PDA

View Full Version : World Cup > NBA Finals(even in America)

RagaZ
06-08-2014, 11:05 PM
I just realized they play the Finals Game 7 FRIDAY NIGHT this year(first time ever?)

I wonder why, and then i see it's because U.S play Germany the Thursday and they dont have any World Cup games that friday.

The power of the World Cup :bowdown:

EDIT: England-Uruguay, not U.S Germany.

Rose'sACL
06-08-2014, 11:08 PM
do you also shitpost like this on soccer forums?

zoom17
06-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Take that shit on the soccer forums.

D-Rose
06-08-2014, 11:10 PM
It's just not smart to schedule your Game 7 at the same time as your country's 1 of 3 (guaranteed) games for the biggest sporting event of the year...

moe94
06-08-2014, 11:11 PM
You mean to say a tournament that happens every 4 years that involves most of the world takes precedence over the NBA? Weird.

bigkingsfan
06-08-2014, 11:13 PM
It's just not smart to schedule your Game 7 at the same time as your country's 1 of 3 (guaranteed) games for the biggest sporting event of the year...
Soccer is 3 PM, NBA is 6 PM pacific time. Might not even be a game 7.

RagaZ
06-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Not according to ISHiots.

Kiddlovesnets
06-08-2014, 11:14 PM
Not really, in American soccer is considered girls sports so men dont take it too seriously. We do pay attention to WorldCup and Champion League, but its just for killing time and keeping up with the world's fashion.

moe94
06-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Not really, in American soccer is considered girls sports so men dont take it too seriously. We do pay attention to WorldCup and Champion League, but its just for killing time and keeping up with the world's fashion.

America gives a fvck about the Champions League? :oldlol:

freshperry
06-08-2014, 11:15 PM
England aint winning shit anyways.

RagaZ
06-08-2014, 11:19 PM
It's England - Uruguay, not U.S - Germany.

So it's not because of U.S playing :lol

Kiddlovesnets
06-08-2014, 11:21 PM
England aint winning shit anyways.

They not getting past group stage lol.
:roll:

Quizno
06-08-2014, 11:22 PM
the **** is champion league?

b1imtf
06-08-2014, 11:24 PM
:biggums:

D-Rose
06-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Probably the highest level of club/franchise competition in any sport ever.

pauk
06-08-2014, 11:32 PM
No its not, its so overrated compared to basketball, in Europe its just group pressure/culture causing you to like soccer, but once you see how good basketball is you forget soccer. I never understood why people like soccer anyways, a soccer game is just a bunch of short guys running around flopping, jogging, passing and chasing a ball for an entire game back n forth with an occasional goal per game (which most often happened out of pure luck/randomness). Im even surprised im able to think that way as a euro...

May thee USA forever think basketball>soccer, you dudes have excellent taste in sports.

b1imtf
06-08-2014, 11:46 PM
a soccer game is just a bunch of short guys running around flopping, jogging, passing and chasing a ball for an entire game back n forth with an occasional goal per game (which most often happened out of pure luck/randomness).
:facepalm

moe94
06-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Soccer is an amazing sport. World Cup has no comparison.

pauk
06-09-2014, 12:01 AM
:facepalm

Kindof satiric but its actually not that farfetched imo, prove me wrong.... :confusedshrug: Soccer is a great sport, but horribly overrated... especially in Europe (or even worse, Brazil)

b1imtf
06-09-2014, 12:10 AM
Kindof satiric but its actually not that farfetched imo, prove me wrong.... :confusedshrug: Soccer is a great sport, but horribly overrated... especially in Europe (or even worse, Brazil)

lol

fragokota
06-09-2014, 12:20 AM

:lol

tell me you're kidding...

Psileas
06-09-2014, 12:32 AM
No its not, its so overrated compared to basketball, in Europe its just group pressure/culture causing you to like soccer, but once you see how good basketball is you forget soccer. I never understood why people like soccer anyways, a soccer game is just a bunch of short guys running around flopping, jogging, passing and chasing a ball for an entire game back n forth with an occasional goal per game (which most often happened out of pure luck/randomness). Im even surprised im able to think that way as a euro...

May thee USA forever think basketball>soccer, you dudes have excellent taste in sports.

I have to agree on soccer being shoved on us way too much in Europe, as pretty much the only sport that matters. It's disturbing how in certain countries you're not even considered socially apt if you're a male and you're not into soccer. :facepalm
They call it "the king of sports". Should be more like "der Fuhrer of sports". Take a typical European sports newspaper and its whole front page is typically going to involve soccer, soccer, soccer and more soccer. American football is the most popular sport in the US and it's not anywhere near as shoved on Americans' throats as soccer here.