PDA

View Full Version : which player could win a ring with cavs (lets say drafted from 2003 , retired a cavs)

VIntageNOvel
06-08-2014, 03:39 AM
He wants it challenging, supposed to not be easy (a championship run never is & never has been easy anyways)... but he doesnt want it IMPOSSIBLE (which YOU want).... if he stayed in Cleveland forever with those supporting casts he had it would be impossible.... not challenging, but impossible... again, which YOU want i bet, no rings, no chance of surpassing your favorite player Kobe, awesome....

pauk said its impossible to win with the cavs

lets take a look,

i think top 5

MJ,
Kareem
Russel
Magic,
Bird,

would win at least 2

Shaq
Kobe
Duncan
Hakeem

would at least win 1

Lebron (yes lebron) probably would win 1-2 either has he choosed to stay and spend his prime as a cavs, i think pauk might have underrated lebron here, saying its an impossible task for him

your thought?
(for the sake of discussion, 2011-onward they didnt get kyrie etc, the rest competition remains the same)

Rose'sACL
06-08-2014, 04:31 AM
Only Kobe could win with the cavs.

DFish24
06-08-2014, 04:34 AM
Players that win atleast 1 Title with Cavs.

MJ
Magic
Kobe
Kareem
Bird
Shaq
Russell
Wilt(saying alot since hes a big choker)
Hakeem
Duncan

None of these players would lose to a Dwight Howard led team with HCA.

SexSymbol
06-08-2014, 04:37 AM
Kobe MJ obviously, they would thrive with that system.
Others include KAJ, Shaq, Hakeem, Duncan, probably Bird.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-08-2014, 04:48 AM
With the Cavs from 03-10? Nobody. LeBron probably has the best skill set in NBA history to fit with the way those teams were built. Nobody is doing much better than he did.

Except Mikan.

moe94
06-08-2014, 04:50 AM
With the Cavs from 03-10? Nobody. LeBron probably has the best skill set in NBA history to fit with the way those teams were built. Nobody is doing much better than he did.

Except Mikan.

Except Kobe.

StephHamann
06-08-2014, 04:50 AM
add dirk

pastis
06-08-2014, 05:34 AM
im interested to know the reasons why KOBE and Bird would have won it with this cavs team (i like kobe and doesnt like lebron).

Mr Feeny
06-08-2014, 05:49 AM
Definitely only Kobe....

Mr Feeny
06-08-2014, 05:50 AM
im interested to know the reasons why KOBE and Bird would have won it with this cavs team (i like kobe and doesnt like lebron).

Bc Kobe is GOAT.

81!!!
:bowdown:

leMVP
06-08-2014, 05:56 AM
MJ sucked with a better squad to even win a series.

Kareem and Magic needed each other to win.

Bird, He will end up like Lebron probably.

Shaq, the same as Bird and Lebron.

Kobe,they will be in the lottery every year.

pastis
06-08-2014, 06:00 AM
MJ sucked with a better squad to even win a series.

Kareem and Magic needed each other to win.

Bird, He will end up like Lebron probably.

Shaq, the same as Bird and Lebron.

Kobe,they will be in the lottery every year.

:applause: :applause:

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2014, 07:20 AM
Only Kobe..

Like SexSymbol said, Kobe would thrive in that system.. Kobe's play isn't made for bigs that can defend, rebound and score at a high rate.. He excels when his 2nd option is Larry Hughes, shooting at a 35% rate in the post-season.

Although, I'm inclined to saying that every system, is Kobe's system.. He fits them all. Godbe :bowdown:

raprap
06-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Can you imagine kobe playing with big Z and mo williams? Lol kobe would win 3 rings at least with that line up.

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Can you imagine kobe playing with big Z and mo williams? Lol kobe would win 3 rings at least with that line up.

Dude, he would FINALLY have that legit PG that Kobe fans wanted their entire career... over/under +5 on his fg% going up?

That wouldn't even be fair..

ImKobe
06-08-2014, 07:34 AM
Any top 10 all-time great would win a ring without switching teams.

Kobe did it, MJ did it, Magic did it, Bird did it, Kareem won a ring before switching teams, Hakeem won his while staying with all the shitty teams he had to endure, Duncan won his, Shaq I think would have eventually won in Orlando...

Lebron wasn't willing to stick with his franchise because he wasn't willing to grind it out and 100% earn his championships. Cleveland IS a shitty place and their FO was incompetent and I get all that, but when did MJ or Kobe or Bird or Magic or Duncan join other top 10 players in the league to take a short cut?

moe94
06-08-2014, 07:38 AM

Kobe did it, MJ did it, Magic did it, Bird did it, Kareem won a ring before switching teams, Hakeem won his while staying with all the shitty teams he had to endure, Duncan won his, Shaq I think would have eventually won in Orlando...

Lebron wasn't willing to stick with his franchise because he wasn't willing to grind it out and 100% earn his championships. Cleveland IS a shitty place and their FO was incompetent and I get all that, but when did MJ or Kobe or Bird or Magic or Duncan join other top 10 players in the league to take a short cut?

You answered your own question there.

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2014, 07:38 AM

So you "get all that", yet eventually you seem to ignore it? :lol

http://cdn.niketalk.com/3/37/3779b870_e9h8.png

Mr Feeny
06-08-2014, 07:56 AM

Lebron never had Shaq to carry him :(

KOBE143
06-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Kobe would made that shitty franchise a dynasty.. That Cavs team would become the 90s version of MJ bulls but with 2 or more rings because Kobe would not quit for 2 year like MJ who quit on that bulls because he found out that Pippen has bigger bling bling than him and needed two years to accept that reality..

Mr Feeny
06-08-2014, 08:45 AM
Kobe would made that shitty franchise a dynasty.. That Cavs team would become the 90s version of MJ bulls but with 2 or more rings because Kobe would not quit for 2 year like MJ who quit on that bulls because he found out that Pippen has bigger bling bling than him and needed two years to accept that reality..

Dafuq did I just read:eek: :wtf:

VIntageNOvel
06-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Lebron never had Shaq to carry him :(

2010 onward fans :roll:

http://media.cleveland.com/cavs_impact/photo/lebron-shaq-global-cavaliersjpg-af4003a03f1da55a_large.jpg

VIntageNOvel
06-08-2014, 08:56 AM
maybe i stated it wrong,

pauk said its impossible task for lebron to win with cavs,

i disagree, , had lebron chose to stay at cav, do you really think its impossible for prime lebron (2012-2013) to win at least one? im pretty sure all top 10 would win at least one spending all their career at cleveland

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2014, 09:02 AM
vintagenoel quickly trying to become the board's worst :lol

Reading your shit is tough, man

Lebron23
06-08-2014, 09:08 AM
No one

Lebron against the Celtics and Magic > Kobe against the same teams. LBJ averaged 39 ppg, 8 rpg, and 8 apg, and they still losses the series in 6 games.

DukeDelonte13
06-08-2014, 09:24 AM
hard to say... different situation if Lebron did max extensions after his rookie deal...

His 3 year deal forced the cavs to do everything in their power to "Win now"...

if the team had knowledge Lebron was staying it would have been 10x easier to get FA's. Lebron never comitted, FA's weren't about to sign big deals in cleveland when they didn't know if he was staying or going.

worst move of the regime IMO was getting Jamison.

Getting shaq was decent, he did well against Dwight and Bynum.

People wanna rag on Mo but he had his career years in Cle, averaging a solid 17 ppg on good percentages and allowing Bron to play more off ball. The team really took off when he came over. Just a shame Mo is a mental midget who crumbles under pressure.

kurple
06-08-2014, 09:28 AM
cleveland would have won it all in 2011 if lebron wasnt a quitter

AintNoSunshine
06-08-2014, 11:08 AM
2010 onward fans :roll:

http://media.cleveland.com/cavs_impact/photo/lebron-shaq-global-cavaliersjpg-af4003a03f1da55a_large.jpg

Can you post their numbers and I will post Kobe's number between 01-03, fakkit:facepalm

Keno
06-08-2014, 01:11 PM
only prime shaq if he average 40/20, other than that no one.

Flash31
06-08-2014, 01:50 PM
The two people that wouldve came the closest or won
are

Wilt and Shaq

They were both unstoppable in the post and
Wilt could and did do whatever was asked of him
and he was a rebounding,block monster who could also
dominate the scoreboard
and Shaq was unstoppable unless you fouled him which got all your big men in foul trouble and still abused

Wilt was a very good playmaker as well
And even with those rosters,There would be no c in the league that could stop Wilt or Shaq

Even if they play the hack a wilt,shaq game itll end up either fouling out thir opponents big men or the Cavs would be in the bonus early every game

I dont see Bos,Orl,Atl stopping them and
Duncans corspes with Crap C would get abused hard and so would
Bynum/Gasol

A Star who avgd 50,25 and whi avg 8.5 ast would be very hard to stop and was

The dynasty Cel went 7 Games against his team and were 1-3 pts away from losing
There's no Bill Russell to stop him
And with Shaq,unless you were an all time great c,you would get destroyed

Theyd be the Orl Magic only with worse 3 pt shooters but with a HoF,All Time
Goat C
Its one thing to guard LeBron,Its a whole different thing trying to guard and stop
Wilt and Shaq