PDA

View Full Version : NEVEER say Tim Duncan THE CHOKER is better than Kobe Bryant

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 03:16 AM
Tim Duncan has lost 7 times in the playoffs with homecourt advantage ( a possible 8 if he loses this series to miami )

*a possible 5 times with the #1 seed overall*

2001 - Lost NBA Western Conference Finals (4-0) versus Los Angeles Lakers ( 1st seed losing to 2nd seed )

2002 - Lost NBA Western Conference Semifinals (4-1) versus Los Angeles Lakers ( 2nd seed losing to 3rd seed )

2004 - Lost NBA Western Conference Semifinals (4-2) versus Los Angeles Lakers ( lakers 2nd, spurs 3rd seed but spurs had better record and home court in 2nd round )

2006 - Lost NBA Western Conference Semifinals (4-3) versus Dallas Mavericks ( 1st seed losing to 4th seed )

2009 - Lost NBA Western Conference First Round (4-1) versus Dallas Mavericks (3rd seed losing to 6th seed )

2011 - Lost NBA Western Conference First Round (4-2) versus Memphis Grizzlies ( 1st seed losing to 8th seed )

2012 - Lost NBA Western Conference Finals (4-2) versus Oklahoma City Thunder (1st seed losing to 2nd seed )

2014 - Lost NBA finals ( ? ) versus Miami Heat ( 1st seed and homecourt advantage losing to a 2nd seed in the east ? )

if there is a definition of "choker"... next to it there should be a picture of tim duncan

compare this to kobe who only lost ONCE to a team with a worse record

2004 - Lost NBA Finals (4-1) versus Detroit Pistons

and only other time to a lower seed ( identical record 57 win mavericks )

2011 - Lost NBA Western Conference Semifinals (4-0) versus Dallas Mavericks (Series Stats)

kobe overcomes obstacles... duncan trips over his own 2 feet

Derivative
06-09-2014, 03:17 AM
Tim Duncan has lost 7 times in the playoffs with homecourt advantage ( a possible 8 if he loses this series to miami )

2001 - Lost NBA Western Conference Finals (4-0) versus Los Angeles Lakers ( 1st seed losing to 2nd seed )

2002 - Lost NBA Western Conference Semifinals (4-1) versus Los Angeles Lakers ( 2nd seed losing to 3rd seed )

2004 - Lost NBA Western Conference Semifinals (4-2) versus Los Angeles Lakers ( lakers 2nd, spurs 3rd seed but spurs had better record and home court in 2nd round )

2006 - Lost NBA Western Conference Semifinals (4-3) versus Dallas Mavericks ( 1st seed losing to 4th seed )

2009 - Lost NBA Western Conference First Round (4-1) versus Dallas Mavericks (3rd seed losing to 6th seed )

2011 - Lost NBA Western Conference First Round (4-2) versus Memphis Grizzlies ( 1st seed losing to 8th seed )

2012 - Lost NBA Western Conference Finals (4-2) versus Oklahoma City Thunder (1st seed losing to 2nd seed )

2014 - Lost NBA finals ( ? ) versus Miami Heat ( 1st seed and homecourt advantage losing to a 2nd seed in the east ? )

if there is a definition of "choker"... next to it there should be a picture of tim duncan

2011 - Lost NBA Western Conference Semifinals (4-0) versus Dallas Mavericks (Series Stats)

I hate you, but you do have a point.

305Baller
06-09-2014, 03:17 AM
Kobe quit.
Kobe snitched.

Still 2nd best SG though.

ThatCoolKid
06-09-2014, 03:19 AM
Lol this is because Kobrick simply is not as good as Duncan and rarely has a good record as a result. :facepalm if you think winning basketball games is bad.

bigkingsfan
06-09-2014, 03:19 AM
He never missed the playoffs either.

J Shuttlesworth
06-09-2014, 03:20 AM
Most of those don't even matter. Don't you remember that losing in the first 3 rounds doesn't damage your legacy?

