PDA

View Full Version : How many titles would Shaq have playing for the Spurs his whole career?

Straight_Ballin
06-07-2014, 05:34 PM
5, 6, 7?

ThePhantomCreep
06-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Shaq's Orlando and pre-starter Kobe Lakers were arguably more stacked (0 rings), so three, maybe four.

DFish24
06-07-2014, 05:56 PM
0-1 ring. Dude couldn't get it done with Penny, Eddie Jones, or Van Exel. It wasn't until Kobe became Kobe that he started winning rings.

Straight_Ballin
06-07-2014, 06:00 PM
In a Pop system, you don't get a lazy Shaq.

An old Shaq winning it with Wade negates Kobe factor completely

Take the most dominant player ever in the history of the game and put him under a coach that won't tolerate a half ass work effort?

Possibilities are endless. Winning rings in any year that Jordan isn't playing.

I mean damn, just look at Duncan who at 38 is unstoppable a true testament of Pop's greatness.

kennethgriffin
06-07-2014, 06:04 PM
but lets be serious for a moment... shaqs a journey man. he left on bad terms with everyone.

just the thought of shaq being with the same team for more than 8 years is somewhat laughable

:lol

ThePhantomCreep
06-07-2014, 06:18 PM
In a Pop system, you don't get a lazy Shaq.

An old Shaq winning it with Wade negates Kobe factor completely

Take the most dominant player ever in the history of the game and put him under a coach that won't tolerate a half ass work effort?

Possibilities are endless. Winning rings in any year that Jordan isn't playing.

I mean damn, just look at Duncan who at 38 is unstoppable a true testament of Pop's greatness.

The overrating of Deisel is ridiculous. Most dominant ever in the history of basketball?? Then why was he getting swept out year after year after year before Kobe blossomed into a star? It's not like Shaq was playing with garbage a'la pre-Pippen Jordan, pre-1993 Hakeem, or mid-70's Kareem. The 1994-1996 Magic and 1997-1998 Lakers were supremely stacked.

If Shaq could get lazy under the GOAT coach, he could lazy under anyone. Pop would likely be fired if he kept giving O'Neil shit and they weren't backing it up with rings.

DFish24
06-07-2014, 06:19 PM
The overrating of Deisel is ridiculous. Most dominant ever in the history of basketball?? Then why was he getting swept out year after year after year before Kobe blossomed into a star? It's not like Shaq was playing with garbage a'la pre-Pippen Jordan, pre-1993 Hakeem, or mid-70's Kareem. The 1994-1996 Magic and 1997-1998 Lakers were supremely stacked.

If Shaq could get lazy under the GOAT coach, he could lazy under anyone. Pop would likely be fired if he kept giving O'Neil shit and they weren't backing it up with rings.

:applause: :applause:

BlkMambaGOAT
06-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Shaq forms twin towers with David Robinson and then he forms twin towers with Duncan?

At least 8 rings.

GODbe
06-07-2014, 06:22 PM
The overrating of Deisel is ridiculous. Most dominant ever in the history of basketball?? Then why was he getting swept out year after year after year before Kobe blossomed into a star? It's not like Shaq was playing with garbage a'la pre-1993 Hakeem, or mid-70's Kareem. The 1994-1996 Magic and 1997-1998 Lakers were supremely stacked.

:applause:

D-Rose
06-07-2014, 06:24 PM

Oh my God, this forum has hit a new low :facepalm

ThePhantomCreep
06-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Oh my God, this forum has hit a new low :facepalm

I take it you have a solid, non-excuse riddled explanation why Shaq, "the most dominant player in the history of basketball", was getting swept out year after year on talent-laden clubs in the mid-late 90's.

If so, please share.

AirFederer
06-07-2014, 06:40 PM
8 to 10.

ralph_i_el
06-07-2014, 08:28 PM
The overrating of Deisel is ridiculous. Most dominant ever in the history of basketball?? Then why was he getting swept out year after year after year before Kobe blossomed into a star?

:facepalm He made the finals in his first 4 years and lost an ECF to Jordan. Look at what other all time greats did in their first 4 years. Nobody just comes into the league and stats winning chips as the man.

GODbe
06-07-2014, 08:36 PM
:facepalm He made the finals in his first 4 years and lost an ECF to Jordan. Look at what other all time greats did in their first 4 years. Nobody just comes into the league and stats winning chips as the man.
Kobe did :confusedshrug: .

rzp
06-07-2014, 08:51 PM
8 to 10.

agreed

ralph_i_el
06-08-2014, 12:08 AM
Kobe did :confusedshrug: .
There's no use arguing with people that think Kobe came in and was the man on those teams. pure delusion

Kobe was on 1 finals team in his first 4 years and he shot under 37% over those 6 games.

Kobe stans give Kobe credit for every little accomplishment and give him full credit for every lakers accomplishment in his whole career....then you hold every other star to impossible standards. You're just delusional and it's embarrassing honestly.

r0drig0lac
06-08-2014, 12:23 AM
:facepalm He made the finals in his first 4 years and lost an ECF to Jordan. Look at what other all time greats did in their first 4 years. Nobody just comes into the league and stats winning chips as the man.timmy

GimmeThat
06-08-2014, 01:48 AM
3-5 if he abused his body the way he did throughout his career
6-7 if he was a Spurs since day one and had a great and healthy relationship with Pop
8-10 if he really loved basketball that much, and could play for 15-20 years.

Which would of course, include time that is way past his prime.

DCL
06-08-2014, 03:01 AM
shaq and duncan together??? that's front court of the millenium.

KevinNYC
06-08-2014, 03:56 AM
but lets be serious for a moment... shaqs a journey man. he left on bad terms with everyone.

just the thought of shaq being with the same team for more than 8 years is somewhat laughable

:lol

That's not the definition of a journeyman.

noun
* a trained worker who is employed by someone else.

* a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
"a solid journeyman professional"

VIntageNOvel
06-08-2014, 03:58 AM

Magic Earvin Johnson
and he did it with aids

accomplishment x1000

the current era of superstar went down from a cramp :facepalm

Kiddlovesnets
06-08-2014, 04:52 PM
I am not really sure Shaq and Popovich would get along well.

houston
06-08-2014, 09:59 PM
none without great wing help

JellyBean
06-08-2014, 10:16 PM
:confusedshrug: Would he play with more passion like he did for the Lakers under Phil or be the headache he was for Del Harris? If Shaq was in the right frame of mind and he played for the Spurs and all things were the same, just replacing Duncan with Shaq, I would say that 4 rings. But it all depends on what type of Shaq you got.

Since Pop is a military guy and Shaq's father was a military guy, I think Pop would have been able to motivate Shaq and the Spurs would have won 4-5 rings.

-23-
06-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Robinson + Duncan + Shaq? LOL. 10 rings minimum