PDA

View Full Version : Which HoF team did LBJ really beat to win the ring?

Beastmode88
06-08-2014, 12:55 PM
This might come off as another "OMFG ANOTHER MJ STAN THREAD?" But let's be honest here. MJ went thru the Bad Boys, Magic, Barkley, Stockton, Malone, Payton. So my question is who did LBJ really beat to win his rings? (You can also include the spurs twice if he wins this year)

Indian guy
06-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Durant, Westbrook, Duncan Parker and Ginobili. I would also say the '13 and '14 Spurs are better than any team the Bulls beat during their run.

Mure
06-08-2014, 01:11 PM
Last years and this years Spurs are better than any team the Bulls played in the finals...

Beastmode88
06-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Durant, Westbrook, Duncan Parker and Ginobili. I would also say the '13 and '14 Spurs are better than any team the Bulls beat during their run.

Would you say OKC / Spurs were at their best? We can always bring up how people didn't show up (James Harden & Manu) but would you say they were the best OKC team or the best Spurs team?

HOoopCityJones
06-08-2014, 01:20 PM
OKC were basically still Rookies when they made that Finals.

Dismantled by a Veteran Team.

I'll give Miami the Spurs, but that was by the hair of their chiny chin chin. We'll see how it goes tonight.

robert_shaww
06-08-2014, 01:21 PM
too young low iq okc team

too old spurs team (manu 37 and duncan 38)

dubeta
06-08-2014, 01:23 PM

I'll give Miami the Spurs, but that was by the hair of their chiny chin chin. We'll see how it goes tonight.

Rookies that beat the championship Mavericks, Lakers, and Spurs on route to the finals

They beat the Spurs by backdoor sweeping them after the Spurs won the first 10 playoff games 10-0

Westbrook, Durant, Harden, Ibaka all 22 or older so not rookies

2012 OKC was one of the toughest teams any team can possibly play, and you have to give the Heat credit for winning it, legit win.

Nastradamus
06-08-2014, 01:25 PM
This might come off as another "OMFG ANOTHER MJ STAN THREAD?" But let's be honest here. MJ went thru the Bad Boys, Magic, Barkley, Stockton, Malone, Payton. So my question is who did LBJ really beat to win his rings? (You can also include the spurs twice if he wins this year)

Lol, he beat the Bad Boys when they were finished. Barkley's team was a great one, but the rest were so so. That Sonics team was the equivalent of this year's Clippers, probably worse.

Beastmode88
06-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Rookies that beat the championship Mavericks, Lakers, and Spurs on route to the finals

They beat the Spurs by backdoor sweeping them after the Spurs won the first 10 playoff games 10-0

2012 OKC was one of the toughest teams any team can possibly play, and you have to give the Heat credit for winning it, legit win.

For argument sake, let's say OKC still had KD, Westbrook, Harden & Ibaka together. Would this team be better than 2012's OKC?

HOoopCityJones
06-08-2014, 01:29 PM

Doesn't change the fact they were complete novices to the Finals and were out played by a pair of guys who had been there before in Wade and LBJ.

But screw it , i'll play.

Lakers were still beat up from playing more Basketball than anybody the previous 4 years. (Plus our Coach was Mike Brown)

Mavs had their championship roster blown up by Cuban for giggles.

The Spurs were still recovering from injuries, plus Timmy was mad outta shape.

You guys always talk about that post season like they streamrolled these Teams in their pime. Everyone of those squads had their own problems that year, including Father time.

Beastmode88
06-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Lol, he beat the Bad Boys when they were finished. Barkley's team was a great one, but the rest were so so. That Sonics team was the equivalent of this year's Clippers, probably worse.

Same could be said about the current east then no? :confusedshrug:

Blue&Orange
06-08-2014, 01:31 PM
LEbrontards are really something :lol :roll:

The '13 and '14 spurs are a team that everyone and their mother said they were DONE 4 years ago, and are still able to keep going thanks to SHITTY WEAK ERA!

An era where Hibbert is a max player :roll:

dubeta
06-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Doesn't change the fact they were complete novices to the Finals and were out played by a pair of guys who had been there before in Wade and LBJ.

Lakers were still beat up from playing more Basketball than anybody the previous 4 years. (Plus our Coach was Mike Brown)

You guys always talk about that post season like they streamrolled these Teams in their pime. Everyone of those squads had their own problems that year, including Father time.

Kobe gets a pass for Mike Brown, but LeBron doesnt get a pass for having him for 7 years? :lol

Thats without including LeBron's vastly inferior cast in Cleveland

Beastmode88
06-08-2014, 01:40 PM
:wtf:
Kobe gets a pass for Mike Brown, but LeBron doesnt get a pass for having him for 7 years? :lol

Fair argument.

