PDA

View Full Version : Ray Allen and Shard

Ca$H
06-09-2014, 03:33 PM
What benefit are they receiving from winning titles with Miami? Role player titles don't enhance your legacy. All they are doing is enhancing Bran's legacy.

The_LA_Blakers
06-09-2014, 03:34 PM
What benefit are they receiving from winning titles with Miami? Role player titles don't enhance your legacy. All they are doing is enhancing Bran's legacy.

Lewis doesn't have one, so he obv don't care, plus he's still gettin dem checks.

And if you think Ray Allen won't forever be remebered for 2013, you jus hatin bruh.

EnoughSaid
06-09-2014, 03:35 PM
Lewis doesn't have one, so he obv don't care, plus he's still gettin dem checks.

And if you think Ray Allen won't forever be remebered for 2013, you jus hatin bruh.

Rashard Lewis was on the team last year...

tmacattack33
06-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Role players legacies don't go up much you are correct, but this can extend Allen's career and gain him some endorsements.

Imagine if Ray Allen was still in Boston. He'd basically be retired as far as casual fans go. Now, he's in the spot light.

Nash
06-09-2014, 03:39 PM
you guys are idiots, you think only fmvp gets a ring? these guys live and breathe heat/spurs basketball the whole year

Ca$H
06-09-2014, 03:39 PM

It annoys me seeing Allen and Shard playing so hard for no reason. They are just Riley and Bran's servants. Allen and Shard did more to enhance their legacies in Seattle by taking that crap team to third seed in the competitive west as the top 2 players on that team.

Wavves
06-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Ray Allen is on shard????

inclinerator
06-09-2014, 03:40 PM
who cares, nobody talks about legacies outside the top 10 players anyways,
ray allen maybe top 40 and lewis are borderline top 50 at best

Real Men Wear Green
06-09-2014, 03:41 PM
And now we don't see the value of championship rings.

The_LA_Blakers
06-09-2014, 03:44 PM

I know, and he was a role player last year. He barely played and Miami was prob only place he could have played so he makes a million dollars and gets a chance at a ring? WHy is that so hard to undersrabd? no other team was beating down his door for his services so its either a cool mil and a ring or sit at home and play madden. easy choice.

KrizMiz
06-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Read one of lewis last interviews, he explains everything, dont habe a link sorry

Ca$H
06-09-2014, 03:47 PM
And now we don't see the value of championship rings.

I don't see the value of role player rings for former all stars. They are lowering themselves to enhance another guy's legacy. Just retire with dignity. If you are a guy like Fisher and Horry then props for your role player rings. I am embarrassed for ray allen seeing him play so hard and with passion when he is just a pawn to enhance Bran's legacy.

DaSeba5
06-09-2014, 03:49 PM

Lewis has been a good player in his career. He's a 2x time All-Star and top 10 in 3-point shooting. Plus he went to the Finals 3 times (one time as a Magic) and will potentially have 2 rings. So he does have a legacy. People respect him.

And we all know Allen. I don't need to get into that.

BoutPractice
06-09-2014, 03:50 PM
ISH, where everything that happens in the NBA is determined by considerations regarding the legacies of two or three players.

Might as well not play in the NBA at all if your name is not Kobe or LeBron.

oarabbus
06-09-2014, 03:52 PM
It annoys me seeing Allen and Shard playing so hard for no reason. They are just Riley and Bran's servants. Allen and Shard did more to enhance their legacies in Seattle by taking that crap team to third seed in the competitive west as the top 2 players on that team.

:biggums: :wtf:

DMV2
06-09-2014, 03:52 PM
who cares, nobody talks about legacies outside the top 10 players anyways,
ray allen maybe top 40 and lewis are borderline top 50 at best
:biggums: Shard's closer to 150-200 than Top 50.

Allen is between 75-100.

I remember ISH did a Top 100 last year and Manu was actually left out. Top 100 is actually pretty deep list.

NuggetsFan
06-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Ray Allen for me it's huge. He left for Boston after his big years to win rings and grabbed one as a big part of a team. Now he transitioned into a legit role player that has contributed to winning rings. He'll be remembered for that. Guy who put up numbers and came up short by himself, won a championship as a main piece and than hung around and was a valuable player on a few more championship teams. Years from now looking back I'm sure the whole winning with Pierce/KG than taking off and winning with LeBron/Wade will be something talked about.

Lewis doesn't mean much IMO. I mean he did nothing last year. He's been solid this year and apart of the team I guess. Only way it benefits him is whenever he's talked about he'll be known as a guy who won a ring. Doesn't help it seems like his entire career will probably fly under the radar. Would have been better for his "legacy" if he could have strung together some 10+ PPG seasons with the Heat. I mean the dude couldn't crack that with the Wizards in almost 30 minutes a night before he came to Miami.

Allen could have contributed to other teams, he's a pretty valuable piece in the grand scheme of things. Lewis is replaceable. Allen is averaging almost 26 minutes a game :confusedshrug:

Crafty
06-09-2014, 03:59 PM
The only thing Lewis had as a legacy before joining the Heat was "the guy with horrible contract".
Ray Allen would be traded to a lottery team had he not left.

NumberSix
06-09-2014, 04:00 PM
I think when he said "doesn't have one", one = legacy.

inclinerator
06-09-2014, 04:01 PM
:biggums: Shard's closer to 150-200 than Top 50.

Allen is between 75-100.

I remember ISH did a Top 100 last year and Manu was actually left out. Top 100 is actually pretty deep list.
serious? i would definitely have manu in my top 50

Real Men Wear Green
06-09-2014, 04:01 PM
I don't see the value of role player rings for former all stars. They are lowering themselves to enhance another guy's legacy. Just retire with dignity. If you are a guy like Fisher and Horry then props for your role player rings. I am embarrassed for ray allen seeing him play so hard and with passion when he is just a pawn to enhance Bran's legacy.
What you should try and understand is that what they value is not going to be the same thing as what you value. For an NBA player, someone that has dedicated their entire life to basketball, there are few things more valuable than an NBA championship, which is one of if not the absolute greatest thing a player can win. A guy like Allen that is a solid rotation player but no longer a star can't carry a team anywhere. So why not play for a Championship? You think he should retire? Ok, tell me what other job he can get where he makes a million dollars every year plus endorsement money. To play basketball. He has one of the best jobs a person could have. "Retire?" You give terrible advice.

You see, Ray Allen is not some random teen trolling "Bran" on a message board. He's got a far wider perspective and goals like winning rings that require he play on a team with a great player like LeBron James. The mean, quick way to put it? "He doesn't care what you think."

Don't feel bad, we wouldn't care much what I think either.

NumberSix
06-09-2014, 04:05 PM
What you should try and understand is that what they value is not going to be the same thing as what you value. For an NBA player, someone that has dedicated their entire life to basketball, there are few things more valuable than an NBA championship, which is one of if not the absolute greatest thing a player can win. A guy like Allen that is a solid rotation player but no longer a star can't carry a team anywhere. So why not play for a Championship? You think he should retire? Ok, tell me what other job he can get where he makes a million dollars every year plus endorsement money. To play basketball. He has one of the best jobs a person could have. "Retire?" You give terrible advice.

You see, Ray Allen is not some random teen trolling "Bran" on a message board. He's got a far wider perspective and goals like winning rings that require he play on a team with a great player like LeBron James. The mean, quick way to put it? "He doesn't care what you think."

This.

Playing a role on a championship team is obviously better than playing a role on a non champion team.

rhowen4
06-09-2014, 04:11 PM
honestly let's just get these guys off the court and into research

we could really use breakthroughs in physics and biology right now... computing depends on it

Lebron23
06-09-2014, 04:20 PM
OP is an idiot. They are playing hard because they want to win an NBA championship again. Winning a championship is one of the greatest accomplishment in pro sports whether you are a role player or a franchise player.

NumberSix
06-09-2014, 04:22 PM
OP is an idiot, and a stupid Kobetard. They are playing hard because they want to win an NBA championship again. Winning a championship is one of the greatest accomplishment in pro sports whether you are a role player or a franchise player.
I'm sure Ray would love to retire as a 3 time champion.

Smoke117
06-09-2014, 04:25 PM
I'm sure Ray would love to retire as a 3 time champion.

He's not going to retire just yet whether they win or lose.

Byobob
06-09-2014, 04:36 PM

I'm sure OP would have a hard time grasping this because he wouldn't make the thread in the first place if he could. :roll: :roll:

Solid points though. Being an athlete is more than just about making money, IMO. These guys spend so much time on becoming better not just to get a nicer contract or more endorsements. It's their passion and they love doing it. Winning is the fulfillment that they got what they worked for.

r15mohd
06-09-2014, 04:38 PM

I can definitely see him re-signing at least a 1-year deal, ideally two more to be honest

NumberSix
06-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Didn't say when he will retire. If they win this year, whenever he does eventually retire, he wil be a 3 champ. Maybe even more.

stalkerforlife
06-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Mark Jackson - "Ray Allen could play another 5 years." I believe it, too. Dude is so well conditioned. Allen could still start, but he doesn't need to on a team so stacked.

Rashard Lewis is still a big time player. Just because he wasted away on THAT bench doesn't mean anything. Dude is a GOOD low post defender and a knock down shooter. He could still drop 50 with enough touches.

STACKED.

inclinerator
06-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Mark Jackson - "Ray Allen could play another 5 years." I believe it, too. Dude is so well conditioned. Allen could still start, but he doesn't need to on a team so stacked.

Rashard Lewis is still a big time player. Just because he wasted away on THAT bench doesn't mean anything. Dude is a GOOD low post defender and a knock down shooter. He could still drop 50 with enough touches.

STACKED.

:hammerhead:

Real Men Wear Green
06-09-2014, 04:46 PM
:hammerhead:
I guess if he took 60 shots he could do it. I've always thought I could score ten points in an NBA game if they let me shoot 40 times.

houston
06-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Lewis just playing the mike miller role on the team and Allen just being a bench player.

nba_55
06-09-2014, 04:58 PM

STACKED.
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
06-09-2014, 05:03 PM
I imagine most players dont give 2 shits what people on the internet think of their legacy. They are ball players. They want to have fun, win, and make money.

BallsOut
06-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Let's not forget Ray Allen is a ringchaser who betrayed KG and Paul Pierce and that Rashard Lewis does PEDs and was suspended by the NBA for it.

It's pretty easy to not like these scrubs.

Goldrush25
06-09-2014, 05:18 PM

Allen's legacy is solidified. It was before he even got to Miami.

And Lewis doesn't have a legacy.

Besides, it's not about the self, it's about the team, being apart of something bigger than one person.

BrownEye007
06-09-2014, 05:36 PM
If you don't think that even the bench warmers at the very end of the bench don't want a ring you're an idiot.