PDA

View Full Version : Wade was invisible after LeBron left Finals Game 1

Andrew Wiggins
06-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Wade went 1-4 after lebron went out and looked lost defensively from that point on.

ballin33
06-06-2014, 08:16 AM
I agree, he's a star now not a superstar. He needs LeCramp

aj1987
06-06-2014, 08:53 AM
isn't this guy supposed to be a 'superstar' that can carry the team when they need him or lebron's not playing his best?

wade went 1-4 and looked lost defensively from that point on. talk about a phony, manufactured 'star' :lol
You do know that he was averaging 25/5/7/2/1 before ever playing with LeBron, right? Or that he won a ring without him? :facepalm

Also, Wade isn't a superstar anymore. He has declined and is not in his prime.

Wade did definitely disappoint this game though. He had some amazing moves and scored 17 points in the first half. Only 2 in the 2nd. No excuses though. He played like garbage in the 2nd half. Hope he plays more consistently in G2.

Andrew Wiggins
06-06-2014, 09:00 AM
You do know that he was averaging 25/5/7/2/1 before ever playing with LeBron, right? Or that he won a ring without him? :facepalm

Wade did definitely disappoint this game though. He had some amazing moves and scored 17 points in the first half. Only 2 in the 2nd. No excuses though. He played like garbage in the 2nd half. Hope he plays more consistently in G2.

i'm not talking about what he was but what he currently is. he's still widely referred to as a marquee player and someone who can consistently take over games.

that's clearly not the case anymore and more often than not he's looking to pump fake and draw a foul rather than attacking the basket with aggression. he constantly fades in and out of games and rarely has 2-3 good games in a row

aj1987
06-06-2014, 09:11 AM
i'm not talking about what he was but what he currently is. he's still widely referred to as a marquee player and someone who can consistently take over games.

that's clearly not the case anymore and more often than not he's looking to pump fake and draw a foul rather than attacking the basket with aggression. he constantly fades in and out of games and rarely has 2-3 good games in a row
He still is an elite player, but not a superstar.

navy
06-06-2014, 09:23 AM

You made this up. He had 2 points in the fourth.

Anyways, look at what happened man. Heat were literally Heat exhausted in that quarter. The whole team just didnt have enough in the tank. :confusedshrug:

aj1987
06-06-2014, 09:27 AM
You made this up. He had 2 points in the fourth.

Anyways, look at what happened man. Heat were literally Heat exhausted in that quarter. The whole team just didnt have enough in the tank. :confusedshrug:
Oh shit. My bad. He had 2 points in the 4th. You're right.

I'm more pissed at Wade, because he was letting Shitmers and Cole control the offense. He should've played through the exhaustion and chucked.

Bosh sucked ass as well. He did put up good numbers, but Splitter and Duncan raped him.

navy
06-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Oh shit. My bad. He had 2 points in the 4th. You're right.

I'm more pissed at Wade, because he was letting Shitmers and Cole control the offense. He should've played through the exhaustion and chucked.

Bosh sucked ass as well. He did put up good numbers, but Splitter and Duncan raped him.

Duncan scored on Bosh directly like once or twice. All the others were missed roations from the trap. And like I said, Heat just didnt have it in the fourth.

However San Antonio did not look scary at all. :confusedshrug:

aj1987
06-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Duncan scored on Bosh directly like once or twice. All the others were missed roations from the trap. And like I said, Heat just didnt have it in the fourth.

However San Antonio did not look scary at all. :confusedshrug:
Nope. Miami got this in 6.

Bosh missed too many rotations and was nonexistent on help defense. Miami was also doubling players who don't deserve that kind of respect (especially in the 4th), which led to some WIDE open shots.

I agree that exhaustion played a part in it, but no excuses, when the Spurs were able to play through it.

Game 2 is a must win for Miami.

tmacattack33
06-06-2014, 09:38 AM
Wade has had two major opportunities to step up in these playoffs and has failed both times, leading to two of Miami's only four losses in the entire playoffs.

There was last night and what we are discussing here, and Indiana game 5 when Lebron only played 20 minutes or whatever it was and got fouled out.

He is obviously no super-star anymore, and he definitely can't be a super-star for a long spurts, but I would think that he would be able to put a hot 10 minutes together and go at 110% when Lebron is out in these situations. I guess I was wrong.

HoopsFanNumero1
06-06-2014, 09:41 AM
He was killing it in the first half, but was clearly gassed mid-way through the 3rd quarter. So was Lebron actually, which is unusual for him.

imdaman99
06-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Once bran checked himself out, they could slide Kawhi on Wade. Kawhi is a great defensive player compared to Danny Green, and he would be the worst possible matchup for Wade to try to score on. Taller with long arms and won't bite on his fakes.

GimmeThat
06-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Duncan was very visible before LeCramp went down in the 4th and the Heat up by about 4-6 points.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Wade has had two major opportunities to step up in these playoffs and has failed both times, leading to two of Miami's only four losses in the entire playoffs.

There was last night and what we are discussing here, and Indiana game 5 when Lebron only played 20 minutes or whatever it was and got fouled out.

He is obviously no super-star anymore, and he definitely can't be a super-star for a long spurts, but I would think that he would be able to put a hot 10 minutes together and go at 110% when Lebron is out in these situations. I guess I was wrong.
And this is why we shouldn't put too much stock in what Wade did in 2006. Not only did Mimai need him last night, they've needed him many games/situations before and he didn't come through.

sd3035
06-06-2014, 10:09 AM
He was just trying to take over Bran's role after he left

aj1987
06-06-2014, 10:14 AM
And this is why we shouldn't put too much stock in what Wade did in 2006. Not only did Mimai need him last night, they've needed him many games/situations before and he didn't come through.
Trying to prop up Pippen, eh? How much ever you try, Pippen has never been a better player than Wade.

Oh, and you must've missed the '11 Finals, '12 2nd round, and Games 4 and 7 of the Finals last year.

That ****? Wade took 4 shots in the 4th Q and hit 3 of those (2 being 3 pointers). Scored 8 points on 75% shooting. He only got 14 shots that game and scored 18/8/7/2 on 50% shooting. Bosh had 20 points on 21 shots and LeBron had 7 on 10 shots and you want to blame Wade for that loss? LeBron shot something lil 1-5 in that 4th quarter.

Frozen1
06-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Sorry, Wade was invisible since he hit that three in the third quarter to bring the heat back. After it he stopped driving and just jacked jumpers.

Let

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Trying to prop up Pippen, eh? How much ever you try, Pippen has never been a better player than Wade.

Oh, and you must've missed the '11 Finals, '12 2nd round, and Games 4 and 7 of the Finals last year.