HOoopCityJones
06-08-2014, 01:45 PM

Mike Brown in the Top & Mid heavy Western Conference? :biggums:

**** yea he gets a pass, just face it man idk why you all wanna deny that Bron has played and still plays in the weakest conference ever.

Beastmode88
06-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Many say this era has the best defense.

Real14
06-08-2014, 02:19 PM
injured knicks, old Celtics, old nets, nate robinson bulls, overrated pacers, young OKC, Old spurs, bucks:lol , sixers:oldlol: , bobcats:roll: this iz too funny to me.

Heatles201
06-08-2014, 02:24 PM
injured knicks, old Celtics, old nets, nate robinson bulls, overrated pacers, young OKC, Old spurs, bucks:lol , sixers:oldlol: , bobcats:roll: this iz too funny to me.

stop bringing up the damn Knicks no one gives a F about them they suck mediocre ass franchise

Real14
06-08-2014, 02:25 PM
stop bringing up the damn Knicks no one gives a F about them they suck mediocre ass franchise
were they injured hatin ass niguh?:lol

Heatles201
06-08-2014, 02:27 PM
were they injured hatin ass niguh?:lol

What Stoudemire Punching a damn fire extinguisher? brought that on himself them bums were not going to do anything franchise is MEDIOCRE. Dolan accepts mediocrity accept it bum ass nigguhzzz

Real14
06-08-2014, 02:29 PM
What Stoudemire Punching a damn fire extinguisher? brought that on himself them bums were not going to do anything franchise is MEDIOCRE. Dolan accepts mediocrity accept it bum ass nigguhzzz
that's one injury dumbass, we also had shump, lin, baron and a couple others injured too.

Soundwave
06-08-2014, 02:30 PM

If the Spurs were 5 years younger perhaps ... but a Spurs team with Duncan and Ginobli past the age of 36/37?

Any one of the Bulls championship squads would wax them and any team with a 29-year-old Jordan still in his athletic peak would absolutely destroy that Spurs squad. Especially with last year's version on Ginobli.

ImKobe
06-08-2014, 02:46 PM

**** yea he gets a pass, just face it man idk why you all wanna deny that Bron has played and still plays in the weakest conference ever.

And it's not even Mike's fault - most of the Lakers disappeared in the Playoffs. Steve Blake missed a wide open corner 3 to win the game and make it at least a 6-game series with Game 6 in LA, Pau turned the ball over AT HOME that led to KD's game-winner...Kobe had his fair share of turnovers late in the game, but he was the one that averaged 39 & 7 (on 45% shooting)for the last 3 games of the series.

Lebronxrings
06-08-2014, 03:01 PM
todays basketball is much, much tougher. Put lebron in a no defensive era, and im sure he would beat those teams listed.

JT123
06-08-2014, 03:04 PM

Someone clearly doesn't know their history. You realize that Jordan's Bulls were making the playoffs with 30 wins back in the 80's right? :lol

DaSeba5
06-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Aren't you people tired of this same drawn out argument?

Real14
06-08-2014, 03:08 PM
todays basketball is much, much tougher. Put lebron in a no defensive era, and im sure he would beat those teams listed.
somebody iz not too bright I see:coleman:

JT123
06-08-2014, 03:09 PM
If the Spurs were 5 years younger perhaps ... but a Spurs team with Duncan and Ginobli past the age of 36/37?

Any one of the Bulls championship squads would wax them and any team with a 29-year-old Jordan still in his athletic peak would absolutely destroy that Spurs squad. Especially with last year's version on Ginobli.
You are acting like those 3 are the only guys the Spurs can rely on, when the reality is that this current Spurs team is one of the deepest teams in NBA history. Even when San Antonio rests their big 3 the Spurs still usually blow out whatever team they face. :lol Put Leonard on his own team where he is allowed to play more than 30 minutes per game, and he is a possible All Star. Patty Mills would be a starter for most teams in the league, and last year he was 3rd string for the Spurs! :roll: The Spurs are so deep it's not even funny.

nba_55
06-08-2014, 03:10 PM

Trying to rewrite history?
2012 Spurs were a very strong team. Before losing to OKC, they were title favourites. They were on a 20 games winning streak before losing game 3 vs Thunder. They looked unbeatable. That OKC team surprised everyone when they beat them 4 straight times. For that reason, many had OKC beating Miami before the finals started.
And who exactly was recovering from injuries? They were on a 20 games winning streak and had huge rest the first 2 rounds.

nba_55
06-08-2014, 03:15 PM

Those ''Rookies'' did pretty well against a hot veteran team like the Spurs. They beat the veteran Spurs who were on a 20 games winning streak 4 straight times.

r0drig0lac
06-08-2014, 03:22 PM
too young low iq okc team

too old spurs team (manu 37 and duncan 38)
this

Heatles201
06-08-2014, 03:30 PM
that's one injury dumbass, we also had shump, lin, baron and a couple others injured too.

