PDA

View Full Version : Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Miami Fans, Stop Whining About The Fault in Our Air Conditioning

davehos
06-08-2014, 10:15 AM
[quote]How does it feel to play in that heat? I know all too well from Boston in the 1980s.

If you attended any recent showing of The Fault in Our Stars, you would have heard open sobbing from much of the audience. You could probably have heard the same from Miami Heat fans after Thursday

Beastmode88
06-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Lol KAJ :bowdown:

GimmeThat
06-08-2014, 10:21 AM
what do you do when you walk in on your son doing the basic bitch?

I mean, no, I didn't get the memo that the AC was going to be down.

aj1987
06-08-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm pretty sure that most Miami fans blame lack of interior defense for the loss. Also, Timmy going ham and the total collapse in the final 4 minutes.

The only people who are making it a big deal is the freaking media. Game 2 is about to start and the only thing they have to talk about is the AC from G1? :facepalm

Also, why does KAJ care? Does he have anything to with the Heat or the Spurs? Stop giving that stupid story more press.

theoneneo
06-08-2014, 10:32 AM
"How does it feel to play in that heat? I know all too well from Boston in the 1980s.

If you attended any recent showing of The Fault in Our Stars, you would have heard open sobbing from much of the audience. You could probably have heard the same from Miami Heat fans after Thursday

dunksby
06-08-2014, 10:42 AM
KAJ GOAT basketball player GOAT personality :bowdown:

MavsSuperFan
06-08-2014, 10:58 AM
If anything the heat hurt the spurs more.

Duncan and Manu are aarp members.
and the spurs are less athletic.

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2014, 10:58 AM
I'm pretty sure that most Miami fans blame lack of interior defense for the loss. Also, Timmy going ham and the total collapse in the final 4 minutes.

The only people who are making it a big deal is the freaking media. Game 2 is about to start and the only thing they have to talk about is the AC from G1? :facepalm

Also, why does KAJ care? Does he have anything to with the Heat or the Spurs? Stop giving that stupid story more press.

This... Why does he say "our" ?

Pointguard
06-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Wow, I can't believe Kareem still doesn't give Magic props. Kareem wasn't running up and down the court. He was jogging when the AC was kicking.

LAZERUSS
06-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Kareem played 35 minutes in that "100 degree" game, and shot 7-25 from the field, with 7 rebounds.

Uncle Drew
06-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Kareem played 35 minutes in that "100 degree" game, and shot 7-25 from the field, with 7 rebounds.
Looks like an average Finals statline for Wilt.

Beastmode88
06-08-2014, 12:04 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LAZERUSS
06-08-2014, 12:07 PM

Yeah...the Wilt who averaged 24.5 rpg, and shot .559 from the field in his six Finals. BTW, see if you can find a Finals game in which Wilt only had 7 rebounds.

gts
06-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Yeah...the Wilt who averaged 24.5 rpg, and shot .559 from the field in his six Finals. BTW, see if you can find a Finals game in which Wilt only had 7 rebounds.:facepalm just shut up already

gts
06-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Back on topic...

That old Boston Garden used to get foggy inside too when it was hot.. the ice under the court also made it get slippery in spots from the condensation

Derka
06-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Back on topic...

That old Boston Garden used to get foggy inside too when it was hot.. the ice under the court also made it get slippery in spots from the condensation

Also created dead spots in the parquet floor...the ball would hit one of them and just not come back up.

Also, the Garden used to allow smoking indoors so there was a tell-tale cloud of unventilated cigarette and cigar smoke just hanging out above you and f*cking up your situation if you sat in the Balcony seats.

*fond sigh*

HEAT111
06-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Wasn't this the guy that was going to cry because he didn't have statue? :lol

TheMan
06-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Damn, KAJ wit dat hammer. :bowdown:

Basically told the Heat Nation to stop being whiny little bitches :oldlol:

DMV2
06-08-2014, 01:37 PM
This... Why does he say "our" ?
It's a play on the title of a book, also a brand new movie out this weekend based on the book. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fault_in_Our_Stars.

longtime lurker
06-08-2014, 02:09 PM

http://i.imgur.com/2o58IbT.gif

atljonesbro
06-08-2014, 02:15 PM
:biggums:

Damn he has zero right to speak like he was battling through it. LeBron with cramps >>>>>> Kareem in the heat

Soundwave
06-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Also created dead spots in the parquet floor...the ball would hit one of them and just not come back up.

Also, the Garden used to allow smoking indoors so there was a tell-tale cloud of unventilated cigarette and cigar smoke just hanging out above you and f*cking up your situation if you sat in the Balcony seats.

