PDA

View Full Version : This is by far the best Heat team during the LeBron era

Solefade
06-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Bosh, Wade, LeBron all playing at a very high level at the same time, mixed in with some really good and consistent play from Ray Allen and Rashard...this is definitely one of the most underrated and dangerous

even more dangerous than 2011 @DMAVS41 :roll:

NumberSix
06-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Nah, 2012 was better.

BoutPractice
06-09-2014, 04:01 PM
In 2012 the Heat were a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense.

In 2013 they won 66 games in the regular season while being a top 5 offense and still a top 10 defense.

This year they won 54 games and are not even a top 10 defense. The gap between LeBron and Wade's scoring is the greatest it's been since the 3 have been together, too.

They're deeper, more experienced, but most signs in fact point to a regression... Their path to the Finals was easier this year but it's mostly due to the competition.

rhowen4
06-09-2014, 04:17 PM
i think this is the best team ball they've played in the playoffs out of the 4 years

some overhelping on defense but when do they not do that

Byobob
06-09-2014, 04:26 PM
You can add the fact that teams are adapting to Miami's style of defense. They got so much out of their trapping defense because it usually leads to a transition.

I remember watching a slo-mo replay wherein James and Wade were like competing in a 100m dash. Bosh got the loose ball, James and Wade started sprinting like they just heard the starting pistol.

The_LA_Blakers
06-09-2014, 04:28 PM
You can add the fact that teams are adapting to Miami's style of defense. They got so much out of their trapping defense because it usually leads to a transition.

I remember watching a slo-mo replay wherein James and Wade were like competing in a 100m dash. Bosh got the loose ball, James and Wade started sprinting like they just heard the starting pistol.

Lul - make dat GIF bruh!

r15mohd
06-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Bosh, Wade, LeBron all playing at a very high level at the same time, mixed in with some really good and consistent play from Ray Allen and Rashard...this is definitely one of the most underrated and dangerous

he'll find a way to say otherwise lol :rolleyes:

NumberSix
06-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Best Big 3 era Heat teams in order

1. 2012
2. 2014
3. 2013
4. 2011

inclinerator
06-09-2014, 04:37 PM
no u mean lebron is playing his best ball of the lebron era

The_LA_Blakers
06-09-2014, 04:38 PM
Best Big 3 era Heat teams in order

1. 2012
2. 2014
3. 2013
4. 2011

Bosh is at his best now. Bron still at the top. Wade is smarter about things, but can't do what he did in 2011. The big piece missing is Mike Miller and an effective Shane Battier. Lewis has stepped up nicely, but he doesn't take the place of those two guys. Chalmers has done nothing. I hope the Heat win but if they do it will literally be just because of Lebron.

NumberSix
06-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Bosh is at his best now. Bron still at the top. Wade is smarter about things, but can't do what he did in 2011. The big piece missing is Mike Miller and an effective Shane Battier. Lewis has stepped up nicely, but he doesn't take the place of those two guys. Chalmers has done nothing. I hope the Heat win but if they do it will literally be just because of Lebron.
Nah. Bosh has stepped into the #2 role on the team and he's doing a good job. Wade in the #3 role is good for longevity. He still CAN do what he used to. It's just better for everybody for him to preserve himself and puck his spots.

The_LA_Blakers
06-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Nah. Bosh has stepped into the #2 role on the team and he's doing a good job. Wade in the #3 role is good for longevity. He still CAN do what he used to. It's just better for everybody for him to preserve himself and puck his spots.

Nah what? I agree with what you said, but Mike Miller and Battier were so huge the last two years, they need guys like that off the bench to provide a spark. Miller was like a guy off of NBA Jam, but on absolute fire and they wouldn't have won without him.

Battier didn't play a single second last night. Someone else will have to step up because you can't beat this Spurs team without a bench.

Miller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYoYPRNhRQ

Shane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc45Tf6dJF4

Dro
06-09-2014, 04:57 PM
i think this is the best team ball they've played in the playoffs out of the 4 years

some overhelping on defense but when do they not do that
this....Not sure if its their best team but they seem to play the most together if that makes sense....

