PDA

View Full Version : James Harden - 1st team All-NBA

LoneyROY7
06-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Beat out Steph Curry by 8 votes.

Thoughts? Millbuck?

GeeWiz
06-04-2014, 05:53 PM
He was awarded for his regular season, however I don't believe for the season as a whole that he was one of the best 2 guards in the league, Russell Westbrook deserves to be there.

Rocketswin2013
06-04-2014, 06:00 PM
:lol Baiting him.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120402225423/random-ness/images/3/34/Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif

Smook A.
06-04-2014, 06:00 PM
I think he should've gotten 2nd team. But whatever, 1st team is a cool award. Good for him

BasedTom
06-04-2014, 06:01 PM
It's a sad joke.

Chrono90
06-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Overrated.

Rocketswin2013
06-04-2014, 06:03 PM
It's a really good example of understanding that no amount of trolling and forum posting can impact reality.

People really think too highly of their own opinions here. :lol

navy
06-04-2014, 06:04 PM
best regular season 2 guard

weak era

Real14
06-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Overrated.
:applause:

Rocketswin2013
06-04-2014, 06:05 PM
And by the way, harden has had a historically good stretch for a player of age 22-24. Nothing but HOFers have done what he's done so early.

GeeWiz
06-04-2014, 06:05 PM
It's a really good example of understanding that no amount of trolling and forum posting can impact reality.

People really think too highly of their own opinions here. :lol

What do you mean by this? If you are suggesting that a regular season award gives you debating rights over anything then you are mistaken, I would strongly suggest you tread carefully on this topic....

K Xerxes
06-04-2014, 06:07 PM
I think people's opinions are really skewed by his horrendous post season performance, which has no bearing on his place here. Offensively, he was very good in the regular season... 25-6-5 on 46% is pretty impressive.

Obviously defense is another matter and I think 3rd all team is the best he should have got, but since offense matters so much more to some people, I understand why he got 1st.

Rocketswin2013
06-04-2014, 06:08 PM
What do you mean by this? If you are suggesting that a regular season award gives you debating rights over anything then you are mistaken, I would strongly suggest you tread carefully on this topic....
What the **** are you talking about

GeeWiz
06-04-2014, 06:11 PM
What the **** are you talking about

Well it seems like you are trying to use this as a method of making James Harden look better than he really was this season, the all-team vote is clearly based on his offensive production during the course of the regular season, great numbers I give him that, but don't get carried away.

All Net
06-04-2014, 06:33 PM
Playoffs aside he had an impressive year.

stalkerforlife
06-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Well deserved.

ABfor3
06-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Good for him, he needs to play defense and show up in the playoffs now

UK2K
06-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Go Harden!

25.4 ppg, 6.1 apg, 4.7 rpg

62% TS (5th)
10.1 OWS (4th)

All at $13.7m. Noiceeeeee.

Milbuck
06-04-2014, 10:09 PM
I love it.

I want his confidence at an absolute high. I want him to believe he can be that next-level player like an all-time great. I want him to work relentlessly on his game, to grind for hours in the gym, tweak everything he possibly can. I want him to come into next season refreshed, filled with confidence, and ready to take over. I want him to believe he can win it all as the man.

That's gonna make his next postseason bedshitting that much sweeter. To know that he did everything he possibly could have, absolutely maximized his basketball capabilities physically and mentally....and still came up short. That's all I want for him next season. For him to build all the belief he possibly could, only to have it brutally assrammed.

I hope Lillard does it too. Another dagger right in that bearded ****'s heart, preferably in game 7 this time, on the road in Houston.

AboutBuckets
06-04-2014, 10:14 PM
I love it.

I want his confidence at an absolute high. I want him to believe he can be that next-level player like an all-time great. I want him to work relentlessly on his game, to grind for hours in the gym, tweak everything he possibly can. I want him to come into next season refreshed, filled with confidence, and ready to take over. I want him to believe he can win it all as the man.

That's gonna make his next postseason bedshitting that much sweeter. To know that he did everything he possibly could have, absolutely maximized his basketball capabilities physically and mentally....and still came up short. That's all I want for him next season. For him to build all the belief he possibly could, only to have it brutally assrammed.

I hope Lillard does it too. Another dagger right in that bearded ****'s heart, preferably in game 7 this time, on the road in Houston.

Laughed so hard I spit all over my screen

Duggrr
06-04-2014, 10:14 PM
I love it.

:applause: :roll:

YouGotServed
06-04-2014, 10:34 PM
Harden haters nowhere to be seen. :applause:

Best 2 guard in the league by far.

sammichoffate
06-04-2014, 10:42 PM
WB getting jobbed by Harden on that list :lol

JohnFreeman
06-04-2014, 10:45 PM
Well Davis and Allen didn't make defensive team selection, so it isn't the worst.

Inferno
06-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Should be Curry's spot. Stats were comparable all around except for assists where Curry got 2 more per game, and Harden's a worse defender

b1imtf
06-04-2014, 10:48 PM
WB getting jobbed by Harden on that list :lol
Russ didn't play much in the reg season though.

GrapeApe
06-04-2014, 10:59 PM
The idea that Harden will likely end up with more first team selections than Wade has me seriously rustled.

chazzy
06-04-2014, 11:00 PM
Not outrageous at all. I thought Curry was better though.

Cosmonaut
06-05-2014, 01:01 AM
Harden is still young. Will be interesting to see what his game is like towards the end of hi current contract. Will he adapt his game over the next few years towards being more successful in the playoffs because it's clear his game is not built for playoff success. Will he work on his defense so that overall team defense can be better, because right now the team really struggles to fill the black hole he leaves on the defensive end.

Micku
06-05-2014, 01:30 AM
The Harden hate is delicious.

But the guy had a very good regular season. Efficiency wise he is very good as a scorer. Laid an egg in the playoffs tho.

I'm curious what he'll add to his game later on...if anything.

GimmeThat
06-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Should be Curry's spot. Stats were comparable all around except for assists where Curry got 2 more per game, and Harden's a worse defender

I think Curry will start the next season with the All NBA 1st team selection being its his to lose, especially now that Marc Jackson is gone. If he can put up similar stats under Steve Kerr, his chances at a 1st team selection is as good as Harden.

There are arguments that Harden didn't deserve this award, but also many where he did. I don't see his regular season production to go down one bit next season, if not being better. But I think the media will have a tough time to look past his playoff production when it comes to voting time next year.

Not sure if this is how the voting works in terms of media votes, but that's just how I feel about it.

Kidbasketball20
06-05-2014, 01:36 AM
He ball hogged stats at the expense of Jeremy Lin by TELLING COACHES he'd prefer to play with Bev, who hogs up less stats when Lin is by far the better player.

The most selfish player in the NBA.

Magic731
06-05-2014, 01:42 AM
Harden is ridiculously underrated on this forum. I think that's due to a mix of his ability to draw fouls and Milbuck's endless rants about Harden (also his playoff series was underwhelming). You can make an argument as to why someone else might have deserved this over Harden but you are clearly delusional if you feel he has no business being there at all.

oarabbus
06-05-2014, 04:23 AM
I love it.

Damn. Absolute ether of all Harden stans.

Smook A.
06-05-2014, 04:34 AM
Not really :lol

He just posts the same thing pretty much every time.

It goes like this "Harden is a fat loser. I hate his stinky beard. I hope he shits himself in the playoffs" Thats basically it.

JohnFreeman
06-05-2014, 04:42 AM
I love it.

:lebronamazed:

brantonli
06-05-2014, 04:44 AM

last I checked, there aren't any Harden stans. A passionate (and funny) Harden hater in millbuck, but that's it.

andremiller07
06-05-2014, 06:19 AM
With the refs carrying he's a monster without them not so much

IMObjective
06-05-2014, 06:52 AM
I love it.

I hope Lillard does it too. Another dagger right in that bearded ****'s heart, preferably in game 7 this time, on the road in Houston.:lol you're just straight up mean about harden. I absolutely hate harden also, but if I thought he was the type of player who would actually do the bolded part, I probably wouldn't hate him as much. His attitude in the playoffs was atrocious. Harden can never be the man on a championship team, and I hope Houston fans view Dwight as the main man.

Shep
06-05-2014, 07:07 AM
1st team guards should have been steph curry and john wall, second team guards should have been chris paul and james harden

Rubio2Gasol
06-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Two all.defensive team votes :roll:

Cocaine80s
06-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Harden was balling during he regular season.

hopefully he doesnt shit the bed in the playoffs again next year