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 03:21 AM
lol@ kobe raping duncan 3 times in the a** without homecourt... 4 out of 6 overall

:lol

duncan just might be a bigger choker than wilt

rhowen4
06-09-2014, 03:28 AM
basically expect one of these threads after each game for who loses

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 03:29 AM
this is too much ether even for me.. i'm passing out from the fumes myself

:sleeping

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 03:53 AM
Lol this is because Kobrick simply is not as good as Duncan and rarely has a good record as a result. :facepalm if you think winning basketball games is bad.

so what if the 96 bulls went 72 and 10 and lost in the 1st round to some sh*t 8th seed team... this is a successful season to you?

sorry.. just like losing finals records.. you're choking more often than you succeed in a certain situation.

duncans about to lose more times with the #1 seed than he has championships

thats bad.

losing with homecourt advantage is bad. doing it 8 times is horrific

you ignoramus :lol

T_L_P
06-09-2014, 04:00 AM
Kenneth, you just make up the criteria as you go along.

How is being the 1st seed and losing to the 4th seed worse than finishing with the 7th seed even though you were the title favourites before the season, or at least the favourites to come out of the West? No doubt you'll say Dwight, Nash and Pau got injured, which is actually a fair excuse...so why don't you do the same for Duncan in some of his losses? He was without Derek Anderson, his second option, for the Lakers series in '01, and he was without Robinson for half the Lakers series in 02. Manu Ginobili missed the 2009 Playoffs.

At least remain consistent.

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 04:04 AM
Tim DunCAN'T (win with homecourt advantage)

RoundMoundOfReb
06-09-2014, 04:06 AM
Tim Duncan is better than Kobe Bryant.

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 04:08 AM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=duncati01

:no:

Eye Test
06-09-2014, 04:10 AM

:roll: :roll:

dilley
06-09-2014, 04:11 AM
Didn't read. Nick Young is better than Kobe.

IMObjective
06-09-2014, 04:24 AM
Don't forget the 2004 Summer Olympics

T_L_P
06-09-2014, 04:30 AM
Seriously though, kenneth needs to do something better than sit at his computer and make Duncan threads.

This is basically a guy who said he hopes the talent level in the league doesn't get better in order to keep his idol's legacy intact. :oldlol:

bdreason
06-09-2014, 04:46 AM
Kobe is irrelevant at this point. He's never even going to be in a position to choke again.

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Seriously though, kenneth needs to do something better than sit at his computer and make Duncan threads.

This is basically a guy who said he hopes the talent level in the league doesn't get better in order to keep his idol's legacy intact. :oldlol:

what is the definition of a choker in your eyes

answer it and show us tim duncan isnt the biggest one all time.

see.. wilt might have lost more finals than he's won. and he did choke under pressure.

but i doubt wilt comes anywhere close to losing as many times as duncan did to a worse team while having HCA

so tell us. what is............ choking

is it kobe? he beat duncan 3 times with a worse record as the road team

kobes only lost ONCE to a worse team

duncans will have lost EIGHT times, 5 times with the 1st seed..

and duncan was the best player on the 2004 olympic team ( the worst choke job of all time internationally )

what does it mean............. to CHOKE

do you want me to bring up how many times duncans lost with a series lead?

i can't wait

Uncle Drew
06-09-2014, 01:11 PM

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 01:16 PM

just keep telling yourself that. maybe you'l believe it one day

this is the difference between posters like me and guys who just reply with "hes better"

i have evidence. i make well thought out posts. i do research. i prove things. i expose people..

this is why i'm famous and you're not

AintNoSunshine
06-09-2014, 01:21 PM
Who's NEVEER? I agree with him/her:lol

Frozen1
06-09-2014, 01:23 PM
So you are saying Duncan is overrated and kobe's bitch.

Nothing that i didn't know.

SexSymbol
06-09-2014, 01:30 PM
This is true. The other day he said he doesn't talk to newcomers on the team.
Kobe does the same and he's the villain.
Kobe is a better teammate, a better leader and a better winner than Duncan ever was

SOD 21
06-09-2014, 01:33 PM
In addition to the information provided by the original poster in the thread, let's also not forget that Kobe Bryant has 18 wins in 30 career playoff games as a starter when facing Tim Duncan.

tmacattack33
06-09-2014, 01:37 PM
I'm sorry Kobe stan, nobody's legacy goes backwards and Duncan is ahead of Kobe and will always be unless Kobe comes back next year as a super-star somehow.

Just the fact that Duncan is here is amazing. He's almost 40.

He can average 0 points, 0 rebounds, and 0 assists on 10 shots per game for the whole series and his legacy won't go backwards.

