:19 PM

Again, not a link to be seen. Not a source to be sourced. I gotta give you credit, when you troll...you go the extra mile. You keep the responses coming at full speed while contributing absolutely nothing of substance to your own topic. :applause:

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Then he will never come to the NBA. No team will give him that freedom. He need to prove himself in the league which is what JVG was putting him through and instead of showing his talent he sulked and acted like an entitled brat and took his ball and went home.

I truly believe he has the talent to make it in the NBA but expecting to walk into a starting role on a contending team with the offence running through him would require a team to completely throw out the window the entire game plan that is letting them contend to take a chance on a euro player who hasn't shown that he can adapt to the NBA style of play yet. If he came over and played for a shitty team or started as a role player on a contender though I think he'd work his way into a starting role within a couple of years.

And if there's so many rigged games in the european leagues as you claim then you realise that devalues V-span as well, if it's as rigged as you say how can we trust any of his performances?

Numerous NBA teams offer him contracts all the time at big money and to be a starter. You have no freaking clue what you are talking about.

He's better than Chris Paul is, so of course NBA teams are going to offer him that.

Not "European". GREEK. Europe isn't a country genius.

outbreak
06-04-2014, 06:26 PM
You are a moron. Numerous NBA teams offer him contracts all the time at big money and to be a starter. You have no freaking clue what you are talking about.

He's better than Chris Paul is, so of course NBA teams are going to offer him that.

I've heard teams have offered him roles but I've never seen any proof he's been offered what you claim.

Also he isn't better than Chris Paul in any world except for the one within your tiny little brain.

Smook A.
06-04-2014, 06:29 PM
Where are the damn links to all this made up bullshit? This proves you're a lying troll. How long have you been doing this for? Do you remember Ming_7_6, Euroleague?

D-FENS
06-04-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm actually with Euroleague on this one. There's a rumor floating around that Kobe wants him on the Lakers as Steve Nash insurance.

Looks like the Lakers may go Euro

outbreak
06-04-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm actually with Euroleague on this one. There's a rumor floating around that Kobe wants him on the Lakers as Steve Nash insurance.

But v-span will only come if he's given the entire franchise and will only go to a team that's contending apparently.

r0drig0lac
06-04-2014, 06:46 PM
this thread :roll:

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 06:57 PM
I've heard teams have offered him roles but I've never seen any proof he's been offered what you claim.

Also he isn't better than Chris Paul in any world except for the one within your tiny little brain.

He's without any doubt better than Chris Paul. NBA teams will fight like hell over him the second his agent says he's made the choice to come to the NBA.

You NBA only fans are an absolute joke.

Parker and Dragic were single covered in EuroBasket. Spanoulis was TRIPLE TEAMED at the same tournament.

Wrap your tiny little brain around that, if you are even capable of it.

T_L_P
06-04-2014, 07:01 PM
It's funny that this guy hasn't responded to a single person asking for links/reliable sources.

He's a world class troll.

Until he comes to the NBA and becomes a franchise player, everything this guy says is pointless. The thing is, I bet he'll never play in the NBA again and Euroleague will still call him one of the greats.

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 07:06 PM

Kobe has played Spanoulis before troll.

At 2:41 in the video, Kobe says what he thinks of Spanoulis as a player.

"Great player. Great, great player."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN2pUnR9_5w

Euroleague
06-04-2014, 07:08 PM
It's funny that this guy hasn't responded to a single person asking for links/reliable sources.

He's a world class troll.

Until he comes to the NBA and becomes a franchise player, everything this guy says is pointless. The thing is, I bet he'll never play in the NBA again and Euroleague will still call him one of the greats.

Only a troll claims that you have to play in the NBA to be an all time great.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Smook A.
06-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Euroleague, you remember this 2005 post by you on that Ming Mania website?

You said Rudy Fernandez and V-Span would be better than Manu and Parker :lol
"10 straight titles" also :roll:

http://i.imgur.com/zE4Z2Pf.png

GeeWiz
06-04-2014, 07:09 PM
Did you just say he is better than Chris Paul? Come on man, you must be insane,

Paul
Parker
Westbrook
Curry
Irving
Lillard

are all much better/more athletic than him

outbreak
06-04-2014, 07:11 PM
He's without any doubt better than Chris Paul. NBA teams will fight like hell over him the second his agent says he's made the choice to come to the NBA.

Parker and Dragic were single covered in EuroBasket. Spanoulis was TRIPLE TEAMED at the same tournament.

You do realise that claiming someone was triple teamed doesn't actually mean they are any better than someone who is single covered. Being able to triple team a player is more of a reflection on how terrible an offensive threat the rest of the team is in that they can afford to completely slack off everyone else and focus on locking down one player.

iTare
06-04-2014, 07:11 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1464.gif

GeeWiz
06-04-2014, 07:13 PM
You do realise that claiming someone was triple teamed doesn't actually mean they are any better than someone who is single covered. Being able to triple team a player is more of a reflection on how terrible an offensive threat the rest of the team is in that they can afford to completely slack off everyone else and focus on locking down one player.

A great example is Kobe Bryants lakers when he had Smush/Kwame/Walton on the squad, teams could afford to gamble by focusing on Kobe because his team mates weren't seen as threats.

Kobe is an all-time great though.

hawksdogsbraves
06-04-2014, 07:14 PM
Did you just say he is better than Chris Paul? Come on man, you must be insane,

Paul
Parker
Westbrook
Curry
Irving
Lillard

are all much better/more athletic than him

Why stop there?

Wall
Rose
Teague
Bledsoe
Lowry
Dragic
Conley
Lawson
Holiday
Walker
Carter-Willliams

NBA GM's would take any of the above 10/10 times over Spanoulis. That's before going into guys like Isaiah Thomas, Brandon Knight, Reggie Jackson, and others who are all probably better as well.

Spanoulis will be lucky to get more than 15mpg on any playoff team.

GeeWiz
06-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Why stop there?

Wall
Rose
Teague
Bledsoe
Lowry
Dragic
Conley
Lawson
Holiday
Walker
Carter-Willliams

NBA GM's would take any of the above 10/10 times over Spanoulis. That's before going into guys like Isaiah Thomas, Brandon Knight, Reggie Jackson, and others who are all probably better as well.

Spanoulis will be lucky to get more than 15mpg on any playoff team.

I didnt want to waste my time listing basically every starting point guard in the NBA, this guy isn't worth it

livingby3's
06-04-2014, 07:34 PM
He's will be 32 coming next season. This POs showcased good young PGs like Lillard, Westbrook, Wall, Vets like Parker CP. No contenders will go after him to watch him get torched.

He ain't not Dragic who got time to learn under Nash n develop, Vspan got no time. Not like anyone takes Op seriously though

DoodleDa
06-04-2014, 07:44 PM

He is at the moment rumored (from inside info) to be extremely close to leaving Olympiacos and signing with an NBA team as soon as free agency signing begins. This will be with a role as a starting guard for a playoff team, that is said to be a "serious championship contender".

The vast amount of sources used here is overwhelming.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-04-2014, 07:47 PM
god i hope the Heat sign this mofo. he would be PERFECT.
proven to be Clutch as hell, average at least athletically( very quick and good strenght for a PG) GREAt 3 pt shooter and a good passer that can run an offense.
this would be the first time LeBron could play with a passing PG who can actually constantly set him up in his sweet spots:applause: :applause:

hawksdogsbraves
06-04-2014, 07:51 PM
proven to be Clutch as hell, average at least athletically( very quick and good strenght for a PG) GREAt 3 pt shooter and a good passer that can run an offense.
this would be the first time LeBron could play with a passing PG who can actually constantly set him up in his sweet spots:applause: :applause:

If he went to the Heat and did well this board would see the most bizarre turn as LeBron (Heat) fans all allied with Euroleague and everyone else lost their shit.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-04-2014, 07:53 PM
So do people really think Vassilis Spanoulis couldnt start in the NBA when guys like Jose Calderon or Patrick"Ultra Scrub in Eurocup" Beverley are starting PGs?? or even Chalmers??
Spanoulis is ten times better than those guys and its not debatable:biggums:
O ya

outbreak
06-04-2014, 07:53 PM

you didn't read his demands though, the offence would be run through V-span. Lebron would be a role player to v-span's superior abilities.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-04-2014, 07:54 PM

this is really true.
i think its dumb to single Parker and triple V-Span but that really happened nearly every game.
:confusedshrug:

outbreak
06-04-2014, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=Marlo_Stanfield]So do people really think Vassilis Spanoulis couldnt start in the NBA when guys like Jose Calderon or Patrick"Ultra Scrub in Eurocup" Beverley are starting PGs?? or even Chalmers??
O ya

Smook A.
06-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Euroleague alt confirmed.

You're the only one who likes V-Span besides Euroleague. This guy averaged 2.7 ppg on 30% in the NBA when he was 25 years old. Now he's 32. Which makes him less athletic. He'd be lucky to average 1 ppg in the NBA.

Marlo_Stanfield
06-04-2014, 07:58 PM
you didn't read his demands though, the offence would be run through V-span. Lebron would be a role player to v-span's superior abilities.
V-Span isnt stupid.
Even Chalmers get picks set for by LeBron himself multiple times a game and never passes back to LEBron.
Spanoulis would pass back to him and LeBron would set even more picks.
Heat offense is structured in a way that everyone can bring in their talents and if they sign a guy of Spanoulis caliber they would let him run the offense at times. Wouldnt mean that LeBron wouldnt be the dominant scorer. shit LeBron is breaking efficency records left and right without ever having played with a PG that can actually pass:biggums:

Heatles201
06-04-2014, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=Marlo_Stanfield]So do people really think Vassilis Spanoulis couldnt start in the NBA when guys like Jose Calderon or Patrick"Ultra Scrub in Eurocup" Beverley are starting PGs?? or even Chalmers??
O ya

Marlo_Stanfield
06-04-2014, 08:01 PM
Euroleague alt confirmed.

