PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Theory on Why LeBron Cramped Up

eliteballer
06-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Courtesy of our own Artillery:

It's because of HGH. None of the Spurs players are juicing so the heat won't affect them. Lebron, Wade, are both on HGH so the lack of AC really bothers them. I made a post on this already:

Masking agents are compounds that are taken with the purpose of hiding or "masking" the presence of specific illegal drugs that are screened for doping testing. Masking agents have the potential to impair or conceal the banned substance in the urine. Diuretics can be regarded as "masking" agents due to the dilution of the urine, which results in lower levels of the banned substance being excreted from the body.

Why did Lebron have heat-related cramps in game 1? It's most likely from using a diuretic - either as a masking agent, or because of fluid retention (especially from HGH.) A lot of diuretics cause potassium loss, and THAT will make you cramp up like a bitch. If he's already running on the low side with potassium, being on an unexpectedly hot floor would really make it worse, and make it hard to get the potassium level back up quickly.

There are potassium-sparing diuretics, like spironolactone, but those are the things they are looking for in piss tests, for obvious reasons. None of the undetectable (or less detectable) masking agents that I know of are potassium sparing. Also, HGH causes fluid retention. If you take a serious amount of it, it IS going to cause you to retain fluid, and you pretty much have to take a diuretic. And, once again, the potassium-sparing ones will get your ass busted in a piss test.

I'm not saying LeBron is juicing. I don't know. But if he is, it would sure make sense that he would be taking a diuretic, and would get shit-hammered from the abnormal fluid loss tonight. It might also explain why he seems to have recurring problems with cramps. If he's not juicing, he should probably have his kidneys checked.

Keep in mind, that while the NBA bans HGH, they don't actually test for it, per Silver.

red1
06-07-2014, 03:28 PM
this is getting out of hand

iznogood
06-07-2014, 03:35 PM
How exactly does he know James is juicing and nobody on the Spurs team does?:rolleyes:

NumberSix
06-07-2014, 03:37 PM
The NBA doesn't test for HGH. Why exactly would he be dehydrating himself with masking agents?

NumberSix
06-07-2014, 03:38 PM
We all know why LeBron cramped up. He was bussin' too many nutts in San Antonio. He luhs dem big womens.

eliteballer
06-07-2014, 03:40 PM
The NBA doesn't test for HGH. Why exactly would he be dehydrating himself with masking agents?

In the OP:

Also, HGH causes fluid retention. If you take a serious amount of it, it IS going to cause you to retain fluid, and you pretty much have to take a diuretic.

NumberSix
06-07-2014, 03:43 PM
In the OP:
I wouldn't be shocked if he uses HGH, but I don't think the fact that he has had like 3 cramps in an 11 year career is overly convincing evidence.

aj1987
06-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Why would LeBron take a diuretic, when he knows that he can sweat out a ton of water just playing basketball?

NumberSix
06-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Why would LeBron take a diuretic, when he knows that he can sweat out a ton of water just playing basketball?
Because........ :confusedshrug:

Scoooter
06-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Another take. (http://regressing.deadspin.com/everything-you-know-about-cramps-is-wrong-and-gatorade-1587102837/+kylenw) Boring, but plausible.

VengefulAngel
06-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Occam's Razor....

Fudge
06-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Wait, you still consider this a theory? Shit is a known fact by now.

ThePhantomCreep
06-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Obvious juicing is obvious.

lol @ the pure, wholesome Spurs being totally clean though. Doubtful.

NumberSix
06-07-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm sticking by my theory of bussin too many nutts in chunky Mexican chicks.