So a couple of bums prevented you from winning the title? smfh

Beastmode88
06-08-2014, 04:07 PM
So a couple of bums prevented you from winning the title? smfh

lol jeremy lin is not gonna win a title. linsanity was stupid

Papaya Petee
06-08-2014, 04:21 PM

Are people really gonna let this slide? Which team aside from the Lakers and Jazz the second time did Jordan face that had previous finals experience?

aj1987
06-08-2014, 04:25 PM

Does than negate Chuckbe's '09 and '10 titles? Played a novice team in the Finals in '09 and played an old ass Celtics team in '10 (won with a generous amount of ref help).

Beastmode88
06-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Does than negate Chuckbe's '09 and '10 titles? Played a novice team in the Finals in '09 and played an old ass Celtics team in '10 (won with a generous amount of ref help).

So bran beat an even older Celtics / Nets squad to the finals then?

PsychoBe
06-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Are people really gonna let this slide? Which team aside from the Lakers and Jazz the second time did Jordan face that had previous finals experience?

give me the average age of the thunder team and let's compare it to the average ages of the barkley's suns, kemp & peyton sonics, and clyde blazers :facepalm come on now think about what you say

kobe and shaq also feasted on the reggie miller and jalen rose pacers, the jason kidd nets, and the a.i. sixers and obviously we know about their historic run through the toughest western conference in decades with the kings, jailblazers, and twin tower spurs. much tougher than the gilbert arenas wizards rofl

aj1987
06-08-2014, 04:36 PM
kobe and shaq also feasted on the reggie miller and jalen rose pacers, the jason kidd nets, and the a.i. sixers and obviously we know about their historic run through the toughest western conference in decades with the kings, jailblazers, and twin tower spurs. much tougher than the gilbert arenas wizards rofl
Am I missing something here? Did LeBron have Shaq, who's a top 7 GOAT and arguably had the GOAT peak (during the 3peat)?

Beastmode88
06-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Am I missing something here? Did LeBron have Shaq, who's a top 7 GOAT and arguably had the GOAT peak (during the 3peat)?

He did for a little bit. :P

aj1987
06-08-2014, 04:57 PM
He did for a little bit. :P
Read the rest of the post.

Roundball_Rock
06-08-2014, 04:58 PM
But let's be honest here. MJ went thru the Bad Boys, Magic, Barkley, Stockton, Malone, Payton. So my question is who did LBJ really beat to win his rings?

The first thing we have to do is develop a criteria for "HOF" team. You seem to be listing teams the Bulls faced in the ECF or Finals who had at least one HOF'er. You also made no allowance for age--the Bulls beat the Pistons on their last legs, who never made it past the first round again. The Bulls beat the Lakers with a 31 year old Magic. Malone was 33 and 34 in his Finals and Stockton was 34 and 35. The Jazz's third best player, Jeff Hornacek, was 33 and 34 in the Finals. While Malone remained dominant late into his career, Stockton and Hornacek were well past their primes.

With respect to the Bulls, we need to compare the NUMBER HOF'ers beat to the HOF'ers he had on his team in his Finals and ECF's to make this a legitimate comparison.

Finally, since this comparison compares a long retired player to one who is 29 a little projection is required regarding what modern players will become HOF's. For the purposes of discussion I have included 2014 here.

HOF'ers faced by LeBron in the Finals and ECF from 2012-2014

2012 ECF: 4 HOF players--KG, Pierce, Allen, Rondo and a HOF coach.
2012 Finals: 3 HOF players--Durant, Westbrook, Harden.
2013 ECF: 1 possible HOF'er (George)
2013 Finals: 3 HOF players--Duncan, Parker, Ginobili--and arguably the GOAT coach.
2014 Finals: Same as above.

HOF'ers in the "Jordan era" in the Finals and ECF

The Bulls are listed first.

1991 ECF: 2 HOF'ers versus 3 HOF'ers.
1991 Finals: 2 vs. 2.
1992 ECF: 2 vs. 0.
1992 Finals: 2 vs. 1.
1993 ECF: 2 vs. 1.
1993 Finals: 2 vs. 1.
1996 ECF: 3 vs. 1.
1996 Finals: 3 vs. 1.
1997 ECF: 4* vs. 1.
1997 Finals: 4* vs. 2.
1998: ECF: 3 vs. 1.
1998 Finals: 3 vs. 2.