That ****? Wade took 4 shots in the 4th Q and hit 3 of those (2 being 3 pointers). Scored 8 points on 75% shooting. He only got 14 shots that game and scored 18/8/7/2 on 50% shooting. Bosh had 20 points on 21 shots and LeBron had 7 on 10 shots and you want to blame Wade for that loss? LeBron shot something lil 1-5 in that 4th quarter.
This has nothing to do with Pippen. It has everything to do with the constant bombardment that Wade carries teams. And its based off of three games in 2006.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 11:36 AM
This has nothing to do with Pippen. It has everything to do with the constant bombardment that Wade carries teams. And its based off of three games in 2006.
Yeah, we've been over this already and it's pretty obvious that you haven't watched the Heat pre-decision.

Also, according to your logic, Migraine boy hadn't carried the Bulls to a single win. It was all MJ.

Jlamb47
06-06-2014, 11:52 AM
Heat exhausted and SPurs not??
they were playing in the same game
and were "old" member

konex
06-06-2014, 11:54 AM
I feel the whole Heat team was shocked and basically stopped playing. I'm not sure they knew it was just cramps

Mass Debator
06-06-2014, 12:16 PM
I guess people see things differently.

- It was 86-79 after Bosh hit that 4 point play
- 2 straight plays afterwards, Lebron iso'd on the right side which both resulted in bad contested jumpers clanking off the rim (OKC plays)
- Spurs took advantage
- Lebron had a nice drive and then cramped up
- Danny Green went 2013 again.
- Chalmers full of energy checked back in trying to be Lebron (may be Spolestra's plan)
- Chalmer's screwing around making bad plays
- Spurs catching fire...
- Designed fall away three for Wade on the far left side with 1 minute left
- He missed...game basically over

I felt like they needed to look to Wade more often down the stretch, but I can tell Wade and Lebron were both exhausted. That game was intense. Heat's easy path in the east showed up late...they weren't ready for this type of 4 quarters intensity.

Also, I know he was 3/8 which is decent but Ray Allen's be missing them open threes. So flat on his shot. He's good from the shorter sides though.

oarabbus
06-06-2014, 12:23 PM
He was just trying to take over Bran's role after he left
:lol

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Yeah, we've been over this already and it's pretty obvious that you haven't watched the Heat pre-decision.

Also, according to your logic, Migraine boy hadn't carried the Bulls to a single win. It was all MJ.
I dont know how you could arrive at that conclusion. I've always maintained that the Bulls won as a team. Neither Jordan nor Pippen won on their own.

And I have watched the Heat before they formed their current dynasty. They were a mediocre team with a great player. I've always maintained this.

Again, im the first to say that Wade is a great player. But aside from 2006, he's never been able to drag a team to a to the level you and many of your brethren try to make it seem.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 12:43 PM
I dont know how you could arrive at that conclusion. I've always maintained that the Bulls won as a team. Neither Jordan nor Pippen won on their own.

And I have watched the Heat before they formed their current dynasty. They were a mediocre team with a great player. I've always maintained this.

Again, im the first to say that Wade is a great player. But aside from 2006, he's never been able to drag a team to a to the level you and many of your brethren try to make it seem.
Uh, 2004. Wade was hitting game winners and took his team to the second round. 2005? Shaq was decent, but it was all Wade. I mean Shaq couldn't even win a single game, when Wade got hurt. '07? Wade was hurt and was playing on a shitty team. '09 and '10? Garbage ass teams. During the RS though, he literally carried that team to 43 and 47 wins.

'09 was probably the best season for a guard (on both ends of the court) since MJ.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Uh, 2004. Wade was hitting game winners and took his team to the second round. 2005? Shaq was decent, but it was all Wade. I mean Shaq couldn't even win a single game, when Wade got hurt. '07? Wade was hurt and was playing on a shitty team. '09 and '10? Garbage ass teams. During the RS though, he literally carried that team to 43 and 47 wins. Hardly anything to brag about.

'09 was probably the best season for a guard (on both ends of the court) since MJ.
Lol. That's called mediocre bro.

And Shaq in 2005 was "decent"?????? The man finished second in MVP voting.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 02:36 PM
Lol. That's called mediocre bro.
How the heck is dragging a team of scrubs into the playoffs with 43 and 47 wins mediocre? If you consider what Wade did to be mediocre, Pippen's entire career must've been absolutely awful in your opinion.

And Shaq in 2005 was "decent"?????? The man finished second in MVP voting.
I didn't know that they gave MVP awards for the Playoffs.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 03:11 PM
How the heck is dragging a team of scrubs into the playoffs with 43 and 47 wins mediocre? If you consider what Wade did to be mediocre, Pippen's entire career must've been absolutely awful in your opinion.

I didn't know that they gave MVP awards for the Playoffs.
Lol how were they scrubs? He had Shawn Marion for the first half of the season and Jermaine Oneal for the second. The number two pick in the previous draft in Beasley, one of the best three point shooters in the league in Daquan Cook, a good player in Udonis Haslem, and Eric Spoelstra as the Coach. And they were in the East.

Compare that to the Sixers the same year. Remove Iguodala. They had Andre Miller whose always been steady, a good young player in Thadeus Young, a washed up Elton Brand, and Samuel Dalembert. They only won two less games.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 03:14 PM
And I dont see how Scottie Pippens career has any relevance in this conversation. My point is I constantly read Wade fans make the claim that Wade is this super clutch guy that routinely drags his teams to overachievement like Jerry West, Jordan, and Bryant. When such couldnt be further from true.

r15mohd
06-06-2014, 03:16 PM
I guess people see things differently.

- It was 86-79 after Bosh hit that 4 point play
- 2 straight plays afterwards, Lebron iso'd on the right side which both resulted in bad contested jumpers clanking off the rim (OKC plays)
- Spurs took advantage
- Lebron had a nice drive and then cramped up
- Danny Green went 2013 again.
- Chalmers full of energy checked back in trying to be Lebron (may be Spolestra's plan)
- Chalmer's screwing around making bad plays
- Spurs catching fire...
- Designed fall away three for Wade on the far left side with 1 minute left
- He missed...game basically over

I felt like they needed to look to Wade more often down the stretch, but I can tell Wade and Lebron were both exhausted. That game was intense. Heat's easy path in the east showed up late...they weren't ready for this type of 4 quarters intensity.

Also, I know he was 3/8 which is decent but Ray Allen's be missing them open threes. So flat on his shot. He's good from the shorter sides though.

weren't ready :rolleyes:

you can't help but note the temperature factor playing a huge role. had it been a lot cooler, Lebron could have possibly gone the game unscathed. no player was expecting 90+ degree weather inside an arena

Mrofir
06-06-2014, 03:19 PM
I feel the whole Heat team was shocked and basically stopped playing. I'm not sure they knew it was just cramps

I was watching the game at a bar with no sound and I didn't know it was just cramps. Cramps were a possibility, but so was quad injury, calf injury, etc.