You're the only one who likes V-Span besides Euroleague. This guy averaged 2.7 ppg on 30% in the NBA when he was 25 years old. Now he's 32. Which makes him less athletic. He'd be lucky to average 1 ppg in the NBA.
i made first hand encounter with the sneaky Rockets franchise sabotaging great young PGs career to start utter garbage over them. as a Lin fan i feel Euroleague in this department.
i

JUDGE WITNESS
06-04-2014, 08:04 PM
according to inside sources, several franchise owners have laughed at the notion of signing scrubnoulis to any contract worth over $200

Smook A.
06-04-2014, 08:04 PM
[QUOTE=Marlo_Stanfield]i made first hand encounter with the sneaky Rockets franchise sabotaging great young PGs career to start utter garbage over them. as a Lin fan i feel Euroleague in this department.
i

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-04-2014, 08:06 PM
EL stays baiting you ****ing dolts :oldlol:

(rent is free btw)

Marlo_Stanfield
06-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Euroleague hates everyone in the NBA.
no not the guys who where scrubs in europe and become good players in the NBA because they expose the NBA:roll: :roll:

Nash
06-04-2014, 08:08 PM
i heard it was miami heat when chalmers signs somewhere else next season.
or okc when westbrook goes to sg

Rooster
06-04-2014, 08:12 PM
He played in the NBA and was a total non factor/ scrub looked LOST out there every single time, watched few of his games was amazed he even got some minutes smh.
like Van Gundy said " Great T-Mac is tmac over here" keep it moving

VSpan: I am the TMac of Europe.:facepalm

Van Gundy : Well TMac is here, sit your ass down, you turnover machine.:oldlol:

Rooster
06-04-2014, 08:15 PM
no not the guys who where scrubs in europe and become good players in the NBA because they expose the NBA:roll: :roll:

Expose NBA:facepalm :facepalm

VSpan is strictly minor leaguer:no:

Can't play on the highest level.:roll:

2.7 ppg, 30 % FG, 15 % 3 FG, 1 TO:oldlol:

Rooster
06-04-2014, 08:21 PM
O ya

jzek
06-04-2014, 08:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KNUa40T.gif

gabepizza
06-04-2014, 10:11 PM

Both Parker and Dragic were selected to the all tournament team and Parker won all tournament MVP and won the championship and Dragic led his team to like 5th place.

Spanoulis led the tournament in turnovers and an 11th place finished. Eurobasket exposed Spanoulis for the scrub he really is, that and the game against Nigeria, and his 11th place finish in 2010, and his 2.9ppg in the NBA and etc..

stalkerforlife
06-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Given a legit opportunity, a lot of guys could play in the NBA and play well.

Sometimes life doesn't give you those opportunities.

Milbuck
06-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Both Parker and Dragic were selected to the all tournament team and Parker won all tournament MVP and won the championship and Dragic led his team to like 5th place.

Spanoulis led the tournament in turnovers and an 11th place finished. Eurobasket exposed Spanoulis for the scrub he really is, that and the game against Nigeria, and his 11th place finish in 2010, and his 2.9ppg in the NBA and etc..
:applause:

deja vu
06-04-2014, 10:16 PM
Is he good? Can the Thunder get him?

ralph_i_el
06-04-2014, 10:24 PM

and Vspan had a ton of turnovers because he couldn't handle it. If you triple team tony parker it's a free bucket for whoever you left to cover him. This is coming from someone who was actually crazy enough to stream this shitty tournament during my classes

Euroleague
06-05-2014, 04:40 AM
:wtf:
and Vspan had a ton of turnovers because he couldn't handle it. If you triple team tony parker it's a free bucket for whoever you left to cover him. This is coming from someone who was actually crazy enough to stream this shitty tournament during my classes

Yeah, 4 turnovers against triple teams is a "ton of turnovers"......

that's the same as NBA "superstars" average against SINGLE coverage, and without hand checking and NO ZONE DEFENSE and the defensive 3 seconds rule.

IDIOT.

Like when someone asked Zoran Dragic (Goran Dragic's brother) who was the hardest person to guard he ever played against (including his brother and Parker), he said it was probably Spanoulis even though he had help defense.

And Parker didn't play that tournament with a bad ankle and knee injury either. Spanoulis did. He played the tournament with a bad knee and ankle injury.

And was STILL triple teamed and STILL the 3rd highest scorer, averaging almost as much as Parker did against SINGLE coverage.

And we all saw how well Parker did last year in the playoffs when he had some minor injury problems.....

So cut the bullshit.

Euroleague
06-05-2014, 04:49 AM

Oh yeah, and according to YOU Kleiza was going to, as you GUARANTEED it,

"Lead the Euroleague in scoring, be the Euroelague MVP, be the Euroleague Final Four MVP, and lead his team to the Euroleague championship".

You claimed this because, "Kleiza was in the EuroBasket All-Tournament Team and anyone in the EuroBasket All-Tournament team is automatically the BEST PLAYER IN EUROLEAGUE, since EuroBasket includes NBA players and Euroleague does not."

When you were told you were a colossal freaking moron, that Kleiza played horrible through the whole tournament, that he sucked, that he's basically a scrub, that he has no chance in hell of even being remotely close to doing that in Euroleague, you threw one of your little temper tantrums and starting saying, "anyone that disagrees is insane, nuts, a liar, a lunatic, a Euro ******, etc."

You were told by numerous Euroleague fans here that Kleiza was not even the best player on Lithuania, and Mantas Kalnietis was, and you ignored this. EVERYONE here that watched the tournament, all the Lithuanian fans here told you this, and you only confirmed that you did NOT watch the tournament with your comments when you claimed Kleiza was "clearly one of the elite players at the tournament and clearly Lithuania's best player at the tournament".

You argued and argued that "FIBA officially named him that". You were then told that FIBA has nothing to do with it and the journalists that are invited to watch the games vote on it (90% are Americans' that cover the NBA) and you STILL went on with your lies.

They voted for Kleiza because they had heard of him from the NBA. That's it. Because they were Americans that cover the NBA you freaking RETARD. He sucked the whole tournament. Kalnietis of course would not get voted in because they never heard of him before idiot.

Dragic was NOT EVEN ELIGIBLE FOR THE TEAM YOU COLOSSAL POS.

The rules are you can't even be on the team unless you make it to the semifinals. He was not even eligible for the freaking award. But the stupid American NBA voters don't know that. Normally they just throw the votes out, but they decided to make an exception that time and let Dragic in the team.

They did that as some kind of show of goodwill, gesture of good faith thing, since Slovenia hosted the games and put so much effort into it for such a small country. So they let him on the team, even though under the voting regulations, he wasn't even eligible.

God, you are such a freaking MORON.

Ass Dan
06-05-2014, 04:58 AM

So if this happens...

Now that I have seen links for these fairy tales, I believe you.:roll:

He will be a great addition to the Maine Red Claws.

WAIT...

EDIT...

I found this link to the story:

Your search - Vassilis Spanoulis nba return - did not match any news results.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords.

iznogood
06-05-2014, 05:02 AM
Like when someone asked Zoran Dragic (Goran Dragic's brother) who was the hardest person to guard he ever played against (including his brother and Parker), he said it was probably Spanoulis even though he had help defense.

Which match are you referring to?

Euroleague
06-05-2014, 05:15 AM
Which match are you referring to?

The pitch, field, match references for basketball need to stop.

Anyway, I think it was after a game between Olympiacos and Malaga this year.

I saw it somewhere in Spanish media.

They asked him (paraphrasing) from guarding players like Diamantidis, Navarro, his brother, Parker, etc. and then all the games against Olympiacos during the year, where the whole team defense was set against Spanoulis trying to stop him, was he the toughest opponent he had to defend in his career.

And they had the answer from him as that he waited a bit, thought about it a bit, then said, yeah, probably.

iznogood
06-05-2014, 05:20 AM
The pitch, field, match references for basketball need to stop.

Anyway, I think it was after a game between Olympiacos and Malaga this year.

I saw it somewhere in Spanish media.

They asked him (paraphrasing) from guarding players like Diamantidis, Navarro, his brother, Parker, and then all the games against Olympiacos during the year where the whole team defense was set against Spanoulis trying to stop him, was he the toughest
I only asked because I was not sure if you're not making this up. So I set a trap and waited for you to say Eurobasket 2013 (because Zoran Dragic didn't guard Spanoulis on that occasion). Good job.

Euroleague
06-05-2014, 05:27 AM
I only asked because I was not sure if you're not making this up. So I set a trap and waited for you to say Eurobasket 2013 (because Zoran Dragic didn't guard Spanoulis on that occasion). Good job.

Zoran Dragic most certainly DID guard Spanoulis at EuroBasket.

He was the primary defender for plenty of the game on Spanoulis, then the 2nd defender was usually the other wing, and the 3rd defender was the help to give the triple team, once he split the double team, or if he tried to drive.

So I have no idea what you are talking about. But you have constantly made untrue statements about EuroBasket 2013 here, so it's no surprise.

Goran and Zisis matched each other much of the game.

Goran and ZISIS

Zoran and Spanoulis were set to each other for a lot of the game, with the other wing doubling Spanoulis, and then the power forward or center switching to help as a triple team, if he tried to drive on them, or any time he split the doubles.

So how is that "Zoran not guarding Spanoulis"?

iznogood
06-05-2014, 05:35 AM
Nebojsa Joksimovic was the primary defender on Spanoulis and when he was on the bench, it was either Domen Lorbek or Jaka Blazic guaring him and Jaka Lakovic for a couple of possessions.

Nick Young
06-05-2014, 05:45 AM
Can't wait for him to bring his explosive 3ppg and 18% three point shooting back to the NBA:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

RoundMoundOfReb
06-05-2014, 05:45 AM
Indiana could use him.

not...

josh99
06-05-2014, 06:31 AM
In other news... Greece 79, Nigeria 80 (http://www.london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/12/olym/p/eid/6232/gid/A/grid/13/rid/9051/sid/6229/game.html)

Euroleague
06-05-2014, 06:34 AM
Nebojsa Joksimovic was the primary defender on Spanoulis and when he was on the bench, it was either Domen Lorbek or Jaka Blazic guaring him and Jaka Lakovic for a couple of possessions.

No, it was Zoran Dragic, with a double team of the other wing as I said.

Whether that be any of the guys mentioned above. Joksimovic was not even starting in the freaking game.

You constantly lie about stuff like this. I am not sure what your troll agenda is yet, but clearly you have one.

That's fine, there is Oly, and Marlo that ACTUALLY WATCHED THE GAME and post here and can confirm it.

This bubble of NBA only fans here is being broken and your fake propaganda bullshit is slowly being torn down.

roffie
06-05-2014, 06:36 AM
wadafak did i just read lmao

Euroleague
06-05-2014, 06:52 AM
Latest update:

Greek media rumors say that the owners of Olympiacos really want to keep him so they are trying to convince him not to leave. So they have asked him to have a meeting with them before he would leave the team, since he is still under contract with them for 2 more years.

Because of this, he can't simply leave the team. They could sell his contract to another Euroleague team if they wanted to, or if he did not like that, he could retire.

He can't just quit on his own and go to another European team, that would be breach of his contract. But he could retire and then go to the NBA.

But the owners of the team would like to discuss this with him, since of course they hope to change his mind to keep him, and they have the right to refuse to release him, which would force his retirement.

But they obviously would want something rather than get nothing. So if they could get a buyout then they would try that, if some European team would be willing to pay a buyout.

The word is that the big Turkish Euroleague club Efes might be willing to pay a big buyout, but they have supposedly already agreed to sign Milos Teodosic, and the issue is that they don't think that Spanoulis and Teodosic are a good fit chemistry wise, since Teodosic always needs the ball in his hands.