T_L_P
06-09-2014, 01:44 PM
This is true. The other day he said he doesn't talk to newcomers on the team.
Kobe does the same and he's the villain.
Kobe is a better teammate, a better leader and a better winner than Duncan ever was

Like I said in that thread, how come the two yield different results? Show me a teammate who is less than glowing when speaking about Duncan. Then go look at all the teammates who have had major issues with Kobe.

SOD 21
06-09-2014, 01:44 PM
I'm sorry Kobe stan, nobody's legacy goes backwards and Duncan is ahead of Kobe and will always be unless Kobe comes back next year as a super-star somehow.

Just the fact that Duncan is here is amazing. He's almost 40.

He can average 0 points, 0 rebounds, and 0 assists on 10 shots per game for the whole series and his legacy won't go backwards.

Kobe Bryant has still appeared in more NBA finals, has more championships and has won four of the six playoff series against Tim Duncan.

TD has some work to do. Plus as the years have gone by, it has become more and more obvious that San Antonio's success is just as much, if not more, about Gregg Popovich and their system than anything about Tim Duncan.

He is a great player though and is definitely on the lower end of the top 10 all-time.

Kiddlovesnets
06-09-2014, 01:45 PM
He has always been better than Kobe on the all-time list since he entered the league, deal with it.

SOD 21
06-09-2014, 01:46 PM
Like I said in that thread, how come the two yield different results? Show me a teammate who is less than glowing when speaking about Duncan. Then go look at all the teammates who have had major issues with Kobe.

I don't know what you're talking about because Smush Parker is the president of the Kobe Bryant fan club.

T_L_P
06-09-2014, 01:46 PM
I don't know what you're talking about because Smush Parker is the president of the Kobe Bryant fan club.

Shaq, Phil, Walker, Dwight. It's not just one teammate who had issues with him.

DMAVS41
06-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Kobe Bryant has still appeared in more NBA finals, has more championships and has won four of the six playoff series against Tim Duncan.

TD has some work to do. Plus as the years have gone by, it has become more and more obvious that San Antonio's success is just as much, if not more, about Gregg Popovich and their system than anything about Tim Duncan.

He is a great player though and is definitely on the lower end of the top 10 all-time.

4 of Kobe's finals came with Shaq.

Stop ignoring this. Not only did Duncan not have a player close to as good as Shaq, but he had to go against Shaq.

Again, imagine Duncan and Shaq played together from 98 through 05.

How many finals is Kobe making during that time on teams like the Spurs?

The answer is likely 0...perhaps 1.

Kobe fans always do this. Stop ignoring that 4 of his 7 finals appearances came while playing with a top 8 player of all time in his prime/peak.

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 01:50 PM

answer my question

what is a choker to you. what does it mean to choke under pressure

like if i go outside and lose to kids half my skill level more often than i win against them. am i playing up to my abilities? no... i'm choking

people always like to boast about duncans winning percentage in the regular season. but what is his winning percentage with #1 seeds or better records in the playoffs

not good. he beats up on teams when it doesnt matter. then loses when somethings actually on the line

if he loses this finals

5 losses with the #1 seed

4 nba titles

8 losses with home court advantage

:facepalm

hold on... i'm actually interested in finding out how many times duncans lost with a series lead... brb

T_L_P
Plus as the years have gone by, it has become more and more obvious that San Antonio's success is just as much, if not more, about Gregg Popovich and their system than anything about Tim Duncan.

The same applies to Phil. Before Phil Kobe was a role player. Then when he left Kobe missed the Playoffs. Then when he left again his team became completely irrelevant.

SOD 21
Shaq, Phil, Walker, Dwight. It's not just one teammate who had issues with him.

He can be a pain in the ass, no doubt. At times Michael Jordan had differences with some of his teammates, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was notorious for being moody and unfriendly and Wilt is known for being selfish.

Being a nice guy and leaving your teammates with a warm fuzzy feeling isn't a prerequisite for greatness, even though it may cause someone to be less likable.

With Kobe Bryant, you take the good with the bad.