This is an interesting comment.

red1
06-06-2014, 03:22 PM
only 1 game

Young X
06-06-2014, 03:26 PM
And I dont see how Scottie Pippens career has any relevance in this conversation. My point is I constantly read Wade fans make the claim that Wade is this super clutch guy that routinely drags his teams to overachievement like Jerry West, Jordan, and Bryant. When such couldnt be further from true.When did Kobe drag his team to over achievement?

aj1987
06-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Lol how were they scrubs? He had Shawn Marion for the first half of the season and Jermaine Oneal for the second. The number two pick in the previous draft in Beasley, one of the best three point shooters in the league in Daquan Cook, a good player in Udonis Haslem, and Eric Spoelstra as the Coach. And they were in the East.
Marion - Played only 42 games and was inconsistent. Wasn't even that good defensively.
Beasley - Rookie Beasley, who didn't even know what defense was and had terrible IQ.
Cook - Sure! Great player! 38% from the 2 and 3.
O'Neal - Played 27 games and was mostly garbage.
Haslem - Was the only decent player in the team after Wade.
Spoelstra - Rookie season and was a terrible coach.
Chalmers - Starting PG and was garbage.
Joel Anthony - Starting C for a bunch of games. :oldlol:

This basically proves that you've never seen a SINGLE Heat game before the decision.

As I said, Wade was really good in the '04, '05, and '06 Playoffs. After that, he was injured for 2 straight years and had scrubs for teammates. You can stop posting now, since you literally have no idea about the pre-decision Heat.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 03:32 PM
When did Kobe drag his team to over achievement?
Good point. I was more talking about taking over games on a consistent basis.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Marion - Played only 42 games and was inconsistent. Wasn't even that good defensively.
Beasley - Rookie Beasley, who didn't even know what defense was and had terrible IQ.
Cook - Sure! Great player! 38% from the 2 and 3.
O'Neal - Played 27 games and was mostly garbage.
Chalmers - Starting PG and was garbage.
Joel Anthony - Starting C for a bunch of games. :oldlol:

This basically proves that you've never seen a SINGLE Heat game before the decision.

As I said, Wade was really good in the '04, '05, and '06 Playoffs. After that, he was injured for 2 straight years and had scrubs for teammates. You can stop posting now, since you literally have no idea about the pre-decision Heat.
Lol. A "Heat fan" going out of his way to diminish the contributions of his favorite players teammates.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Lol. A "Heat fan" going out of his way to diminish the contributions of his favorite players teammates.
You literally have no argument, which you can use to prop them up. Almost everyone considers those '09 and '10 supporting casts to be extremely bad.

It's cool though. Since you started watching the Heat after the decision, I can understand.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 03:58 PM
You literally have no argument, which you can use to prop them up. Almost everyone considers those '09 and '10 supporting casts to be extremely bad.

It's cool though. Since you started watching the Heat after the decision, I can understand.
No. Every Wade fan considers the Heats 09 and 10 players bad outside of Wade. The same way Jordan fans attack his teammates, Bryants and his, and James now.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 04:10 PM
No. Every Wade fan considers the Heats 09 and 10 players bad outside of Wade. The same way Jordan fans attack his teammates, Bryants and his, and James now.
I don't really see any MJ stans attack his teammates. The only stupid shit they say is that MJ made Pippen.

Also, most Kobe stans and MJ stans also will agree with me that Wade played with garbage in '09 and '10. You're literally the first person who I know is trying to prop them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66lVkgiU1zQ

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 04:28 PM
I don't really see any MJ stans attack his teammates. The only stupid shit they say is that MJ made Pippen.

Also, most Kobe stans and MJ stans also will agree with me that Wade played with garbage in '09 and '10. You're literally the first person who I know is trying to prop them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66lVkgiU1zQ
Lol what did Jordan say that is contrary to what Im saying? He compared Wades teammates to James and Kobe teammates when both teams were elite.

James and Bryants teams were mid 60 win caliber teams. Wades was low 40. Id be the first to agree that if you take Wade off that team theyd suffer tremendously. More than the Cavs and Lakers at the time. No one denies that. But you and people like you act as if Wades teammates were a bunch of high schoolers Wade found walking home from school.

And your gonna tell me that Wade fans don't argue with Bryant fans almost daily on which team was worse Wades 09 or Bryants 06 team? Hell James fans RIGHT NOW ARE SAYING THAT HIS TEAMMATES ARE GARBAGE.

Roundball_Rock
06-06-2014, 04:31 PM
In 2008 Wade "led" his team to 10-41. :roll:

PJR
06-06-2014, 04:34 PM
In 2008 Wade "led" his team to 10-41. :roll:

Do you know or remember the circumstances surrounding that year?

Da_Realist
06-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Maybe he was tired or suffering from heat exhaustion :confusedshrug:

navy
06-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Wade is not a "phony, manufactured" star

He's a former superstar who now can play like a star for stretches but is obviously past his prime.

Man, you trolls are the most repulsive sports 'fans' in the world. Just typing dishonest crap all day

Jeff. Schooling these trolls. :bowdown:

How about that forum upgrade? And my mod status?

aj1987
06-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Lol what did Jordan say that is contrary to what Im saying? He compared Wades teammates to James and Kobe teammates when both teams were elite.

James and Bryants teams were mid 60 win caliber teams. Wades was low 40. Id be the first to agree that if you take Wade off that team theyd suffer tremendously. More than the Cavs and Lakers at the time. No one denies that. But you and people like you act as if Wades teammates were a bunch of high schoolers Wade found walking home from school.

:facepalm

Did you even watch the video?

"You take him away from his team, uh, I'm pretty sure that they'll not be as successful as you take away LeBron and you take away Kobe, I'm pretty sure that those teams would still be competitive...."

And your gonna tell me that Wade fans don't argue with Bryant fans almost daily on which team was worse Wades 09 or Bryants 06 team? Hell James fans RIGHT NOW ARE SAYING THAT HIS TEAMMATES ARE GARBAGE.
The '06 Lakers were garbage without a doubt. I wasn't comparing the '09 team to the '06 team. Also, being bad is different from the completely garbage ass team that Wade played with in '09 and '10.

You literally have no knowledge about basketball. Stick to overrating Pippen.

navy
06-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Maybe he was tired or suffering from heat exhaustion :confusedshrug:
This. Man, 1 game. Wasnt even a bad one at that. I'll give the Heat team a pass. Only one they are getting though.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 04:48 PM
dude's as big of a phony as they come. writes a book about family values and morals and then cheats on his fiance and fathers a child out of an affair
What does that have to do with Wade playing like a superstar or a star. Stop reaching and STFU, kid. This ain't TMZ. Why do you even care about his personal life?

AirFederer
06-06-2014, 04:49 PM
OP shot 0%

Da_Realist
06-06-2014, 04:50 PM
This. Man, 1 game. Wasnt even a bad one at that. I'll give the Heat team a pass. Only one they are getting though.

Wade was playing his ass off keeping the Heat in the game. People are just looking for someone to blame. Spurs shot 14-16 (6-6 3pt fgs) in the fourth. There's not much anyone can do against that kind of explosion. Wade had every right to be as tired as anyone else on the court.

Andrew Wiggins
06-06-2014, 04:51 PM
What does that have to do with Wade playing like a superstar or a star. Stop reaching and STFU, kid. This ain't TMZ. Why do you even care about his personal life?

that doesn't have to with him being non-existant in the fourth, it's just an ad-hominem insult like the admin of this site likes to use.

what was the point of having him skip games, the intense rehab program, etc. if he can't step it up when lebron can't play in the most important game of the season.

PJR
06-06-2014, 04:54 PM
that doesn't have to with him being non-existant in the fourth, it's just an ad-hominem insult like the admin of this site likes to use.

what was the point of having him skip games, the intense rehab program, etc. if he can't step it up when lebron can't play in the most important game of the season.

Is the series over, numb nuts?

r15mohd
06-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Wade was playing his ass off keeping the Heat in the game. People are just looking for someone to blame. Spurs shot 14-16 (6-6 3pt fgs) in the fourth. There's not much anyone can do against that kind of explosion. Wade had every right to be as tired as anyone else on the court.

there's no fault to Wade in game 1...or even Lebron, injuries occur, unfortunate the time and circumstance they may come.

however, the Spurs going off like this is not a consistent thing...60% FG for the game, with 14-16 from the 4th. playoff teams usually have 1-2 games max at this type of luck...can it be duplicated should be the Spurs thoughts.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Maybe because he's 32 years old, past his prime and exhausted/dehydrated as well? Also, it wasn't the most important game of the season. There are still 6 games left.

Even with Wade stepped up and scored, the Spurs were raping the Heat. They shot 14-16 in the 4th and scored 36 points. It wasn't like Wade would have had a chance to shut down all the Spurs players.

Andrew Wiggins
06-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Maybe because he's 32 years old, past his prime and exhausted/dehydrated as well? Also, it wasn't the most important game of the season. There are still 6 games left.

Even with Wade stepped up and scored, the Spurs were raping the Heat. They shot 14-16 in the 4th and scored 36 points. It wasn't like Wade would have had a chance to shut down all the Spurs players.

it was the most important game of the season thus far.

if he stepped up and scored, they likely would have limited the spurs' transition opportunities off the long rebounds. he stopped attacking the rack and just looked for fouls. he was slow to get back on transition and lost his man several times getting back on defense.

Da_Realist
06-06-2014, 05:05 PM
there's no fault to Wade in game 1...or even Lebron, injuries occur, unfortunate the time and circumstance they may come.

however, the Spurs going off like this is not a consistent thing...60% FG for the game, with 14-16 from the 4th. playoff teams usually have 1-2 games max at this type of luck...can it be duplicated should be the Spurs thoughts.

Glad to be talking basketball. :applause: I don't think the Spurs will duplicate it but I also don't believe they will turn the ball over 30 times anymore either. They were bothered by the heat and the Heat.

I think this is the first team to force the Heat go HAM for a full 48 minutes. Usually Miami goes hard, relaxes and then turns it on enough to win. They could pick their spots. If there is one thing the Heat need to be concerned about is fatigue. Lebron and Wade will have to go full out every game for the Heat to win. I don't expect any more cramps, but the 4th quarters should be interesting. San Antonio forces Miami to play more disciplined defense with their spacing and passing but also for more possessions since San Antonio will probably out-rebound them the rest of the series. Miami needs turnovers but there's always the possibility that San Antonio grows accustomed to their defensive schemes, intensity and pace as the series progresses. Playing that hard wears guys down, AC or no AC.

aboss4real24
06-06-2014, 05:05 PM
AJ Is such a idiot :lol

Rodmantheman
06-06-2014, 05:08 PM
seeing there best player go down was really deflating for the Heat. There Defense intensity went down leaving guys wide open and there offensive looked out of whack.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 05:12 PM
:facepalm

Did you even watch the video?

"You take him away from his team, uh, I'm pretty sure that they'll not be as successful as you take away LeBron and you take away Kobe, I'm pretty sure that those teams would still be competitive...."

The '06 Lakers were garbage without a doubt. I wasn't comparing the '09 team to the '06 team. Also, being bad is different from the completely garbage ass team that Wade played with in '09 and '10.

You literally have no knowledge about basketball. Stick to overrating Pippen.
Well duh. They had better teammates. Thats doesn't mean that Wades teammates were bad. But they weren't as good as Bryants and James.

Perhaps you don't make comparisons between Bryants teammates and Wades, but the conversation arises often.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 05:19 PM
You're right. It is only one game. But I can already see the revisionist history. Wade fans will totally and convienently forget about this particular game and say that Wade routinely takes over games. Which is overrating him.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-06-2014, 05:31 PM
You're right. It is only one game. But I can already see the revisionist history. Wade fans will totally and convienently forget about this particular game and say that Wade routinely takes over games. Which is overrating him.

This. You cant even discuss basketball without these ass hurt fan boys clamoring for excuses.

Newsflash: SA had to play in the torrid heat (no pun) as well, and their core-on average older than the Heat-simply outplayed Miami. Whether or not they can sustain that INSANE efficiency...we'll see

aj1987
06-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Well duh. They had better teammates. Thats doesn't mean that Wades teammates were bad. But they weren't as good as Bryants and James.

Perhaps you don't make comparisons between Bryants teammates and Wades, but the conversation arises often.
Go watch the video again. MJ just stopped short of calling them bums. They WERE bad. Beasley in his prime got cut by the Wolves and is rotting on the bench. Chalmers was a rookie and in his prime now, is a horrible starting PG. Marion was inconsistent at best and played only 41 games. O'Neal was horrible and played 27 games. Cook shot 38% from the 2 and 3. Joel was the starting C for a number of Game. Diawara started a bunch of games as well. Do you even know who Diawara is?

Try to disprove any of my points. Honestly, you said Wade had Beasley, Cook, and Spo to somehow justify yourself that he had a good supporting cast? You lost all your credibility right there. Just admit it that you have actually NEVER seen a Miami Heat game.

Wade cast was garbage. End of story.

Because Kobe, LeBron, Bird, Magic, etc. etc. never had bad games, right? Wade on one leg in the Finals (last season) showed up in games 4 and 7. Two of the most important games. I could list all the games that he was huge in, but you'd just ignore it and continue with your drivel.

Wade >>>>>>>>>>>> Pippen and it's not even close. You can keep posting whatever crap you want, but that's a FACT.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Go watch the video again. MJ just stopped short of calling them bums. They WERE bad. Beasley in his prime got cut by the Wolves and is rotting on the bench. Chalmers was a rookie and in his prime now, is a horrible starting PG. Marion was inconsistent at best and played only 41 games. O'Neal was horrible and played 27 games. Cook shot 38% from the 2 and 3. Joel was the starting C for a number of Game. Diawara started a bunch of games as well. Do you even know who Diawara is?

Try to disprove any of my points. Honestly, you said Wade had Beasley, Cook, and Spo to somehow justify yourself that he had a good supporting cast? You lost all your credibility right there. Just admit it that you have actually NEVER seen a Miami Heat game.

Wade cast was garbage. End of story.

Because Kobe, LeBron, Bird, Magic, etc. etc. never had bad games, right? Wade on one leg in the Finals (last season) showed up in games 4 and 7. Two of the most important games. I could list all the games that he was huge in, but you'd just ignore it and continue with your drivel.

Wade >>>>>>>>>>>> Pippen and it's not even close. You can keep posting whatever crap you want, but that's a FACT.
Lol. What's your fascination with Pippen. Youve mentioned this man at keast six times.

Trust me. I fully understand that no player comes through all the time. Jordan didnt do it James, Magic, Bird, PIPPEN, but for some reason, some people act as if these guys are above reproach. Especially Bird.

And mind you, Wade didnt have a bad game. He just didn't take over the game as is often stated that that's what he does. Thus overrating him.

HurricaneKid
06-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Did those of you who are saying how great Wade was in the 1st half see who he was doing it against? The Spurs started the game with TIAGO SPLITTER on him. They then went to Manu, and then Belinelli. They were literally putting their worst defender on him the entire 1st half. I was expecting Miami to play through Wade and see threads about how LeBron < a man because he was riding the coattails of Wade to a title. Spurs completely disrespected DWade last night and the second LeBron went out and they started defending him properly he starting shooting up garbage.

I think the heat got to Wade too. He isn't as young as he once was and he just didn't have much bounce in the second half.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 06:37 PM
And mind you, Wade didnt have a bad game. He just didn't take over the game as is often stated that that's what he does. Thus overrating him.
Again, watch the game. Lebron went out and Shitmers came in. Dude tried to take over LeBron's role and failed miserably. After that, Wade missed a shot in the paint, and a pump fake on which Manu clearly jumped into him (no call). Dude got only 4 shots in the 4th and made one. You can blame the coach for not running the offense through Wade.

Did those of you who are saying how great Wade was in the 1st half see who he was doing it against? The Spurs started the game with TIAGO SPLITTER on him. They then went to Manu, and then Belinelli. They were literally putting their worst defender on him the entire 1st half. I was expecting Miami to play through Wade and see threads about how LeBron < a man because he was riding the coattails of Wade to a title. Spurs completely disrespected DWade last night and the second LeBron went out and they started defending him properly he starting shooting up garbage.

Nope. Splitter didn't guard him. Splitter was on Lewis. Manu, Green, Belinelli, and Kawhi guarded Wade this game.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 07:04 PM
Again, watch the game. Lebron went out and Shitmers came in. Dude tried to take over LeBron's role and failed miserably. After that, Wade missed a shot in the paint, and a pump fake on which Manu clearly jumped into him (no call). Dude got only 4 shots in the 4th and made one. You can blame the coach for not running the offense through Wade.

Nope. Splitter didn't guard him. Splitter was on Lewis. Manu, Green, Belinelli, and Kawhi guarded Wade this game.
Manu didnt foul him. Wade went looking for the whistle but didn't get it. Another thing that Wade is known for.

Like was said. It's only one game. The Heat will come back with fire and determination on Sunday. I just felt it had to be noted that Wade had a golden opportunity and didn't come through.

And mind you, im not a Wade hater. I stated in another thread where James supporters were bashing his 2013 performance that he was hurt. Plainly acknowledging that the Heat wouldn't have won without him.

But again, hes overrated.

fpliii
06-06-2014, 07:08 PM
God, I'm so ****ing sick of this agenda tactic to promote your guy by trying to devalue his teammates. So transparent and immature. :facepalm

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 07:09 PM
One more thing. I doubt very seriously that Spoelstra actually called Chalmers number. I think Chalmers saw that James was gone, and knew Bosh and Wade didn't have it and felt like it was on him.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Manu didnt foul him. Wade went looking for the whistle but didn't get it. Another thing that Wade is known for.

Like was said. It's only one game. The Heat will come back with fire and determination on Sunday. I just felt it had to be noted that Wade had a golden opportunity and didn't come through.

And mind you, im not a Wade hater. I stated in another thread where James supporters were bashing his 2013 performance that he was hurt. Plainly acknowledging that the Heat wouldn't have won without him.

But again, hes overrated.
Well, that's your opinion. The same way I consider West, Cousy, Barkley, and a bunch of other players to be overrated.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 07:20 PM
God, I'm so ****ing sick of this agenda tactic to promote your guy by trying to devalue his teammates. So transparent and immature. :facepalm
It is. I just am appalled as to what todays basketball fan has fallen to. No team loyalty only player. And even then that's never been a problem. But now these new age fans constantly diminish every teammate.

As a Bulls fan, I remember hating Stacey King. But I never really hated on the team as a whole.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Well, that's your opinion. The same way I consider West, Cousy, Barkley, and a bunch of other players to be overrated.
I agree. We all are entitled to our opinion. I never question a fans opinion, but I do question their reason for that opinion.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 07:24 PM
I agree. We all are entitled to our opinion. I never question a fans opinion, but I do question their reason for that opinion.
Finally, we agree on something.

Mr Feeny
06-06-2014, 07:27 PM

Reading his posts (Bulls 97) its obvious that he has no clue what he's talking about. I'm not convinced he watched the 2005 ECF, 2006 ECF, 2006 finals,or any other pre-decision Heat games.

Heck he's supposed to be Bulls fan and had no idea who picked up Penny in the 95 and 96 Bulls Magic series! !! He's a belland. Don't give him the time.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Reading his posts (Bulls 97) its obvious that he has no clue what he's talking about. I'm not convinced he watched the 2005 ECF, 2006 ECF, 2006 finals,or any other pre-decision Heat games.

Heck he's supposed to be Bulls fan and had no idea who picked up Penny in the 95 and 96 Bulls Magic series! !! He's a belland. Don't give him the time.
Lol. I know who was defending Penny. It was Pippen. You're the only moron who argues different.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 07:38 PM
http://chasing23.com/did-scottie-pippen-always-guard-the-other-teams-best-player/

This is a wrbsite dedicated to Michael Jordan. This particular article was made to REFUTE the assumption that Pippen always defended the oppositions best player. Notice that even he says Pippen guarded Hardaway in 96

Mr Feeny
06-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Lol. I know who was defending Penny. It was Pippen. You're the only moron who argues different.

"lol" you sound really badass and composed when you begin a reply with that:oldlol:
You never watched those series though:cheers:
And moore importantly you never watched the 2006 playoffs yet you're commenting on Wade as if you have thr slightest clue what your talking about:facepalm

Mr Feeny
06-06-2014, 07:42 PM
http://chasing23.com/did-scottie-pippen-always-guard-the-other-teams-best-player/

This is a wrbsite dedicated to Michael Jordan. This particular article was made to REFUTE the assumption that Pippen always defended the oppositions best player. Notice that even he says Pippen guarded Hardaway in 96

Who said Pippen didn't:eek:
He did, and hung 38 on him in the opening game if I'm not mistaken. Jackson then changed strategy for the rest of the series and used Harper to double/pick up Penny as soon as he whizzed past Pippen.

Again, if you actually watched these games, I wouldn't have to tell you this:cheers:

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 07:45 PM
"lol" you sound really badass and composed when you begin a reply with that:oldlol:
You never watched those series though:cheers:
And moore importantly you never watched the 2006 playoffs yet you're commenting on Wade as if you have thr slightest clue what your talking about:facepalm
Lol. I just have to start with that because of the utterly terrible posts.

Mr Feeny
06-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Lol. I just have to start with that because of the utterly terrible posts.

And again:oldlol:
You're hillarious. Did you get around to reading the Halberstam book I told you about?
You desperstely need to improve your basketball knowledge so you'd actually know what you're talking about when you post:cheers:

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Who said Pippen didn't:eek:
He did, and hung 38 on him in the opening game if I'm not mistaken. Jackson then changed strategy for the rest of the series and used Harper to double/pick up Penny as soon as he whizzed past Pippen.

Again, if you actually watched these games, I wouldn't have to tell you this:cheers:
You said Pippen didnt. Its my understanding that according to you, Pip was being abused so badly in game 1, that Jackson put Harper on him.

I do see that youre changing your stance. At first, Harper guarded Hardaway exclusively. Now, Harper was told by Jackson to run over and help Pippen when Hardaway went past him.

I tried not to do it in this post out of respect for you but I just can't. LOL.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 07:51 PM
And again:oldlol:
You're hillarious. Did you get around to reading the Halberstam book I told you about?
You desperstely need to improve your basketball knowledge so you'd actually know what you're talking about when you post:cheers:
No. Why dont you send it to me. Lol

Mr Feeny
06-06-2014, 07:58 PM
You said Pippen didnt. Its my understanding that according to you, Pip was being abused so badly in game 1, that Jackson put Harper on him.

I do see that youre changing your stance. At first, Harper guarded Hardaway exclusively. Now, Harper was told by Jackson to run over and help Pippen when Hardaway went past him.

I tried not to do it in this post out of respect for you but I just can't. LOL.

Is that really what you understood from my posts:eek: :wtf:
Do me a favor. Get on amazon and buy

Roland Lanzby's 'Blood on the horns'
Roland Lanzby 'Mind games'
Bob Greene 'Hang time'
Dave Halberstam 'Playing for keeps'
Sam Smith 'The Jordan Rules'

Get a torrent and download the Bulls' playoff games so you'd have a better idea of what happened and to be able to provide better insight. As it is, you're woefully out of your depth with your own team , for a supposed Bulls fan.

I've never seen this. Ever. From any fan.
Good luck friend.

1987_Lakers
06-06-2014, 07:59 PM
'09 Wade > Any version of Pippen

Mr Feeny
06-06-2014, 08:06 PM

Tell that to the child who never watched pre 2010 Wade and is trying to convince people he watched the 90's Bulls. Smh

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Is that really what you understood from my posts:eek: :wtf:
Do me a favor. Get on amazon and buy

Roland Lanzby's 'Blood on the horns'
Roland Lanzby 'Mind games'
Bob Greene 'Hang time'
Dave Halberstam 'Playing for keeps'
Sam Smith 'The Jordan Rules'

Get a torrent and download the Bulls' playoff games so you'd have a better idea of what happened and to be able to provide better insight. As it is, you're woefully out of your depth with your own team , for a supposed Bulls fan.

I've never seen this. Ever. From any fan.
Good luck friend.
And what am I supposed to derive from these books? Are they gonna tell me that Harper guarded Penny?

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Really? How so? Because he was able to lead a mediocre roster to a mediocre record?

Hell Pippen did that in 95.

Oh wait, he takes over games and Pippen cant right? Just like last night.

Mr Feeny
06-06-2014, 08:20 PM
And what am I supposed to derive from these books? Are they gonna tell me that Harper guarded Penny?

They'd teach you a thing or two about "your team"
Keep derailing:cheers:

Mr Feeny
06-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Really? How so? Because he was able to lead a mediocre roster to a mediocre record?

Hell Pippen did that in 95.

Oh wait, he takes over games and Pippen cant right? Just like last night.Ermm no. He scores 13 points in the final 6 minutes of must win game 3's of NBA finals down 2-0.
He averages 34 ppg in an NBA finals to bring his team back from a 2-0 deficit.

While a certain Pippen refuses to play when his team needs him bc he's throwing a tantrum.
In the words of Phil Jackson himself "Eff him. We'll do this without him"

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 08:25 PM
They'd teach you a thing or two about "your team"
Keep derailing:cheers:
Really? Does any one talk about Harper taking over the Hardaway account from Pippen? Ill get that one.

Mr Feeny
06-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Really? Does any one talk about Harper taking over the Hardaway account from Pippen? Ill get that one.

Is that what you understood? :eek:
Alright. You get it. It'll mention Jackson using Harper to pick up Hardaway any time he gets past Scottie after Pippen was torched guarding Hardaway on single coverage in game 1.

You should know this Bulls "fan":(

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Is that what you understood? :eek:
Alright. You get it. It'll mention Jackson using Harper to pick up Hardaway any time he gets past Scottie after Pippen was torched guarding Hardaway on single coverage in game 1.

You should know this Bulls "fan":(
If thats the case, then I dont want to read any of them. Because itll be nothing but a pack of lies.

juju151111
Wtf are you talking about. Wade teammates were freaking garbage. That was a one man team.

Andrew Wiggins

lmao, you do the exact same thing against messi in the football threads :lol

Mr Feeny
06-06-2014, 08:44 PM
If thats the case, then I dont want to read any of them. Because itll be nothing but a pack of lies.

Ahaa....mhmm

Mr Feeny
06-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Wtf are you talking about. Wade teammates were freaking garbage. That was a one man team.He didn't watch pre-2010 Wade. It's a kid. Take it easy:facepalm

fpliii
06-06-2014, 08:54 PM
lmao, you do the exact same thing against messi in the football threads :lol
Guilty as charged. :lol

Admittedly I'm not terribly knowledgeable about football, definitely enjoy watching but I'm probably closer to casual than die-hard.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Wtf are you talking about. Wade teammates were freaking garbage. That was a one man team.
Garbage? How?

Marion 12/9/1/1 48%
Haslem 11/8 52%
Beasley 14/5 47%
Chalmers 10/5 and shot 38% from 3
Cook shot 38%

Then they traded Marion for Oneal and Oneal avg 13/5 on 48% and 2 blocks. All have had solid careers as well. Marion was a double double machine in Phoenix and played a huge role in Dallas during their championship run. Chalmers has been steady for the Heat, Cook has won two three point contest. O'Neal was solid and had a great career.

Again, what makes them garbage?

I just dont see how thats garbage. Thats not great, but its not garbage.

aj1987
06-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Garbage? How?

Marion 12/9/1/1 48%
Haslem 11/8 52%
Beasley 14/5 47%
Cook shot 38%

Then they traded Marion for Oneal and Oneal avg 13/5 on 48% and 2 blocks. All have had solid careers as well. Marion was a double double machine in Phoenix and played a huge role in Dallas during their championship run. Chalmers has been steady for the Heat, Cook has won two three point contest. O'Neal was solid and had a great career.

I've said this already and you seem to ignore it.

Beasley - Rookie Beasley, who didn't even know what defense was and had terrible IQ. Got released by the Wolves in his PRIME.
Cook - Sure! Great player! 38% from the 2 and 3. Amazing defender as well. GOAT! Playing in the EL and he's only 26.
O'Neal - Played 27 games and was mostly garbage. Way past his prime.
Chalmers - Starting PG and was garbage. Still is garbage.
Joel Anthony - Starting C for a bunch of games.
Diawara - Do you even know who that is?

They were garbage and EVERYONE except you acknowledges this.

Mr Feeny
06-06-2014, 09:24 PM
I've said this already and you seem to ignore it.

Beasley - Rookie Beasley, who didn't even know what defense was and had terrible IQ. Got released by the Wolves in his PRIME.
Cook - Sure! Great player! 38% from the 2 and 3. Amazing defender as well. GOAT! Playing in the EL and he's only 26.
O'Neal - Played 27 games and was mostly garbage. Way past his prime.
Chalmers - Starting PG and was garbage. Still is garbage.
Joel Anthony - Starting C for a bunch of games.
Diawara - Do you even know who that is?

They were garbage and EVERYONE except you acknowledges this.

Because everyone but him knows it because he's the only one on here who didn't watch NBA pre-2010.

red1
06-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Garbage? How?

Marion 12/9/1/1 48%
Haslem 11/8 52%
Beasley 14/5 47%
Cook shot 38%

That team was f*cking garbage. Don't confuse yourself

1987_Lakers
06-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Garbage? How?

Marion 12/9/1/1 48%
Haslem 11/8 52%
Beasley 14/5 47%
Cook shot 38%

http://f.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0015/47t2114508.jpg

juju151111
06-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Garbage? How?

Marion 12/9/1/1 48%
Haslem 11/8 52%
Beasley 14/5 47%
Cook shot 38%

Somebody already explained it.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 09:45 PM
Somebody already explained it.
No. I want to read your opinion JuJu. What makes that list "garbage" as you called them?

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 09:46 PM
http://f.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0015/47t2114508.jpg
Thats all you got bro? Come on. Youre better than this. I was all set for another debate. I have some new ammo.

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 09:47 PM
That team was f*cking garbage. Don't confuse yourself
How? And they're in the pathetic east

red1
06-06-2014, 09:55 PM
How? And they're in the pathetic east
Please. Anyone who watched them play a game or two would know the exact reason why they were a terrible roster. Zero rebounding, zero interior defense, no ball-handling outside of wade, inexperienced coaching, and zero overall talent outside of wade and beasley. Rookie beasley and haslem were the only decent players on that roster and that says it all.

Mr Feeny
06-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Please. Anyone who watched them play a game or two would know the exact reason why they were a terrible roster. Zero rebounding, zero interior defense, no ball-handling outside of wade, inexperienced coaching, and zero overall talent outside of wade and beasley. Rookie beasley and haslem were the only decent players on that roster and that says it all.You nailed it. "Anyone who watched them"

97 bulls
06-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Please. Anyone who watched them play a game or two would know the exact reason why they were a terrible roster. Zero rebounding, zero interior defense, no ball-handling outside of wade, inexperienced coaching, and zero overall talent outside of wade and beasley. Rookie beasley and haslem were the only decent players on that roster and that says it all.
Come on. Haslem, Oneal, and Marion werent solid interior defenders? Thats how they won with solid defense.

Heres the 09 Heats team rankings

FG 16th middle of the pack
3pt 22nd
2pt 12th middle of the pack, almost top 10
Rbd 28th
Ast 18th
Blks 5th
Stls 5th
Pts 18th
Opts 12
Ortg 20
Drtg 11

They were middle of the pack (meaning between 10 and 20) in seven of eleven categories. Top five in two, and bottom third in two. Basically avg stats netted an avg record

aj1987
06-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Come on. Haslem, Oneal, and Marion werent solid interior defenders? Thats how they won with solid defense.

3pt 22nd
Rbd 28th
Ast 18th
Blks 5th
Stls 5th
Pts 18th
Opts 12
Ortg 20
Drtg 11

They were middle of the pack (meaning between 10 and 20) in seven of eleven categories. Top five in two, and bottom third in two. Basically avg stats netted an avg record
That might have something to do with Wade having a monster season? :facepalm

3rd in MVP and 3rd on DPOY. 30/5/8/2/1 on 49%.

@red1, Beasley was not "decent". He sucked ass on defense and had lo IQ in general. UD was good though.

red1
06-07-2014, 09:28 AM

3pt 22nd
Rbd 28th
Ast 18th
Blks 5th
Stls 5th
Pts 18th
Opts 12
Ortg 20
Drtg 11

Just stop man. They were f*cking trash. Period. O'neal and marion were never on the roster at the same time and O'neal had a garbage season that year. Marion can't create a thing for himself so he was an awful fit on a team that doesnt have any offensive talent. So between haslem and marion or haslem and a busted o'neal where is the interior defense? Haslem hustles but he is undersized. Any decent big would feast on that. And that's not even mentioning the lack of overall talent.

red1
06-07-2014, 09:32 AM

@red1, Beasley was not "decent". He sucked ass on defense and had lo IQ in general. UD was good though.
97 bulls just doesnt get it. Everything good that came from that team started and ended with wade, both on offense AND defense. And relatively speaking beasley WAS decent compared to the rest of the roster and that right there makes my point for me. How is a team NOT garbage when rookie beasley - a beasley that is even dumber and more careless than today - is your second best player.

97 bulls
06-07-2014, 10:12 AM

It did have a lot to do with Wades dominant season. He was the catalyst. But those guys werent garbage. They were avg players. The Heat had an avg season.

Look at the year before. Wade (when he played), led the Heat to a 10-41 record. Good for a 24% win percentage. When he wasn't there? 5-26. Which is a 19% win percentage. Why did he have basically no impact on that team?

97 bulls
06-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Just stop man. They were f*cking trash. Period. O'neal and marion were never on the roster at the same time and O'neal had a garbage season that year. Marion can't create a thing for himself so he was an awful fit on a team that doesnt have any offensive talent. So between haslem and marion or haslem and a busted o'neal where is the interior defense? Haslem hustles but he is undersized. Any decent big would feast on that. And that's not even mentioning the lack of overall talent.
Since when is 13/6 on 48% and 2 blks garbage? if thats garbage, whats avgerage?

What do you mean where is the interior defense? Haslem, Marion, and Oneal have always been known as very good defenders throughout their careers. Remember the job Marion did on James? Even this year when the Roy Hibbert was killing Greg Oden. Spo put Haslem on him and he shut him down. I sincerely believe that the Bulls wouldve beat Miami if Haslem hadn't have came back. But somehow, these guys miraculously became garbage interior defenders in 09? Come on bro.

And mind you. This is the East in the 00s. It didnt take much to be decent in the post. Every teams bigs were solid at best.

I agree that Heat team had no second option. And were hurting offensively. But they won with defense. Which is why they were ranked 11th

Now I gotta ask you this question as well. Why did Wade have little to no impact on the Heats wins the previous season? They won 25% of their games with him, and 19% without him.

Juges8932
06-07-2014, 10:40 AM

Great posts throughout the thread. I'm not sure whether 97 bulls is trolling or so biased that he cannot logically reason in this debate. If he is serious, then it is abundantly clear that he really does not know much at all about the Heat/Wade throughout his career, aside from maybe what Google is telling him.

I'd wager he is trolling, though.

97 bulls
06-07-2014, 10:43 AM
Just as a point of reference. Roy Hibbert made the All-Star game this year and I know he had to be hovering around 12/7 on 45% with 2 blks at the All-Star break. Thats basically what Oneal avgd. And Marion.

97 bulls
06-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Great posts throughout the thread. I'm not sure whether 97 bulls is trolling or so biased that he cannot logically reason in this debate. If he is serious, then it is abundantly clear that he really does not know much at all about the Heat/Wade throughout his career, aside from maybe what Google is telling him.

I'd wager he is trolling, though.
Facts are facts bro. I mean. We can sit here just type yes they were no they weren't. But why not go back and peel the onion on this. Theres is nothing that woukd suggest that the Heat outside of Wade were garbage. They were mediocre. Im not saying they should've won. Or should've won 50 games. But they werent that bad.

Ill ask you as well. Why did Wade have such minimal impact on the Heat the prior year when he played?

red1
06-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Since when is 13/6 on 48% and 2 blks garbage? if thats garbage, whats avgerage?

What do you mean where is the interior defense? Haslem, Marion, and Oneal have always been known as very good defenders throughout their careers. Remember the job Marion did on James? Even this year when the Roy Hibbert was killing Greg Oden. Spo put Haslem on him and he shut him down. I sincerely believe that the Bulls wouldve beat Miami if Haslem hadn't have came back. But somehow, these guys miraculously became garbage interior defenders in 09? Come on bro.

And mind you. This is the East in the 00s. It didnt take much to be decent in the post. Every teams bigs were solid at best.

I agree that Heat team had no second option. And were hurting offensively. But they won with defense. Which is why they were ranked 11th

Now I gotta ask you this question as well. Why did Wade have little to no impact on the Heats wins the previous season? They won 25% of their games with him, and 19% without him.
What are you even saying man. I remember that team so there is no way you are convincing anyone other than yourself that they weren't shit.

97 bulls
06-07-2014, 11:31 AM
What are you even saying man. I remember that team so there is no way you are convincing anyone other than yourself that they weren't shit.
You have no legitimate response. If you did you wouldve posted it a long time ago.

Look. Wade is a great player. But theres no need to overrate his impact. Heres my point. Im assuming that you feel that without Wade, that Heat team wins 15 maybe 20 games.

Or better yet. Instead of assuming. How many wins would that Heat team have won without Wade being there.

HiphopRelated
06-07-2014, 11:50 AM
No. I want to read your opinion JuJu. What makes that list "garbage" as you called them?
How were they garbage?

Beasley has improved since then and can't get ahead of an old Rashard Lewis and about to retire Battier.

He was the 2nd best talent on the Heat

97 bulls
06-07-2014, 12:00 PM
How were they garbage?

Beasley has improved since then and can't get ahead of an old Rashard Lewis and about to retire Battier.

He was the 2nd best talent on the Heat
How many wins do you think the 2009 Heat would've had minus Wade?

aj1987
06-07-2014, 12:02 PM
It did have a lot to do with Wades dominant season. He was the catalyst. But those guys werent garbage. They were avg players. The Heat had an avg season.

Look at the year before. Wade (when he played), led the Heat to a 10-41 record. Good for a 24% win percentage. When he wasn't there? 5-26. Which is a 19% win percentage. Why did he have basically no impact on that team?
Are you calling a rookie Beasley, rookie Chalmers, Joel Anthony, a washed up O'Neal, Diawara, a sub 40% shooting Cook, etc. average?

Wade was injured in '08, dude. Do you not remember him having knee issues throughout the season and missing like 30+ games?

Less than 10. Probably the worst record of all time.

aboss4real24
06-07-2014, 12:11 PM
Melo is so much better than wade....

HiphopRelated
06-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Doubt they crack double digits

red1
06-07-2014, 02:50 PM
You have no legitimate response. If you did you wouldve posted it a long time ago.

Look. Wade is a great player. But theres no need to overrate his impact. Heres my point. Im assuming that you feel that without Wade, that Heat team wins 15 maybe 20 games.

Or better yet. Instead of assuming. How many wins would that Heat team have won without Wade being there.
Are you serious? :lol How is this not a legitimate response

I dont even understand why are you arguing this. There is an agenda somewhere but I dont see it because there is no way someone can be this wrong unless they are intentionally trolling.

red1
06-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Melo is so much better than wade....
this year? sure. career-wise? not a chance