So, that basically leaves probably try to convince Spanoulis to stay, but the reports are still confirming my early inside info, that he is very very close to leaving and going to the NBA. And the words being used now on inside info are,

"he is very, very hot for the NBA", due to his extreme frustration with the situation of corruption with the rigged league and refs in Greece, and the terrible actions all the time of the fans there in how he is treated in the arenas, and how the league never does anything to stop it.

Anyway, there will be apparently a meeting in the next couple of days between Spanoulis and the Olympiacos owners, and then it will be known what is happening, but the inside info is right now that he is "very, very hot for coming to the NBA".

Also, Spanoulis announced he played the whole season with a hurt knee and he is extremely frustrated and angry at how the media and fans talked about him whenever he had a bad game, even though everyone knew that he played the whole season through a bad knee injury.

And he is not playing with the Greek national team ever again evidently (needs to rest this summer, rest his knee, maybe get ready for NBA, etc.), because apparently he's not going to play for the corrupted Greek basketball federation that keeps rigging the league in Greece.

And as a show of support for that, apparently all of his Olympiacos teammates will not play for the Greek national team again either, until the Greek federation would be replaced, and no longer controlled by Panathinaikos.

It's also being said that his very close friends in Olympiacos are asking him to please stay on the team, but all seem to be privately off the record indicating that they believe he probably will be going.

So we should know just in the next couple of days....

Also, NBA only fan IDIOTS, try to grasp this with your pathetic minds.....

One of the main reasons Spanoulis has never accepted any of the NBA contracts that he has been offered before, is that every time an NBA team offers him a contract, they immediately start to DEMAND that he, "never ever play with Greece's national team EVER again".

This NBA bullshit always starts every time. That the NBA teams refuse to offer contracts unless he would promise that he would not play with Greece's national team during the summer.

So every single time, he of course refused those contracts.

But now, that is no longer an issue. Since he and the other Olympiacos players are on protest from the national team, due to all the corruption in the Greek federation, among other things (not paying for player's insurance, etc).

So one of those main things that always was an instant deal breaker for the NBA is gone now.

R.I.P.
06-05-2014, 07:05 AM
Spanoulis had more pending NBA comebacks than Ric Flair had wrestling retirements.

uber
06-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Popovich wrote a personal letter and had Parker hand deliver it to Spanoulis in Athens, asking him to sign with the Spurs.

holy ****ing sh*t :roll: :roll:

iznogood
06-05-2014, 07:20 AM
So I'm making a breakdown of Slovenia vs. Greece @ Eurobasket 2013 to see how many double and triple teaming there was on Spanoulis and who are his defenders. Here's the game if anyone's interested. I'm only covering the plays which included either Dragic or Spanoulis, since there's too much and I was supposed to be working. I'd be happy if anyone is interested and pass his observations on how I assessed the plays or correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhjCcDYgQQI

8:13 After the tip-off, Spanoulis is guarded by Nebojsa Joksimovic (by all meanings a scrub), while Zoran Dragic is guarding Kostas Papanikolau. Printezis sets a down screen for Spanoulis and Joksimovic gets no help from Printezis' man Nachbar. Spanoulis then plays pick and roll with Bourousis and Vidmar defends the wrong side of the screen. No help from anyone else (no triple team, not even a double), Spanoulis gets in the paint and draws a foul on Vidmar.

9:20 Nebojsa Joksimovic (a scrub by all meanings) blows by Spanoulis but Spanoulis menages to come back. Still, the defence collapses, Joksimovic throws a contested 2 in the paint and Vidmar is able to get the rebound since his man is helping on Joksimovic. While everybody's battling for a rebound, Spanoulis is standing still under the basket for more than 5 seconds, which let's his man Joksimovic get another rebound after Vidmar misses.

9:39 Vidmar sets a high screen for Dragic. Notice how literally all 5 of Greek players sink deep in the paint, making Dragic either pass or shoot. Dragic pulls up and drains an easy 3.

9:51 After another down screen for Spanoulis, Kavvadas sets a pick and Spanoulis drives into the lane. Vidmar is bothered by Zisis and can't help and Goran Dragic only flashes in the paint and does not double hard, since Papanikolau is spotting up in the corner for a 3. Easy 2 for Spanoulis.

10:38 Notice again how all 5 players sink in the paint and challenge Dragic to either shoot or pass. For a scrub like Dragic, they sure are trying to prevent him from getting inside the paint. Dragic pulls up for a lucky 3.

10:53 Kavvadas sets a pick for Spanoulis and he gets in the paint and draws a fouls. Notice how Slovenia only defends pick and roll with 2 players and there is no double or not even a trap from Slovenia.

11:16 Another high pick from Kavvadas and Vidmar stays behind the 3 point line and make Spanoulis shoot a 3 point, poorly contested from Joksimovic, who was fighting through the screen. No double team whatsoever and Spanoulis shot misses.

11:22 After a missed 3, Spanoulis fails to pick up Dragic on the break and Dragic eurosteps by for an easy layup.

11:37 Down screen for Spanoulis, Joksimovic gets under easily and makes Spanoulis catch the ball 10 metres away from the basket. Spanoulis then feeds Printezis, who draws a foul on Nachbar. Notice how Joksimovic doesn't get any help on the off ball screens from any other players from Slovenia.

12:20 Multiple off ball screens for Spanoulis, who gets a ball screen from Kavvadas. Slovenia switches (no double team) and Spanoulis drives and kicks the ball out to Zisis in the corner. It's almost 3 minutes in the game and notice how Zoran Dragic at this point never even guarded Spanoulis nor did Slovenia double team him.

12:56 A first real double team of the game, but it's Greece doubling Dragic on the low block. Kavvadas contests Dragic shot, but Vidmar is now open for a rebound and Greece commits a foul.

13:30 Spanoulis gets a high screen from Kavvadas and gets in the paint, but Zoran Dragic steps in front to help and make him pass the ball to Papanikolau. Goran Dragic makes a good play on defense to tip the ball out of bounds. Again, no double team.

14:20 Goran Dragic rebounds the ball and goes coast to coast for a breakaway and 1. Notice a first real triple team of the game when defense collapses on Dragic, but he still manages to get an and 1.

15:16 After an off ball screen Printezis sets a pick and Nachbar steps out to trap Spanoulis and forces him to pass the ball. Notice how first trap (not a double team) on Spanoulis comes 3 minutes and a half in the game.

15:50 After a down screen for Spanoulis Bourousis sets a pick. The bad greek spacing allows Slovenian defense to collapse on Spanoulis, who is forced to pass a tough pass behind Printezis' back and Greece looses the ball.

16:10 3 minutes and 40 seconds in the game, Greece coach is forced to switch defenders on Goran Dragic. Goran Dragic is now being defended by Kostas Papanikolau. Mirza Begic sets a couple of screens, Greece still defends the paint and lets Dragic take an uncontested pull up which misses.

16:25 High pick from Bourousis, Spanoulis drives in and kicks the ball to Printezis, who has no problem with Nachbar and forces Begic to stay ready to help, which makes for an easy tip in from Bourousis, whom nobody boxed out.

16:38 Slovenia tries to exploit a missmatch by posting Nachbar against Zisis, but help comes and forces Nachbar to kick out. Slovenia swings the ball and Dragic drives in the paint again only to miss a contested turnaround jumper over Papanikolau. But since defense collapsed on Dragic, nobody boxes out Begic, who gets a rebound and kicks the ball out to Goran Dragic, who drives in for a pass to Begic. Spanoulis steps in for his first good play on defense in the game and knocks the ball away, but Zoran Dragic recovers it and makes a lay up.

Greece then calls time out.

I'm out of time, but I will continue tomorrow.

Summary: so far Zoran Dragic never guarded Spanoulis. Spanoulis' primary defender is Nebojsa Joksimovic, who guards him without any help on the off ball screens. Zoran Dragic guards Papanikolau all the time. Slovenia only throws one trap at Spanoulis, does not double or triple team Spanoulis and defends pick and roll with only 2 men. The defense collapses on Spanoulis once.

Euroleague
06-05-2014, 07:38 AM
So I'm making a breakdown of Slovenia vs. Greece @ Eurobasket 2013 to see how many double and triple teaming there was on Spanoulis and who are his defenders. Here's the game if anyone's interested. I'm only covering the plays which included either Dragic or Spanoulis, since there's too much and I was supposed to be working. I'd be happy if anyone is interested and pass his observations on how I assessed the plays or correct me if I'm wrong.

8:13 After the tip-off, Spanoulis is guarded by Nebojsa Joksimovic (by all meanings a scrub), while Zoran Dragic is guarding Kostas Papanikolau. Printezis sets a down screen for Spanoulis and Joksimovic gets no help from Printezis' man Nachbar. Spanoulis then plays pick and roll with Bourousis and Vidmar defends the wrong side of the screen. No help from anyone else (no triple team, not even a double), Spanoulis gets in the paint and draws a foul on Vidmar.

9:20 Nebojsa Joksimovic (a scrub by all meanings) blows by Spanoulis but Spanoulis menages to come back. Still, the defence collapses, Joksimovic throws a contested 2 in the paint and Vidmar is able to get the rebound since his man is helping on Joksimovic. While everybody's battling for a rebound, Spanoulis is standing still under the basket for more than 5 seconds, which let's his man Joksimovic get another rebound after Vidmar misses.

9:39 Vidmar sets a high screen for Dragic. Notice how literally all 5 of Greek players sink deep in the paint, making Dragic either pass or shoot. Dragic pulls up and drains an easy 3.

9:51 After another down screen for Spanoulis, Kavvadas sets a pick and Spanoulis drives into the lane. Vidmar is bothered by Zisis and can't help and Goran Dragic only flashes in the paint and does not double hard, since Papanikolau is spotting up in the corner for a 3. Easy 2 for Spanoulis.

10:38 Notice again how all 5 players sink in the paint and challenge Dragic to either shoot or pass. For a scrub like Dragic, they sure are trying to prevent him from getting inside the paint. Dragic pulls up for a lucky 3.

10:53 Kavvadas sets a pick for Spanoulis and he gets in the paint and draws a fouls. Notice how Slovenia only defends pick and roll with 2 players and there is no double or not even a trap from Slovenia.

11:16 Another high pick from Kavvadas and Vidmar stays behind the 3 point line and make Spanoulis shoot a 3 point, poorly contested from Joksimovic, who was fighting through the screen. No double team whatsoever and Spanoulis shot misses.

11:22 After a missed 3, Spanoulis fails to pick up Dragic on the break and Dragic eurosteps by for an easy layup.

11:37 Down screen for Spanoulis, Joksimovic gets under easily and makes Spanoulis catch the ball 10 metres away from the basket. Spanoulis then feeds Printezis, who draws a foul on Nachbar. Notice how Joksimovic doesn't get any help on the off ball screens from any other players from Slovenia.

12:20 Multiple off ball screens for Spanoulis, who gets a ball screen from Kavvadas. Slovenia switches (no double team) and Spanoulis drives and kicks the ball out to Zisis in the corner. It's almost 3 minutes in the game and notice how Zoran Dragic at this point never even guarded Spanoulis nor did Slovenia double team him.

