PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Jackson: "Nobody guards LeBron better than the Spurs"

RagaZ
06-06-2014, 05:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7RuE8hlk8

HylianNightmare
06-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Can't believe he's out of the league

navy
06-06-2014, 06:10 PM
They were getting burnt last night. Still a long series though.

edrick
06-06-2014, 06:13 PM
Lebron was driving easily in the first half. The second half he couldn't drive. Great defense... or cramps, whatever one.

masonanddixon
06-06-2014, 06:14 PM
2010-2011 Mavericks crushed Lebron in 2 regular season and 6 postseason games

davehos
06-06-2014, 06:15 PM
I'm starting to realize just how many Lebron-stans are on this board.

My god it's pretty bad. Might as well rename this "Inside Lebron" and spam ads for his app. Millions in click through advertising.

masonanddixon
06-06-2014, 06:17 PM

My god it's pretty bad. Might as well rename this "Inside Lebron" and spam ads for his app. Millions in click through advertising.

The best part is how they will blatantly make shit up to protect him.

edrick
06-06-2014, 06:17 PM

You may think that there are more stans, but you're just not seeing all of the deleted threads created by the haters.

chocolatethunder
06-06-2014, 08:48 PM
Can't believe he's out of the league
As much as I like him, he did his best to make sure he wasn't in the league anymore.

ILLsmak
06-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Lebron was driving easily in the first half. The second half he couldn't drive. Great defense... or cramps, whatever one.

lol, they were doin rope a dope.

-Smak

GimmeThat
06-07-2014, 12:21 AM
When the opposing teams head coach specifically designs a defensive scheme just for a particular player. It's quite special, and may be a reflection of why the team has/had been effective against the particular player.

Because most head coaches don't design defensive schemes just for a player, but implement defensive systems while making adjustments based on the opponents strength.

pauk
06-07-2014, 12:45 AM
Um, Lebron did literally whatever he wanted against the Spurs defense last game, just before he cramped up immediately after crossing up Diaw for an easy layin... he did pretty damn fine i would say last Finals against them aswell....

This is not 2007.... where you can play zone 24-7 send 5 guys at him and let his scrubs brick wideopen shots...

DJ Leon Smith
06-07-2014, 05:25 AM
Um, Lebron did literally whatever he wanted against the Spurs defense last game, just before he cramped up immediately after crossing up Diaw for an easy layin... he did pretty damn fine i would say last Finals against them aswell....

This is not 2007.... where you can play zone 24-7 send 5 guys at him and let his scrubs brick wideopen shots...

But in the 2007 Finals six Cavaliers shot better from the field than LeBron.

R.I.P.
06-07-2014, 05:37 AM
http://warroomsports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Dallas-Mavericks.jpg

Mr. Jabbar
06-07-2014, 05:44 AM
http://www.landinails.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/kobe-bryant-blocks-lebron-james-ernns1ai.gif

Paul George 24
06-07-2014, 05:53 AM

SO WHAT........SPURS IN 6

PickernRoller
06-07-2014, 05:58 AM

Pauk getting ethered....:lol :lol

PickernRoller
06-07-2014, 06:03 AM

Was about to say.....

It's easy to score on the Spurs. Kobe never had issues. Outscoring them is another thing altogether. You have to stop them.

Bron is simply a mental midget who allowed himself to get locked up by Diaw......

He has snapped off it somewhat: game 7 was a solid performance - nothing else about that series (2013) comes remotely close. He started this series where he left off (cramp permitting)..... expected given his maturity and experience level at this stage in his career.

Still, he should be avering 35, 6, 6 least against the Spurs. Duncan is simply smoke in the paint and a shell of his former self. All the other clowns are also smoke. You go at Duncan time and time again in the paint and Duncan will budge. You also take the open jumpers when available. If they close up on you, drive to the rim.

Spurs were better defensively back in the day and they still got torched by the Mamba. Lebron's mental block is really something else at times.

SexSymbol
06-07-2014, 06:35 AM
:lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed:

aj1987
06-07-2014, 06:49 AM
The Cavs as a team shot under 40%. The Spurs' game plan was to stop LeBron and let his teammates get theirs. Worked pretty well.

When you're getting wide-open shots, you should be shooting more than 40%, BTW.

Trentknicks
06-07-2014, 06:56 AM
Was about to say.....

It's easy to score on the Spurs. Kobe never had issues. Outscoring them is another thing altogether. You have to stop them.

Bron is simply a mental midget who allowed himself to get locked up by Diaw......

He has snapped off it somewhat: game 7 was a solid performance - nothing else about that series (2013) comes remotely close. He started this series where he left off (cramp permitting)..... expected given his maturity and experience level at this stage in his career.

Still, he should be avering 35, 6, 6 least against the Spurs. Duncan is simply smoke in the paint and a shell of his former self. All the other clowns are also smoke. You go at Duncan time and time again in the paint and Duncan will budge. You also take the open jumpers when available. If they close up on you, drive to the rim.

Spurs were better defensively back in the day and they still got torched by the Mamba. Lebron's mental block is really something else at times.
You've successfully put the 3 main Laker fans agenda's in your post:
- Prop up Kobe
- Hate on Spurs/Duncan
- Hate on Lebron

And you still look like a moron.

Nero Tulip
06-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Was about to say.....

Kobe never even played this Spurs team in the playoffs. Since they got Leonard/Green/Splitter/Diaw, that's when they became elite.

red1
06-07-2014, 09:47 AM
- Prop up Kobe
- Hate on Spurs/Duncan
- Hate on Lebron

couldn't have said it better myself. these stans are something else

East_Stone_Ya
06-07-2014, 10:28 AM
can't believe Jackson ain't in a prison yet

r0drig0lac
06-07-2014, 11:28 AM
- Prop up Kobe
- Hate on Spurs/Duncan
- Hate on Lebron

:applause:

DJ Leon Smith
06-07-2014, 12:48 PM
The Cavs as a team shot under 40%. The Spurs' game plan was to stop LeBron and let his teammates get theirs. Worked pretty well.

When you're getting wide-open shots, you should be shooting more than 40%, BTW.

I thought LeBron always made the right choice to pass or shoot though. That's the excuse when he's passing up last second shots and/or being outscored by four other players in the NBA Finals. If he's got six other players shooting a higher percentage than him maybe he should pass it off and they wouldn't have got swept

Just2McFly
06-07-2014, 01:45 PM
I would hope so since they didn't have the whole team watching their every move and bruce bowen guarding them

MiseryCityTexas
06-08-2014, 06:14 AM
Well that means nobody can guard Lebron then.

joeysms55
06-08-2014, 07:32 AM

With his post game, I don't think they can still guard him now

joeysms55
06-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Marion is a good post defender and has long arms to swipe at the ball. He's a much more experienced/better than Kawhi (and all of the other defenders on the Spurs). Plus you have old man strength Kidd to help out in the post and sit on LeBrons lap (pretty much).

2011 Mavs are mad underrated.

Kidd won't be able to defend him with his post game now simply because Lebron size and strength will just dominate him. In terms of Marion, I still don't think so. His a good defender but even Ibaka (strength) and Paul George (long arms) had trouble guarding James in the post.

MiseryCityTexas
06-08-2014, 08:50 AM

Dirk should have won more championships in his career with the teams he's played on, and this is coming from a Mavs hater.

Take Your Lumps
06-08-2014, 09:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7RuE8hlk8

LOL @ the fatass with the finger point (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7RuE8hlk8#t=102) in the background at 01:43

GimmeThat
06-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Yes.

Pau Gasol can create his own shot.