PDA

View Full Version : Isiah Thomas: "Michael Jordan couldnt have played through those cramps".

Cocaine80s
06-06-2014, 03:41 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/isiah-thomas--assist-to-lebron---michael-jordan-couldn-t-have-played-with-those-cramps-071514640.html

"There is no athlete on the planet who could've played through those cramps," Thomas told Yahoo Sports. "Michael Jordan absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. I absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. As an athlete, there's nothing you could do."

:applause: :applause:

Skyscraper
06-06-2014, 03:43 AM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/3/36845/1250176-haters_gonna_hate.jpg

atljonesbro
06-06-2014, 03:44 AM
LeBron haters devestated to hear this from Isiah :applause:

GimmeThat
06-06-2014, 03:47 AM
Okay Paul Pierce

:durantunimpressed:

zoom17
06-06-2014, 03:48 AM
This is imporant coming from him:applause:

RedBlackAttack
06-06-2014, 03:52 AM
Anyone who questions James' physical toughness need only look at the sheer numbers to see they're barking up the wrong tree. The guy has been playing 75+ regular season games plus long playoff runs on 40+ minutes a night for a decade.

I think it's fair to assume if he could have continued, he would have continued. Don't let your dislike of the guy cloud your reasoning. He has been an ironman in the NBA.

buddha
06-06-2014, 03:57 AM
lol, I'm a Bran hater but his cramp was serious but it could have been avoided if he got an IV during the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Cocaine80s
06-06-2014, 04:17 AM
Okay Paul Pierce

:durantunimpressed:
:coleman:

iamgine
06-06-2014, 04:56 AM
He did play with the cramp...until he couldn't anymore.

Kvnzhangyay
06-06-2014, 04:58 AM
Well isnt this no shit to everyone that's had a cramp b4

senelcoolidge
06-06-2014, 05:17 AM
He could play with a fever that would make a normal man bed ridden and still take over but he could not play through cramps. Sure, but am sure MJ having played in the 80's would have been more prepared.

Cocaine80s
06-06-2014, 05:18 AM
He could play with a fever that would make a normal man bed ridden and still take over but he could not play through cramps. Sure, but am sure MJ having played in the 80's would have been more prepared.
what does playing in the 80s have to do with cramps?

were camps not as strong back then? :facepalm

Sorry to break it to you but MJ isnt superman :oldlol:

senelcoolidge
06-06-2014, 05:20 AM
what does playing in the 80s have to do with cramps?

were camps not as strong back then? :facepalm

Sorry to break it to you but MJ isnt superman :oldlol:

I mentioned the 80's because you had places like the Boston Garden that had no AC. Do you think it was comfortable?

KnicksWolves
06-06-2014, 05:21 AM
Strong cramps really being underestimated here. Almost cringe worthy the amount of people who are raggin' on LeBron for being affected by the cramps. It's hard to even walk after one, let alone keep playing ball.

Cocaine80s
06-06-2014, 05:22 AM
I mentioned the 80's because you had places like the Boston Garden that had no AC. Do you think it was comfortable?
im sure Boston was as hot as San Antonio :facepalm

SHAQisGOAT
06-06-2014, 05:22 AM
Nobody really knows how serious it was but Lebron, and ofc there are players "tougher" than others but in my mind I can't believe Bron just checked himself out if it wasn't a really reason for it. Within his limitations he most likely just couldn't play anymore, plus when you can't "walk off" the cramps and they're really intense you're screwed.
He did put on too much theatrics for my liking, like he had to show the world he couldn't really play, be a man about your business and don't act like a bitch. And ofc Bron's stans are gonna get joked about it, just how it goes, and stay salty, calm the **** down.
Another thing that "gets me" is that the cramps only happen in big games for him, or at least when he expresses it....

senelcoolidge
06-06-2014, 05:29 AM
Cramps are horrible. I used to play outdoors in 90+ plus degree weather with swamp like humidity. Your shirt is drenched in perspiration in minutes. I've cramped up and you just try to walk it off. Lebron is a world class athlete. He's had these cramp issues in the past. But I think he just made him self look so bad. He could have handled it so much better. I can't see true alpha's ( I can't believe I just used that term) doing what he did.

