PDA

View Full Version : Report: Celtics locked in on Aaron Gordon for 6th pick.

Cocaine80s
06-04-2014, 06:18 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24580312/report-celtics-locked-in-on-aaron-gordon-with-sixth-pick

I would take Randle over him if hes available but shit thats whats being reported

Levity
06-04-2014, 06:21 PM
pretty interesting. so most likely one of smart, exum or randle could go 7th, depending on who utah takes. But ive heard talks that they like vonleh (utah). Its gonna be a fun few weeks leading up to the draft.

outbreak
06-04-2014, 06:29 PM
pretty interesting. so most likely one of smart, exum or randle could go 7th, depending on who utah takes. But ive heard talks that they like vonleh (utah). Its gonna be a fun few weeks leading up to the draft.

Exum will be gone at 4 or 5 and perhaps even higher if 76ers make a move to the top 3 like rumoured. I don't see Vonleh dropping out of the top 5 or 6.

If the celtics are planning to stick with Rondo I think Gordon pairs up better than Randle does with Rondo's type of game style. Plus we don't know how he interviewed with the team, celtics may have really like his personality and work ethics.

Other than that I think Randles the better overall player.

ballup
06-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Is this another draft crush Danny Ainge gets every couple of years or is it that risky drafty intuition?

hawksdogsbraves
06-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Sounds like a smokescreen to me.

sundizz
06-04-2014, 07:37 PM
People on here vastly underrate Aaron Gordon. He will be a damn good NBA player imo.

gts
06-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Sounds like a smokescreen to me.Yeah it could be legit but teams with lower draft picks don't usually advertise what they're thinking... This is the type of thing a team leaks out because they have a bigger motive

Genaro
06-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Does Celtics need another small PF? They have Sullinger already

EricGordon23
06-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Could work well with rondo dudes got blake griffin athleticism

DStebb716
06-04-2014, 09:10 PM
The top will be really interesting. If this is true then it could be something like:

1. CLE - Embiid
2. MIL - Wiggins
3. PHI - Parker
4. ORL - Exum
5. UTA - Vonleh
6. BOS - Gordon
7. LAL - Smart
8. SAC - Randle

Carter_17
06-04-2014, 09:14 PM
The top will be really interesting. If this is true then it could be something like:

1. CLE - Embiid
2. MIL - Wiggins
3. PHI - Parker
4. ORL - Exum
5. UTA - Vonleh
6. BOS - Gordon
7. LAL - Smart
8. SAC - Randle

LA will not go for smart. They are not that stupid. Smart and Randle should be late first round at best and gordon mid 1st round. Lakers will get Lavigne if not Exum/Embid

ortonsaw
06-04-2014, 09:17 PM

1. CLE - Embiid
2. MIL - Wiggins
3. PHI - Parker
4. ORL - Exum
5. UTA - Vonleh
6. BOS - Gordon
7. LAL - Smart
8. SAC - Randle

lakers will draft randle over smart...

turnaroundJ
06-04-2014, 09:19 PM
Have you guys seen the draft combine athleticism stats? It's guards everywhere them bam Aaron Gordon - PF.

Nastradamus
06-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Randle is so similar to the PFs they have now in Sullinger and Olynyk. They have no defense or athleticism on that front line. Gordon is perfect.

roffie
06-04-2014, 09:30 PM
so gay how mil and cles got the first two picks. fk me

hangintheair
06-04-2014, 09:42 PM
LA will not go for smart. They are not that stupid. Smart and Randle should be late first round at best and gordon mid 1st round. Lakers will get Lavigne if not Exum/Embid

LOL What??

DStebb716
06-04-2014, 09:52 PM
lakers will draft randle over smart...

That'd be a mistake, in my opinion.

DStebb716
06-04-2014, 09:53 PM

Yea, you could probably join the 21st century and use a different term as an insult. :facepalm

outbreak
06-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Yea, you could probably join the 21st century and use a different term as an insult. :facepalm
well he also asked a forum that is largely male (are there any girls here?) to **** him as well so maybe he is homosexual?

Milbuck
06-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Yeah, what a ****ing travesty it is that the team with the worst record got a top 3 pick. Just unacceptable.

hawksdogsbraves
06-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Add Gordon to that Sully-Olynyk frontcourt and you go from the most mediocre frontcourt of the modern era to the most mediocre frontcourt of all time. That's a frontcourt that can have Rondo and another star wing and still never get higher than a 6 seed.

Make it happen Ainge :rockon:

poido123
06-04-2014, 10:24 PM
Yeah, what a ****ing travesty it is that the team with the worst record got a top 3 pick. Just unacceptable.

:oldlol:

Milbuck the sole voice of the Bucks fans :pimp:

Don't let them get you down, Bucks will be decent soon enough.

HOoopCityJones
06-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Lakers will end up with Vonleh or Smart.

I don't see Randle or Gordon falling that far.

outbreak
06-04-2014, 10:30 PM

Bucks is fine but it's shitty that the cavs got their pick considering they were going for the play offs and have had many chances in the last few years.

ralph_i_el
06-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Add Gordon to that Sully-Olynyk frontcourt and you go from the most mediocre frontcourt of the modern era to the most mediocre frontcourt of all time. That's a frontcourt that can have Rondo and another star wing and still never get higher than a 6 seed.

Make it happen Ainge :rockon:

I don't think that word means what you think it means

Levity
06-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Lakers will end up with Vonleh or Smart.

I don't see Randle or Gordon falling that far.

Who do you see taking randle? Supposedly, utah is very high on vonleh, and if this report about gordon being coveted by boston rings true, randle will no doubt go 7 and possibly even later depending on what the lakers plans are (i think theyll try and grab smart if hes still there, which seems likely)

hawksdogsbraves
06-05-2014, 12:35 AM
I don't think that word means what you think it means

Mediocre? What word would you use to describe the mighty Sullinger/Olynyk front court that carried the Celtics to 25 wins? I could have said 'god-awful' or 'horrific', but I think that because they're still relatively young they'll end up becoming mediocre in a year or two.

East_Stone_Ya
06-05-2014, 04:55 AM
if true then what will happen to Green?

BoutPractice
06-05-2014, 06:49 AM
I like him. I think he can be a fantastic utility player in the Marion mold. A tall, athletic guy with high IQ and effort level who can defend, rebound, pass, and finish in transition is always going to be valuable in the league.

At 6th they're probably not going to get a franchise changing superstar so they might as well get a potential franchise changing role player who could also develop into a legitimate second option down the line.

The problem is, I don't think they can get a star via trade without giving up that pick.

East_Stone_Ya
06-05-2014, 07:08 AM
It all depends if we are still pushing for Love, because Green wil be the main trade piece for him. If we do keep green I can see him starting at SF, then gordon and sully at pf, and olynyk at c. It will be interesting how brad steevns rotates the lineup

i don't think gordon is strong enough for the PF spot

Real Men Wear Green
06-05-2014, 07:18 AM
1: You can't be "locked in" to anyone if five teams are drafting ahead of you.

2: The team is obviously after Kevin Love and it's unlikely Minnie lets the Cs have him without getting the pick in the deal.

Thorpesaurous
06-05-2014, 07:27 AM
I'm really not fond of Gordon's game. He's fun to watch, and can find a place in the league just on athleticism and effort. But he just doesn't have the ball skills to play SF, and not quite the size to play PF. I'd take both Randle and Vonleh over him, and I still like Randle better than Vonleh.

I posted a giant mock draft of my own in the draft forum for anyone interested.

fatboy11
06-05-2014, 10:16 AM
I wonder when you guys will learn that no team is "locked in on" any player 20+ days away from the draft unless it's the team picking #1 and there's a LeBron/Duncan/Shaq-type player.

Ainge doesn't even want that pick. He wants to trade it.

hawksdogsbraves
06-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Still think this is a smokescreen, still think Ainge wants Love.