12:56 A first real double team of the game, but it's Greece doubling Dragic on the low block. Kavvadas contests Dragic shot, but Vidmar is now open for a rebound and Greece commits a foul.

13:30 Spanoulis gets a high screen from Kavvadas and gets in the paint, but Zoran Dragic steps in front to help and make him pass the ball to Papanikolau. Goran Dragic makes a good play on defense to tip the ball out of bounds. Again, no double team.

14:20 Goran Dragic rebounds the ball and goes coast to coast for a breakaway and 1. Notice a first real triple team of the game when defense collapses on Dragic, but he still manages to get an and 1.

15:16 After an off ball screen Printezis sets a double team and Nachbar steps out to trap Spanoulis and forces him to pass the ball. Notice how first trap (not a double team) on Spanoulis comes 3 minutes and a half in the game.

15:50 After a down screen for Spanoulis Bourousis sets a pick. The bad greek spacing allows Slovenian defense to collapse on Spanoulis, who is forced to pass a tough pass behind Printezis' back and Greece looses the ball.

16:10 3 minutes and 40 seconds in the game, Greece coach is forced to switch defenders on Goran Dragic. Goran Dragic is now being defended by Kostas Papanikolau. Mirza Begic sets a couple of screens, Greece still defends the paint and lets Dragic take an uncontested pull up which misses.

16:25 High pick from Bourousis, Spanoulis drives in and kicks the ball to Printezis, who has no problem with Nachbar and forces Begic to stay ready to help, which makes for an easy tip in from Bourousis, whom nobody boxed out.

16:38 Slovenia tries to exploit a missmatch by posting Nachbar against Zisis, but help comes and forces Nachbar to kick out. Slovenia swings the ball and Dragic drives in the paint again only to miss a contested turnaround jumper over Papanikolau. But since defense collapsed on Dragic, nobody boxes out Begic, who gets a rebound and kicks the ball out to Goran Dragic, who drives in for a pass to Begic. Spanoulis steps in for his first good play on defense in the game and knocks the ball away, but Zoran Dragic recovers it and makes a lay up.

Summary: so far Zoran Dragic never guarded Spanoulis. Spanoulis' primary defender is Nebojsa Joksimovic, who guards him without any help on the off ball screens. Zoran Dragic guards Papanikolau all the time. Slovenia only throws one trap at Spanoulis, does not double or triple team Spanoulis and defends pick and roll with only 2 men. The defense collapses on Spanoulis once.

Oh look everyone, Coach Nick finally was dumb enough to out himself here.

iznogood
06-05-2014, 07:46 AM
Oh look everyone, Coach Nick finally was dumb enough to out himself here.
That's pretty funny, but a long as you don't prove me wrong, you're either lying or proving you don't really know what you are saying.

iznogood
06-05-2014, 07:48 AM
And remember, at bbllbreakdown we're not a channel, we're a conversation. You in?

Euroleague
06-05-2014, 07:53 AM
And remember, at bbllbreakdown we're not a channel, we're a conversation. You in?

You are just pissed off because you claimed elite Euroleague teams are no better than average NCAA teams and you got called out here for it.

I'm not even wasting my time with you. You are a troll and almost everyone here knows it.

NBA fans and Euroleague fans alike know you are a huge hater with an agenda. Hating on certain NBA teams and players, while propping up others, and bashing all of European basketball to the level of absurdity.

I knew you had a huge agenda, and all of a sudden you just could not help yourself and there it was. Make a new account Nick, because this one is outed.

And your attempts at derailing the thread won't work.

iznogood
06-05-2014, 08:01 AM
But what do you think about the bballbreakdown of this first quarter? Is it not true that you lied about who defended Spanoulis and that also you made up what type of defense Slovenia played against Spanoulis to make him look better?

Euroleague
06-05-2014, 08:14 AM
But what do you think about the bballbreakdown of this first quarter? Is it not true that you lied about who defended Spanoulis and that also you made up what type of defense Slovenia played against Spanoulis to make him look better?

Why don't you ask yourself why you got fired from high school coaching? That's that. Stop trying to derail the thread with your trolling Nick.

There is probably a junior high school somewhere that might hire you to coach their girls team.

davehos
06-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Better hope he joins the Spurs. I'm sure Pop can turn him into a decent 3rd stringer.

YouGotServed
06-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Damn, iznogood just pimp smacked the shit out of Euroleague. Dude went full beast mode breaking down the whole game and shit. :biggums:

Dat ether

Euroleague
06-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Better hope he joins the Spurs. I'm sure Pop can turn him into a decent 3rd stringer.

You are retarded.

If he joins the Spurs it's something like starting shooting guard, 6th man, or replacing Manu.

uber
06-05-2014, 08:24 AM
His story is the Rockets GM and Vice President promised him 20-25 minutes of playing time before he signed with them and that at training camp he was told by them he would start over Rafer Alston after the first week of scrimmages. Then Jeff Van Gundy later told him he would not play all year because his wife had ordered him not to play him since he was a rookie and that might cost some games, which could cause Jeff Van Gundy to lose his job and his wife told Jeff Van Gundy that she would not accept "less spending money." This according to Spanoulis was the reason given for why Jeff Van Gundy told him "you will not play as long as I'm in charge. Go back to Greece where they still play basketball in barns."

This is hilarious :D

Spanoulis says that after this Van Gundy told him, "CD told me you have been reading "the Chronicle Blogs" and listening to the sports radio and reading the fan forum online and that you are pissed off at all the false reports which are coming from me making up things about you and how the fans are believing it. Well just to let you know I post on that forum all the time and they all believe every damn word I say, I control the whole opinion there with the way I post and manipulate them. The fans are all a bunch of stupid losers and I own the Chronicle reporters and the radio talk guys."

Who knows. Maybe Lebron is posting here and has control over all those lebrontards :confusedshrug:

iznogood
06-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Why don't you ask yourself why you got fired from high school coaching? That's that. Stop trying to derail the thread wit your trolling Nick.

There is probably a junior high school somewhere that might hire you to coach their girls team.
It doesn't really help your argument when you're attacking ad hominem. I don't like Coach Nick's videos too much myself or agree with him, but at least I have some respect for the work he does.

On the other hand, what about the false claims you posted? You didn't bother to answer ant of those.

Euroleague
06-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Damn, iznogood just pimp smacked the shit out of Euroleague. Dude went full beast mode breaking down the whole game and shit. :biggums:

Dat ether

The only people dumber than Coach Nick are the people that believe his "analysis", or a single word he says of anything.

What a shock that it's a racist Houston Rockets fan.....

From the sub 65 IQ haplogroup.

I'm just going to tell all you drooling retards here ahead of time. Anyone that refers to Coach Nick the mega troll clown here in this thread again is automatically going on ignore.

And Coach Nick, read this a-hole, I NOT responding to you again, and you are now on my ignore list. So keep typing posts to me all you want. You won't get a response back. I'm not spending one more second of time on you.

Or like I said, anyone else quoting you, or your bullshit. So you won't get a single reply back from me in this thread again.

T_L_P
06-05-2014, 08:31 AM

Dat ether

Buried him.

rasko
06-05-2014, 08:43 AM
Panathinaikos fans thanking spanoulis for his shitty performance:facepalm
This scrub is an embarasement to greek basketball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyCd_N-jBco

YouGotServed
06-05-2014, 08:44 AM
The only people dumber than Coach Nick are the people that believe his "analysis", or a single word he says of anything.

What a shock that it's a racist Houston Rockets fan.....

From the sub 65 IQ haplogroup.

I'm just going to tell all you drooling retards here ahead of time. Anyone that refers to Coach Nick the mega troll clown here in this thread again is automatically going on ignore.

And Coach Nick, read this a-hole, I NOT responding to you again, and you are now on my ignore list. So keep typing posts to me all you want. You won't get a response back. I'm not spending one more second of time on you.

Or like I said, anyone else quoting you, or your bullshit. So you won't get a single reply back from me in this thread again.

tl;dr

Nigeria 80 Greece 79

Springsteen
06-05-2014, 08:48 AM
honestly i think he could potentially shine in the spurs system

anywhere else hes complete garbage

Euroleague
06-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Panathinaikos fans thanking spanoulis for his shitty performance:facepalm
This scrub is an embarasement to greek basketball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyCd_N-jBco

Oh look, the paid journalists have arrived. Prasini paying overtime again. Or is it onsports?

:rolleyes:

NustABut
06-05-2014, 08:53 AM
Dude needs to shave that chin bush

Look like the evil mini-me of Pero Antic

rasko
06-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Oh look, the paid journalists have arrived. Prasini paying overtime again. Or is it onsports?

:rolleyes:

v-span stats for the finals
61,5% ft
25% 2pt
16,6% 3pt

http://www.gazzetta.gr/stili/afierwmata/article/620727/i-katholiki-epikratisi-toy-diamantidi-epi-toy-spanoyli-pic

choke artist :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Derka
06-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Another $$ thread title edit :oldlol:

AboutBuckets
06-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Iznogood just served your ether in a shotglass Euroleague, suck it up and see yourself out of ISH

Euroleague
06-05-2014, 09:41 AM
v-span stats for the finals
61,5% ft
25% 2pt
16,6% 3pt

http://www.gazzetta.gr/stili/afierwmata/article/620727/i-katholiki-epikratisi-toy-diamantidi-epi-toy-spanoyli-pic

choke artist :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

So which punk are you? The guy that sits next Giannakopoulos in the white seats and gives him head during the halftimes, or are you one of those 2 "bodyguards" that is pumped full of steroids and is only about 168 cm tall and probably can't even bench more than 135 kilos...but thinks they are so tough and is out there pushing everyone around and threatening a bunch of people from behind with baseball bats and stuff?

What's so pathetic is that you idiots don't even get it that by rigging the finals every year now you forced Spanoulis to the NBA and off the national team and by default ALL the blame is going to come YOU, and all the glory is going to come to Spanoulis, and your pathetic little money from Giannakopoulos will be nothing compared to the NBA marketing money that will come in and demand that Spanoulis be "the GOD" and "greatest at everything" and therefore Panathinaikos and Diamantidis will be forever put to shit by the same whore media.

lol at what morons you idiots are. Spanoulis is going to the NBA you ****ing idiot. No one is going to care what you lunatic psychopaths tell each other and chant to each other at gate 13.

And now that the national team will just be Panaathinaikos, what the hell are you fools going to say? You can't make up your lies anymore. You can only blame Panathinaikos now and yourselves for it. Which means extremely fast you will get blamed by everyone that i isn't drinking that stupid PAO only bullshit.

You are too freaking stupid to realize that your ownership will be gone extremely quickly and so will all the Panathinaikos power from the league, because you just screwed the entire national team permanently.

I am sure you are one of those "great citizens" that has never in your life once paid taxes.