T_L_P
06-09-2014, 01:52 PM
answer my question

what is a choker to you. what does it mean to choke under pressure

like if i go outside and lose to kids half my skill level more often than i win against them. am i playing up to my abilities? no... i'm choking

people always like to boast about duncans winning percentage in the regular season. but what is his winning percentage with #1 seeds or better records in the playoffs

not good. he beats up on teams when it doesnt matter. then loses when somethings actually on the line

if he loses this finals

5 losses with the #1 seed

4 nba titles

8 losses with home court advantage

hold on... i'm actually interested in finding out how many times duncans lost with a series lead... brb

I'll reply when you reply to this:

How is being the 1st seed and losing to the 4th seed worse than finishing with the 7th seed even though you were the title favourites before the season, or at least the favourites to come out of the West? No doubt you'll say Dwight, Nash and Pau got injured, which is actually a fair excuse...so why don't you do the same for Duncan in some of his losses? He was without Derek Anderson, his second option, for the Lakers series in '01, and he was without Robinson for half the Lakers series in 02. Manu Ginobili missed the 2009 Playoffs.

SOD 21
06-09-2014, 01:54 PM
The same applies to Phil. Before Phil Kobe was a role player. Then when he left Kobe missed the Playoffs. Then when he left again his team became completely irrelevant.

Yeah, he was a role player when he was 18 years old and 19 years old and still developing as a player.

But yes, Phil Jackson was important to his development and a little similar to what Greg Popovich was able to do with San Antonio. However, San Antonio has been able to continue to excel and succeed with a diminishing Tim Duncan because of the talent brought in by the San Antonio's front office and Great Popovich's ability to maximize the talent on that team.

I have become more and more of a fan of Great Popovich over the years because he has demonstrated that he is truly one of the all-time great coaches.

PJR
06-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Pretty sure Kobe missed the playoffs a year in his prime, and choked a 3-1 series lead.

qrich
06-09-2014, 01:56 PM
NEVEER say Kobe THE PLAYOFF MISSER is better than Tim Duncan

:pimp:

T_L_P
06-09-2014, 01:56 PM
He can be a pain in the ass, no doubt. At times Michael Jordan had differences with some of his teammates, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was notorious for being moody and unfriendly and Wilt is known for being selfish.

Being a nice guy and leaving your teammates with a warm fuzzy feeling isn't a prerequisite for greatness, even though it may cause someone to be less likable.

With Kobe Bryant, you take the good with the bad.

When did I shoot down his playing ability in my post? All I said was Duncan is unanimously considered the greater teammate, a guy who everybody respects and who everybody feels respected by. Kobe, on the other hand, is about as hated a superstar as any other I've seen. Shaq and Phil could barely handle him, then there's all the shit with the role players and Dwight. Nash basically called him an asshole but he said it didn't affect him, it affected Dwight.

So, whilst Duncan didn't talk to Parker in his first year, more because he is intrinsically quiet, he is still regarded as the ultimate teammate, even though you shot that idea down in your post. You wrote, "Kobe is the better teammate." Care to explain how or why, as I have done for Duncan?

T_L_P
06-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Yeah, he was a role player when he was 18 years old and 19 years old and still developing as a player.

But yes, Phil Jackson was important to his development and a little similar to what Greg Popovich was able to do with San Antonio. However, San Antonio has been able to continue to excel and succeed with a diminishing Tim Duncan because of the talent brought in by the San Antonio's front office and Great Popovich's ability to maximize the talent on that team.

I have become more and more of a fan of Great Popovich over the years because he has demonstrated that he is truly one of the all-time great coaches.

Stop avoiding my post. Kobe has not done a damn thing without Phil. The difference is, Spurs fans know Popovich and Duncan are joint at the hip, the reason for the Spurs' long success. Kobe fans (alts) like you shoot everyone but Kobe down to prop him up, shamelessly.

In 2011, Duncan was at his worst: loss to 8th seed. In 2000 Duncan goes down, they lose in the first round (only time that happened in Duncan's prime). In 2013 Duncan establishes himself as arguably the best big man in the league again, Finals appearance. Popovich ultimately hasn't done shit since Duncan's decline.

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 02:01 PM
tim duncan

HCA 2-0 series lead in 2004 ( backdoor swept by los angeles 2-4 )

HCA 1-0 series lead in 2006 ( loses to dallas in 7 )

HCA 2-0 series lead in 2012 ( backdoor swept by OKC 2-4 )

west 1st seed 3-2 series lead in 2013 ( loses to miami in 7 )

HCA 1-0 series lead in 2014 ( loses to miami? )

compared to

kobe bryant ( only losing ONCE in his career after having a series lead )

8th seed 3-1 series lead in 2006 ( loses to #1 seed suns in 7 )

more ETHER

SOD 21
06-09-2014, 02:01 PM
4 of Kobe's finals came with Shaq.