9erempiree
06-06-2014, 05:33 AM
I use to play in 100 degree whether and we would win multiple games and drank beers.

Nobody carried me out to my car.

Cocaine80s
06-06-2014, 05:34 AM
I use to play in 100 degree whether and we would win multiple games and drank beers.

thats because you played alone in the corner practicing fadeaways.

chris02jammers
06-06-2014, 05:36 AM
well said from a Legend

Skyscraper
06-06-2014, 05:45 AM

Half court
No defense
Outdoors still has better ventilation than an AC less AT&T center

This is stupid. This is like you saying you could beat Jason Collins one on one just because he is a useless NBA player during his career. GTFO poser

(btw I want the Heat to lose, but the sheer stupidity on this forum... not much stupider than fast food workers wanting $15 an hour.. stay salty like the fries)

bdreason
06-06-2014, 06:01 AM
I only question his preparation for the game. This is 2nd time LeBron has had to leave a playoff game for leg cramps. Perhaps he isn't physically preparing himself for the game properly.

9erempiree
06-06-2014, 06:07 AM
Also, in regards to the OP.....no shat Captain Obvious.

MJ can't play with cramps. This is a man that took a 2 year vacation to rest his body and mind.

He was standing out there in the grass tanning.

Cocaine80s
06-06-2014, 06:27 AM
Also, in regards to the OP.....no shat Captain Obvious.

MJ can't play with cramps. This is a man that took a 2 year vacation to rest his body and mind.

He was standing out there in the grass tanning.
why do you worship the poverty version of MJ then?

Uncle Drew
06-06-2014, 06:30 AM

whether

PickernRoller
06-06-2014, 06:42 AM
Never played Kobe to witness alpha gene and pain retention. Bully had fun smacking young MJ. Got his @ss served and couldn't do sh1t ever since.

Salty. Both the GOAT and GOAT heir could play through cramps.

hahaitme
06-06-2014, 06:52 AM

Which should be everyone. I mean who hasn't had a cramp by the time they were 12 lol

dilley
06-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Never played Kobe to witness alpha gene and pain retention. Bully had fun smacking young MJ. Got his @ss served and couldn't do sh1t ever since.

Salty. Both the GOAT and GOAT heir could play through cramps.
:biggums: Come again?

NBASTATMAN
06-06-2014, 08:20 AM
lol, I'm a Bran hater but his cramp was serious but it could have been avoided if he got an IV during the 3rd and 4th quarter.

THEY could have filled him up with Gatorade and the cramps would have diminished... 80'S AND 90'S ATHLETES>>>>>>>>>2000-2014 ATHLETES

Bernkastel
06-06-2014, 08:22 AM
Did the Spurs decline to give Bron a wheelchair?

edrick
06-06-2014, 08:22 AM

Yep.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Nobody really knows how serious it was but Lebron, and ofc there are players "tougher" than others but in my mind I can't believe Bron just checked himself out if it wasn't a really reason for it. Within his limitations he most likely just couldn't play anymore, plus when you can't "walk off" the cramps and they're really intense you're screwed.
He did put on too much theatrics for my liking, like he had to show the world he couldn't really play, be a man about your business and don't act like a bitch. And ofc Bron's stans are gonna get joked about it, just how it goes, and stay salty, calm the **** down.
Another thing that "gets me" is that the cramps only happen in big games for him, or at least when he expresses it....

Like in Game 6 ('12) against Boston? Game 1 ('13) against the Pacers? Games 6 and 7 ('13) against the Spurs? Did he also "fake" (or "express") it against the Celtics in '10, Magic in '09, Mavs in '11, Spurs in '07, etc.? Those were all pretty big games as well, right? I didn't know that LeBron was never supposed to get injured.

You are one sad pathetic hater. Go back to think that Bird is better than LeBron (LOL!) or overrating the players from the '80's. Idiot.

Legends66NBA7
06-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Isiah Thomas's word on relating anything about Michael Jordan should be taken with a grain of salt. This is the same guy who apparently orchestrated a freeze out against Jordan during 85 all-star game. The rivals his Pistons team had against the Bulls are legendary throughout the course of NBA history and there was obvious bad blood there, along with Thomas getting snubbed for the 92 Olympics.

