PDA

View Full Version : Lettuce Be Cereal About Lebron James

RoseCity07
06-09-2014, 02:58 PM
We are watching a player that isn't there yet, but is becoming the best basketball player of all-time. He has literally done everything people say he couldn't do. He even decided to activate his clutch genes in recent years. Lebron is a player that will hit clutch shots to close out games in the NBA Finals.

I'm calling it now. When his career is over Lebron will be considered better than Michael Jordan. Even taking into consideration that this is a softer league Lebron is still a better talent. Basketball is basketball. He is probably the smartest player to ever step on a NBA court.

Ca$H
06-09-2014, 03:07 PM
This is the reason why people hate Bran. MJ playing basketball is better than anybody else doing anything else. He is synonymous with being the GOAT. If you are the GOAT at table tennis for example people will say you are the Jordan of table tennis. Quit being a prisoner of the moment. Jordan would eviscerate Bran. It isn't even close. Bran is closer to Big O than Jordan.

ZMonkey11
06-09-2014, 03:11 PM
He is probably the smartest player to ever step on a NBA court.

:wtf: This is a troll thread right?

The_LA_Blakers
06-09-2014, 03:22 PM
This is the reason why people hate Bran. MJ playing basketball is better than anybody else doing anything else. He is synonymous with being the GOAT. If you are the GOAT at table tennis for example people will say you are the Jordan of table tennis. Quit being a prisoner of the moment. Jordan would eviscerate Bran. It isn't even close. Bran is closer to Big O than Jordan.

Better passer? Bron

Better Rebounder? Bron

Better 3 point shooter? Bron

Smarter player? Bron

Better Scorer? Michael

Better leader? Michael

Better clutch? Michael

Bigger, stronger, faster? Bron

Better teams around him? Jordan

Bron by an inch.

Smook A.
06-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Better passer? Bron

Better Rebounder? Bron

Smarter player? Bron

Better Scorer? Michael

Better leader? Michael

Better clutch? Michael

Bron by an inch.
Bron is a better rebounder because he is 6'8. Of course the 6'8 guy is gonna be a better rebounder than the 6'6 dude.

Smarter player? I think Jordan was the smarter player. But that can be argued

And lol why are you putting "Bigger, stronger, faster" in there? That doesn't make him a better basketball player. Its all about performance.

MJ > LeBron

Smook A.
06-09-2014, 03:33 PM
He is probably the smartest player to ever step on a NBA court
You:

http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/format/jpg/quality/82/resize/277x295/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/9685782cdc652a4eb698c13b131b4a17

tmacattack33
06-09-2014, 03:35 PM

I don't watch Golf but it seems like Tiger is more of a consensus GOAT than Jordan.

Jordan has to deal with Kareem, and peak for peak you can argue for Shaq.

I don't think Tiger has to deal with anyone who is even in the discussion.

The_LA_Blakers
06-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Bron is a better rebounder because he is 6'8. Of course the 6'8 guy is gonna be a better rebounder than the 6'6 dude.

o rly?

Who was a better rebounder:

http://insidesfrealestate.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/1997_rodman_rebound.jpg

http://www.rnningfool.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/18733315.jpg

And lol why are you putting "Bigger, stronger, faster" in there? That doesn't make him a better basketball player. Its all about performance.

MJ > LeBron

Because bigger, stronger, faster matters when you're talking about the goat.

K Xerxes
06-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Better passer? Bron

Better Rebounder? Bron

Smarter player? Bron

Better Scorer? Michael

Better leader? Michael

Better clutch? Michael

Bron by an inch.

Bigger, faster and stronger as a criteria? :oldlol:

If you're gonna use bullshit criteria like this, I think something like this is more reasonable:

Better scorer: Jordan

Better rebounder: James

Better passer/playmaker: James

Better defender: Jordan

Better off ball: Jordan

Better mental: Jordan

Jordan by more than an inch.

Smook A.
06-09-2014, 03:43 PM
o rly?

Who was a better rebounder:

http://insidesfrealestate.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/1997_rodman_rebound.jpg

http://www.rnningfool.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/18733315.jpg

Because bigger, stronger, faster matters when you're talking about the goat.
Jordan and LeBron are both athletic. In those picture you're comparing a white Roy Hibbert to Rodman... and we all know how Dennis Rodman was.

And bro you can be bigger, faster, and stronger but it still wouldn't matter if you don't have skill. LeBron has skill but Jordan is still better than LeBron. MJ is the better scorer, leader, and defender. Not to mention, he was an above-average passer and rebounder and most importantly... a better winner. He had it all

LBJ still has alot of catching up to do before you can say he's better than Mike.

RoseCity07
06-09-2014, 03:47 PM
It's not just this moment. Hell, even if they lose the series I'd feel the game way. Lebron doesn't have Scottie Pipper on his side either. Wade is nearing the end of his career. His knees are almost done. Bosh is solid but no superstar.

Lebron will pass Jordan.

The_LA_Blakers
06-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Jordan and LeBron are both athletic. In those picture you're comparing a white Roy Hibbert to Rodman... and we all know how Dennis Rodman was.

And bro you can be bigger, faster, and stronger but it still wouldn't matter if you don't have skill. LeBron has skill but Jordan is still better than LeBron. MJ is the better scorer, leader, and defender. Not to mention, he was an above-average passer and rebounder and most importantly... a better winner. He had it all

LBJ still has alot of catching up to do before you can say he's better than Mike.

I was making a point because you said of course someone two inches taller would be a better rebounder. Lots of athletic guys weren't as good a rebounder as rodman.

And LBJ is a better defender than Mike hands down. Better passer too.