Im Still Ballin
06-05-2014, 09:43 AM
So which punk are you? The guy that sits next Giannakopoulos in the white seats and gives him head during the halftimes, or are you one of those 2 "bodyguards" that is pumped full of steroids and is only about 168 cm tall and probably can't even bench more than 135 kilos...but thinks they are so tough and is out there pushing everyone around and threatening a bunch of people from behind with baseball bats and stuff?

What's so pathetic is that you idiots don't even get it that by rigging the finals every year now you forced Spanoulis to the NBA and off the national team and by default ALL the blame is going to come YOU, and all the glory is going to come to Spanoulis, and your pathetic little money from Giannakopoulos will be nothing compared to the NBA marketing money that will come in and demand that Spanoulis be "the GOD" and "greatest at everything" and therefore Panathinaikos and Diamantidis will be forever put to shit by the same whore media.

lol at what morons you idiots are. Spanoulis is going to the NBA you ****ing idiot. No one is going to care what you lunatic psychopaths tell each other and chant to each other at gate 13.

And now that the national team will just be Panaathinaikos, what the hell are you fools going to say? You can't make up your lies anymore. You can only blame Panathinaikos now and yourselves for it. Which means extremely fast you will get blamed by everyone that i isn't drinking that stupid PAO only bullshit.

You are too freaking stupid to realize that your ownership will be gone extremely quickly and so will all the Panathinaikos power from the league, because you just screwed the entire national team permanently.

I am sure you are one of those "great citizens" that has never in your life once paid taxes.
Bro you're soo out of form it's hilar. Do some soul searching cuz, you're in a dark place.

iznogood
06-05-2014, 10:45 AM
So I'm back again, having an intern do a job I should be doing right now. I'm pimping him so hard it's not even funny. He seems to be happy to do it though since I buy him expensive steaks he can not afford from time to time for lunch.

17:45 Nothing much happening, I just wanted to point out Joksimovic is still guarding Spanoulis without any help. For all the people who imagine Nebojsa Joksimovic as some sort of slovenian Tony Allen, let me say he is a scrub who was getting blown by in slovenian national league for the whole series by a 18 year old kid. He can not guard fast point guards (he doesn't give up though) and he's an absolute scrub on offense. This is a guy that would not make greek national team. I'm just trying to illustrate what kind of scrubs Goran Dragic was dragging along.

18:46 Greece sets up a staggered screen for Spanoulis, which is then followed by a single ball screen by Bourousis. Begic picks up Spanoulis while Joksimovic fights through the screen and Zoran Dragic bumps Bourousis, who's rolling to the basket. This bump leaves Kostas Papanikolau wide open at the 3 point line, but Spanoulis chucks a step back Joksimovic contested 2 pointer that misses. No double team, no triple team.

19:05 very good defense by Spanoulis, who chases Joksimovic around multiple screens and makes him take a contested pull up 3 that Nebojsa Joksimovic can't even make on xbox. He than boxes in Joksimovic to get the long rebound.

19:26 once again, Spanoulis doesn't use the pick but rather chooses the other side and drives, only to have ball stolen by Zoran Dragic, who flashed in from the wing. Here Spanoulis' turnover happens because he decides to dribble the ball away from pick and creates bad spacing with too many players occupying the same area. Zoran Dragic doesn't even have to leave his man. This turnover causes a Zoran Dragic fastbreak which is then stopped by Kaimakoglu with an unsportsmanlike foul.

20:40 Spanoulis gets some help from Sloukas chasing Domen Lorbek around the screens. Lorbek, who subbed in for Joksimovic, can actually shoot so there's no more room for Spanoulis to slack. Great job nonetheless by Spanoulis who than guards Lorbek as ballhandler, only to loose him on a spin move. Kaimakoglu steps in and contest a shot. Overall, a good defense sequence by Spanoulis, but someone better than Domen Lorbek would've finished the play after the successful spin move.

21:30 Bramos subs for Spanoulis.

23:20 Lakovic subs for Goran Dragic

25:34 Kostas Papanikolau, who is one of the best greek players, finally gets a ball to shoot almost 8 minutes in the game. So much about Spanoulis playmaking. Even after not shooting for almost an entire quarter, Papanikolau (who was guarding Goran Dragic for the rest of the first quarter after he destroyed Zisis) drains a 3 pointer.

End of first quarter.

Summary: Slovenia's only defender on Spanoulis so far was Nebojsa Joksimovic. Zoran Dragic was guarding Kostas Papanikolau. Goran Dragic was guarded first by Zisis and later by Papanikolau. The split was about 50:50. You can easily see the difference between the tactics of 2 coaches. Maljkovic decided to run plays for his 2 guards (Lorbek and Joksimovic) even though none of them is their go to gut. But he forced Spanoulis to run a lot and wear him down a bit. On the other side, Trancheri doesn't run any plays for Zisis and Dragic can save some air and help his teamates. Greek team meanwhile relies on Spanoulis to make something happen out of the pick and roll.

21:37 The start of 2nd quarter. Spanoulis is back in, guarding Domen Lorbek. Begic sets a down screen for Lorbek, but Bourousis and Spanoulis defend the 2 man game successfully. Now Spanoulis defends Lorbek, who gets a ball screen from Begic. Spanoulis gets stuck on the screen and Lorbek now has a clear path to the basket. Greek defense collapses and Lorbek finds Balazic in the corner, but his uncontested 3 point shot misses.

23:28 Greece runs a down screen from Bourousis for Spanoulis, who is now being defended by Jaka Blazic. Bourousis sets a ball screen and Spanoulis dribbles awat from the paint and attacks the screen. Lorbek steps in the pain to help and leaves Bramos alone for a 3 point shot. Spanoulis makes the obvious pass, but Bramos can't make a semi-contested 3 pointer.

33:35 Bourousis sets a pick for ballhandler Spanoulis, but Lakovic steps in the paint to prevent penetration. No hard double, no triple team. Spanoulis again makes the right pass to Zisis. Zisis than gets a ball screen from Bourousis and makes a free throw jumper.

34:20 Goran Dragic is back in the game.

34:30 Another down screen for Spanoulis (who is still being guarded only by Blazic), this time on the wing. Blazic is late on the screen and gets no help from his teammates and fouls Spanoulis, who makes a layup for an and 1.

35:30 Slovenia runs a ballscreen for Lorbek. The defense collapse and Spanoulis completely looses track of his man Jaka Blazic, who gets an offensive rebound. Slokar then sets a ball screen for Dragic, Bramos gets stuck behind the screen and then fouls Dragic, who makes 2 from the line.

37:19 Spanoulis makes a good defensive play and takes a charge on Dragic.

37:39 Spanoulis gets a ball screen from Bourousis and dribbles away from the screen. Slovenia switches (no double team) and Blazic now has to guard rolling Bourousis. Spanoulis makes a nice pass and Blazic is forced to foul Bourousis.

38:35 Joksimovic and Zoran Dragic are back on court

38:50 Slovenia runs a version of horns, which leads to a staggered ballscreen for Joksimovic. Greece defends successfully and Slovenia somehow ends running another ballscreen with Joksimovic and Slokar. Greece switches and Spanoulis makes a great job fronting much taller Slokar (who is a certified scrub nevertheless). Zoran Dragic has to throw a pull up jumper that misses.

39:22 Spanoulis looses Joksimovic, but Slokar steps in and takes away what would have been an easy lay up. He then forces a pass which is tipped and Greece commits a turnover. Dragic attacks the paint on the breakaway, the defence collapses, Dragic finds an open man, but Balazic can't catch the ball.

40:13 Slovenia runs 2 man game with Slokar and Dragic, which allows Dragic to penetrate. The defense collapses to prevent the rolling Slokar and Dragic makes the right pass to his brother, who nails a 3 pointer.

40:35 A Spanoulis-Bourousis hand off turns into a pick and roll. Zoran Dragic steps in to prevent the drive and Spanoulis makes a mid air pass to Bramos, who finishes on the drive.

40:55 Slovenia runs a high pick and roll. Bramos now defends Goran Dragic and greek team sinks in the paint. Dragic drills an uncontested 3.

41:32 Spanoulis cuts to the wing, gets the ball and gets stripped by Nebojsa Joksimovic, who's defending him 1:1. This turns into a breakaway and an easy layup for Goran Dragic. Notice at 41:40 how Spanoulis is nowhere to be seen on the screen even when both of the referees are already back.

iznogood
06-05-2014, 10:46 AM
42:02 after Greece can't make nothing out of a Zisis/Bourousis pick and roll, this turns into an iso for Spanoulis against Joksimovic. Spanoulis drives for a pull up jumper, Joksimovic slips, but Spanoulis misses an uncontested jump shot.

42:27 Slovenia runs Dragic/Slokar pick and roll. Bramos and Bourousis switch and Dragic throws up a contested pullup 3 that misses. At that point, Spanoulis is guarding Zoran Dragic, who is another non factor on slovenian offense.

43:35 A down screen for Spanoulis turns into a series of Spanoulis/Printezis ball screens. Slovenia defends them 2:2, no trapping, no double teaming. Printezis is fouled on the catch in the paint and shoots 2. Goran Dragic subbs out.

45:10 A double down screen for Spanoulis ends up in another Spanoulis/Printezis pick and roll. Zoran Dragic steps in from the wing and forces the pass to rolling Printezis who finds open Zisis who can't finish on the drive.

45:51 Greece runs double ball screen, Slovenia switches (no double) and Spanoulis misses a hardly contested pull up three which leads to another breakaway layup for Slovenia.

46:15 Dragic drives on Papanikolau, the defense collapses and Dragic makes a great pass to his brother that can't make a 3. Nevertheless the greek defense is out of position and Dragic gets a rebound. Slovenia posts Nachbar against Printezis, he makes a bad shot but Zoran Dragic makes a catch and finishes the halftime with a layup.

End of 2nd quarter.

Summary: both teams played similar defense - preventing point guard to penetrate in the paint. Slovenia struggled at the beginning, but after they subbed out Vidmar, they made a good job of keeping Spanoulis out of the paint. None of the teams threw any serious double teams and I can only count one trap attempt by slovenian defense on Spanoulis. I don't count helping as double teaming as long as the ballhandler is not guarded closely by 2 defenders.

As for the match ups, you can see Dragic was guarded mostly by Papanikolau and for shorter time by Bramos and Zisis and not entirely by Zisis, as you suggested. As for the Spanoulis, he was being guarded by Joksimovic on all but 3 possessions, so that makes him his primary defender.

That makes you wrong on everything you posted - the match ups and the types of defense Slovenia played against Spanoulis. And I can tell you for a fact that none of other teams Greece faced had thrown hard doubles against Spanoulis.