Eye Test
06-09-2014, 04:58 PM
the miami cavaliers

DMAVS41
06-09-2014, 05:00 PM

I disagree.

I think 11 and 12 (when Bosh was healthy were better), but this team is way better than the Heat were last year in the playoffs. That much is obvious.

I say that outside of Lebron. Obviously this current Heat team is better if Lebron doesn't choke and plays great like he did last night.

Byobob
06-09-2014, 05:03 PM
I'm sure a lot of people hate Battier for whatever reason. But the Heat could really use a "Battier" right now. A glue guy that can knock down open shots. Lewis has been filling this role quite nicely but it ain't there yet.

Battier was really huge on their 2012 run.

Beastmode88
06-09-2014, 05:03 PM
lmfao at people thinking 2011 was the worst roster. trying to bail out bran. you forget miller + chalmers dropped buckets in the finals.

DMAVS41
06-09-2014, 05:06 PM
lmfao at people thinking 2011 was the worst roster. trying to bail out bran. you forget miller + chalmers dropped buckets in the finals.

It's pathetic. That was the one Heat team that was assured of a title if Lebron just plays average.

All the other Heat teams had to go through times in which Lebron has had to be amazing in certain games and a times for series in order to win the title.

But in 11...average Lebron wins you the title with ease.

Everyone ignores this.

nba_55
06-09-2014, 05:07 PM

What's your definition of dropping buckets? Mike Miller scored 3.5 ppg on 30% FG.
Chalmers was good as the sixth man.

Solefade
06-09-2014, 06:02 PM
It's pathetic. That was the one Heat team that was assured of a title if Lebron just plays average.

All the other Heat teams had to go through times in which Lebron has had to be amazing in certain games and a times for series in order to win the title.

Everyone ignores this.

most people attribute that to competition in the finals...an "average lebron" in other playoff rounds that year would have resulted in an L

nba_55
06-09-2014, 06:10 PM

Everyone ignores this.

Lebron isn't part of the team or what? 2011 Lebron was the weakest version of Lebron that Miami had. He was very talented in 2011, but mentally, he wasn't as tough as he is right now or as he was in 2012 and 2013. He became another player after that series.

Real14
06-09-2014, 06:16 PM
You mean tha most stacked?

tomtucker
06-09-2014, 08:15 PM
wade has bum knees.........chalmers is fat..........what else ?

DMAVS41
06-09-2014, 10:23 PM
Lebron isn't part of the team or what? 2011 Lebron was the weakest version of Lebron that Miami had. He was very talented in 2011, but mentally, he wasn't as tough as he is right now or as he was in 2012 and 2013. He became another player after that series.

That is the entire argument...it's talking about the team without Lebron. Obviously if we are including a Lebron that plays like complete shit in the finals...then the 11 Heat are the worst.

But that is never the argument...and also, you have to give the Mavs credit for some of that...especially considering Lebron really struggled in the 13 finals through 6 games as well.

russwest0
06-09-2014, 10:35 PM
2011 the worst roster?

Lmao, that was LeBrons only chance with this Heat team to win a sidekick ring and he blew it.

Though in 2013 vs the Spurs I don't think LeBron really looked that much better than Wade either, so even though I wouldn't call him the sidekick I wouldn't call him the alpha either.

DatAsh
06-09-2014, 10:45 PM

Everyone ignores this.

Ehh part of the problem with 2011 was a bad half court offense. Look at the sets they run now vs what they were running in 2011. 2011 was their weakest year imo because of that. Wade was really healthy back then though, so it's tough to really say. They didn't play the team ball they do now, and Dallas was able to exploit that to beat a much more talented team.

VIP2000
06-09-2014, 10:49 PM
That is the entire argument...it's talking about the team without Lebron. Obviously if we are including a Lebron that plays like complete shit in the finals...then the 11 Heat are the worst.