Stop ignoring this. Not only did Duncan not have a player close to as good as Shaq, but he had to go against Shaq.

Again, imagine Duncan and Shaq played together from 98 through 05.

How many finals is Kobe making during that time on teams like the Spurs?

The answer is likely 0...perhaps 1.

Kobe fans always do this. Stop ignoring that 4 of his 7 finals appearances came while playing with a top 8 player of all time in his prime/peak.

And Tim Duncan had the luxury of playing with David Robinson, only one of the best defensive centers in the history of the league, for his first two championships. Don't forget that David Robinson agreed to take a lesser role for San Antonio to accommodate Tim Duncan in the 1999 season, he averaged 26 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks from 1994 to 1998.

Are we going to pretend that isn't an incredible amount of help right there, especially for their first title 1999? He now has had the luxury of playing with two other Hall of Fame players in Manu and Parker for another decade, not to mention Gregg Popovich that entire time?

Tim Duncan supporters are just as guilty as Kobe Bryant supporters of ignoring these facts, too.

SOD 21
06-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Stop avoiding my post. Kobe has not done a damn thing without Phil. The difference is, Spurs fans know Popovich and Duncan are joint at the hip, the reason for the Spurs' long success. Kobe fans (alts) like you shoot everyone but Kobe down to prop him up, shamelessly.

In 2011, Duncan was at his worst: loss to 8th seed. In 2000 Duncan goes down, they lose in the first round (only time that happened in Duncan's prime). In 2013 Duncan establishes himself as arguably the best big man in the league again, Finals appearance. Popovich ultimately hasn't done shit since Duncan's decline.

Please provide one damn thing in the NBA that Tim Duncan has done without Popovich. Just one.

Stop avoiding the question. We can both play that game.

T_L_P
06-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Please provide one damn thing in the NBA that Tim Duncan has done without Popovich. Just one.

Stop avoiding the question.

Absolutely nothing. Again, difference is Pop was a nobody when Duncan got there. Phil had already won 6 rings, and Kobe clearly wasn't a star before he got there. Duncan was a franchise player his first season.

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 02:05 PM

if a team is sh*t ... it doesnt go far... when kobe has the right pieces of HCA... or a series lead.... HE GETS THE JOB DONE

kobe even overcomes series in which hes the underdog more often

if you have a contending team and you're losing to bums... you're a choker

if you have a bum scrub ass coach and team mates and lose... its what was supposed to happen

did you know kobe won 4 of his 5 titles without the #1 record in the nba

duncans lost 5 times with the #1 record

its obvious duncan is a god damn choker

again.. what is the definition of a choker to you

quit derailing my question or asking a question in response to mine

you slackjawed f*ck

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 02:07 PM
again

tim duncan

HCA 2-0 series lead in 2004 ( backdoor swept by los angeles 2-4 )

HCA 1-0 series lead in 2006 ( loses to dallas in 7 )

HCA 2-0 series lead in 2012 ( backdoor swept by OKC 2-4 )

west 1st seed 3-2 series lead in 2013 ( loses to miami in 7 )

HCA 1-0 series lead in 2014 ( loses to miami? )

compared to

kobe bryant ( only losing ONCE in his career after having a series lead )

8th seed 3-1 series lead in 2006 ( loses to #1 seed suns in 7 )

PJR
06-09-2014, 02:08 PM

Stop avoiding the question. We can both play that game.

What has Popovich done without Duncan? Not a damn thing.

The Spurs would've fell into deep irrelevance had Duncan decided to sign with the Magic in the summer of 2000.

SOD 21
06-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Absolutely nothing. Again, difference is Pop was a nobody when Duncan got there. Phil had already won 6 rings, and Kobe clearly wasn't a star before he got there. Duncan was a franchise player his first season.

Isn't the fact that Tim Duncan has always been a franchise player an indictment on the many postseason failures that the original poster in this thread documented?

That many years of underachieving should fall at the feet of your franchise player, right?

SOD 21
06-09-2014, 02:12 PM
What has Popovich done without Duncan? Not a damn thing.

The Spurs would've fell into deep irrelevance had Duncan decided to sign with the Magic in the summer of 2000.

Does this version of San Antonio fall to complete irrelevancy without Tim Duncan if Great Popovich is still coaching them?