Thomas decides to cop himself out by saying he couldn't play through it, even though he's the same guy who played on incredibly bad ankle in game 5 of the 88 Finals. That situation is pretty similar to James's cramp game. Now obviously, if it's serious cramp, you can't play and I understand. I know this because I've had bad cramps before and I defended James's situation last night since he's a bigger guy and he probably couldn't move well.

But really, I can't help to think this is obvious agenda on Thomas's part. Just like John Salley had agenda on Jordan in the recent years as well, but that's another story. Whatever, though. I just don't take his evaluation on basketball games/talent all that serious (Raptors/Knicks GM tenure for example). Why did be pick Jordan's name ? He could have picked anyone but he picked him ?

jlip
06-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Other athletes tweet about playing with cramps:

Chris Long ✔ @JOEL9ONE
Follow

Cramps are real. We had a guy with full body cramps ask to "call the police." Not the ambulance. The police.
10:37 PM - 5 Jun 2014

Donte' Stallworth ✔ @DonteStallworth
Follow

ANY person seriously saying Lebron should have played through full leg cramps bc Jordan played with flu has NEVER been an athlete EVER....
10:56 PM - 5 Jun 2014

Dominique Wilkins ✔ @DWilkins21
Follow

Cramps are absolutely the worst to contend with.
10:34 PM - 5 Jun 2014

Geoff Schwartz ✔ @geoffschwartz
Follow

Playing thru a flu, and having full body cramps aren't the same. You can't move w/full body cramps.
6:25 AM - 6 Jun 2014

Marcellus Wiley ✔ @marcelluswiley
Follow

I played w/a broken toe b4, but couldn't even stand up w/cramps. Lebron's at a disadvantage in heat because of his level of lean muscle mass
11:36 PM - 5 Jun 2014
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/6/6/5785486/lebron-james-cramps-nba-finals

Jailblazers7
06-06-2014, 09:07 AM
I only question his preparation for the game. This is 2nd time LeBron has had to leave a playoff game for leg cramps. Perhaps he isn't physically preparing himself for the game properly.

Doesn't seem to be the case:

There was a time when James used to carry around a gallon jug of water during the postseason, sipping from it throughout the day.

"Playoff sweat is different from regular-season sweat," he said back in 2011 when he was using that method.

James said he made sure to proceed with his normal routine to store up fluids leading up to the game. When the temperatures reached near 90 degrees on the court in the second half, he reached a critical mass.

As soon as he felt the humidity gathering in the building in the first half, James knew he was in trouble. He tried to load up on fluids at halftime, and there was a bag filled with lids from various drinks next to his locker after the game that provided the evidence. He changed his uniform, and the team's trainers applied ice to his head and neck to attempt to cool down his core.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11040631/nba-playoffs-lebron-james-hampered-cramps-sweltering-san-antonio

SHAQisGOAT
06-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Like in Game 6 ('12) against Boston? Game 1 ('13) against the Pacers? Games 6 and 7 ('13) against the Spurs? Did he also "fake" (or "express") it against the Celtics in '10, Magic in '09, Mavs in '11, Spurs in '07, etc.? Those were all pretty big games as well, right? I didn't know that LeBron was never supposed to get injured.

You are one sad pathetic hater. Go back to think that Bird is better than LeBron (LOL!) or overrating the players from the '80's. Idiot.

:biggums:

Damn, you're salty af :lol

If antything my post was "defending" Lebron. Why you bring up all that? What a big overreaction :facepalm :facepalm Did I say he never had a great game in the Playoffs or something? All I said is that something similar happened before with him on a big game too. These ****ing stans, all psycho and shit :rolleyes: :oldlol:

Oooh big LOL :facepalm Again, everyone who knows their stuff (clearly not you) will tell you that Bird's peak/prime > LeBron's peak/prime, even though it's very close. Yea I'm always overrating players :rolleyes:
Go back to sucking Lebron's ****. Ignorant tool.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 09:24 AM

Damn, you're salty af :lol

If antything my post was "defending" Lebron. Why you bring up all that? What a big overreaction :facepalm :facepalm Did I say he never had a great game in the Playoffs or something? All I said is that something similar happened before with him on a big game too. These ****ing stans, all psycho and shit :rolleyes: :oldlol:

Oooh big LOL :facepalm Again, everyone who knows their stuff (clearly not you) will tell you that Bird's peak/prime > LeBron's peak/prime, even though is close. Yea I'm always overrating players :rolleyes:
Go back to sucking Lebron's ****. Ignorant tool.