But that is never the argument...and also, you have to give the Mavs credit for some of that...especially considering Lebron really struggled in the 13 finals through 6 games as well.

The 2011 team outside the big 3 was really poor, although Wade was still at a very high level. Haslem and Mike Miller missed a lot of games due to injury. The starting lineup had Joel Anthony and the corpse of Mike Bibby. The rest of the team included Ilgauskas, Jamaal Magloire, Eddie House, Erick Dampier, who were all on their last legs. Chalmers was still inconsistent. James Jones shot well in the earlier rounds but was a non-factor in the finals. And all Juwan Howard ever did was get into fights with opposing players.

lilteapot
06-09-2014, 10:54 PM
Actually, no. I get it, regularseasonlol but their defense this year has been terrible.

1. 2013
2. 2012
3. 2014
4. 2011

that 2012 team would've been a 60 win season were it not for the lockout.

KG215
06-09-2014, 11:10 PM

Everyone ignores this.
Eh, I always thought there was a pretty big drop-off after the "Big 3" in 2011. There wasn't a legit/fairly consistent 4th and/or 5th scorer or as many shooters to bail LeBron, Wade, and Bosh out, but the last 3 seasons they've had that.

However, the LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all three played at a very high level in the playoffs. Wade was still pretty much peak Wade and he and LeBron were both putting up 1st option numbers (pretty sure Wade led the Heat in scoring in the playoffs if I recall correctly), and Bosh averaged something like 19 and 9 as a third option in the playoffs. That was the best, as a whole, the Big 3 have been in their four years together, but the 4-12 guys weren't as good as they are now; neither was Spoelstra.

SilkkTheShocker
06-09-2014, 11:24 PM
I'm sure a lot of people hate Battier for whatever reason. But the Heat could really use a "Battier" right now. A glue guy that can knock down open shots. Lewis has been filling this role quite nicely but it ain't there yet.

Battier was really huge on their 2012 run.

Battier was border-line terrible during the 2012 playoff run until he went ape-s.hit in the Finals.

coin24
06-09-2014, 11:27 PM
Miami cavaliers, bran carrying a team full of scrubs as usual :oldlol:

nba_55
06-10-2014, 08:41 AM

I don't know about you, but when someone tells me ''best team '', I assume that he is talking about the whole team and not about the team without the best player.

lilgodfather1
06-10-2014, 10:36 AM
The Heat are playing well when LeBron is on the floor. They lose their lead every time he goes off the floor. Miami Cavaliers.

Next year they have nothing.

Kiddlovesnets
06-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Nah Wade is done, and Battier is close to nonexistent. Their role players are old enough comparable to 08 Spurs.

ArbitraryWater
06-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Honestly bruhs, split between 2011 and 2014... 2013 seemed a bit burned out come playoff time, 2011 was a 2-headed monster (took a choke by LeBron and they still almost won), and 2012 entire team just swagged out in the Finals... If we go by singular series, I'd probably say 2012 Finals Miami Heat.

r15mohd
06-10-2014, 11:39 AM
I don't know about you, but when someone tells me ''best team '', I assume that he is talking about the whole team and not about the team without the best player.

DMAVS does this anytime the 2011 team is brought up...he uses it as a prop to the Mavs run that year, then tries and puts in how 2011 regular season was their best also omitting Lebron's MVP years on 2012 and 2013 and the 2013 27game win streak. strictly an agenda on DMAVS part

SilkkTheShocker
06-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Would anyone else take this Heat team over any of the others? Even with only 3-4 Heat players playing well this Finals, this is the clutchest Heat team so far.

2011- Went 3 deep with no bench. Haslem and Miller both hurt.
2012- Role players played like absolute garbage until the Finals. Bosh hurt
2013-Wade is hurt. Team played extremely sluggish in ECF and Finals.
2014- LeBron extremely aggressive, role players clutch, Wade healthy, and Bosh playing great

chazzy
06-10-2014, 12:00 PM
2011 was still the best barring Lebron's unexpected collapse. The value of having your #2 and #3 playing at a consistent high level supersedes better role players. Wade is in the pumpfake stage of his career and doesn't threaten defenses as much, and Bosh isn't rebounding as well.