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 02:16 PM
and its not like kobe doesnt have an overall great body of work in the playoffs

its better than duncans

24 series wins against 50+ win teams

most all time by an mvp or finals mvp

its not like kobe was a loser or a bum every other year he didnt win a title

since kobe became a starter

- 1999 semifinals
- 2000 champions
- 2001 champions
- 2002 champions
- 2003 semifinals
- 2004 finals
- 2005 missed playoffs
- 2006 1st round
- 2007 1st round
- 2008 finals
- 2009 champions
- 2010 champions
- 2011 semifinals
- 2012 semifinals

then he got the achilles injury and his career ended

now look at that resume

how on earth did kobe manage to only lose

- only one time with a series lead

- only one time to a team with a worse record

its not like kobe wasnt in a position to succeed or had pressure to win.... its not like he was a bum every year he didnt win a title

but seemingly every single god damn year duncan lost. he had home court advantage or a series lead...

PJR
06-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Does this version of San Antonio fall to complete irrelevancy without Tim Duncan if Great Popovich is still coaching them?

The main reason this current version of the Spurs is competing like it is, is because how Duncan still protects the rim and scores on the block at his advanced age. Not to mention because he took a massive pay cut so the small market Spurs can actually afford to put that great depth around him.

Tim Duncan is the very foundation of the Spurs success. Because of how unselfish he is, everyone else falls in line.

T_L_P
06-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Kenneth, what was a bigger choke, Kobe vs. the Spurs in 99 or Duncan vs. the Mavs in 06? You've noted Tim's loss as a choke, because of HCA, but not Kobe's, so I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Don't stray away from the question, if possible. If you answer 06, you're a confirmed idiot. If you answer 99, your whole logic and reasoning fails. Either way, you haven't put much thought into this (probably because you looked at it from the view of protecting your idol).

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Kenneth, what was a bigger choke, Kobe vs. the Spurs in 99 or Duncan vs. the Mavs in 06? You've noted Tim's loss as a choke, but not Kobe's, so I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.

Don't stray away from the question, if you are at all capable.

spurs had home court vs kobe

spurs had the better record vs kobe

kobe was 20 and shaq demanded most of the spotlight

spurs had a way better coach

robinson/duncans spurs were supposed to win...

they were the better team

kobes only lost one time in his life to a team with a worse record

2004 pistons

duncan will have lost 8 times to a team with a worse record after this finals

why dont you just admit it.. the facts are right infront of you

T_L_P
06-09-2014, 02:23 PM
spurs had home court vs kobe

spurs had the better record vs kobe

kobe was 20 and shaq demanded most of the spotlight

spurs had a way better coach

robinson/duncans spurs were supposed to win...

they were the better team

kobes only lost one time in his life to a team with a worse record

2004 pistons

duncan will have lost 8 times to a team with a worse record after this finals

why dont you just admit it.. the facts are right infront of you

So, did Duncan choked worse than Kobe in those scenarios? Are you broken or something? Can't you just answer the question? DID DUNCAN CHOKE WORSE THAN KOBE, YES OR NO?

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 02:26 PM
what happened in 2001, 2002 and 2004 when spurs had the home court and better record vs kobe bryant and the los angeles lakers

out of duncans biggest failures... kobe is responsible for more than anyone

no wonder you dislike the man

Just2McFly
06-09-2014, 02:28 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

i legit loled in real life

Stringer Bell
06-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Duncan > Kobe

People are too caught up in their homosexual man love.

Kobe is great. Duncan is greater.

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 02:33 PM
So, did Duncan choked worse than Kobe in those scenarios? Are you broken or something? Can't you just answer the question? DID DUNCAN CHOKE WORSE THAN KOBE, YES OR NO?

easly lol

that was the prime of duncans life and spurs in 2006 had a dominating 63-19 record

duncan had a great series individually... but when kobe loses and he has good numbers. people say he didnt make his team mates better and hogged too much

the loss always falls on the leader.

kobe in 1999 wasnt even in his prime yet

and its obvious in 2006 duncans spurs played better when he didnt try and score a ton. in the game 6 win duncan only shot 38%

spurs win with defense... ( atleast at the time they did.. ) its obvious duncan and the spurs failed on the defensive end that series. thats why they lost

duncan fans always bring up defense when kobe fans bring up his scoring records.... well why not talk about it when they fail?

cant have everything. gotta take the good with the bad

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 02:36 PM
Duncan > Kobe

People are too caught up in their homosexual man love.