Meanwhile, the Bulls had arguably the GOAT coach as well during these runs. As you can see, the Bulls consistently had more HOF'ers than their opponents. Exactly once did the Bulls' opponent have more HOF'ers.

*Robert Parish was on the Bulls in 97', although he was 43 and his final season.

nba_55
06-08-2014, 05:03 PM
The first thing we have to do is develop a criteria for "HOF" team. You seem to be listing teams the Bulls faced in the ECF or Finals who had at least one HOF'er. You also made no allowance for age--the Bulls beat the Pistons on their last legs, who never made it past the first round again. The Bulls beat the Lakers with a 31 year old Magic. Malone was 33 and 34 in his Finals and Stockton was 34 and 35. The Jazz's third best player, Jeff Hornacek, was 33 and 34 in the Finals. While Malone remained dominant late into his career, Stockton and Hornacek were well past their primes.

With respect to the Bulls, we need to compare the NUMBER HOF'ers beat to the HOF'ers he had on his team in his Finals and ECF's to make this a legitimate comparison.

Finally, since this comparison compares a long retired player to one who is 29 a little projection is required regarding what modern players will become HOF's. For the purposes of discussion I have included 2014 here.

2013 Finals: 3 HOF players--Duncan, Parker, Ginobili--and arguably the GOAT coach.

Meanwhile, the Bulls had arguably the GOAT coach as well during these runs. As you can see, the Bulls consistently had more HOF'ers than their opponents. Exactly once did the Bulls' opponent have more HOF'ers.

*Robert Parish was on the Bulls in 97', although he was 43 and his final season.

I honestly think that you are the best poster in here. :applause:

Beastmode88
06-08-2014, 05:13 PM

Heat has 4 potential HOFs as well. We never know if Spo will be a goat he's only 43 with already 2 rings.

PsychoBe
06-08-2014, 05:22 PM
james harden paul george and westbrook are hofers now? :roll: :roll: :roll:

and we're talking about hof teams, not hof players. that 20 year old thunder squad isn't an all-time great team come on now :facepalm

let's just add the gilbert arenas wizards and the hamilton-webber-sheed-prince pistons too :oldlol:

TheMan
06-08-2014, 05:23 PM
LEbrontards are really something :lol :roll:

The '13 and '14 spurs are a team that everyone and their mother said they were DONE 4 years ago, and are still able to keep going thanks to SHITTY WEAK ERA!

An era where Hibbert is a max player :roll:
:applause:

Threethrows
06-08-2014, 05:23 PM
This place gets dumber by the day :facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
06-08-2014, 05:24 PM
This place gets dumber by the day :facepalm
Seriously. Look at this guy:

I would also say the '13 and '14 Spurs are better than any team the Bulls beat during their run.
:oldlol:

2014 Spurs
62 - 20

2013 Spurs
58 - 24

(This team literally had Miami on the ropes, and choked in 2x games)

v.s.

1998 Jazz
62 - 20

1997 Jazz
64 - 18

1997 Heat
61 - 21

1996 Sonics
64 - 18

1996 Magic
60 - 22

1993 Suns
62 - 20

1993 Knicks
60 - 22

TheMan
06-08-2014, 05:32 PM

LOL @ George and Harden as HOFers.

LOL @ including Parish as a Bulls HOFer.

This nikka tries so hard to descredit MJ

living rent free

Roundball_Rock
06-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Westbrook and Harden are on HOF trajectories.

Westbrook (25 years old, 6 seasons): 3x all-star, 3x all-NBA second team, 1 Finals appearance and 3 WCF appearances.

Harden (24 years old, 5 seasons): 2x all-star, 1x all-NBA first team, 1x all-NBA third team, 2012 6th man winner, top 5 in MVP voting once.

Westbrook would likely have been all-NBA again this year if he did not miss so many games.

nba_55, thanks. :cheers:

LOL @ including Parish as a Bulls HOFer.

Do you understand what an asterisk is? When one is using clear, consistent metrics (granted, this is something hard for a MJ fan to understand) you can't change the rules. I had to count Parish because he met the metric.

Beastmode88
06-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Westbrook and Harden are on HOF trajectories.

Westbrook (25 years old, 6 seasons): 3x all-star, 3x all-NBA second team, 1 Finals appearance and 3 WCF appearances.

Harden (24 years old, 5 seasons): 2x all-star, 1x all-NBA first team, 1x all-NBA third team, 2012 6th man winner, top 5 in MVP voting once.

Westbrook would likely have been all-NBA again this year if he did not miss so many games.

nba_55, thanks. :cheers:

Man I can't believe no defense Harden is gonna be a HoF. This era's superstar defense sometimes gets to me. :facepalm