SCdac
06-10-2014, 12:09 PM
yea DMAVS is so consumed by fanaticism for Dirk, whatever it takes to prop him up he will do it. Kinda sad because he's a good poster otherwise. Clearly the Heat in 2011 were glued and taped together on the fly, no cohesion, half that team retired not long after... and they had a Lebron who was not ready. "If he had just played like himself..." is denying what happpened. He was playing like himself. Not only that but the Heat got deeper, and the offense grew.

GimmeThat
06-10-2014, 12:15 PM

well, the San Antonio Spurs is NOT in charge of stopping Lebron from becoming a better player and showing the world what he is made of.

Wait... they are

SilkkTheShocker
06-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Miami hasn't lost a series since LeBron became a monster in the post. That alone I would take any of the 12-13-14 teams over 2011. Most of the people that say 2011 best have some kind of agenda. I have no problem admitting LeBron choked. But the rest of the team was garbage aside from Bosh/Wade. Did people forget Miami's two best bench players were hurt and Mike Bibby had one of the worst playoff runs ever? Look up his PER. Do I think 2011 still should have won it all? Definitely. But I wouldn't bet against this version of LeBron at all. 2011 LeBron was slower than he is now and had tough year in crunch time. In fact the whole team did for the most part. They lost a lot of close games that year.

ArbitraryWater
06-10-2014, 12:24 PM
2011 was still the best barring Lebron's unexpected collapse. The value of having your #2 and #3 playing at a consistent high level supersedes better role players. Wade is in the pumpfake stage of his career and doesn't threaten defenses as much, and Bosh isn't rebounding as well.

:roll: :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmtWlBA7ZKw

Already did that in 2011 :lol

Agreed

chazzy
06-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Miami hasn't lost a series since LeBron became a monster in the post. That alone I would take any of the 12-13-14 teams over 2011. Most of the people that say 2011 best have some kind of agenda. I have no problem admitting LeBron choked. But the rest of the team was garbage aside from Bosh/Wade. Did people forget Miami's two best bench players were hurt and Mike Bibby had one of the worst playoff runs ever? Look up his PER. Do I think 2011 still should have won it all? Definitely. But I wouldn't bet against this version of LeBron at all. 2011 LeBron was slower than he is now and had tough year in crunch time. In fact the whole team did for the most part. They lost a lot of close games that year.
I agree Lebron is definitely better now than 2011. But he was still very good outside of that aberration of a finals showing. Why do you focus so much on role players like Mike Bibby when you had Wade and Bosh playing on much higher levels? Can you imagine current Wade being capable of 30/7/5 on 53% against the 2011 Celtics? Having an elite #2 and a great #3 is more valuable than role players - more consistent production and requires less from your #1

Bigsmoke
06-10-2014, 12:51 PM
the 2013 would have been the best if Wade was healthy

NumberSix
06-10-2014, 01:10 PM

Everyone ignores this.
Sure, because Dallas was either the weakest team they have played in the finals or tied with OKC for the weakest. Miami honestly should have beat Dallas the way they beat OKC.

Don't be a hypocrite though. You constantly say the fact that LeBron choked in 2011 is part of how good he is or isn't. You can't use that only when it suits you. If Miami's best player choked in the finals, then that means the team wasn't the best, right? A team with a choking LeBron is obviously the worst of the 4.

Solefade
06-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Sure, because Dallas was either the weakest team they have played in the finals or tied with OKC for the weakest. Miami honestly should have beat Dallas the way they beat OKC.

Don't be a hypocrite though. You constantly say the fact that LeBron choked in 2011 is part of how good he is or isn't. You can't use that only when it suits you. If Miami's best player choked in the finals, then that means the team wasn't the best, right? A team with a choking LeBron is obviously the worst of the 4.

hopefully this will be the end of "2011 is the best heat team evar" BS from DMAVS :applause:

Solefade
06-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Would anyone else take this Heat team over any of the others? Even with only 3-4 Heat players playing well this Finals, this is the clutchest Heat team so far.

2011- Went 3 deep with no bench. Haslem and Miller both hurt.
2012- Role players played like absolute garbage until the Finals. Bosh hurt
2013-Wade is hurt. Team played extremely sluggish in ECF and Finals.
2014- LeBron extremely aggressive, role players clutch, Wade healthy, and Bosh playing great

this. how often do you see wade/bosh/bron playing well together? you either have two playing great or one playing great but you rarely ever see all 3 at the same time and it's a thing of beauty to watch.

RRR3
06-10-2014, 01:43 PM
:biggums: This Heat team depends way too heavily on LeBron. Previous Heat teams had more reliable weapons and better defense IMO.

SCdac
06-10-2014, 01:57 PM
:biggums: This Heat team depends way too heavily on LeBron. Previous Heat teams had more reliable weapons and better defense IMO.

Yet his usage-% is down from two years ago, and way down from his Cavaliers days. And lets face it, any team is going to rely heavily on Lebron, he's a point-forward type. It's the Heat team that can fill the cracks around him

ArbitraryWater
06-10-2014, 02:05 PM

If you wanted the argument to go your way you should have said "You cant praise Dallas all that much for winning this goat heat team, when it was due to lebron choking.."

Instead you chose to judge a 2011 miami heat team off one series.. :hammerhead:

RRR3
06-10-2014, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=SCdac]Yet his usage-% is down from two years ago, and way down from his Cavaliers days. And lets face it, any team is going to rely heavily on Lebron, he's a point-forward type. It's the Heat team that can fill the cracks around him

SilkkTheShocker
06-10-2014, 02:15 PM

All the parts are working better together. Too much in the past postseasons it was one or the other. Either the role players sucked, Wade or Bosh was hurt, etc. The first two games of the Finals have been LeBron, Bosh, and Lewis heavy and not much else, sure. But this postseason, you saw the role players hitting clutch shots, LeBron driving more, healthy Wade, and a way more aggressive Bosh. Not sure where did idea came from that Miami's role players were always huge contributers. They didn't have any in 11, they sucked as in 2012 until the Finals, and they were streaky as hell in 2013 playoffs.

SilkkTheShocker
06-10-2014, 02:16 PM
this. how often do you see wade/bosh/bron playing well together? you either have two playing great or one playing great but you rarely ever see all 3 at the same time and it's a thing of beauty to watch.

Definitely the best they have looked as a team in terms of postseason runs. The role players aside from Lewis, will get it together tonight in Miami :cheers:

Doctor Rivers
06-13-2014, 05:57 AM
Definitely the best they have looked as a team in terms of postseason runs. The role players aside from Lewis, will get it together tonight in Miami :cheers:

lolololol

Eye Test
06-13-2014, 05:59 AM
lolololol

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Bandito
06-13-2014, 06:29 AM
Didnt know Lebrick had an era...

Fudge
06-13-2014, 12:24 PM
:roll:

And then the same stans in here were the same ones who shit on the team outside of LeBron in the game thread. :roll:

Pathetic fanbase and franchise.

VIntageNOvel
06-13-2014, 12:29 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7GQSe3WBVyo/UX-Gk3HFFZI/AAAAAAAALgA/IsX2Q7gZiu8/s1600/abandon-thread.gif

veilside23
06-13-2014, 12:41 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7GQSe3WBVyo/UX-Gk3HFFZI/AAAAAAAALgA/IsX2Q7gZiu8/s1600/abandon-thread.gif

LoL

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-13-2014, 01:10 PM
:roll:

And then the same stans in here were the same ones who shit on the team outside of LeBron in the game thread. :roll:

Pathetic fanbase and franchise.
this shit is so true SMH:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Graviton
06-16-2014, 12:02 AM
#Noexcuses