Kobe is great. Duncan is greater.

notice how when a kobe fan says something. its facts, research and evidence

then the duncan supporters come in and say

duncan > kobe

:lol :roll: :oldlol:

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 02:38 PM
TLP = lets ignore defense when talking about duncan if he loses

and lets worship the defensive anchor powerhouse legend stopper when they win

spurs win with offense..............if they lose with HCA... duncan scored a ton of points brah!!!!!!!!

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

Spurs5Rings2014
06-09-2014, 02:53 PM
TLP owned the fck out of kenneth in this thread. Got damn.

:oldlol:

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 02:57 PM
TLP owned the fck out of kenneth in this thread. Got damn.

i swear when i read that i thought it said "TLP got owned the fck out by kenneth"

cause i'm pretty sure i was the only one providing facts

then i saw your name. read it again.. and surprise surprise

dubeta
06-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Why does it feel like kenneth scours through pages of basketball statistic or facts, trying hard to spin whatever info he can to still insist kobe > duncan or lebron? :roll:

houston
06-09-2014, 04:50 PM
kenneth coming with facts

stalkerforlife
06-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Duncan definitely isn't better if he chokes away another finals.

He has a case if he plays well and they win.

DMAVS41
06-09-2014, 04:52 PM
easly lol

that was the prime of duncans life and spurs in 2006 had a dominating 63-19 record

duncan had a great series individually... but when kobe loses and he has good numbers. people say he didnt make his team mates better and hogged too much

the loss always falls on the leader.

kobe in 1999 wasnt even in his prime yet

and its obvious in 2006 duncans spurs played better when he didnt try and score a ton. in the game 6 win duncan only shot 38%

spurs win with defense... ( atleast at the time they did.. ) its obvious duncan and the spurs failed on the defensive end that series. thats why they lost

duncan fans always bring up defense when kobe fans bring up his scoring records.... well why not talk about it when they fail?

cant have everything. gotta take the good with the bad

In that game 6 win against Dallas...care to mention that Jason Terry was suspended and didn't play???? Or did you just not know that? That is why the Spurs were able to win that game on the road. LOL

Could you be more biased? The year in question...what is objectively better;

Averaging 28/6/5 59% TS against the 16th ranked defensive team in the Suns...while blowing a 3-1 series lead and quitting/choking in game 7...or

Averaging 32/12/4 62% TS against the 11th ranked defensive team in the Mavs...while going for 41/15/6 60% TS in game 7

On your own retarded criteria....06 Duncan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 06 Kobe

Funny you mention defense...Kobe's defense was worse against the Suns than Duncan's was against the Mavs...and the real kicker...Duncan's offense was far better than Kobe's. Duncan posted a 122 ortg in that series. Kobe posted a 108 ortg in his. ROFL...dat Kobe offense doe...LOL

CJ Mustard
06-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Duncan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe

NumberSix
06-09-2014, 05:01 PM
Tim Duncan is shooting like 90% in this series. Don't compare Chuckers like Kobe to him.

houston
06-09-2014, 05:05 PM

Duncan ain't better than Kobe. Even if Duncan wins the Finals he still wouldn't be better than Kobe. Duncan washed up it been Tony Parker team these last few years with Manu contributing. Both Manu and Parker been playing at all-star/all-nba level since 05 for the Spurs.

Duncan is more well liked player than Kobe that why he doesn't get criticism like Kobe. Duncan been done as a player since 2010 IMO. Come on guys this the same Tim Duncan that got destroyed by Zach Randolph in 2011. And last year blew a 3-2 lead to the Heat last year. Duncan have alot fails in his career can't win a ring every year.

ninephive
06-09-2014, 05:17 PM

ISH...where winning more and getting higher seeds in the playoffs is worse than missing the playoffs or having lower seeds in the playoffs. Congratulations...you lost in the playoffs and were worse in the regular season.