And the second half of the game was tactially the same. I know, because I was there. Greece executed better and Spanoulis made more shots, but there were no double or triple teams. I don't think I have to break down more of that game to show that you don't have a clue about what you are talking about. If you are calling this action on defense a double team, then you clearly don't know what a real double team is. Also you were dead wrong about the matchups and this only shows you probably haven't even watched the game.

hawksdogsbraves
06-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Holy shit Euroleague getting exposed so hard :lebronamazed:

Iceman#44
06-05-2014, 10:52 AM
VASSILIS SPANOULIS CAREER STATS

NATIONAL LEAGUE
1999-00 - Larissa - 6.9 ppg in 13 games, .478 FG%
2000-01 - Larissa - 8.2 ppg in 26 games, .439 FG%
2001-02 - Maroussi - 4.9 ppg in 12 games, .489 FG%
2002-03 - Maroussi - 10.3 ppg in 29 games, .422 FG%
2003-04 - Maroussi - 11.1 ppg in 33 games, .456 FG%
2004-05 - Maroussi - 15.9 ppg in 35 games, .421 FG%
2005-06 - Panathinaikos - 11.0 ppg in 34 games, .446 FG%
2006-07 - Houston (NBA) - 2.7 ppg in 31 games, .319 FG%
2007-08 - Panathinaikos - 12.1 ppg in 36 games, .480 FG%
2008-09 - Panathinaikos - 10.2 ppg in 30 games, .455 FG%
2009-10 - Panathinaikos - 10.1 ppg in 31 games, .557 FG%
2010-11 - Olympiacos - 10.6 ppg in 30 games, .402 FG%
2011-12 - Olympiacos - 11.7 ppg in 31 games, .417 FG%
2012-13 - Olympiacos - 11.4 ppg in 33 games, .394 FG%

Career High 15.9 ppg on .421?? WTF

Even more...I think Euroleague MVP is really a JOKE...Spanoulis won 2012-13 Mvp Award scoring 14.7 ppg in 31 games while shooting 141/355, .397 FG%!!! :biggums:

Byobob
06-05-2014, 10:58 AM
VASSILIS SPANOULIS CAREER STATS

NATIONAL LEAGUE
1999-00 - Larissa - 6.9 ppg in 13 games, .478 FG%
2000-01 - Larissa - 8.2 ppg in 26 games, .439 FG%
2001-02 - Maroussi - 4.9 ppg in 12 games, .489 FG%
2002-03 - Maroussi - 10.3 ppg in 29 games, .422 FG%
2003-04 - Maroussi - 11.1 ppg in 33 games, .456 FG%
2004-05 - Maroussi - 15.9 ppg in 35 games, .421 FG%
2005-06 - Panathinaikos - 11.0 ppg in 34 games, .446 FG%
2006-07 - Houston (NBA) - 2.7 ppg in 31 games, .319 FG%
2007-08 - Panathinaikos - 12.1 ppg in 36 games, .480 FG%
2008-09 - Panathinaikos - 10.2 ppg in 30 games, .455 FG%
2009-10 - Panathinaikos - 10.1 ppg in 31 games, .557 FG%
2010-11 - Olympiacos - 10.6 ppg in 30 games, .402 FG%
2011-12 - Olympiacos - 11.7 ppg in 31 games, .417 FG%
2012-13 - Olympiacos - 11.4 ppg in 33 games, .394 FG%

Career High 15.9 ppg on .421?? WTF

Even more...I think Euroleague MVP is really a JOKE...Spanoulis won 2012-13 Mvp Award scoring 14.7 ppg in 31 games while shooting 141/355, .397 FG%!!! :biggums:

What did you expect? It is a joke league to begin with.. :roll: :roll:

Dr.J4ever
06-05-2014, 11:03 AM

15:16 After an off ball screen Printezis sets a pick and Nachbar steps out to trap Spanoulis and forces him to pass the ball. Notice how first trap (not a double team) on Spanoulis comes 3 minutes and a half in the game.

You are so brutal. Have mercy on Euroleague. :lol

Honestly, I would love it if VSpan finally goes to the NBA. He should have gone 2 years ago when he was a free agent. At 32 years old with a questionable NBA background, but a stellar non-NBA resume, Vspan will be a gamble for any NBA team to sign. He's not a regular Euro guard who will be happy to stay in his corner. As he said, he likes to be Tmac. He's ball dominant. So which teams?

It wouldn't make too much sense for a non-playoff team to sign him unless they thought Span could get them in the playoffs. Say an eastern team just on the cusp. What about the Knicks? With Felton out of the picture, Vspan might be the kind of guard Pjax might want. Not too expensive, and a possible big return.

If it's a playoff team, what about Indiana? Vspan MIGHT be an upgrade over George Hill. Or even OKC? Move Westbrook at the 2 with Vspan as the PG. If Vspan is all he is cracked up to be, this could make OKC's offense more viable in the halfcourt.

Of course, this could all fall flat on any team's face. Vspan is a big gamble. He either becomes a good to very good NBA player, or becomes terrible like with the Rockets.

I don't think there is a middle ground with him.

Iceman#44
06-05-2014, 11:19 AM
What did you expect? It is a joke league to begin with.. :roll: :roll:
B-b-bbut Spannoulis is more athletic than Westbrook and a top 3 player in the world:lol :roll: :biggums:

iznogood
06-05-2014, 11:20 AM
You are so brutal. Have mercy on Euroleague. :lol

Honestly, I would love it if VSpan finally goes to the NBA. He should have gone 2 years ago when he was a free agent. At 32 years old with a questionable NBA background, but a stellar non-NBA resume, Vspan will be a gamble for any NBA team to sign. He's not a regular Euro guard who will be happy to stay in his corner. As he said, he likes to be Tmac. He's ball dominant. So which teams?

It wouldn't make too much sense for a non-playoff team to sign him unless they thought Span could get them in the playoffs. Say an eastern team just on the cusp. What about the Knicks? With Felton out of the picture, Vspan might be the kind of guard Pjax might want. Not too expensive, and a possible big return.

If it's a playoff team, what about Indiana? Vspan MIGHT be an upgrade over George Hill. Or even OKC? Move Westbrook at the 2 with Vspan as the PG. If Vspan is all he is cracked up to be, this could make OKC's offense more viable in the halfcourt.

Of course, this could all fall flat in any team's face. Vspan is a big gamble. He either become a good to very good NBA player, or becomes terrible like with the Rockets.

I don't think there is a middle ground with him.
I agree completely with your first part. Also I'd love for Spanoulis to have a good career in the NBA since I do believe he didn't get a fair chance playing for Houston.

As far as the possible teams go, I can not comment on the Knicks since they are a mess at the moment. For sure they can use him, but I don't know if this is the type of team where he would really excel.

Indiana would benefit a lot and I believe Spanoulis would be great fit, but I don't see them making him their starting PG instead of Lance Stephenson if they are giving Lance a big contract this year.

As far as OKC goes, I don't think anything will work with Scott Brooks. Westbrook may be a dufus, but he brings so much to the table. Scores, assists, plays great defense most of the time, hustles and also get to the line at high rate. I don't think Spanoulis would excel in that type of offense, since there is much left to individual talent. It's not that Spanoulis is not talented, but his quickness is not there anymore, so I'm having my doubts. With a center that can finish on the roll he wouldn't have any problems creating shots for himself and others, but Perkins is useless in this role.

I can imagine him on Spurs with no problem. He's not selfish and he can adapt his game to non dominant. I'm not sure wether he wants to play behind Tony Parker, but if he wants to, the Spurs are money.

Dr.J4ever
06-05-2014, 11:41 AM
I agree completely with your first part. Also I'd love for Spanoulis to have a good career in the NBA since I do believe he didn't get a fair chance playing for Houston.

As far as the possible teams go, I can not comment on the Knicks since they are a mess at the moment. For sure they can use him, but I don't know if this is the type of team where he would really excel.

Indiana would benefit a lot and I believe Spanoulis would be great fit, but I don't see them making him their starting PG instead of Lance Stephenson if they are giving Lance a big contract this year.

As far as OKC goes, I don't think anything will work with Scott Brooks. Westbrook may be a dufus, but he brings so much to the table. Scores, assists, plays great defense most of the time, hustles and also get to the line at high rate. I don't think Spanoulis would excel in that type of offense, since there is much left to individual talent. It's not that Spanoulis is not talented, but his quickness is not there anymore, so I'm having my doubts. With a center that can finish on the roll he wouldn't have any problems creating shots for himself and others, but Perkins is useless in this role.

I can imagine him on Spurs with no problem. He's not selfish and he can adapt his game to non dominant. I'm not sure wether he wants to play behind Tony Parker, but if he wants to, the Spurs are money.
Regarding Indiana, Hill is their PG, and he is not very good. Lance Stephenson can, on a limited basis, help out the PG, but I don't think it would be advisable to go through him for an entire game.

As for OKC, could Vspan play along side Westbrook? Both like to shoot off the dribble so catch and shoot might be a problem. However, there is talk in OKC on moving Westbrook to the 2 guard. Scott Brooks and his "clogged toilet" offense, as coined by Bill Simmons, could be a hindrance though.

So let's talk about that here. Which team might take a chance on Vspan?

hawksdogsbraves
06-05-2014, 12:50 PM
I don't know how much money he'd want, but the Heat seem like a good fit. Chalmers may be gone in FA, so they'll have a need for a PG. He could even start if he did well early on, I don't think Cole is a legitimate starter.

ImKobe
06-05-2014, 01:20 PM

knew this would be the first response as soon as I opened the thread :lol :bowdown:

Euroleague
06-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Inside info update,

The coach of Olympiacos is personally meeting with Spanoulis every day trying to convince him to stay.

There will be a meeting between Spanoulis and the owners of the club very soon, probably tomorrow.

Many reports in Europe already say that the Euroleague club Efes has already been working on a buyout of his contract, because it was already known he had already decided to leave the team.

Anyway, his close friends again had asked him to stay, but his best friend in the team (Stratos Perperoglou) has already left the team, and also signed in Efes, the same team that is trying now to buyout Spanoulis.

Which means, that his best friend in the team already left, which is one less reason for him to stay.

Also, Acie Law, who he is very good friends with in the team, is apparently also being released by the owners of the team, so another one of his best friends is being gone from the team also.

So more and more reasons for him to leave every day.

I have from inside info, understand it is inside info, which NBA teams is right now interested in Spanoulis. There might be more NBA teams to follow, once word is out that he has officially decided to leave Euroleague and come to NBA, but this is the list of NBA teams that is interested for right now, before this happens:

Chicago Bulls
Houston Rockets
Oklahoma City Thunder
San Antonio Spurs
Utah Jazz

Smook A.
06-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Inside info update,

The coach of Olympiacos is personally meeting with Spanoulis every day trying to convince him to stay.

There will be a meeting between Spanoulis and the owners of the club very soon, probably tomorrow.

Many reports in Europe already say that the Euroleague club Efes has already been working on a buyout of his contract, because it was already known he had already decided to leave the team.

Anyway, his close friends again had asked him to stay, but his best friend in the team (Stratos Perperoglou) has already left the team, and also signed in Efes, the same team that is trying now to buyout Spanoulis.