Michael benefits from being the guy everyone grew up with and being on TV 24/7 when we was kids. Once a dude retires he gets better in everyones minds as time goes on. Plus LBJ has more haters than any athlete that's ever lived. It's not even worth arguing because people won't ever think rationally about the debate. Everyone already has their minds made up.

UK2K
06-09-2014, 03:50 PM
]Bron is a better rebounder because he is 6'8. Of course the 6'8 guy is gonna be a better rebounder than the 6'6 dude. [/B]

MJ > LeBron

Not only is he 6'8", hes 255lbs and a physical freak...

The_LA_Blakers
06-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Not only is he 6'8", hes 265lbs and a physical freak...

I wonder who his dad was and what he was like? IDK how anyone can have this many physical and mental tools. Lebron is like nothing we've ever seen or ever will see.

Smook A.
06-09-2014, 03:52 PM
It's not just this moment. Hell, even if they lose the series I'd feel the game way. Lebron doesn't have Scottie Pipper on his side either. Wade is nearing the end of his career. His knees are almost done. Bosh is solid but no superstar.

Lebron will pass Jordan.
Wade's talent is enough to fill the Scottie Pippen role. D-Wade has been big for LeBron

RoseCity07
06-09-2014, 03:56 PM
Wade's talent is enough to fill the Scottie Pippen role. D-Wade has been big for LeBron

What did he have 14-18 points? You telling me that's another star. That's a role player making a few open shots. Wade is clearly hurt.

Mass Debator
06-09-2014, 03:58 PM
The only real thing he doesn't do "above average" is shooting free throws and fouling players more. Eventual GOAT.

The_LA_Blakers
06-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Speaking of Lebron's dad, look at this dude.

I wonder what kind of a baller he was back in the day?

http://media.thehoopdoctors.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/mcclellan.jpg

theoneneo
06-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Lebron already has 2 of the worse performing finals performances in history for a player of his caliber, his best years are behind him, just like Kobe, and Garnett, and Tmac, and any of these guys who came from High School, his body will soon start depletion. Not to mention he's only defeated 7 50 win playoff teams in 10 years, not to mention he's gonna be 2/5 in the finals after this year... how the hell is he surpassing Mike, or Kareem?:biggums:

NumberSix
06-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Lebron already has 2 of the worse performing finals performances in history for a player of his caliber, his best years are behind him, just like Kobe, and Garnett, and Tmac, and any of these guys who came from High School, his body will soon start depletion. Not to mention he's only defeated 7 50 win playoff teams in 10 years, not to mention he's gonna be 2/5 in the finals after this year... how the hell is he surpassing Mike, or Kareem?:biggums:
LeBron is 29. He as minimum 3 peak years left.

The_LA_Blakers
06-09-2014, 04:31 PM

Lol - only?

And going to 5 finals is bad?

Magic lost 4 finals bro, don't hear anyone bitchin bout that. ANd he had the greatest scorer and center in NBA history on his team. Bron had bird.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2251451/birdman.gif

Greatest Harlem Shake vid ever.

veilside23
06-09-2014, 07:24 PM
cant believe that people still disregard the fact that Mj never lose in the finals ...

Mrofir
06-09-2014, 08:11 PM
What did he have 14-18 points? You telling me that's another star. That's a role player making a few open shots. Wade is clearly hurt.

Pippen averaged about 15ppg in the last 3 Finals series the Bulls won.

Real14
06-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Reported For Stupidity.

Black and White
06-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Better passer? Bron

Better Rebounder? Bron

Smarter player? Bron

Better Scorer? Michael

Better leader? Michael

Better clutch? Michael

Bron by an inch.

:biggums: to the smarter player

3-point shooting is debateable, during the second 3-peat, Jordan was pretty good from beyond the arc

Dengness9
06-09-2014, 08:17 PM
I don't watch Golf but it seems like Tiger is more of a consensus GOAT than Jordan.

Jordan has to deal with Kareem, and peak for peak you can argue for Shaq.

I don't think Tiger has to deal with anyone who is even in the discussion.

You are far off my friend. Jack Nicklaus still holds the most major record with 18 to Tiger's 14. Tiger is one of my favorite athletes ever, but he hasn't won a major in 5 years.

He was going to be the unquestioned GOAT of golf but now its always gonna be some saying him and others saying Jack.

Mrofir
06-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Lebron is chasing Kobe right now, not Jordan. Lebron's 2 rings with this stacked team are worth about the same to me as each of Kobe's rings with Shaq. He still hasn't delivered the way Kobe did in the 2 subsequent championships. In my book he's got a decent way to go to catch Kobe. I think he will, but Jordan comparisons are very premature.

Real14
06-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Lebron is chasing Kobe right now, not Jordan. Lebron's 2 rings with this stacked team are worth about the same to me as each of Kobe's rings with Shaq. He still hasn't delivered the way Kobe did in the 2 subsequent championships. In my book he's got a decent way to go to catch Kobe. I think he will, but Jordan comparisons are very premature.
please stop with tha stupidity already:facepalm

Mrofir
06-09-2014, 08:27 PM
please stop with tha stupidity already:facepalm

^This is an example of a mindless, thoughtless post. If you have an opinion, use your words. There is no stupidity in giving Kobe his due by saying Lebron has to earn his spot ahead of Kobe.

I'm not taking anything away from Lebron. I'm comparing him to another top 10 player. Kobe deserves a lot of respect for what he accomplished, and for Lebron to leapfrog Kobe after 2 rings with an excellent roster, and start with MJ comparisons is just short sighted and wrong. I have no doubt in my mind that a prime Kobe on this Heat team would have led them to championships in 2013, 2012, and 2011.

The only people starting with MJ comparisons are people who really wish it was a legitimate comparison. Lebron has 4 championships to go. That's a lot. Kobe is a more reasonable target.