You're mad. :oldlol:

You should seriously stick to watching '80's games and overrating those players.

Didn't Bird have like 2 8 points games in the '81 Finals? What did he average 15 PPG? :oldlol:

28 points on 29 shots in an elimination game agains the Lakers.

18 points on 19 shots per game against the Sixers.

Lets also not forget that LeBron has 1,500 points and 100 assists more than Bird while playing 50 fewer games.

Since Bird is an ultimate clutch player and he was huge in the playoffs, he had 400 points less than LeBron while playing 10 games more.

So, yeah. LeBron at 29 > Larry Bird.

Go back to sucking '80's dick though.

navy
06-06-2014, 09:28 AM

You should seriously stick to watching '80's games and overrating those players.

Didn't Bird have like 2 8 points games in the '81 Finals? What did he average 15 PPG? :oldlol:

Lets also not forget that LeBron has 1,500 points and 100 assists more than Bird while playing 50 fewer games.

Since Bird is an ultimate clutch player and he was huge in the playoffs, he had 400 points less than LeBron while playing 10 games more.

:roll:

Real14
06-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Isiah iz getting paid to lie.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 09:31 AM

:roll:
That dude is annoying as ****. Seriously, read his previous posts. He would have you believe that a borderline All-Star from the '80's would be a top 5 player today.

edrick
06-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Isiah iz getting paid to lie.

Are all of the other athletes getting paid to lie as well?

Real14
06-06-2014, 09:38 AM
many are, believe it or not, plus Isiah basically was in tha damn finals with one damn leg man and scored over 20 helping his team win:facepalm that's worse than sum damn cramps:coleman:

jlip
06-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Isiah Thomas's word on relating anything about Michael Jordan should be taken with a grain of salt. This is the same guy who apparently orchestrated a freeze out against Jordan during 85 all-star game. The rivals his Pistons team had against the Bulls are legendary throughout the course of NBA history and there was obvious bad blood there, along with Thomas getting snubbed for the 92 Olympics.

Thomas decides to cop himself out by saying he couldn't play through it, even though he's the same guy who played on incredibly bad ankle in game 5 of the 88 Finals. That situation is pretty similar to James's cramp game. Now obviously, if it's serious cramp, you can't play and I understand. I know this because I've had bad cramps before and I defended James's situation last night since he's a bigger guy and he probably couldn't move well.

But really, I can't help to think this is obvious agenda on Thomas's part. Just like John Salley had agenda on Jordan in the recent years as well, but that's another story. Whatever, though. I just don't take his evaluation on basketball games/talent all that serious (Raptors/Knicks GM tenure for example). Why did be pick Jordan's name ? He could have picked anyone but he picked him ?

I don't view Isiah's comments as necessarily reflective of any inherent anti- MJ bias. They were a response to the barrage of reflexive criticism against Lebron which often stated some variation of "Lebron will never be MJ. MJ would never have 'wimped' out during a finals game. He played with the flu." That type of reply was all over social media and even this board last night. It seems as if Isiah only mentioned MJ in response to that.

Legends66NBA7
06-06-2014, 09:45 AM

Probably not, but I don't trust Isiah's word on anything related to Jordan. He has agenda regarded to anything about Jordan and his Bulls teammates/team.

I don't view Isiah's comments as necessarily reflective of any inherent anti- MJ bias. They were a response to the barrage of reflexive criticism against Lebron which often stated some variation of "Lebron will never be MJ. MJ would never have 'wimped' out during a finals game. He played with the flu." That type of reply was all over social media and even this board last night. It seems as if Isiah only mentioned MJ in response to that.