Which means, that his best friend in the team already left, which is one less reason for him to stay.

Also, Acie Law, who he is very good friends with in the team, is apparently also being released by the owners of the team, so another one of his best friends is being gone from the team also.

I have from inside info, understand it is inside info, which NBA teams is right now interested in Spanoulis. There might be more NBA teams to follow, once word is out that he has officially decided to leave Euroleague and come to NBA, but this is the list of NBA teams that is interested for right now, before this happens:

Chicago Bulls
Houston Rockets
Oklahoma City Thunder
San Antonio Spurs
Utah Jazz
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

AboutBuckets
06-06-2014, 11:39 AM
For some reason I have a sneaking suspicion he will "Have a reversal of faith" and either decide to stay on Olympiacos or move to some other bum ass Euro team. Some "inside operator" will "sabotage" his move to the NBA by "discouraging NBA teams from offering him the type of contract he deserves" and we'll never have to deal with Vagisillis Shitfagnoulis again

Rooster
06-06-2014, 11:48 AM
He'll be a 5th string guard just like in Houston. He will look good waving those towels and buttshifting at the bench and look bad in garbage time. He can't beat Skip, Head and Lucas on the rotation and shoot like 1-16 in intra scrimmage games. He just can't cut it against the true pros:oldlol:

Le Shaqtus
06-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Inside info update,

Chicago Bulls
Houston Rockets
Oklahoma City Thunder
San Antonio Spurs
Utah Jazz

:roll: at the prospect of Spanoulis replacing Westbrook or Parker at PG. You're a f*cking idiot.

Pop replacing his most trusted and FMVP Point Guard with a guy who was a bust in this league to begin with. If either of those two teams took him he wouldn't be starting.

But you're lying so the point is moot anyway.

dannywpt
06-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Obvious troll is obvious :roll:

Kiddlovesnets
06-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Most Euroleague scrubs cant play in NBA.
:facepalm

jzek
06-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Most Euroleague scrubs cant play in NBA.
:facepalm

You're wrong... didn't you even read thsi thread? :facepalm

OKC and SA have already offered VSpan STARTING PG role with STARTER MINUTES! Euroleague said so according to his multiple sources! That means they think VSpan is better than Parker and Westbrook...

outbreak
06-06-2014, 04:25 PM
You're wrong... didn't you even read thsi thread? :facepalm

OKC and SA have already offered VSpan STARTING PG role with STARTER MINUTES! Euroleague said so according to his multiple sources! That means they think VSpan is better than Parker and Westbrook...
Not just a starting role though, as per his sources they are throwing out the existing gameplan and making v span the focus and leader. **** running through kd manu or duncan, vspan is a better first option.

Oly BC
06-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Ginobili could have easily stayed in Europe or gone to the NBA for one of the awful teams (ie every team except the spurs) and people would have the same ignorant attitude.

He made the right move though, he went from averaging 3 assists in euroleague at the age of 25 to dissing out 11 assists in a final against the champions at the age of 79. :applause:

That's some Ricky Rubio stat inflation right there.

rezznor
06-06-2014, 07:40 PM
For some reason I have a sneaking suspicion he will "Have a reversal of faith" and either decide to stay on Olympiacos or move to some other bum ass Euro team. Some "inside operator" will "sabotage" his move to the NBA by "discouraging NBA teams from offering him the type of contract he deserves" and we'll never have to deal with Vagisillis Shitfagnoulis again
this

gabepizza
06-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Ginobili could have easily stayed in Europe or gone to the NBA for one of the awful teams (ie every team except the spurs) and people would have the same ignorant attitude.

He made the right move though, he went from averaging 3 assists in euroleague at the age of 25 to dissing out 11 assists in a final against the champions at the age of 79. :applause:

That's some Ricky Rubio stat inflation right there.

Using Ginobili and Spanoulis in the same sentence is like using Jordan and Charlie Ward in the same sentence. Spanoulis couldn't hold Ginobili's jock strap.

Euroleague
06-07-2014, 05:18 AM
Using Ginobili and Spanoulis in the same sentence is like using Jordan and Charlie Ward in the same sentence. Spanoulis couldn't hold Ginobili's jock strap.

I love Manu as a player, but he does nothing better than Spanoulis. And actually, Spanoulis is leaps and bounds better than him as a 3 point shooter, and at running pick and roll.

Your basketball IQ is so low, that it's absolutely sickening.

If Spanoulis was on the Spurs, he's going to become the top offensive player on the team, simply because he's better offensively than any player they have.

He can do everything Parker can, only he's also a great 3 point shooter, and he's a great play maker, both things that Parker isn't.

Freaking Danny Green, Gary Neal....guys like that can get 25-30 minutes on the Spurs.

They are absolutely HORRIBLE guards compared to Spanoulis.

Patty Mills can't run an offense, or pass if his life depended on it, and he even logs good minutes in the playoffs. He's a mega scrub compared to Spanoulis.

Spanoulis would definitely either be the Spurs starting shooting guard, or their 6th man. And he would play the same kind of minutes Parker does.

Freaking Danny Green can't even dribble a damn basketball and he's the starting shooting guard.

If you even dare question any of this, then your IQ is sub 50.

KG215
06-07-2014, 06:00 AM
I love Manu as a player, but he does nothing better than Spanoulis. And actually, Spanoulis is leaps and bounds better than him as a 3 point shooter, and at running pick and roll.

If Spanoulis was on the Spurs, he's going to become the top offensive player on the team, simply because he's better offensively than any player they have.

He can do everything Parker can, only he's also a great 3 point shooter, and he's a great play maker, both things that Parker isn't.

Freaking Danny Green, Gary Neal....guys like that can get 25-30 minutes on the Spurs.

Patty Mills can't run an offense, or pass if his life depended on it, and he even logs good minutes in the playoffs. He's a mega scrub compared to Spanoulis.

Spanoulis would definitely either be the Spurs starting shooting guard, or their 6th man. And he would play the same kind of minutes Parker does.

Freaking Danny Green can't even dribble a damn basketball and he's the starting shooting guard.

You continually lower the bar, that you set yourself, for sensationalist bullshit. I don't know how you do it, but just when I think there's no way you can simultaneously overrate the hell out of Spanoulis while underrating the hell out of more proven players (in the NBA and internationally), you come through time and time again.

Props.

Oly BC
06-07-2014, 06:43 AM
He could average more than 3 apg in euroleague though, something Manu couldn't do.

I say fair game to him and even Rubio. When you're given the chance to leave everyone in awe with your unique vision, why not take it? I mean, explorers used to impress natives with mirrors, it has been done successfully in the past.

jongib369
06-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Could do this myself, but could you link me to some of his best games? Or possibly against European players that went to the NBA later on....You've seen more of him than anyone on this board most likely so you'd know what to search

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elmzD9Shv2M

watching this atm

Le Shaqtus
06-18-2014, 11:38 PM
Manu>Bumnoulis

Rooster
06-18-2014, 11:49 PM

:applause: This.

This was probably Greek wet dream when VSpan trying to play with the real pros but can't beat scrubs like Head, Lucas and streetballer Skip to the rotation. Van Gundy was smart enough to not gives minutes to a primadonna rookie who is shooting like 1-15 in intrascrimmage games and turnover waiting to happen.:oldlol:

Black and White
06-18-2014, 11:54 PM
If v-span was ever as good as EL claims he is, NBA teams would be lining up to sign him, we are talking a better shooter than Manu with greater athleticism than Westbrook, if thats the case, why is he rotting in a shit tournament like the Euroleague?

outbreak
06-19-2014, 12:06 AM
If v-span was ever as good as EL claims he is, NBA teams would be lining up to sign him, we are talking a better shooter than Manu with greater athleticism than Westbrook, if thats the case, why is he rotting in a shit tournament like the Euroleague?

I'll go with the tired and predictable answer that is more depressing than funny these days: RACISM!

Smook A.
06-19-2014, 12:18 AM
I don't think he returns to the NBA.

And please change the title. You're embarrassing Houston fans.

Euroleague
06-19-2014, 05:27 AM
Could do this myself, but could you link me to some of his best games? Or possibly against European players that went to the NBA later on....You've seen more of him than anyone on this board most likely so you'd know what to search

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elmzD9Shv2M

watching this atm

If you want to see games against teams loaded with NBA players, then:

Vassilis Spanoulis against Team USA A Team 2006 FIBA World Cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHNtJnCrwRM

Vassilis Spanoulis against Spain 2007 FIBA EuroBasket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybKgd8_62NA

Vassilis Spanoulis against Spain 2007 and 2009 FIBA EuroBasket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93K_bO9E0c8

Vassilis Spanoulis against Spain 2013 FIBA EuroBasket

Marlo_Stanfield
06-19-2014, 05:37 AM

once again Euroleague nailed it but everyone gonna keep acting like he

Marlo_Stanfield
06-19-2014, 05:38 AM
You continually lower the bar, that you set yourself, for sensationalist bullshit. I don't know how you do it, but just when I think there's no way you can simultaneously overrate the hell out of Spanoulis while underrating the hell out of more proven players (in the NBA and internationally), you come through time and time again.

Props.
stfu
garbage poster

Combat Wombat
06-19-2014, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=Marlo_Stanfield]once again Euroleague nailed it but everyone gonna keep acting like he

Le Shaqtus
06-19-2014, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Marlo_Stanfield]once again Euroleague nailed it but everyone gonna keep acting like he

coin24
06-19-2014, 11:38 AM

Euroleague
06-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Latest inside info -

Spanoulis and the Atlanta Hawks are said to be negotiating.

dannywpt
06-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Latest inside info -

For a job as towel boy or mopper?

Smook A.
06-20-2014, 02:59 PM
Latest inside info -

Link it

KungFuJoe
06-20-2014, 03:02 PM
For a job as towel boy or mopper?

No. Season ticket prices. VSpan is a huge Atlanta fan.

Smook A.
06-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Latest inside info -

You lying piece of garbage

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=vassilis+spanoulis+hawks&tbm=nws

Proof you lied. Such a crackass.

Oly BC
06-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Equal shooter to Ginobili, far less athletic than Westbrook (like almost everyone on the planet), undescribably better vision and bb iq. Also Euroleague >>> NBA simply by having more than one decent team. NBA is filled with super athletic stars that get pummeled by european (or european-like) talent almost in its 40s :lol

Imagine going up against a euroteam in its prime.:bowdown:
Swept every time.

Euroleague
06-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Equal shooter to Ginobili, far less athletic than Westbrook (like almost everyone on the planet), undescribably better vision and bb iq. Also Euroleague >>> NBA simply by having more than one decent team. NBA is filled with super athletic stars that get pummeled by european (or european-like) talent almost in its 40s :lol

Imagine going up against a euroteam in its prime.:bowdown:
Swept every time.

