PDA

View Full Version : Flip Saunders calls out Kevin Love

konex
06-07-2014, 06:26 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11048213/flip-saunders-minnesota-timberwolves-says-kevin-love-no-right-frustrated

President, part-owner and new coach Flip Saunders said Saturday that star forward Kevin Love has no right to be frustrated over the Minnesota Timberwolves' lack of recent success.

"Just like I told (Kevin) Garnett, he didn't have a right to be frustrated," Saunders said during an interview with KFAN 100.3 in Minneapolis-St. Paul. "Why does any player have a right to be frustrated? You're either part of the problem or part of the solution.

"Should the team be frustrated? Yeah, the team can be frustrated. But I don't think any one individual should be frustrated."

ProfessorMurder
06-07-2014, 06:29 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11048213/flip-saunders-minnesota-timberwolves-says-kevin-love-no-right-frustrated

KG didn't have the right to be frustrated? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Eat a dick Saunders.

bigkingsfan
06-07-2014, 06:32 PM
A lot of positions for a failure of a coach.

SuperCereal
06-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Is he cereal?

NumberSix
06-07-2014, 06:35 PM
This is a mind blowingly stupid quote.

Dbrog
06-07-2014, 06:36 PM
That's intense. I mean, Love probably gone anyway but why would you say these things. You basically fck any chance you have of him helping you make a sign and trade deal or whatever.

dirkdiggler41
06-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Weird how Garnett suddenly became a part of the solution when he joined the Celtics.

AirFederer
06-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Lol, Titanic quote

ZeN
06-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Trade demand coming right up..

D-Rose
06-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Love has one foot out the door. I think he's traded by draft night.

no pun intended
06-07-2014, 06:43 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/4/24/14/anigif_enhanced-buzz-4778-1366828360-1.gif

Rubio2Gasol
06-07-2014, 06:43 PM
That's intense. I mean, Love probably gone anyway but why would you say these things. You basically fck any chance you have of him helping you make a sign and trade deal or whatever.

Kevin Love is not a free agent.

He has a player option season after next, but they'll get back something this year.

Milbuck
06-07-2014, 06:44 PM
I know Love is pretty much gone...but that was a bit unnecessary from Flip.

Love has underachieved significantly and his game has some pretty obvious holes in it...but to suggest he has zero reason to be frustrated, and to call him out on it...that's just absurd.

Both of them are setting themselves up for a lot of heat down the road. Love as a franchise player wherever he goes, Flip as the coach of a rebuilding team.

step_back
06-07-2014, 06:44 PM
Garnett pissed away his best years playing for the Wolves. He's lucky he got out of there and got a chip with Boston. No offence to Wolves Fans or the city of Minnesota but they aren't going anywhere when they hire clowns like Kahn and McHale as President.

Saunders also just blew any chance at signing Love back. No way he stays now.

Meticode
06-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Weird how Garnett suddenly became a part of the solution when he joined the Celtics.
3 hall of famers on that team.

In any case I'll be surprised if Love is still on the team after the trade deadline, even light-weight surprised if he's still there by the start of the season.

Dbrog
06-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Kevin Love is not a free agent.

He has a player option season after next, but they'll get back something this year.

Ah my bad. That makes this even worse though...I don't understand what the Twolves are doing. Thought they were gonna be a perennial playoff team w that rubio/roy/AK/love/pek team. Oh well.

All Net
06-07-2014, 07:05 PM
What a stupid thing to say considering he wants out anyway. Now this could hurt the value they may get back.

longtime lurker
06-07-2014, 07:39 PM
What a stupid thing to say considering he wants out anyway. Now this could hurt the value they may get back.

This. Way to tank the guy's trade value. If Love wants to be a dick he should say that under no conditions will resign unless he's traded to New York or LA

Akrazotile
06-07-2014, 08:57 PM

So what? Love is a diva, and the COACH is not supposed to fear players or appease then or kowtow to them. Hurt his trade value? Oh, like the way Melos trade value was ruined by his insistence on only extending with the Knicks, right? Stop.

Bravo for Flip. Im sorry, is Kevin Love a suffocating defender? Does he bust his ass on that end?? Oh, but he gets to be "disappointed" woth the team around him because hes the overrated de facto volume scorer. Fukc that. Not sayin Love is a bad guy, we all can be hypocrites in one way or another and we all make excuses sometimes or deflect blame. Doesnt change the fact that Saunders has every right to tell this dude to STFU whether hes staying next year or not.

BlazerRed
06-07-2014, 09:07 PM
So what? Love is a diva, and the COACH is not supposed to fear players or appease then or kowtow to them. Hurt his trade value? Oh, like the way Melos trade value was ruined by his insistence on only extending with the Knicks, right? Stop.

Bravo for Flip. Im sorry, is Kevin Love a suffocating defender? Does he bust his ass on that end?? Oh, but he gets to be "disappointed" woth the team around him because hes the overrated de facto volume scorer. Fukc that. Not sayin Love is a bad guy, we all can be hypocrites in one way or another and we all make excuses sometimes or deflect blame. Doesnt change the fact that Saunders has every right to tell this dude to STFU whether hes staying next year or not.

You may be right, but that doesn't make it a smart business move.

Lonely_Sandberg
06-07-2014, 09:16 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/icbY17iFAGunC/giphy.gif

Rubio2Gasol
06-07-2014, 09:26 PM
I don't think Love is worth much business wise to Minesota, especially when he doesn't want to be there. They just need to focus on getting the best offer possible.

Houston should be interested, I think most people would trade Harden for him, and I think a front court that can outscore and outrebound every frontcourt in the league is very, very attractive to me. Both these guys compliment each other well. If they can get Melo? even better, those are guys that can fit.

Harden is locked in until 2018 too, his ass has absolutely no say in this.

Now, this is just me talking, Morey probably won't. He probably won't want to restart.

ProfessorMurder
06-07-2014, 10:30 PM
3 hall of famers on that team.

Yeah, and KG was the best of the 3.

Akrazotile
06-07-2014, 10:41 PM
I don't think Love is worth much business wise to Minesota, especially when he doesn't want to be there. They just need to focus on getting the best offer possible.

Houston should be interested, I think most people would trade Harden for him, and I think a front court that can outscore and outrebound every frontcourt in the league is very, very attractive to me. Both these guys compliment each other well. If they can get Melo? even better, those are guys that can fit.

Harden is locked in until 2018 too, his ass has absolutely no say in this.

Now, this is just me talking, Morey probably won't. He probably won't want to restart.

Why the fukk would the Twolves want Harden??

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-07-2014, 10:46 PM

I agree w/ this. I dont think it really hurt KLove's trade value at all. A team will still probably overtrade for him.

Also, Saunders continues his KG anecdote...:

"I tell a story about -- we were in the locker room when KG was in like his third year in the league, and Sam Mitchell was sitting in the locker room," Saunders said. "KG was in there, and we had lost a couple games, and we were all sitting there talking.

"KG started going, 'Hey, you've got to start doing more.' And he's talking to some of the bench guys. 'You've got to start doing more.' And Sam said, 'Hey, hold it, hold it. Let me tell you something. You're making all the money. Hey, it's your responsibility. You make the money, you've got to live up to that.' So, that was the mentality, and from that time, KG never ever from that point, he always took responsibility."

russwest0
06-07-2014, 10:48 PM
By far one of the stupidest quotes I've ever seen from a front office executive and now coach.

rhowen4
06-07-2014, 11:01 PM
I like LeBron and I still think Love is a top player.

GimmeThat
06-07-2014, 11:27 PM
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/4/24/14/anigif_enhanced-buzz-4778-1366828360-1.gif

It means that you are only representing your team, when you walk into the lockroom and put on that uniform.

For all other intent and purposes, you are not apart of your franchise and the franchise have absolutely no rights in what you do or say anytime you are not putting on that uniform. Neither should the franchise have the right to use what you do or say OUTSIDE of the time you put on that uniform against you.

I wonder what's the take from the Players Union on this perspective. Because clearly, it means that star players have no reasons to sign a contract longer than one season. While none-star players should just understand that they are journeyman the second they enter the league and never trust any franchise would look out for them in their best interest.

COPY-PASTE NFL LABOR AGREEMENT

COPY-PASTE NFL LABOR AGREEMENT

according to big boss, my reputation is that I have lisp