If it's in the context of that, I can agree with that. It just seemsthat Isiah isn't a guy you would really trust about a comment like that. I will say this, it is pretty humbling from himself that he wasn't trying to boast about playing on that ankle in the 88 Finals.

edrick
06-06-2014, 09:45 AM
many are, believe it or not, plus Isiah basically was in tha damn finals with one damn leg man and scored over 20 helping his team win:facepalm that's worse than sum damn cramps:coleman:

I bet you believe you this. Conspiracy theorists. lol

And, no, if the entire leg is cramping, that is worse. Lebron wouldn't be able to guard anyone, he would have been a liability.

UK2K
06-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Patrick BeverD played with a torn meniscus and a 103 degree fever in the playoffs...

He'd play through the cramps.

HoopsFanNumero1
06-06-2014, 09:48 AM
I don't understand how this is even a discussion. How would ANYONE have played when they couldn't move their legs? I know these Lebron haters are petty, but this is just :facepalm

Real14
I bet you believe you this. Conspiracy theorists. lol

And, no, if the entire leg is cramping, that is worse.
you will be surprised these days bro, very surprised:facepalm

HoopsFanNumero1
Patrick BeverD played with a torn meniscus and a 103 degree fever in the playoffs...

Another moron :facepalm

Real14
06-06-2014, 09:49 AM

END THREAD.:applause:

dreamwarrior
06-06-2014, 10:00 AM
I don't care if he couldn't move his leg. He should've stood at the corner and waited for an opportunity for a 3. I would've respected him if he did that. But he didn't even try.

Legends66NBA7
06-06-2014, 10:00 AM
I don't care if he couldn't move his leg. He should've stood at the corner and waited for an opportunity for a 3. I would've respected him if he did that. But he didn't even try.

Didn't try what ? Coming back to the game ?

aj1987
06-06-2014, 10:02 AM
And let the best offensive team in the league play 5 vs 4 on the other end? :cheers:

stallionaire
06-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Playing with a 103 flu is EASIER than playing with a cramp.

A cramp in your leg means you cannot WALK.

what don't you idiots get? Bunch of keyboard warriors who are fat as **** who have never gotten a serious cramp.

I got a cramp once while doing sprints and I thought someone blew my leg off with a shotgun. Trying to walk with it was excruciating. I had to sit down with it and have my friend get me a foam roller.

Shut up you fat ****s, you know nothing.

sd3035
06-06-2014, 10:08 AM
MJ probably wouldn't have been dumb enough to forgo drinking water in such a situation

dreamwarrior
06-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Playing with a 103 flu is EASIER than playing with a cramp.

A cramp in your leg means you cannot WALK.

what don't you idiots get? Bunch of keyboard warriors who are fat as **** who have never gotten a serious cramp.

I got a cramp once while doing sprints and I thought someone blew my leg off with a shotgun. Trying to walk with it was excruciating. I had to sit down with it and have my friend get me a foam roller.

Shut up you fat ****s, you know nothing.
He had one good leg.

D-Rose
06-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Anyone who questions James' physical toughness need only look at the sheer numbers to see they're barking up the wrong tree. The guy has been playing 75+ regular season games plus long playoff runs on 40+ minutes a night for a decade.

I think it's fair to assume if he could have continued, he would have continued. Don't let your dislike of the guy cloud your reasoning. He has been an ironman in the NBA.
Voice of reason here :applause:

DonDadda59
06-06-2014, 10:47 AM
im sure Boston was as hot as San Antonio :facepalm

AT&T Arena last night: 88 degrees
Boston Garden 1984 Finals Game 5: 98 Degrees (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHsmmGo-yFc)

Bird had 34 pts (15-20 shooting) and 17 Rbs.

And let's not forget that Bron originally asked to be taken out the game because SA was 'tryna smoke em out'. :oldlol:

9erempiree
06-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Boston Garden 1984 Finals Game 5: 98 Degrees (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHsmmGo-yFc)

And let's not forget that Bron originally asked to be taken out the game because SA was 'tryna smoke em out'. :oldlol:

Smoking was allowed too and he played through the 2nd hand smoke.

NumberSix
06-06-2014, 10:57 AM

Are people under the impression that a muscle cramp is just soreness?

edrick
06-06-2014, 10:59 AM

I honestly think that many of these people think it's just a pain tolerance issue.

