Heat in 5: 20%
Heat in 7: 20%
Spurs in 7: 5%
Spurs in 6: 3%
Spurs in 5: 1.9%
Spurs in 4: 0.1%

J Shuttlesworth
06-07-2014, 06:18 PM
I hope you're right. I hope that the Spurs choke as hard as they did last year tbh :lol Would make the meltdowns that much sweeter/hilarious

BlkMambaGOAT
06-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Heat in 6: 50%
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

SyRyanYang
06-07-2014, 06:29 PM
wow, they actually add up to 100%
dat math:bowdown:

NumberSix
06-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Heat in 6 :pimp:

TMT
06-07-2014, 06:33 PM
I hope you're right. I hope that the Spurs choke as hard as they did last year tbh :lol Would make the meltdowns that much sweeter/hilarious

Funny how you want your team to succeed not based by their own capabilities but on your opponent's mishaps. What a quality fan. :oldlol:

BlkMambaGOAT
06-07-2014, 06:47 PM
Funny how you want your team to succeed not based by their own capabilities but on your opponent's mishaps. What a quality fan. :oldlol:
http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/built-bought-spurs-heat-billboard.jpeg
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Blue&Orange
06-07-2014, 08:26 PM
http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/built-bought-spurs-heat-billboard.jpeg

They built the AC instead of buying it?

poido123
06-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Series Winner - NBA CSHIP SA-MIA Series Win

Bet Win Odds
San Antonio Spurs 1.43
Miami Heat 2.85

Just copy/pasted the sportingbet odds of winning the series from over here in Australia.

This must be an ISH poll right? Bookies think Spurs will win series.

Paul George 24
06-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Spurs In 6,in Duncan "goat Pf" We Trust

J Shuttlesworth
06-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Funny how there was a game 7 last year, and my team beat yours with their capabilities. Let's face it. The Spurs fans deserve another choke after trying to discredit Miami for winning the series last year

Paul George 24
06-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Funny how there was a game 7 last year, and my team beat yours with their capabilities. Let's face it. The Spurs fans deserve another choke after trying to discredit Miami for winning the series last year
MIAMI WILL NOT AS LUCKY AS LAST YEAR THIS TIME

poido123
06-07-2014, 08:42 PM

They had every right to feel ripped off. :confusedshrug:

That was some lucky ass Bullshit in the last 30 seconds. That game was good as done.

toxicxr6
06-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Given the team that wins game 1 of the nba finals go onto win 70% of the time

I would say your prediction is about as useful as a poo flavoured lollipop

J Shuttlesworth
06-07-2014, 08:44 PM
They had every right to feel ripped off. :confusedshrug:

That was some lucky ass Bullshit in the last 30 seconds. That game was good as done.
Meh 5 pt game, LeBron cuts it to two.... it's no guarantee you're gonna make both free throws. Plus Spurs were lucky all series w/ Danny Green going berserk. Still stupid to disrespect Miami for fighting back and not giving up and act like they didn't earn it in the end. They made one more play, that was all there is to it.

poido123
06-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Meh 5 pt game, LeBron cuts it to two.... it's no guarantee you're gonna make both free throws. Plus Spurs were lucky all series w/ Danny Green going berserk. Still stupid to disrespect Miami for fighting back and not giving up and act like they didn't earn it in the end. They made one more play, that was all there is to it.

It was in the bag man.

A 5 point lead with 30 seconds to go is going to win you a playoffs game 9.999 times out of 10.

You guys talk a lot about Green going berserk, but if you watched game 1 of this series, you will know that Green goes on these crazy ass streaks and knocks 3s down in bunches.

You say a fightback, I'd say they were pretty disappointing up til that point and desperation kicked in when they realised another 2011 was upon them.

They deserved the first title, they won against OKC convincingly, but they kinda fell in against the Spurs last year.

J Shuttlesworth
06-07-2014, 09:02 PM
It was in the bag man.

A 5 point lead with 30 seconds to go is going to win you a playoffs game 9.999 times out of 10.

You guys talk a lot about Green going berserk, but if you watched game 1 of this series, you will know that Green goes on these crazy ass streaks and knocks 3s down in bunches.

You say a fightback, I'd say they were pretty disappointing up til that point and desperation kicked in when they realised another 2011 was upon them.

They deserved the first title, they won against OKC convincingly, but they kinda fell in against the Spurs last year.
Spurs are just about the greatest choking franchise left though, and we've seen crazier shit happen with 30 seconds left than a 5 point lead. Reggie Miller anyone? The point is you never give up because the game isn't in the bag until it's over. Both teams had their situations where they had to show mental toughness. For the Heat, it was down 5 with 28 seconds left, and they showed they can battle back. Plus, there was still overtime after Ray Allen made that shot. The Spurs had their chance to take it back there, but they didn't. After that, they had game 7 to take it back, but ultimately didn't. Miami fought back when their back was against the wall, but Spurs weren't able to take it back after game 6 4q. There was an even slate to win the chip in game 7 (or game 6 OT if you're the spurs), but the Heat won because they were the overall better team.

poido123
06-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Spurs are just about the greatest choking franchise left though, and we've seen crazier shit happen with 30 seconds left than a 5 point lead. Reggie Miller anyone? The point is you never give up because the game isn't in the bag until it's over. Both teams had their situations where they had to show mental toughness. For the Heat, it was down 5 with 28 seconds left, and they showed they can battle back. Plus, there was still overtime after Ray Allen made that shot. The Spurs had their chance to take it back there, but they didn't. After that, they had game 7 to take it back, but ultimately didn't. Miami fought back when their back was against the wall, but Spurs weren't able to take it back after game 6 4q. There was an even slate to win the chip in game 7 (or game 6 OT if you're the spurs), but the Heat won because they were the overall better team.

The series was over after that Allen shot. No way you recover from that. Spurs were clearly trying to hang on and all the momentum swung the other way.

I disagree that the Heat were the better overall team. I think they were both pretty evenly matched since both teams had the opportunity to win the series.

Warfan
06-07-2014, 09:40 PM
The series was over after that Allen shot. No way you recover from that. Spurs were clearly trying to hang on and all the momentum swung the other way.

I disagree that the Heat were the better overall team. I think they were both pretty evenly matched since both teams had the opportunity to win the series.

TP still had a chance to make that floater/jumper in the last few seconds of regulation. What if Manu makes the layup in the last 3 seconds of OT instead of turning it over? What if Duncan makes that bunny in game 7? I don't think its fair to say that series was over before OT even started in game 6. No doubt it was a HUGE mental blow though...

The Heat still had to win in overtime and in game 7. Spurs had their chances and choked, while Miami made big plays. The Spurs literally had 4/5 plays where they could have won the series after Ray's shot, and it aint like they got blown out in game 7 either.

J Shuttlesworth
06-07-2014, 09:44 PM

I'd agree about evenly matched, but I think the length of the series favored the Heat over the Spurs... 7 games and HCA works in the favor of the Heat with their big 3 being younger. Athleticism/longevity is part of being the better team, which is why I consider Heat the better team (not to mention that they won)

But the series being over after the allen shot... I think if there's a team that could recover from that, it'd be the Spurs but they didn't. Overtime was still there for the taking, but the Spurs didn't manage it.

poido123
06-07-2014, 09:45 PM
TP still had a chance to make that floater/jumper in the last few seconds of regulation. What if Manu makes the layup in the last 3 seconds of OT instead of turning it over? What if Duncan makes that bunny in game 7? I don't think its fair to say that series was over before OT even started in game 6. No doubt it was a HUGE mental blow though...

The Heat still had to win in overtime and in game 7. Spurs had their chances and choked, while Miami made big plays. The Spurs literally had 4/5 plays where they could have won the series after Ray's shot, and it aint like they got blown out in game 7 either.

I don't know, I just got that feeling that they had lost their chance after that ray allen 3 mentally crushed them.

Game 7 was unwinnable IMO. When Lebron is playing like that with determination and agressiveness, while Wade is providing good support, you just can't beat them.

poido123
06-07-2014, 09:49 PM
I'd agree about evenly matched, but I think the length of the series favored the Heat over the Spurs... 7 games and HCA works in the favor of the Heat with their big 3 being younger. Athleticism/longevity is part of being the better team, which is why I consider Heat the better team (not to mention that they won)

But the series being over after the allen shot... I think if there's a team that could recover from that, it'd be the Spurs but they didn't. Overtime was still there for the taking, but the Spurs didn't manage it.

I think one of the clutchest shots in history would kill anyone mentally, but that's my opinion. You could sense that the Spurs had all but given up hope of holding the Heat out once the Heat got the momentum and urgency back.

J Shuttlesworth
06-07-2014, 09:51 PM
I think one of the clutchest shots in history would kill anyone mentally, but that's my opinion. You could sense that the Spurs had all but given up hope of holding the Heat out once the Heat got the momentum and urgency back.
I dunno man... it's not like they got blown out in game 7. They still kept it competitive, but LeBron had the game he was due for. Plus if they had won in overtime or game 7, then Ray Allen's shot would no longer be considered the greatest shot in history.

poido123
06-07-2014, 09:56 PM
I dunno man... it's not like they got blown out in game 7. They still kept it competitive, but LeBron had the game he was due for. Plus if they had won in overtime or game 7, then Ray Allen's shot would no longer be considered the greatest shot in history.

I don't think game 7 was in doubt.

You get a vibe from some games, the Heat were locked in and were not going to let anyone win that one.

I'm going to rewatch that game now and see if I notice any difference from when I first watched it.

NumberSix
06-07-2014, 09:57 PM
It was in the bag man.
Apparently not.

ninephive
06-07-2014, 10:02 PM
Heat in 4: 0.0%

poido123
06-07-2014, 10:11 PM

Just rewatched overtime game 6.

I thought Spurs were a little stiff on what I saw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76TxrkVc2W8

At 3.49, how is that not an offensive foul? James forearm pushes straight into Green's chest there. Didn't matter too much, since the Spurs got the ball anyway as it was out off james.

At 6.17, I was trying to look for the foul called on the Spurs. Looked like a jump ball between Duncan and Bosh to me?

At 7.22, ginobili drove to the hole and no call. Commentators said there was a hit across the arm which would of resulted in 2 free throws with only 1.9 remaining on the clock...

2 of these plays would result in Spurs possibly wining the game. Both went miami's way..

J Shuttlesworth
06-07-2014, 10:39 PM

At 3.49, how is that not an offensive foul? James forearm pushes straight into Green's chest there. Didn't matter too much, since the Spurs got the ball anyway as it was out off james.

At 6.17, I was trying to look for the foul called on the Spurs. Looked like a jump ball between Duncan and Bosh to me?

At 7.22, ginobili drove to the hole and no call. Commentators said there was a hit across the arm which would of resulted in 2 free throws with only 1.9 remaining on the clock...

2 of these plays would result in Spurs possibly wining the game. Both went miami's way..

lol I should have figured you would go all "russwest" and blame the refs. Anything to discredit the heat :rolleyes:

I like how you pointed out all the bad calls at the end of the game, but also failed to point out the illegal substitution Popovich made, which should have been a technical, and a free throw for Ray Allen after his 3 to end the game with no overtime necessary. You can go through any game and nit pick bad calls on both sides. Unless you're advocating rigging, I'm really not sure of the point.

poido123
06-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Watched part of the 3rd and all of the 4th of game 7 last year.

That Chalmers heave before the end of the 3rd went in :lol

Battier 6 from 7 down town :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GI0BO-jQ8I

Here's the calls i thought were wrong:

At 1:07.45 Lane violation was called on the Heat, but in actual fact Duncan broke the line first.

At 1:08.28, Parker looked like he was tripped by Birdman, Wade jumped on Parker's head but also got hand on the ball. Regardless, I thought it was still a foul.

LOL at the clear path foul discussion 1:12-1:13.31. They asked Steve Javi on the sidelines, if its a clear path foul, he says it was, whether wade was standing or not. The oncourt ruling says wade was not deprived of an opportunity to score. Talk about inconsistency :lol

At 1:16.45, how is that not a foul? Bosh has a hand right in Duncan's back and as Duncan bangs into the basket, Bosh is really riding him hard. I know refs don't always call that, but it definately should be.

Eric Cartman
06-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Honestly, Heat in 6.

poido123
06-07-2014, 11:26 PM
lol I should have figured you would go all "russwest" and blame the refs. Anything to discredit the heat :rolleyes:

I like how you pointed out all the bad calls at the end of the game, but also failed to point out the illegal substitution Popovich made, which should have been a technical, and a free throw for Ray Allen after his 3 to end the game with no overtime necessary. You can go through any game and nit pick bad calls on both sides. Unless you're advocating rigging, I'm really not sure of the point.

It's one thing to flat out make shit up, it's another thing to point out the facts and prove what you're saying...

I was just watching it, I had a close look at the controversial calls, replayed them and that's what I saw? :confusedshrug:

BTW, I had a look back at the illegal substitution that you brought up.

I think you are refering to the commentators saying that the spurs had an opportunity to talk things over because of the video replay going on. Is that what you're referring to? There's nothing that I could see to suggest the "illegal substitution".

Please show me where it is and who says it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDo8J07hvE from 1:51.21

poido123
06-07-2014, 11:46 PM

Please, I'd like you to clarify this. I could not see the illegal substitution you are referring to?

:confusedshrug:

Spurs5Rings2014
06-07-2014, 11:47 PM

Yeah, they really wanted the cHeat to repeat so they go all the calls down the stretch. Remember, it's not how many calls each team get, it's the wrong calls at the right time that decide games and cHeat got handed their 2nd ship just like in 2012.

Getting real tired of Bran stan cHeat bandwagon fans like Buttlesworth or w/e talking about Green being lucky when Chalmers is chucking half court shots in Game 7 and making them at half time and Battier is going 6 for 7 from down town. Obviously didn't actually watch the games or series and is just a troll biased fanboy because if he did he'd know that Green was making 3's from games 1 to 5 then made about 1 in games 6 and 7 combined due to Miami starting to finally run him off the 3-point line.

But yes, good job proving you and your ilk don't even watch the games, though and just like to troll everyone on the forums and be a bandwagon fan. After we whoop you boys again will be nice watching you disappear off these forums forever.

J Shuttlesworth
06-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Please, I'd like you to clarify this. I could not see the illegal substitution you are referring to?

:confusedshrug:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1678104-tim-duncan-may-have-been-illegally-substituted-in-during-game-6-of-nba-finals

poido123
06-07-2014, 11:53 PM
Yeah, they really wanted the cHeat to repeat so they go all the calls down the stretch. Remember, it's not how many calls each team get, it's the wrong calls at the right time that decide games and cHeat got handed their 2nd ship just like in 2012.

Getting real tired of Bran stan cHeat bandwagon fans like Buttlesworth or w/e talking about Green being lucky when Chalmers is chucking half court shots in Game 7 and making them at half time and Battier is going 6 for 7 from down town. Obviously didn't actually watch the games or series and is just a troll biased fanboy because if he did he'd know that Green was making 3's from games 1 to 5 then made about 1 in games 6 and 7 combined due to Miami starting to finally run him off the 3-point line.

But yes, good job proving you and your ilk don't even watch the games, though and just like to troll everyone on the forums and be a bandwagon fan. After we whoop you boys again will be nice watching you disappear off these forums forever.

He's not one of the bad fans.

There are a lot worse here, I can tell you.

He tries to be impartial or levelheaded, but when faced with factual criticism of the Heat, he will also get rather defensive. You can't blame him for that, all fans can get defensive of their team.

J Shuttlesworth
06-07-2014, 11:54 PM
But yeah you're really not gonna get by trying to argue this series was rigged for the Heat. They took the least FTA in a 7 game series despite being a drive heavy team. Even though they played off of bron/wade, lowest FTA ever is pretty ridiculous. I could go through and nitpick calls against the Heat too but it's redundant, and irrelevant unless you truly believe the NBA is rigged.... which would bring along the question why someone would watch it if they believed it was rigged.

poido123
06-08-2014, 12:01 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1678104-tim-duncan-may-have-been-illegally-substituted-in-during-game-6-of-nba-finals

Wow.

Although I thought game 6 overtime was poorly officiated it wouldn't of mattered.

I stand corrected.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2014, 12:07 AM
Wow.

Although I thought game 6 overtime was poorly officiated it wouldn't of mattered.

I stand corrected.
And that's just one of many. Games 1-5, the Spurs were getting away with a lot of the shit the heat were getting away w/ in game 6. Heat were hardly getting whistles at the basket most of the series. Again, you can go through each game and point out bad calls on each side but it doesn't change a thing. This wasn't game 6 of the 2002 WCF. I've never seen any un-biased basketball fan act like game 6 Heat/spurs was rigged, or the series for that matter. There's bad reffing in stretches but it works against both teams. There was nothing that was really controversial... nothing like OKC/Clippers game 5 this year. I know you're trying to discredit the Heat with all your will, but none of the calls were really as controversial as you're making them out to be.

In fact the most controversial call would have been the illegal sub, if the Spurs HAD made the shot at the end of regulation, but they didn't.

poido123
06-08-2014, 12:14 AM
And that's just one of many. Games 1-5, the Spurs were getting away with a lot of the shit the heat were getting away w/ in game 6. Heat were hardly getting whistles at the basket most of the series. Again, you can go through each game and point out bad calls on each side but it doesn't change a thing. This wasn't game 6 of the 2002 WCF. I've never seen any un-biased basketball fan act like game 6 Heat/spurs was rigged, or the series for that matter. There's bad reffing in stretches but it works against both teams. There was nothing that was really controversial... nothing like OKC/Clippers game 5 this year. I know you're trying to discredit the Heat with all your will, but none of the calls were really as controversial as you're making them out to be.

In fact the most controversial call would have been the illegal sub, if the Spurs HAD made the shot at the end of regulation, but they didn't.

That isn't true.

From what I saw on that video, they were the fouls in question and unless you have a contrasting view on it, then how can you just flat out say I'm wrong or discrediting the Heat?

I rewatched the end of game 6, i rewatched game 6 overtime, I rewatched part of 3rd quarter game 7 and all of 4th quarter. Those were the fouls or non-calls that I saw.

Please feel free to argue what you saw?

poido123
06-08-2014, 12:16 AM

You're talking about a call missed in all the drama and commotion going on in that part of the game which I could see them fcking up for any team.

It wasn't like a call made or missed where the referees had full controll and focus over what's happening? :confusedshrug:

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2014, 12:24 AM
That isn't true.

From what I saw on that video, they were the fouls in question and unless you have a contrasting view on it, then how can you just flat out say I'm wrong or discrediting the Heat?

I rewatched the end of game 6, i rewatched game 6 overtime, I rewatched part of 3rd quarter game 7 and all of 4th quarter. Those were the fouls or non-calls that I saw.

Please feel free to argue what you saw?
Meh I'm really not interested in going over each call individually. You're missing the overall point. The Heat weren't the only ones who benefit from calls in that series. See games 1-5. I could go through footage and find bad calls in favor of the Spurs but honestly, I don't care that much. This series obviously wasn't rigged otherwise we would see a ton more free throws from the Heat. If this was the 06 finals, I could see an argument. None of the unbiased posters I've seen here have blamed the refs for the Spurs loss. Again, this isn't the 02 WCF where there were some HUGE questionable calls.

And you're obviously trying your hardest to discredit the Heat. First you were pinning it all on luck, and now you're going for the ref angle. I may as well be talking to russwest right now

poido123
06-08-2014, 12:53 AM
Meh I'm really not interested in going over each call individually. You're missing the overall point. The Heat weren't the only ones who benefit from calls in that series. See games 1-5. I could go through footage and find bad calls in favor of the Spurs but honestly, I don't care that much. This series obviously wasn't rigged otherwise we would see a ton more free throws from the Heat. If this was the 06 finals, I could see an argument. None of the unbiased posters I've seen here have blamed the refs for the Spurs loss. Again, this isn't the 02 WCF where there were some HUGE questionable calls.

And you're obviously trying your hardest to discredit the Heat. First you were pinning it all on luck, and now you're going for the ref angle. I may as well be talking to russwest right now

No, I don't think you would hear anyone say last year was rigged. Most Spurs conceded any kind of argument, after they had the opportunity to win a few times, but had their own players fck up when they had the chance.

Trying my hardest to discredit the Heat? I'd be pulling up every game if that was case and outlining all the calls from every game.

You don't care to pull up bad calls, because your team has won anyway, why would you bother? :oldlol:

But for the record, game 6 overtime was reffed poorly. Go and have a look for yourself.

What does it matter if you benefit from calls during say the 1st quarter, compared to say the end of game 6, overtime or the end of game 7?

You have to look at context there.

My first point is fact.

Teams with a 5 point lead, 30 seconds to go will win more often than not. The fightback thing doesn't really apply here :facepalm

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2014, 01:03 AM
You don't care to pull up bad calls, because your team has won anyway, why would you bother? :oldlol:
Well I could do this for games in which I have no rooting interest... say Clips vs. Thunder. I could pull up the obvious calls like the out of bounds play that was reviewed and called the wrong way... but there wasn't anything close to that in the Heat/Spurs series. It's really not worth the time. Once again, you can go through ANY game and find shit calls on both sides that effect the outcome of the game whether early or late.

But for the record, game 6 overtime was reffed poorly. Go and have a look for yourself.
I don't really care to look back but we basically agreed if we're counting bad calls, overtime is pretty much null due to the missed illegal sub.

What does it matter if you benefit from calls during say the 1st quarter, compared to say the end of game 6, overtime or the end of game 7?

You have to look at context there.

My first point is fact.
This is bullshit. Of course bad calls in the first quarter could affect the outcome of the game. I remember Lakers/Kings series (i think it was game 6) someone on the Kings made a 3 at half time, but they didn't count the shot even though the replay showed it was on time. You can't say that didn't effect the outcome of the game. Missed calls early will affect what situation you are in late in the game. Obviously, every point matters in every quarter so every call will too.

Teams with a 5 point lead, 30 seconds to go will win more often than not. The fightback thing doesn't really apply here :facepalm
Ok so what? There have been many great come backs in history where a player fought till the very last second and secured the win. Reggie Miller destroyed a 6 point lead w/ 17 seconds left, so there's no real reason to say the game was in the bag when the Heat had 27 seconds w/ a 5 pt defecit. More often than not, a player like Danny Green won't set a 3 point record in the finals, but he did. If it was Steph Curry, I could understand, but Danny Green? More often than not, Parker will not make the 3 in game 6 that put them up 4 ( i think)... but all that's irrelevant because a team can battle back to overcome odds.

poido123
06-08-2014, 01:10 AM
Well I could do this for games in which I have no rooting interest... say Clips vs. Thunder. I could pull up the obvious calls like the out of bounds play that was reviewed and called the wrong way... but there wasn't anything close to that in the Heat/Spurs series. It's really not worth the time. Once again, you can go through ANY game and find shit calls on both sides that effect the outcome of the game whether early or late.

I don't really care to look back but we basically agreed if we're counting bad calls, overtime is pretty much null due to the missed illegal sub.

This is bullshit. Of course bad calls in the first quarter could affect the outcome of the game. I remember Lakers/Kings series (i think it was game 6) someone on the Kings made a 3 at half time, but they didn't count the shot even though the replay showed it was on time. You can't say that didn't effect the outcome of the game. Missed calls early will affect what situation you are in late in the game. Obviously, every point matters in every quarter so every call will too.

Ok so what? There have been many great come backs in history where a player fought till the very last second and secured the win. Reggie Miller destroyed a 6 point lead w/ 17 seconds left, so there's no real reason to say the game was in the bag when the Heat had 27 seconds w/ a 5 pt defecit. More often than not, a player like Danny Green won't set a 3 point record in the finals, but he did. If it was Steph Curry, I could understand, but Danny Green? More often than not, Parker will not make the 3 in game 6 that put them up 4 ( i think)... but all that's irrelevant because a team can battle back to overcome odds.

Again context.

Bad calls made in the first quarter will not hold the same weight as say bad calls made in key moments late in a game or a close game of a 4th quarter where every single call counts and can cause major momentum swings.

You are arguing individual examples of a FEW situations of such a comeback as your reasoning?

That's like arguing that I have a good chance of winning lotto because other people in my area have won it :oldlol:

BigBoss
06-08-2014, 01:11 AM
All I know is 2 for 5 in the NBA finals = 40%

Guess whose win percentage that is in the NBA finals?

Lebron James.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2014, 01:17 AM
Again context.

Bad calls made in the first quarter will not hold the same weight as say bad calls made in key moments late in a game or a close game of a 4th quarter where every single call counts.

You are arguing individual examples of a FEW situations of such a comeback as your reasoning?

That's like arguing that I have a good chance of winning lotto because other people in my area have won it :oldlol:
Every single call counts the whole game. A bad call resulting in two free throws will hurt the other team by 2 points regardless of what quarter it is, and those two points could be the deciding factor of the game, unless the calls are balanced out/overall even on each side. Even then, there's only so much refs can do in live action that it's hard to fault them unless we see something insane like the Kings/Lakers game 6, or a play that's reviewed and still called wrong.

And i'm not sure what your point is. Obviously the odds were against the Heat in game 6, but Ray/Bron made their 3's, Bosh got the offensive rebound, and the heat made a defensive stop to force OT. Crazier things have happened. The Heat had the mental toughness to battle back through it and the Spurs missed their free throws. It sounds like you think the should've given up or something :facepalm

moe94
06-08-2014, 01:23 AM
They built the AC instead of buying it?
:roll:

post of the year

poido123
06-08-2014, 01:25 AM
Every single call counts the whole game. A bad call resulting in two free throws will hurt the other team by 2 points regardless of what quarter it is, and those two points could be the deciding factor of the game, unless the calls are balanced out/overall even on each side. Even then, there's only so much refs can do in live action that it's hard to fault them unless we see something insane like the Kings/Lakers game 6, or a play that's reviewed and still called wrong.

And i'm not sure what your point is. Obviously the odds were against the Heat in game 6, but Ray/Bron made their 3's, Bosh got the offensive rebound, and the heat made a defensive stop to force OT. Crazier things have happened. The Heat had the mental toughness to battle back through it and the Spurs missed their free throws. It sounds like you think the should've given up or something :facepalm

Crazier things have not happened. That's the thing :oldlol: That sequence of fortune we saw and the chances of it happening are astronomical :lol Especially in such a big game where defenses are locked in and more aware.

Anyways, my point is it was the Spurs who lost the series, they had the title barring a monumental collapse which we saw.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2014, 01:29 AM
Crazier things have not happened. That's the thing :oldlol: That sequence of fortune we saw and the chances of it happening are astronomical :lol Especially in such a big game where defenses are locked in and more aware.

Anyways, my point is it was the Spurs who lost the series, they had the title barring a monumental collapse which we saw.
There have been a few crazier comebacks than this one... hell I remember one happened against the heat in the regular season a couple years ago. Can't remember who it was, but someone pulled a T-Mac and scored a quick quick 13 points. Reggie Miller scored a quick 8 points to overcome a 7 pt deficit in 17 seconds, which is crazier than what the Heat did if you take away the fact that it's the finals. So yes, crazier things have happened.

And once again, the chances of a player like Danny Green beating Ray Allen's 3 point finals record in 5 games is also astronomical.

But keep spinning it in a way that you can give the Heat absolute 0 credit for winning the ring, even though they won game 7. Feel free to blame it on the Spurs mental state from losing game 6.

robert de niro
06-08-2014, 01:37 AM
similar percentages to the draft lottery and we saw what happened there :pimp:

poido123
06-08-2014, 01:38 AM
There have been a few crazier comebacks than this one... hell I remember one happened against the heat in the regular season a couple years ago. Can't remember who it was, but someone pulled a T-Mac and scored a quick quick 13 points. Reggie Miller scored a quick 8 points to overcome a 7 pt deficit in 17 seconds, which is crazier than what the Heat did if you take away the fact that it's the finals. So yes, crazier things have happened.

And once again, the chances of a player like Danny Green beating Ray Allen's 3 point finals record in 5 games is also astronomical.

But keep spinning it in a way that you can give the Heat absolute 0 credit for winning the ring, even though they won game 7. Feel free to blame it on the Spurs mental state from losing game 6.

You keep saying this, but again you cannot disregard the fact that the odds of it happening were astronomical. I like how you say "except for the part that it's a finals". Yeah, that has a bit to do with it :oldlol:

Did you forget that Battier went 6 from 7 downtown in game 7? You conveniently overlook that. Danny Green hits his 3s in bunches as evidenced in game 1 this year where he was cold for most of the game, then started hitting a bunch of 3s. It wasn't unusual. Streaky shooter.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2014, 01:46 AM
You keep saying this, but again you cannot disregard the fact that the odds of it happening were astronomical. I like how you say "except for the part that it's a finals". Yeah, that has a bit to do with it :oldlol:

Again I'm not seeing what your point is... I've already said the odds were low, but when you consider it a basektball game in which a team is down 5 points, with 30 seconds left... far crazier things have happened. I don't think the odds of a ball bouncing a certain direction go lower just because it's the finals, or the odds of Allen making a step back 3 (probably higher in the finals knowing allen)

Did you forget that Battier went 6 from 7 downtown in game 7? You conveniently overlook that. Danny Green hits his 3s in bunches as evidenced in game 1 this year where he was cold for most of the game, then started hitting a bunch of 3s. It wasn't unusual. Streaky shooter.
So you're admitting Danny Green got lucky? And "streaky shooter" doesn't justify Danny Green breaking ray's record... there's a huge difference between Battier catching fire for one game, and Green catching fire for 5. I guarantee the vegas odds were lower for Danny Green breaking the finals record for 3's, opposed to the odds of Battier hitting 6 threes in a game. Plus what were the odds of LeBron making those turnovers late in the 4th of game 6?

But you're still missing the overall point. Luck happens on both sides in just about every series. Just because you point out the lucky things that happened to the Heat in game 6, it doesn't negate the fact that the Spurs had some luck too. The difference is the Heat stayed poised in the most frightening situation they've seen, whereas the Spurs didn't handle it so well and missed the free throws, along with not boxing out on LeBron's missed 3 (before LeBron's made 3).

poido123
06-08-2014, 01:56 AM
Again I'm not seeing what your point is... I've already said the odds were low, but when you consider it a basektball game in which a team is down 5 points, with 30 seconds left... far crazier things have happened. I don't think the odds of a ball bouncing a certain direction go lower just because it's the finals, or the odds of Allen making a step back 3 (probably higher in the finals knowing allen)

So you're admitting Danny Green got lucky? And "streaky shooter" doesn't justify Danny Green breaking ray's record... there's a huge difference between Battier catching fire for one game, and Green catching fire for 5. I guarantee the vegas odds were lower for Danny Green breaking the finals record for 3's, opposed to the odds of Battier hitting 6 threes in a game. Plus what were the odds of LeBron making those turnovers late in the 4th of game 6?

But you're still missing the overall point. Luck happens on both sides in just about every series. Just because you point out the lucky things that happened to the Heat in game 6, it doesn't negate the fact that the Spurs had some luck too. The difference is the Heat stayed poised in the most frightening situation they've seen, whereas the Spurs didn't handle it so well and missed the free throws, along with not boxing out on LeBron's missed 3 (before LeBron's made 3).

The pressure and the defense is at a higher intensity, that's why. :lol

Even with the worst case scenario, I don't think this worse case was even possible :lol

LOL the odds of Lebron turning it over in pressure situations is pretty high IMO.

Danny Green got hot. It's not unusual to see one player outform their normal production in a finals. It happens. Green the last 3 seasons has shot over 40% from 3.

I'm giving an example on Battier, he was a small example of what is considered unusual, in a game 7 no less.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2014, 02:02 AM
The pressure and the defense is at a higher intensity, that's why. :lol

Even with the worst case scenario, I don't think this worse case was even possible :lol

LOL the odds of Lebron turning it over in pressure situations is pretty high IMO.

Danny Green got hot. It's not unusual to see one player outform their normal production in a finals. It happens. Green the last 3 seasons has shot over 40% from 3.

I'm giving an example on Battier, he was a small example of what is considered unusual, in a game 7 no less.
lol @ thinking the defense and intensity isn't high the Knicks/Pacers series in 95, especially in the clutch. I mean Miller's defense is what stole them the game, and the odds of losing when you're up 7 with 17 seconds left are lower than being down 5 w/ 28 seconds left.

But whatever agree to disagree. Obviously you hold the opinion that the ring was gifted by the refs, or choked away by the Spurs, and I hold the opinion that the Heat didn't give up and made one more important play than the Spurs did. We could go on all night but it obviously won't change our opinions.

poido123
06-08-2014, 02:09 AM
lol @ thinking the defense and intensity isn't high the Knicks/Pacers series in 95, especially in the clutch. I mean Miller's defense is what stole them the game, and the odds of losing when you're up 7 with 17 seconds left are lower than being down 5 w/ 28 seconds left.

But whatever agree to disagree. Obviously you hold the opinion that the ring was gifted by the refs, or choked away by the Spurs, and I hold the opinion that the Heat didn't give up and made one more important play than the Spurs did. We could go on all night but it obviously won't change our opinions.

How many other instances can you recall of this happening? Astronomical odds.

This shit never happens. Happens like once every 20 years :oldlol:

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2014, 02:17 AM
How many other instances can you recall of this happening? Astronomical odds.

This shit never happens. Happens like once every 20 years :oldlol:
T-Mac's 13 points were astronomically low, and another player did something similar against the heat in 2011. Fisher's 0.4 chances were very low, and hell even Horry's 3 against the Kings had to get a lucky bounce tap from Shaq on an offensive rebound.

Are you asking what are chances of the same situation happening twice? Obviously the chances of game 6 situation happening AGAIN are extremely low, but things that have low chances happen all the time, like the Cavs winning the lottery 3 times in a row.

poido123
06-08-2014, 02:26 AM
T-Mac's 13 points were astronomically low, and another player did something similar against the heat in 2011. Fisher's 0.4 chances were very low, and hell even Horry's 3 against the Kings had to get a lucky bounce tap from Shaq on an offensive rebound.

Are you asking what are chances of the same situation happening twice? Obviously the chances of game 6 situation happening AGAIN are extremely low, but things that have low chances happen all the time, like the Cavs winning the lottery 3 times in a row.

regular season game.

no argument.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2014, 02:30 AM
regular season game.

no argument.
One of those games was regular season, and the chances were even lower than the Heat/Spurs game 6. Hell I was just watching the highlights of this again... ****ing ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceLlz7dOOvY

I mean they were down 7 with 28 seconds left... You can't say the chances aren't insanely low just because it's the regular season. It's still a 1 in a million situation, but those obviously happen in the NBA.

Fitting it was against the Spurs too :lol I think the chances of odd shit happening goes up when you play the spurs whether it's a miracle shot, or finding a snake in your locker room.

chris02jammers
06-08-2014, 02:30 AM
Miami has 100% winning rate in the NBA Finals after losing game 1

poido123
06-08-2014, 02:36 AM
One of those games was regular season, and the chances were even lower than the Heat/Spurs game 6. Hell I was just watching the highlights of this again... ****ing ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceLlz7dOOvY

I mean they were down 7 with 28 seconds left... You can't say the chances aren't insanely low just because it's the regular season. It's still a 1 in a million situation, but those obviously happen in the NBA.

Fitting it was against the Spurs too :lol I think the chances of odd shit happening goes up when you play the spurs whether it's a miracle shot, or finding a snake in your locker room.

It's hard to make an accurate comparison of two different examples. One has the pressure and situation of a playoff game with high stakes, the other is a regular season game with little ramications...

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2014, 02:43 AM
It's hard to make an accurate comparison of two different examples. One has the pressure and situation of a playoff game with high stakes, the other is a regular season game with little ramications...
The situation is irrelevant to the low chances. The chance of winning being down 5 w/ 30 seconds left is low in the playoffs or RS. Both of those situations are highly unlikely whether post season, or regular season, yet they happened. Hell making 8 threes in a row is insanely unlikely but look at how many times that's happened now. Even LeBron did it this year. Even making 8 threes shooting around at the gym is unlikely, but he did it in an NBA game :biggums:

poido123
06-08-2014, 02:47 AM
The situation is irrelevant to the low chances. The chance of winning being down 5 w/ 30 seconds left is low in the playoffs or RS. Both of those situations are highly unlikely whether post season, or regular season, yet they happened. Hell making 8 threes in a row is insanely unlikely but look at how many times that's happened now. Even LeBron did it this year. Even making 8 threes shooting around at the gym is unlikely, but he did it in an NBA game :biggums:

*ramifications

Ok, no point going on, we disagree on the playoffs v reg game situation.

Two different things in my mind when arguing the likelihood of something happening.

J Shuttlesworth
06-08-2014, 02:50 AM
*ramifications

Ok, no point going on, we disagree on the playoffs v reg game situation.

Two different things in my mind when arguing the likelihood of something happening.
Just think of it this way. You'd never put money on someone scoring 13 points in 33 seconds whether RS or playoffs. You'd never put money on a team winning after being down 5 w/ 28 seconds left... yet bizarre shit like this happens in the NBA in the regular season and playoffs.

poido123
06-08-2014, 03:00 AM
Just think of it this way. You'd never put money on someone scoring 13 points in 33 seconds whether RS or playoffs. You'd never put money on a team winning after being down 5 w/ 28 seconds left... yet bizarre shit like this happens in the NBA in the regular season and playoffs.

ok.

Jyap9675
06-13-2014, 01:06 AM

Just updating for you,

Heat in 5: 0%