*fond sigh*

http://youtu.be/RU3bNi1ozJM?t=5m15s

:lol at this, they played a hockey game there with fog so thick that it was straight out of a movie set ....

And then the power went out.

LAZERUSS
06-08-2014, 02:20 PM

Damn he has zero right to speak like he was battling through it. LeBron with cramps >>>>>> Kareem in the heat

While KAJ only missed one post-season game (and of course, as luck would have it, MAGIC LED that team to a title-clinching win), he routinely missed other games throughout his long career.

Several different seasons with games missed due to the flu.
Other seasons in which he missed games because of sinus infections.
Other seasons in which he missed games because of migraines.
Other seasons in which he missed games due to back problems.

Two separate seasons in which he missed 17 and 20 games due to a broken hand (keep in mind that Wilt not only played with a broken hand in the clinching game five of the '72 Finals, he absolutely dominated it.)

While he had a long and relatively durable career, he was also fragile.

DJ Leon Smith
06-08-2014, 02:23 PM
This is great. The Kareem that LeBron fans prop up as greater than Jordan tells the Heat to STFU and they have nowhere to go.

P.S. This guy beat your GOAT and at the same time made everyone think his teammate was banging his mother. Rebuttal please.

http://atlantablackstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/81727754-jason-terry.jpg

Lebron23
06-08-2014, 02:38 PM
This is great. The Kareem that LeBron fans prop up as greater than Jordan tells the Heat to STFU and they have nowhere to go.

P.S. This guy beat your GOAT and at the same time made everyone think his teammate was banging his mother. Rebuttal please.

http://atlantablackstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/81727754-jason-terry.jpg

God, you are such an @$$hole. Lebron did beat him twice in the playoffs.

DJ Leon Smith
06-08-2014, 02:47 PM
God, you are such an @$$hole. Lebron did beat him twice in the playoffs.

He also lost to him.

A bench player.

And was outscored by four other players in that series.

Please name one other GOAT candidate was outscored by four other players in a NBA Finals series, including an opposition bench player. His second NBA Finals series. As a prohibitive favorite. And lost.

I'll wait.

P.S. :D

P.S.S.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2ngzsdf.jpg

Lebron23
06-08-2014, 02:48 PM
He also lost to him.

A bench player.

And was outscored by four other players in that series.

Please name one other GOAT candidate was outscored by four other players in a NBA Finals series, including an opposition bench player. His second NBA Finals series. As a prohibitive favorite. And lost.

I'll wait.

P.S. :D

P.S.S.

Back to back NBA champion. Soon to be 3 peat if they win this series. They need to win Game 2.

DJ Leon Smith
06-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Back to back NBA champion. Soon to be 3 peat if they win this series. They need to win Game 2.

Excellent rebuttal.

God, you are such an @$$hole.

Lebron23
06-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Excellent rebuttal.

You are a butt hurt Bulls fan. Lebron's owning the Bulls in the playoffs since 2009.

SHABBA
06-08-2014, 03:02 PM
:cheers:

DaSeba5
06-08-2014, 03:03 PM
But we aren't..... :confusedshrug:

TheMan
06-08-2014, 03:04 PM
You are a butt hurt Bulls fan. Lebron's owning the Bulls in the playoffs since 2009.
Don't get mad at Bulls fans, KAJ is the one who called you guys out as whiny cvnts:confusedshrug:

DJ Leon Smith
06-08-2014, 03:04 PM

Actually I'm a Sonics fan. I'm glad LeBron beat the Thunder in 2012.

Keep trying though!

Paul George 24
06-08-2014, 03:43 PM

LeBron with cramps,becasue he is soft :applause:

aj1987
06-08-2014, 03:51 PM

I'll wait.

Kobe Bryant in 2000?

DJ Leon Smith
06-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Kobe Bryant in 2000?

Kobe wasn't outscored by an opposition bench player, wasn't outscored by two teammates, wasn't outscored by four other players, and it was his first NBA Finals. Thanks for playing along though!

atljonesbro
06-08-2014, 04:10 PM
From this thread I've come to the conclusion that LeBron is a much better high temperature player than Kareem. Kareem can't handle the heat. 7-25 :lol

aj1987
06-08-2014, 04:15 PM
Kobe wasn't outscored by an opposition bench player, wasn't outscored by two teammates, wasn't outscored by four other players, and it was his first NBA Finals. Thanks for playing along though!
He was outscored by 3 players and one of his teammates. Sure, the opposing bench player didn't outscore him (0.4 PPG short), but he did score at 71% TS.

Also, this obsession with scoring... :facepalm You do know that there are other aspects, right? Probably not. Not to mention your retarded arbitrary criteria.

Magic Johnson in '82. Outscored by 4 of his teammates and 2 of the opposing players.

Psileas
06-08-2014, 04:28 PM

Looks like a typical "quality" ISH post.

LAZERUSS
06-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Looks like a typical "quality" ISH post.

I know. That joke, which was used months ago, wasn't funny then, and it certainly is a complete waste of time now.

Kiddlovesnets
06-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Hes right, everyone is affected by the lack of air conditioning, the Spurs actually got hit worse since their ball movement under hotter weather are highly turnover-prone.

aj1987
06-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Hes right, everyone is affected by the lack of air conditioning, the Spurs actually got hit worse since their ball movement under hotter weather are highly turnover-prone.
$100M for a 1st round exit. $90M for '15 and probably won't even make the Playoffs. :oldlol:

Kiddlovesnets
06-08-2014, 04:40 PM
$100M for a 1st round exit. $90M for '15 and probably won't even make the Playoffs. :oldlol:

Why are you so mad? I was just talking about the truth, nothing offensive.
:rolleyes:

aj1987
06-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Why are you so mad? I was just talking about the truth, nothing offensive.
:rolleyes:
Why would I be mad, when the team I root for sent your $100M team packing?

Kiddlovesnets
06-08-2014, 04:45 PM

You are clearly mad since you are talking about nonsense, its NBA Finals now buddy, not 2nd round of conference finals.
:sleeping

aj1987
06-08-2014, 04:47 PM
You are clearly mad since you are talking about nonsense, its NBA Finals now buddy, not 2nd round of conference finals.
:sleeping
Lol! You're the guy who said the Spurs would blow out the Heat by the end of the 2nd, and it would be a 30pt lead (for the Spurs). You honestly have no idea what you're talking about, kid.

Nets fans... :oldlol:

Kiddlovesnets
06-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Lol! You're the guy who said the Spurs would blow out the Heat by the end of the 2nd, and it would be a 30pt lead (for the Spurs). You honestly have no idea what you're talking about, kid.

Nets fans... :oldlol:

Well if it was not for the air conditioning that disrupted the Spurs ball movement, it would have been a huge blowout. Anyway I do not discredit the Heat for their impressive performance in Eastern Conference, the better team wins. But in NBA Finals you face a team better than yours, and the rule still applies, the better team wins.

aj1987
06-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Well if it was not for the air conditioning that disrupted the Spurs ball movement, it would have been a huge blowout. Anyway I do not discredit the Heat for their impressive performance in Eastern Conference, the better team wins. But in NBA Finals you face a team better than yours, and the rule still applies, the better team wins.
Yeah, the AC was the reason why the Spurs turned the ball over. Nothing to do with the defense. :cheers:

Did the AC also make them shoot 60% from the field and 52% from the 3? Did the AC also make the Heat miss a bunch of shots and cause TOV's in the 4th?

:oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2014, 05:04 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTgObyJCQAA_Cdz.jpg

thanks for playing, kid

Brokenbeat
06-08-2014, 05:22 PM

You do seem rather upset, tbh.

Spurs5Rings2014
06-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Yeah, the AC was the reason why the Spurs turned the ball over. Nothing to do with the defense. :cheers:

Did the AC also make them shoot 60% from the field and 52% from the 3? Did the AC also make the Heat miss a bunch of shots and cause TOV's in the 4th?

:oldlol:

We turned the ball over 4 times vs. you in Game 1 last year, though?

:facepalm

Did the AC make you forget what happens when you don't close out Danny Green at the 3-point line? Did the AC make you forget that Ray Allen was 3 for 3 from down town earlier in the game coming off the bench?

DJ Leon Smith
06-08-2014, 09:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTgObyJCQAA_Cdz.jpg

thanks for playing, kid

I, and most sane people, go by PPG since Kobe played one less game than Croshere in the Finals.

If you go by totals then I could say stuff like Jeremy Lin blocked more shots than LeBron James this season, instead of using blocks per game.

Oh wait Lin had more blocks than LeBron this season and played less games than him. My bad.

gyu
06-08-2014, 10:08 PM
He's still salty about LeBron not putting him on his mt. rushmore I see.

aj1987
06-08-2014, 11:11 PM
We turned the ball over 4 times vs. you in Game 1 last year, though?
Why the heck are you bringing up last years Finals? Miami wasn't even close to being good defensively in the first couple of games.

Did you even watch Game 1? Miami's defense was amazing until the final 4 minutes (perimeter defense).

Did the AC make you forget what happens when you don't close out Danny Green at the 3-point line? Did the AC make you forget that Ray Allen was 3 for 3 from down town earlier in the game coming off the bench?
What the **** are you even talking about?