Spanoulis is a much better 3 point shooter than Manu. Spanoulis can shoot the 3 coming off screens, coming off pick and roll, screen and roll, he can do it great in transition, on the dribble, creating his own shot, on the pull up, he has definitely much more range than Manu, and he can do it with much more defensive pressure than Manu can.

And also, when Spanoulis is used in the same way Manu is, off the ball, with picks and screens, and coming around them...his shooting percentage is extremely high, and he's lethal in 3 point range, something which Manu is not.

And that in last shot situations, Spanoulis has hit so many game winners with his step back 3 pointer, because he has range going into 8-9 meters, even against guys that are 209 in size.

Manu does not have that ability.

So Spanoulis is a much better 3 point shooter than Manu is. In other areas of shooting, I would say they are about equal. So, Spanoulis is a better shooter, because in 3 point shooting, he's much better.

The only player in Europe that even attempts the kind of shots Spanoulis does is Navarro, and he gets a lot less defensive pressure.

Euroleague
07-02-2014, 11:40 AM
The Spurs have recently been in contact with Spanoulis....

mattvNJ
07-02-2014, 11:51 AM
The Spurs have recently been in contact with Spanoulis....

source?

D-FENS
07-02-2014, 11:57 AM
source?

http://i45.tinypic.com/yi43.png

Derka
07-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Latest inside info -

And by "Latest inside info" you actually mean "I made this up because I have a sexual fetish for being mocked on the internet"

Dr.J4ever
07-02-2014, 12:18 PM
Any NBA teams interested? ....Anyone?....Please.

jzek
07-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Any NBA teams interested? ....Anyone?....Please.

Spurs are talking to him since Mills is out.

Dr.J4ever
07-02-2014, 12:23 PM

Really? Any credible links here? It'd be great if it's true. Imagine all the great threads and post here on Ish on Vspan in the NBA.

ralph_i_el
07-02-2014, 12:55 PM
I really want him to make a comeback so we can see him flop and shut up EL once and for all

mattvNJ
07-02-2014, 01:26 PM
With the mills news and Pop having a euro fetish, kinda seems feasible this time. lol

Euroleague
07-02-2014, 07:40 PM

The inside source said it was more like a replacement for Manu. He would be Manu's replacement. But I guess it makes sense if Mills can't play for some time.

But if they mean as Manu's replacement, I'm not sure exactly what that means..........

Bandito
07-02-2014, 08:08 PM
The inside source said it was more like a replacement for Manu. He would be Manu's replacement. But I guess it makes sense if Mills can't play for some time.

But if they mean as Manu's replacement, I'm not sure exactly what that means..........
What inside source?

AboutBuckets
07-02-2014, 08:38 PM

If you mean long-term replacement.. L. O. ****ing. L.

Dr.J4ever
07-19-2014, 03:12 AM
So this thread has 14 pages, any updates? Whose Span negotiating with now in the NBA? Atlanta? San Antonio to replace Manu?

Where?

Milbuck
07-19-2014, 03:25 AM
So this thread has 14 pages, any updates? Whose Span negotiating with now in the NBA? Atlanta? San Antonio to replace Manu?

Where?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

alexd
07-19-2014, 04:36 AM

Where?
He signed with his old team

poido123
07-19-2014, 04:38 AM
Bulls need to get him.

A pass first point guard very much needed.

Perhaps Mirotic's old teammate can coherse him to play for the Bulls..

Dragic4Life
07-19-2014, 05:37 AM
I hope he gets to show his potential and full talent in the NBA.

Milbuck
07-19-2014, 06:29 AM
I hope he gets to show his potential and full talent in the NBA.
He already had that chance and failed miserably, in his prime as well. He's just a dogshit player.

Flush
07-19-2014, 07:03 AM
Since you are a ph4ggot OP, your Shitnoulis won't be making any impact on the team.

Dr.J4ever
07-21-2014, 08:23 AM
So can EL comment on this new updated quote from Wiki:

"In July 2014 he decided to break his contract with Olympiacos and return to his former team Panathinaikos, wearing the green for the third time in his career.Spanoulis will play again along with his old teamate Dimitris Diamantidis as he promised."

So now his returning to the team that "rigged" the Greek League Final?

Real Men Wear Green
07-21-2014, 11:21 AM
What inside source?
The voices inside his head, like always.

BlkMambaGOAT
07-21-2014, 11:25 AM
They got at least 5 players holding them back:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

MiseryCityTexas
07-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Spanoulis couldn't even outplay John Lucas the 3rd in practice.:oldlol:

kentatm
07-21-2014, 12:05 PM
I'm struggling to recall a single time one of Euroleague's predictions about a signing actually happened.

duskovujosevic
07-21-2014, 12:52 PM
EL will die if he goes back to Panata. He hated Panata just because Spanolis was scrub there.

Dr.J4ever
07-21-2014, 12:57 PM
EL will die if he goes back to Panata. He hated Panata just because Spanolis was scrub there.

This is why I want him to clarify this. I got that quote from the latest Wiki update on Vspan. Anyone can check it out.

So unless someone at Wiki is sleeping at the wheel, we can now take this as fact.

Oly BC
07-21-2014, 01:18 PM
http://www.redvoice.gr/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/spanoulis-olimpiakos-ta-kaldi-3437354.jpeg

Forever and always Red. :bowdown:

Rooster
07-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Spanoulis couldn't even outplay John Lucas the 3rd in practice.:oldlol:

Skip, Lucas and Head were ahead of him on rotation because even on
Rockets intra scrimmage practice, VSpan shot like 1-15 .

duskovujosevic
07-21-2014, 03:30 PM
great hoe, not bad for construction worker.

http://www.itusozluk.com/image/vassilis-spanoulis_547534.jpg

alexd
07-21-2014, 04:05 PM
This is why I want him to clarify this. I got that quote from the latest Wiki update on Vspan. Anyone can check it out.

So unless someone at Wiki is sleeping at the wheel, we can now take this as fact.
He signed with his current team again.he would t dare to go back to panathinaikos.although money can do alot and fans have a short memory

Oly BC
07-21-2014, 04:23 PM
He signed with his current team again.he would t dare to go back to panathinaikos.although money can do alot and fans have a short memory
He wouldn't dare?:lol
Even Calathes blew off pao,who would want to play for that has-been team and with its have-been players?:confusedshrug:
All the money in the world wouldn't be enough.

mentallooser
07-21-2014, 04:41 PM
The truth is obviously this.

http://haber.rotahaber.com/spanoulis-galatasarayda-galatasaray-liv-hospital-spanoulis-ile-anlasti_469041.html

alexd
07-21-2014, 05:52 PM
He wouldn't dare?:lol
Even Calathes blew off pao,who would want to play for that has-been team and with its have-been players?:confusedshrug:
All the money in the world wouldn't be enough.
he wouldn t dare cause hardcore fans would boo him every time.but hey fans tend to have a short memory so you never know but i really really doubt it would happen
yes pao is a has been team..since 2000 they have 12 championships and olympiacos has....1 :roll: :roll:

Oly BC
07-21-2014, 07:03 PM
he wouldn t dare cause hardcore fans would boo him every time.but hey fans tend to have a short memory so you never know but i really really doubt it would happen
yes pao is a has been team..since 2000 they have 12 championships and olympiacos has....1 :roll: :roll:
Pao is a has been team and I don't see why you, as an aek fan, have any trouble accepting it.:facepalm
They were barely a top 8 team last year, got ridiculed in the playoffs playing against cska, f4's weakest (scoring 44 points in a game like some highschool team), and they'd be lucky to reach top16 this year. Has-been.

Euroleague
07-21-2014, 08:54 PM
So can EL comment on this new updated quote from Wiki:

"In July 2014 he decided to break his contract with Olympiacos and return to his former team Panathinaikos, wearing the green for the third time in his career.Spanoulis will play again along with his old teamate Dimitris Diamantidis as he promised."

So now his returning to the team that "rigged" the Greek League Final?

Dr.J4ever's IQ revised down to 45.

Euroleague
07-21-2014, 08:56 PM

He was the best player on a team that won the Triple Crown when he played at Panathinaikos, Euroleague Final Four MVP, Greek League MVP, etc.....

Every player in Europe is a scrub if he was a scrub in Panathinaikos.

You are almost as big a troll as the NBA only fans based on the posts you make in the forum recently.

Euroleague
07-21-2014, 08:59 PM

No he didn't you lying clown.

Euroleague
07-21-2014, 09:01 PM

No one outside of Maroussi cares about any of that. It's rigged and everyone knows it. Outside of Maroussi no one cares at all about it. You are a clown.

Outside of Maroussi, Panathinaikos is considered a has been team and basically a joke with an owner that snorts coke.

Euroleague
07-21-2014, 09:03 PM
Pao is a has been team and I don't see why you, as an aek fan, have any trouble accepting it.:facepalm
They were barely a top 8 team last year, got ridiculed in the playoffs playing against cska, f4's weakest (scoring 44 points in a game like some highschool team), and they'd be lucky to reach top16 this year. Has-been.

Once again, the d in his name stands for Diamantidis.

He is the typical paid blogger from onsports.gr that has to "spread their facts" whenever something like Olympiacos, Angelopoulos, Spanoulis, Bartzokas, or something like that appears on the internet.

Euroleague
05-05-2015, 06:08 PM
According to inside sources, Spanoulis will sign with the Spurs this summer.

Real Men Wear Green
05-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Man, I just want you to know that I held my breath waiting for his "near" NBA return. Not to complain but, it's been over 9 months since the last time I breathed and now, I am dead. So, thanks to your shitty threads, I have died. I hope you're happy.

monkeypox
05-05-2015, 06:29 PM

Wow, so it's official. Spurs back in tank mode looking for their next Duncan.

outbreak
05-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Is V-span replacing Reggie Williams in the rotation? Where's Reggie going?

zizozain
05-05-2015, 06:39 PM
Man, I just want you to know that I held my breath waiting for his "near" NBA return. Not to complain but, it's been over 9 months since the last time I breathed and now, I am dead. So, thanks to your shitty threads, I have died. I hope you're happy.
:lol

Optimus Prime
05-05-2015, 07:30 PM

http://img.rsport.ru/images/58340/13/583401312.jpg

2.7 PPG, 0.9 APG, 0.9 TOs, .319 FG% :bowdown:

Good, the Spurs do need someone to tie Duncan's shoes during time outs and fetch his Gatorade.

Oh and of course...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4uu7i1ILU1qk9z3lo1_500.jpg

outbreak
05-05-2015, 07:55 PM

Good, the Spurs do need someone to tie Duncan's shoes during time outs and fetch his Gatorade.

Oh and of course...

http://www.thegreatcanadiangiftcompany.com/assets/images/cooksvillehotsauces.jpg

KobesFinger
05-05-2015, 07:59 PM

Oh and of course...

He'd probably **** that up somehow, end up tying the laces to the bench so he can have some company

Le Shaqtus
05-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Spurs to miss playoffs completely in 2016.

BuffaloBill
05-05-2015, 08:20 PM

Worse news I've heard all day