PDA

View Full Version : Kerr and Fisher never even ran an offense. they were spot up shooters

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 05:23 PM
allen iverson even has more knowledge on how to run an offense. he actually was a playmaker for a little while

worst coaching hires of all time

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

kerr and fisher their entire careers = stand in the corner...

Rubio2Gasol
06-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Two of the highest charachter guys in the history of the league, who have played on some of the best teams of all time.

Terrible choices.

Fish was huge on the Lakers back in the day. If he starts instead of payton in 04' Lakers win.

oh the horror
06-09-2014, 05:30 PM
So you assume they didn't know the offense?

Phil trusts him for a reason.

Levity
06-09-2014, 05:31 PM
you dont have to be an on court playmaker to know how to run an offense or team for that matter.

however, there is little knowledge out there regarding kerrand now fishers, team principles. so to call them good choices is a shot in the dark. but i have confidence that phil has an idea what he wants to do. worked out well for shaw (which is a similar scenario, but entirely different at the same time.

D-Rose
06-09-2014, 05:31 PM
You do realize some great coaches never played in the NBA at all? :facepalm

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 05:33 PM
So you assume they didn't know the offense?

Phil trusts him for a reason.

how hard was it for fisher and kerr to be the weak side guys who didnt even rotate

they dont know the triangle offense as well as

- kobe/odom/gasol

or

- kobe/shaq/fox

those guys were on the strong side

fisher and kerr were stuck out on the opposite side waiting for their man to leave and help on someone else

thats all the f*ck they ever did

played0ut
06-09-2014, 05:33 PM
allen iverson even has more knowledge on how to run an offense. he actually was a playmaker for a little while

5 rings > 0
5 rings > 0

I'm sorry, man I couldn't help it.

KobesFinger
06-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Magic sucked as a coach but was the GOAT PG

D-Rose
06-09-2014, 05:35 PM
how hard was it for fisher and kerr to be the weak side guys who didnt even rotate

- kobe/odom/gasol

or

- kobe/shaq/fox

fisher and keer were stuck out on the opposite side waiting for their man to leave and help on someone else

http://media.giphy.com/media/3i7zenReaUuI0/giphy.gif

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 05:38 PM
5 rings > 0
5 rings > 0

I'm sorry, man I couldn't help it.

a role player ring is only valuable compared to other role players

fisher and horry can battle it out.. but neither guy is a hall of famer like allen iverson.

D-Rose
06-09-2014, 05:40 PM
a role player ring is only valuable compared to other role players

fisher and horry can battle it out.. but neither guy is a hall of famer like allen iverson.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/bust.gif

smoovegittar
06-09-2014, 05:40 PM

worst coaching hires of all time

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

kerr and fisher their entire careers = stand in the corner...
What an effing retarded post. You're actually gonna sit there and make like AI would be a better coach? Bitch can't even manage his money. GTFO :facepalm

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 05:44 PM
What an effing retarded post. You're actually gonna sit there and make like AI would be a better coach? Bitch can't even manage his money. GTFO :facepalm

allen iverson the person would fail.

but thats only cause hes a low life lazy a**hole

but i still bet he knows more about running an offense. only problem is i doubt he'd show up for practice

bad example lol

D-Rose
06-09-2014, 05:45 PM

but i still bet he knows more about running an offense. only problem is i doubt he'd show up for practice

bad example lol
http://i.minus.com/iI4qGA2S6erfb.gif

Hey Yo
06-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Magic sucked as a coach but was the GOAT PG
Yep

Magic knew how to run an offense on the floor but was a complete dumbass when trying to do it in a suit from the sidelines.

There's a reason why he lasted about 10 seconds as a HC.

russwest0
06-09-2014, 05:52 PM
got to disagree with you here griff.

as players both played for and were respected by GOAT head coach Phil Jackson. (Kerr also played for Popovich) both also earned respect as great teammates, specifically from Jordan and Kobe...

they both also appear to be smart guys who have a high basketball IQ, which you could see on the court because they knew their limitations and knew how to play off of star players.

I think Kerr will be the better coach from day 1 because he already has more experience in the NBA as a non-player.

Derek Fisher seems like a better leader and motivator though (a guy who players will rally around more) so he may be a better coach in the long run.

smoovegittar
06-09-2014, 05:55 PM

bad example lol
So your point is? "worst coaching hires of all time"...

What the hell are you talking about? AI a better coach cause he can run an offense?

You better hit the books, kid.

kennethgriffin
06-09-2014, 06:11 PM
So your point is? "worst coaching hires of all time"...

What the hell are you talking about? AI a better coach cause he can run an offense?

You better hit the books, kid.

i didnt say iverson would be a better coach. i used iverson as an example of "well look. even iverson has run an offense once in his life"

its obvious point guards are being hired these days for some reason. it must be for something...

and kerr/fisher werent even the real PG's on their teams.. pippen and kobe were

scm5
06-09-2014, 06:38 PM
I would argue that role players know the ins and outs of the offense as well or better than star players, especially when you're talking about Steve Kerr and Derek Fisher.

They're the ones that stick to the offense while star players often deviate from it.

D-Rose
06-09-2014, 06:38 PM
i didnt say iverson would be a better coach. i used iverson as an example of "well look. even iverson has run an offense once in his life"

its obvious point guards are being hired these days for some reason. it must be for something...

and kerr/fisher werent even the real PG's on their teams.. pippen and kobe were
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m28ralFkwS1r3tjwm.gif

Threethrows
06-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Phil was a really great point guard though!

This is one of the most idiotic threads ever. OP is straight up dumb with his logic. :facepalm

TheReal Kendall
06-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Phil was a really great point guard though!

This is one of the most idiotic threads ever. OP is straight up dumb with his logic. :facepalm

Phil who?

Inferno
06-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Kerr better make our offense better, and at the very least not **** up the top 3 defense

senelcoolidge
06-09-2014, 07:05 PM
This is the current fad, to hire ex players with absolutely no coaching experience. Some will fail and some will do good..I think most will not do so good. I think Fisher will suck..the Knicks will suck because of bad ownership. This is going to be a disaster of funny proportions for the Knicks and Phil Jackson.

ZenMaster
06-09-2014, 07:34 PM

- kobe/odom/gasol

or

- kobe/shaq/fox

fisher and kerr were stuck out on the opposite side waiting for their man to leave and help on someone else

Candidate for dumbest post of the year right here.

smoovegittar
06-09-2014, 07:40 PM
This is the current fad, to hire ex players with absolutely no coaching experience. Some will fail and some will do good..I think most will not do so good. I think Fisher will suck..the Knicks will suck because of bad ownership. This is going to be a disaster of funny proportions for the Knicks and Phil Jackson.

The Knicks will suck because of bad ownership. Yeah, OK dumbass - the same bad owner who's hockey team is overachieving in the Stanley Cup playoffs. And apparently Phil Jackson knows nothing about basketball.

Your post is a disaster of epic proportions... are you sure you're not the OP?

:facepalm

Akrazotile
06-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Kenneths campaign to eliminate any and all competition for WOAT poster on all the internet is goin hard as a muh****ka right now.

Way to go Ken :cheers: