PDA

View Full Version : Josh Smith for Rudy Gay? Either team willing?

Dr Seuss
06-09-2014, 03:03 PM
What are your thoughts on this trade?

it would mean rudy would opt in for the final season of his contract, and play at least 1 year in detroit, but by doing so, theyd be getting rid of smith and his contract and maybe they could keep monroe

why would the kings do that? great question that i really dont have an answer for. but if they think they can turn smith into a consistent night in, night out defensive presence for the kings, it may be an option. pair that front court up with a good pass first PG, then they could potentially be dangerous. Malone would have a lot of work to do finding a good structure to fit smith's game into the offense.

ZMonkey11
06-09-2014, 03:09 PM
I'd be willing to do it if I were the Pistons. Gay's contract would be a lot easier to get rid of than Smith's current contract. And we'd finally have a legit SF. Maybe Pistons could package Gay's expiring contract with Jennings and somehow get out of this hell hole Joe D created.

Dr. Ice
06-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Rudy gay is sooooo much better than josh smith at this point, and was actually pretty good in sacramento. This isn't happening

JUDGE WITNESS
06-09-2014, 03:23 PM
dont think the kings would be willing up to give up rudy so readily, especially not for smiths contract and the fact that rudy has melded pretty well with the guys in sac

Dr Seuss
06-24-2014, 03:38 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/481517775156817920

it looks like there may be legs to this idea. its only rumored at this point, but the basis of it is that Smith goes to SAC in hopes of getting rondo to commit to the kings via trade.

no mention of gay being involved, but youd have to imagine they use him as trade bait considering hes a 20 mil expirer

Fiddlesticks
06-24-2014, 03:41 PM
Hell no, Smith is a top 10 PF in the game. Gay is solid but he is no where near as good as Smith defensively. One bad year and people forget how good Smith is.

Dr Seuss
06-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Hell no, Smith is a top 10 PF in the game. Gay is solid but he is no where near as good as Smith defensively. One bad year and people forget how good Smith is.

smith is a talented player, but hes not a good fit for the pistons. and given the offense that van gundy will want to run, hes an even worse fit now. Gay would be a decent fit for the Pistons for one year.

Fiddlesticks
06-24-2014, 03:45 PM
smith is a talented player, but hes not a good fit for the pistons. and given the offense that van gundy will want to run, hes an even worse fit now. Gay would be a decent fit for the Pistons for one year.
I think they can get more for Josh after he plays well this year.

tontoz
06-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Detroit would do this in a heartbeat.

CeltsGarlic
06-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Every team should trade for Rudy to appreciate how great it is not having him.

Fiddlesticks
06-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Detroit would do this in a heartbeat.
Rudy Gay is a black hole, only reason for this move is cap space. I think Detroit are in a win now situation with Jennings, Drummond, and Smith as the Big 3. Just need to get a solid small forward with Monroe contend.

Miles and Miles
06-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Josh Smith for Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams is the currently rumored deal. I don't see anyway that could possibly happen. I would love it if it did. But sounds too good to be true.

dd24
06-24-2014, 04:32 PM
I don't know what the Kings cap situation is but it seems like it would be tough to make a Williams +Thompson for Smith trade happen. I'd do it though. I think Williams would fit well next to Drummond & Monroe as a backup to them. I don't think he can play SF though.

Kukoc
06-24-2014, 04:33 PM
Who would ever wanna trade for Josh Smith.
He has a huge pay check

Rake2204
06-24-2014, 04:36 PM
I'd be willing to trade Josh Smith for Lionel Simmons and Duane Causwell at this point.

hawksdogsbraves
06-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Pistons do it in a second, they'd do anything to get rid of Smith.

Plus Gay is probably the better player, and you only have to have him for one year.

QuebecBaller
06-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Gay: "I've made my decision, and I'm gonna play to last year of my contract"

Kings GM: "Hooray, we'll be able to get better players for the next season"

Gay: "You wanted me to stay? You think I'll attract big free agents?"
http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2010/03/05/nbMagic7_t607.jpg

Kings GM: "No, we're trading you to Detroit for better players!"
http://www.thesportscol.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/yahoo.jpg

http://squeezetheorange.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/gay.jpg

el gringos
06-24-2014, 04:42 PM
I think they can get more for Josh after he plays well this year.
That's what Knicks fans kept saying about amare and chandler- and still say about shumpert. Value usually goes 1 direction

dd24
06-24-2014, 06:16 PM
^^ Yeah, even though he's the best player involved in the trade there's still the part where the Kings are taking on that contract too. I actually don't mind not getting a ton in return for him. Cap flexibility for players who fit together better is fine by me. It would be nice to get a draft pick too.

andremiller07
06-24-2014, 10:55 PM
Smith is a good fit next to Cousins/Isaiah Thomas , Rudy Gay not so much.

JohnFreeman
06-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Smith would be alright

dd24
06-24-2014, 11:42 PM
Smith is a good fit next to Cousins/Isaiah Thomas , Rudy Gay not so much.

I think Gay, Smith, & Cousins would be pretty dangerous together. Gay, Randolph, & Gasol were. It seems kind of similar. I think Cousins is more talented than Gasol though.