Lebron's entire leg was cramping... that would be like playing with a damn cast on your leg. You're not moving around.

r15mohd
06-06-2014, 11:12 AM

on this board, you can definitely assume so...the amount of half-thought responses you see here, it's inevitable to believe that their nothing but sideline players who hide behind a computer screen

Meticode
06-06-2014, 12:23 PM

This. I think it's outlandish people are calling him out on it. If he can't play, he can't play. I did a statistical run up of James' game in his career. And he's played in and started 100% of all his career playoff games he could've possibly started in. And he's played in like 95%+ of all the possibly regular season games he could've played in. And majority of those games he didn't play in was towards the end of seasons when the team was giving him rest right before the playoffs. He's RARELY missed any games ever in his 10+ year career related to injury.

pauk
06-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Well yea... :confusedshrug: Where the cramp sits specifically that muscle locks up, it incapacitates that limb completely from functioning..... If it was just pain/soreness/injury or whatever you can still move/play through it, thats not the problem at all... but when you cant move, you CANT MOVE.... the only way you can continue playing during that is with your gamecontroller on NBA 2K14 or something....

Solefade
06-06-2014, 12:27 PM

Mike Wilbon after the game mentioned how people were comparing it to the Boston game, I'm paraphrasing it but he basically said "I was there at the Boston game and this isn't the same thing"

lilteapot
06-06-2014, 12:30 PM
thats because you played alone in the corner practicing fadeaways.
lmao :roll:

AlphaWolf24
06-06-2014, 12:34 PM
on this board, you can definitely assume so...the amount of half-thought responses you see here, it's inevitable to believe that their nothing but sideline players who hide behind a computer screen

What's even crazier is knowledgeable fans taking the Lebron trolling serious....:lol

The internetz.....you know some idiots are gonna make fun of everyone:confusedshrug:

can you imagine the hate that MJ haters would have given him back in the day for all his missteps.

HylianNightmare
06-06-2014, 12:36 PM
He did play with the cramp...until he couldn't anymore.
This

MavsSuperFan
06-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Anybody that has ever had cramps knows how bad they hurt. Sometimes it feels like your limb is about to break or your ribs are about to crack.

Still lebron was the only guy that got cramps, and lebron stans are trying to use it as an excuse, for losing or trying to invalidate the spurs win. That is wrong.

ralph_i_el
06-06-2014, 01:54 PM

no ac in boston =/ no ac in san antonio

Knoe Itawl
06-06-2014, 02:00 PM

Dada, you know you're my boy and all but your Bron hate just kills me. Don't be petty like these Kobestans whom we both despise. If the EXACT same thing had happened to Kobe, I wouldn't criticize him. You can't play when your leg cramps up, and that's just the bottom line.

Who cares who played in higher temperatures if it didn't affect them so that they cramped up? The only way that would matter is if Bron was fine physically but was just too hot and therefore requested to come out. He had severe cramping and couldn't go. Thus comparing the temperature there to that of the Garden, and what Bird did and all that is irrelevant.

I just find criticizing players for being physically unable to play to be ridiculous.

jzek
06-06-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm glad that Jordan is ALWAYS the center of comparison. Proves he is the GOAT.

Replay32
06-06-2014, 02:12 PM
I don't know if anyone mentioned this but I put a lot of the blame on Spo. He's so used to riding Lebron like he's superhuman. While pampering D-wade and everyone else in regards to minutes.

There was no AC, yet in the 2nd half Lebron played 17 straight minutes. He played the entire 3rd quarter and started the 4th. Why Spo didn't rest him to start the 4th was beyond dumb. When I saw he was starting the 4th I was like :wtf: Especially since he has a history of cramping.

No other player for both teams didn't play that many minutes straight and I'm surprised no of these talking heads have brought it up.

inclinerator
06-06-2014, 02:14 PM
I don't know if anyone mentioned this but I put a lot of the blame on Spo. He's so used to riding Lebron like he's superhuman. While pampering D-wade and everyone else in regards to minutes.

There was no AC, yet in the 2nd half Lebron played 17 straight minutes. He played the entire 3rd quarter and started the 4th. Why Spo didn't rest him to start the 4th was beyond dumb. When I saw he was starting the 4th I was like :wtf: Especially since he has a history of cramping.

No other player for both teams didn't play that many minutes straight and I'm surprised no of these talking heads have brought it up.
he did take a breather in the 3rd, i thought that's why he started in the 4th

OldSchoolBBall
06-06-2014, 02:23 PM
no ac in boston =/ no ac in san antonio

The east coast in mid-june can be just as hot as Texas. It was 98 degrees in the arena, compared to 88 in SA last night.

Replay32
06-06-2014, 02:24 PM
he did take a breather in the 3rd, i thought that's why he started in the 4th

Really? Then I stand corrected. I don't remember him being out. When did he sit?

inclinerator
06-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Really? Then I stand corrected. I don't remember him being out. When did he sit?
lik 7 minutes till the 4th minute mark

KevinNYC
06-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Yeah, it's quite clear that last night's game was nowhere near as hot as that game in Boston.

They had oxygen tanks on the bench that game.
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/NaybqnoY8RQ/hqdefault.jpg

Last night you saw people fanning themselves to keep cool. When it's really hot and humid, you don't do that, you just accept the heat.

PJR
06-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Isiah has never has an agenda when he speaks about current players, he's just keeps it real and objective. Always respect Zeke. Too bad he was such a horrible GM (though as a Heat fan, I througly enjoyed his tenure with the Knicks :lol )

Cocaine80s
06-06-2014, 06:58 PM
The east coast in mid-june can be just as hot as Texas. It was 98 degrees in the arena, compared to 88 in SA last night.
Doris Burke had a thermometer and said it was well over 90 degrees last night

NumberSix
06-06-2014, 07:09 PM
Doris Burke had a thermometer and said it was well over 90 degrees last night
She said the Heat bench area was 102

Rocketswin2013
06-06-2014, 07:12 PM

:applause: :roll:

ThePhantomCreep
06-06-2014, 07:22 PM
As much as I bash LeBron, I give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. In the moment, muscle cramps are every bit as debilitating as an actual injury. I get them from time to time (calves mostly) and it hurts just thinking about them.

Solefade
06-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Yeah, it's quite clear that last night's game was nowhere near as hot as that game in Boston.

Last night you saw people fanning themselves to keep cool. When it's really hot and humid, you don't do that, you just accept the heat.

Mike Wilbon after the game said himself that he was at that Boston game and the game last night was way hotter :confusedshrug:

Solefade
06-06-2014, 07:26 PM
She said the Heat bench area was 102

yup she corrected herself today and said it was 102 near the heat bench

D-Rose
06-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Rolan Lazenby'd MJ bio points out that MJ had a stomach cramp game in the 97 finals, Game 4. Asked to be taken out. By the time he got back in, Jazz were in control of the game. Point is, these guys are all human.

Also, there's a genetic component to cramping. LeBron has a history of this, in normal (a/c!) conditions as well. Might have something to do with the density of his muscles and how he moves for a guy that size.

Oh well. Haters will hate.

Dro
06-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Rolan Lazenby'd MJ bio points out that MJ had a stomach cramp game in the 97 finals, Game 4. Asked to be taken out. By the time he got back in, Jazz were in control of the game. Point is, these guys are all human.

Also, there's a genetic component to cramping. LeBron has a history of this, in normal (a/c!) conditions as well. Might have something to do with the density of his muscles and how he moves for a guy that size.

True.......

Bond007
06-07-2014, 12:23 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/isiah-thomas--assist-to-lebron---michael-jordan-couldn-t-have-played-with-those-cramps-071514640.html

"There is no athlete on the planet who could've played through those cramps," Thomas told Yahoo Sports. "Michael Jordan absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. I absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. As an athlete, there's nothing you could do."

then if you believe this then you must believe mj's other comments like:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- NBA legend Michael Jordan believes he could beat LeBron James in a one-on-one basketball game when he was in his prime.
He's not sure about Kobe Bryant.
In a video promoting the NBA 2K14 video game that was released Tuesday, Jordan said there's a long list of players he would've liked to have played one-on-one - Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Julius Erving, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Bryant and James, who dons the cover of this year's game.
LeBron: I'm not G.O.A.T., but I 'see the light'
"I don't think I would lose," Jordan said in the video, before smiling and adding, "Other than to Kobe Bryant because he steals all of my moves."
Responded James: "MJ said that?"
James was told of Jordan's comments after the Miami Heat completed their first training camp practice in the Bahamas on Tuesday, and said that the buzz would serve as good promotion for the game.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20131001/michael-jordan-lebron-james-one-on-one-kobe-bryant.ap/#ixzz33vLA59pw

DonDadda59
06-07-2014, 12:37 AM

I'm confused... So Jordan had cramps, went back in the game and... played through it? :confusedshrug:

Cocaine80s
06-07-2014, 12:39 AM
then if you believe this then you must believe mj's other comments like:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- NBA legend Michael Jordan believes he could beat LeBron James in a one-on-one basketball game when he was in his prime.
He's not sure about Kobe Bryant.
In a video promoting the NBA 2K14 video game that was released Tuesday, Jordan said there's a long list of players he would've liked to have played one-on-one - Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Julius Erving, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Bryant and James, who dons the cover of this year's game.
LeBron: I'm not G.O.A.T., but I 'see the light'
"I don't think I would lose," Jordan said in the video, before smiling and adding, "Other than to Kobe Bryant because he steals all of my moves."
Responded James: "MJ said that?"
James was told of Jordan's comments after the Miami Heat completed their first training camp practice in the Bahamas on Tuesday, and said that the buzz would serve as good promotion for the game.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20131001/michael-jordan-lebron-james-one-on-one-kobe-bryant.ap/#ixzz33vLA59pw
did isiah thomas say that? nah

D-Rose
06-07-2014, 12:41 AM
I'm confused... So Jordan had cramps, went back in the game and... played through it? :confusedshrug:
http://elitedaily.com/sports/michael-jordan-asked-subbed-nba-finals-game-due-cramps/623758/

Yes, he came back but at that point, Utah had taken control of the game. Point is that he asked to sit at a critical time in the game...because he had to. Cramps are no joke. If MJ could, he would have stayed on the court too. Somethings one can play through (sprained ankle in the moment), other things...like not having legs that move...not so much.

Most of the people criticizing LBJ for "oh, just cramps" probably get winded from carrying in the groceries from the car.

Pointguard
06-07-2014, 01:25 AM

Why is it clear?

Boston knew before hand and wasn't bashful about showing that they knew the AC would go out. It was over 100 degrees on the floor in Miami - that's definitely reason enough to have oxygen. Its likely somebody in the audience will sue over this - if their inhalers ran out.

And a couple of people on ESPN said they were at the Boston game and said this game was hotter.

Pointguard
06-07-2014, 01:28 AM

They were giving the temperatures during the game and all of that I heard were over 90 and the last over a 100 degrees.

Poetry
06-07-2014, 01:50 AM
Mike Wilbon after the game said himself that he was at that Boston game and the game last night was way hotter :confusedshrug:

As you get older, your body is affected by heat stress more than it is when you're younger.

Wilbon is 55 now.

25-year-old Wilbon wouldn't complain about the heat nearly as much as 55-year-old Wilbon.

So it seemed hotter to him because he didn't have the capacity to endure like his younger self.

cltcfn2924
06-07-2014, 07:14 AM

HGH is a wonderful drug.

cltcfn2924
06-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Why is it clear?

Boston knew before hand and wasn't bashful about showing that they knew the AC would go out. It was over 100 degrees on the floor in Miami - that's definitely reason enough to have oxygen. Its likely somebody in the audience will sue over this - if their inhalers ran out.

And a couple of people on ESPN said they were at the Boston game and said this game was hotter.

Horrible post. The Boston Garden HAD no A/C period. I guess a closed up building in Miami could hit 100? I doubt it though, being closed up it would stay pretty cool. A couple of people on ESPN at both games? That would make them 30 years older? SMH. They reported 88 degrees all night. Stop with the conspiracy theories and exaggerations. The Spurs starters are old men, you are insane.

INDI
06-07-2014, 09:57 AM

I saw Kobe play with one arm.

Obviously not the same as one leg, but I never saw a player hurt his shooting arm to the point he couldn't even move it and yet stay in the game with literally only using his left. That was amazing because any other player that catches a injury like that would absolutely be done for the game.

On top of that he scored like 17 points with shooting only with the left