ninephive
06-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Kobe is irrelevant at this point. He's never even going to be in a position to choke again.
Exactly, I feel for Kobe and his injury because in terms of legacy his will be more of a "what-if." Almost every person with a decent grasp of the history of the game already puts Duncan over Kobe in rank, but Duncan keeps extending it with his longevity and keeps shattering records (ex: playoff double-doubles, consecutive years with 50+ wins, consecutive years making the playoffs, etc). Then Duncan adds to his resume being relevant across numerous eras (heels of Jordan's bulls, ending LA dynasty, stopping a potential Detroit dynasty, now challenging Lebron dynasty) while Kobe will probably never make it to see a Finals against Lebron (while Duncan has 3 times and counting). The world wanted to see it and probably never will, but Kobe has his place in history...it's just sad that he got a slow start when he came into the league, had a stat-padding year with a bad team, had a year with great potential with Dwight and couldn't make it work, and his career is potentially cut short becuase of injury.

ninephive
06-09-2014, 05:37 PM

When does Duncan not play well in the playoffs?

6 for 24
06-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Kenneth, I am starting to become worried about you. All of this time I thought you were a knowledgeable NBA insider, but recently I'm detecting a hint (just a hint mind you) of insecurity.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like what you are doing here is trying to convince yourself that the Spurs losing will be a "win" situation for us diehard Kobe stans, since it will further tarnish Tim Duncan's legacy, yes?

And this is really to lessen the impact of LeBron winning his third straight Finals and third straight FMVP, yes?

But, as I keep telling you, this is just silliness! As we both know, LeBron is nowhere near Kobe, legacy wise. Say LeBron gets 3 titles and 3 FMVPs. Kobe has 5 titles and 5 FMVPs (well ok in 2000 he was 1/1A with Shaq but we can overlook that). As diehard Kobe stans, we only have to start worrying at WORST if LeBron wins again next year. And even then he will have done so with a far worse PER (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324201)

aau
06-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Funny you mention defense...Kobe's defense was worse against the Suns than Duncan's was against the Mavs... ...LOL

still making up stuff

hahaha

next time yall passing the bong around

let a brutha know , , , a'ight

kobe vs bell/barbosa

g1 combined - 23p 4/14 fg
g2 raja bell - - 23p .533
g3 combined - 19p 6/16 fg
g4 combined - 13p 5/14 fg
g5 combined - 22p 8/18
g6 barbosa - - 22p .778
g7 combined - 39p 15/19 fg

couple of nice games for sure

outside of games 2 and 6 they combined for

23ppg hit 38 of 81fg or 46%

23 of 62 or .370 prior to game 7

here's duncan vs dirk

g1 - 20p . . 8/20
g2 - 21p . . 7/11
g3 - 27p . . 21/24ft
g4 - 28p . . 7/12
g5 - 31p . . 13/22
g6 - 26p . . 9/16
g7 - 37p . . 11/20

tim held dirk below 50% . . . ONE TIME
sent dirk to the line 24x before fouling out
gave up 30 points twice . . 37 in game 7 loss

dirk totals

27p 13r .527 from the floor

keep making up shit doe

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 05:50 PM
still making up stuff

hahaha

next time yall passing the bong around

let a brutha know , , , a'ight

kobe vs bell/barbosa

g1 combined - 23p 4/14 fg
g2 raja bell - - 23p .533
g3 combined - 19p 6/16 fg
g4 combined - 13p 5/14 fg
g5 combined - 22p 8/18
g6 barbosa - - 22p .778
g7 combined - 39p 15/19 fg

couple of nice games for sure

outside of games 2 and 6 they combined for

23ppg hit 38 of 81fg or 46%

23 of 62 or .370 prior to game 7

here's duncan vs dirk

g1 - 20p . . 8/20
g2 - 21p . . 7/11
g3 - 27p . . 21/24ft
g4 - 28p . . 7/12
g5 - 31p . . 13/22
g6 - 26p . . 9/16
g7 - 37p . . 11/20

tim held dirk below 50% . . . ONE TIME
sent dirk to the line 24x before fouling out
gave up 30 points twice . . 37 in game 7 loss

dirk totals

27p 13r .527 from the floor

keep making up shit doe

what a f*cking choker

jongib369
06-09-2014, 05:59 PM
What were his stats during these "choke jobs"? Was it his doing or his team underperforming as a whole?

aau
06-09-2014, 06:12 PM
what a f*cking choker

facts remain a foreign substance around here

just saw someone ask someone else to explain a hypothetical

hahaha

keep doing your thing griff

CJ Mustard
06-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Duncan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CJ Mustard
06-09-2014, 06:14 PM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe