PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brooks, Kendrick Perkins to return to OKC

russwest0
06-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Sam Presti just said it in a radio interview he had in OKC. If I find a link of it I will post it. I'm also sure some have said it on twitter.

Anyways, Sam Presti is ****ing up big time here. Expect the same playoff results next year for OKC. A potential first or second round exit, and if bailed out by talent alone in those rounds then a WCF exit.

Edit: twitter sources confirming this

@anthonyVslater
Sam Presti said using the amnesty on Kendrick Perkins has 'not been considered' at this point.

@anthonyVslater
Sounds like it's been decided: Scott Brooks will be back with the Thunder.

J Shuttlesworth
06-05-2014, 04:13 PM
:applause: :applause:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFTebwyqnto

What's the word on Brooks?

Rocketswin2013
06-05-2014, 04:13 PM
The most conservative franchise I've ever seen.

Lebronxrings
06-05-2014, 04:14 PM
:roll: can't wait for the meltdowns next year.

navy
06-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Sounds like he believes in Durant and Westbrook to get it done. Big mistake.

imnew09
06-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Scott Brooks should not return.

russwest0
06-05-2014, 04:18 PM
He also said that he has "no plans to trade Reggie Jackson" which many thought was a strong possibility after Reggie in his exit interview was being vocal about wanting to be a starter and run the show.

And for those who truly care this much, it appears OKC isn't bringing over dominant Euroleague prospect Tibor Pleiss this year either.

Basically a whole lot of bad news for OKC fans.

russwest0
06-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Scott Brooks should not return.

Right?

Dude had Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Jackson, Adams, Lamb, Jones, Collison, etc, this year in the playoffs, all with plenty of continuity playing together and OKC still only went 10-9 in the postseason and got outscored overall.

We might as well fast forward to next year when iso ball gets OKC eliminated again, only difference is Durant will only have 1 more year on his contract.

dubeta
06-05-2014, 04:22 PM
No excuses.....

Fudge
06-05-2014, 04:23 PM
:oldlol:

I'm not even surprised.

**** Sam Presti and the FO.

navy
06-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Give Brooks a chance doe. Might incorporate some real offense this season.

NumberSix
No excuses.

russwest0
some twitter quotes from a guy who works for the Oklahoman

@anthonyVslater
Sam Presti said using the amnesty on Kendrick Perkins has 'not been considered' at this point.

@anthonyVslater
Sounds like it's been decided: Scott Brooks will be back with the Thunder.

russwest0
06-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Give Brooks a chance doe. Might incorporate some real offense this season.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Been hearing this same shit for years. Even heard like 3 years ago rumors that OKC was starting to learn a zone defense, something we still have never seen once to this day, so that was obvious bullshit.

scm5
He also said that he has "no plans to trade Reggie Jackson" which many thought was a strong possibility after Reggie in his exit interview was being vocal about wanting to be a starter and run the show.

And for those who truly care this much, it appears OKC isn't bringing over dominant Euroleague prospect Tibor Pleiss this year either.

Basically a whole lot of bad news for OKC fans.

Well, it wouldn't be out of the question for Jackson to start at PG and Westbrook to start at SG.

Keeping Brooks is a huge mistake though. Perkins as well, but there's not much they can do about him. No teams want him and in all likelihood, he'll be coming off the bench for Adams sometime during next season. Silverback no more.

Kblaze8855
I didnt think he was even close to being fired. just angry internet fan talk I assumed.

Was there even really a chance?

navy
06-05-2014, 04:31 PM
I didnt think he was even close to being fired. just angry internet fan talk I assumed.

Nope. :oldlol:

russwest0
06-05-2014, 04:35 PM
I don't know, I was holding out hope that Presti had expectations to at worst make the Finals and that he wouldn't be happy about nearly getting eliminated in the first round.

The idea is that even with an average coach this team could win it all. We just want a guy who isn't going to be abused by opposing coaches in the playoffs the same way Mike Brown was in Cleveland.

Go back and watch the Spurs/Thunder game 6. It's a miracle that OKC even took it to overtime. Brooks played Perkins and Fisher like 35 minutes each and towards the end of the game went small and employed a "switch everything" defense giving Boris Diaw and Tim Duncan easy basket after basket after basket. It made no ****ing sense to ask Derek Fisher, Reggie Jackson, and Russell Westbrook to guard Tim Duncan.

Why the dude didn't just go small with Ibaka at the 5 and Perry Jones at the 4? I guess we'll never know. He's a colossal jackass.

Heatles201
06-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Next season has yet to start for the OKC thunder and their fans already making up excuses... This exposes them as weak fans, some KD only stans smfh

Heatles201
06-05-2014, 04:37 PM
#thunderup

R.I.P.
06-05-2014, 04:40 PM
Mirror, Mirror on the wall, show me where Durant will sign in the 2016 fall

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/ussport/nba/dallas-mavericks/1105/Bilder/kevin-durant-dirk-nowitzki-514.jpg

It

Heatles201
06-05-2014, 04:42 PM
They'll still be a threat. Jackson and Adams will likely improve and so will Lamb. Still a better future than most franchises.

According to some OKC fans that trade was a steal for OKC " Adams/lamb/kmart" for Harden so #noexcuses

russwest0
06-05-2014, 04:44 PM
According to some OKC fans that trade was a steal for OKC " Adams/lamb/kmart" for Harden so #noexcuses

yes and Adams should have been starting from day one and Lamb shouldn't have gotten replaced in the rotation by scrubby Caron ****ing Butler

Natureland
06-05-2014, 04:48 PM
OKC was never going to pay two coaches.

Fisher, Butler, and maybe even Thabo will be gone next year. He'll have no real choice but to let young guys develop. Maybe Presti will surprise with something great this off-season.

morbius
06-05-2014, 05:41 PM
I can somewhat understand wanting to keep Brooks, Presti is nervous not to upset the team chemistry.

But why, why, WHY keep Perkins? I can understand them keeping him this year, but there is no reason to keep him the next one as well. The guy gives them nothing. His contract is entering the final year, somebody is bound to pick it up to use as cap relief or salary equalizer in a trade. And even if no one will bite on a trade, they can always amnesty him. After getting rid of him and Sefolosha, OKC would have almost 10 million to spend this summer! You can get an awesome player for 10 million!

If they screw this up, management should be shot. They had a dynasty on their hands and screwed it up by being cheap.

russwest0
06-05-2014, 05:52 PM
I can somewhat understand wanting to keep Brooks, Presti is nervous not to upset the team chemistry.

But why, why, WHY keep Perkins? I can understand them keeping him this year, but there is no reason to keep him the next one as well. The guy gives them nothing. His contract is entering the final year, somebody is bound to pick it up to use as cap relief or salary equalizer in a trade. And even if no one will bite on a trade, they can always amnesty him. After getting rid of him and Sefolosha, OKC would have almost 10 million to spend this summer! You can get an awesome player for 10 million!

If they screw this up, management should be shot. They had a dynasty on their hands and screwed it up by being cheap.

yeah, not amnestying perk makes literally zero sense.

they could get one hell of a two guard along with one or two solid bench players with the cap space they'd have after amnestying perk.

it's clear at this point they are either just being cheap or presti really, really, doesn't want to admit his mistake with perkins.

Haymaker
06-05-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm not saying they should blow it up, but you need to tweak the roster constantly until you find a formula that works. I would understand it if OKC went to the finals and had a competitive series but even the Spurs made some minor changes after last season. Brooks is not guilty but it's possible that there's a better fit out there.

Unbiased_one
06-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Sam Presti just said it in a radio interview he had in OKC. If I find a link of it I will post it. I'm also sure some have said it on twitter.

Anyways, Sam Presti is ****ing up big time here. Expect the same playoff results next year for OKC. A potential first or second round exit, and if bailed out by talent alone in those rounds then a WCF exit.

Edit: twitter sources confirming this

OKC are dropped from my list of contenders for next year.

Haymaker
06-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Also I hate Presti's attitude towards Durant/Westbrook. He's way too relax as if both of them were not capable of leaving the team. If it were Cuban, I'd bet he would be over the cap signing great talent to surround them.

Graviton
06-05-2014, 06:57 PM
I said the same thing last year when Martin left for nothing. But what do you know, they're a freak injury away from the finals in a stacked conference.

They have two first round picks in a super deep draft and a roster full of players who can get better except KD, and maybe Ibaka? Barring any injuries, that roster will likely win 60 or more games.
OKC have won 60 games and dominated the regular season already. That's irrelevant. Their goal now is to utilize their star players to their maximum ability and surround them with enough talent to win a championship. And neither Brooks nor Presti seem to be concerned with that. They think Westbrook/Reggie/Durant/Ibaka/Perkins with a nonexistent bench is enough. :roll:

I bet Presti has the same mindset as Brooks, that all they need to win a championship is to "JUST PLAY HARD GUYS!", "GET STOPS!", "WE NEED MORE ENERGY!". They don't quite understand what it takes to win it all, Pat Riley sure as hell does though, and so does Pop. You can't beat elite teams in the playoffs with ISO ball and scrubs like Perkins, Thabo, Butler, Fisher. No matter how good Westbrook/Durant are. You need a system in place along with consistent and clutch role players.

Just look at Dallas, Miami and Spurs. They all had/have an identity, a system to rely on in crunch time. They also had clutch role players like Allen, Battier, Miller, Chalmers, Birdman, Terry, Barea, Marion, Diaw, Green, Neal, Corey ****in Joseph step up to win them games. All OKC ever had is Reggie Jackson step up in 1 game vs Memphis. That's about it, rest of the way it was all Westbrook/Durant playing 40+ minutes and burning themselves out. Can't win a ring 2vs5.

Milbuck
06-05-2014, 07:30 PM
If Adams doesn't start next season, and if Lamb and PJ3 don't get more minutes, Brooks is a legit retard. I don't understand how anyone can be that stupid.

Graviton
06-05-2014, 07:32 PM
If Adams doesn't start next season, and if Lamb and PJ3 don't get more minutes, Brooks is a legit retard. I don't understand how anyone can be that stupid.
If I see Perkins starting again Ima just stop watching OKC games altogether. **** that silverback.

Cocaine80s
06-05-2014, 07:40 PM
the future does not look bright for this hick town :roll:

hawkfan
06-05-2014, 07:47 PM
The Thunder need a big they can sign on the cheap who can score inside.

Drew Gooden this year would have been a good pickup. If he could have given them 2 games in a 7 game series with 8-11 points, then that would have been enough.

Gooden probably will re-up with Washington.
Maybe they can find someone else like that.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-05-2014, 07:49 PM

Nope. In fact I don't think he gets canned after this upcoming year either (even if they don't win it all).

All Net
06-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Can’t believe what I have read here. Yeah Perkins sucks and Brooks is there weak link but fact still remains the Heat and Spurs will even older next year and giving OKC average age is 25 years old they should be one of the favourites and expected to win starting next year.

They just need a good shooter via free agency to make things easier. Lets not forget losing Ibaka for first two games against Spurs killed them.

Kiddlovesnets
06-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Here goes another season for OKC Thunder, I wonder how many more they can wait.

AlphaWolf24
06-06-2014, 03:03 PM
Nope. :oldlol:

If they fail to win it all next season......

I think it will be close...

R.I.P.
06-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Also I hate Presti's attitude towards Durant/Westbrook. He's way too relax as if both of them were not capable of leaving the team. If it were Cuban, I'd bet he would be over the cap signing great talent to surround them.

The West is not getting easier. Clippers, Warriors, Rockets, Blazers are all young teams on the up. Mavs and Suns have over 30 million in capspace. Lakers are the Lakers. We haven

Lebronxrings
06-06-2014, 03:53 PM
soooo any predictions where Durant goes 2016?

All Net
06-06-2014, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]The West is not getting easier. Clippers, Warriors, Rockets, Blazers are all young teams on the up. Mavs and Suns have over 30 million in capspace. Lakers are the Lakers. We haven