PDA

View Full Version : The "best" team LeBron has beaten is...

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 06:17 PM
The "best" team LeBron has beaten is an aging/geriatric version of the best team that was "just another team" that Kobe had to go through just to get to the finals.

Funny how the media and LeBron Stans are trying to prop up these old men for what they accomplished in the 2000's, in order to elevate LeBron's fickle legacy of dominating a weak era of no competition.

In a way facing the Heat in the 2010's (even if they end up losing this series) is the best thing that has ever happened to Tim Duncan and the Spurs because it forced the media to finally acknowledge their greatness which was greatly ignored during the peak of their 2000's dynasty.

Kobe has had some of his greatest performances against those prime Spurs and they shit all over anything LeBron has done against them

(Queue LeBron Stans/Kobe Haters: "B-b-b-b-b-b-ut it wasn't in the F-f-f-f-finals...:cry:")

22 Year-Old Kobe against 2001 Spurs:

Game 1: 45 PTS, 10 TRB on 54% FG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkvpnmAk2xU
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200105190SAS.html

Game 3: 36 PTS, 8 AST, 9 TRB on 52% FG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyfR2pDOt3k
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200105250LAL.html

Series Averages: 33 PPG, 7 REBs, 7 AST on 51% FG

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2001_WCF.html

23 Year-Old Kobe against 2002 Spurs:

Game 3: 31 PTS, 6 AST, 6 TRB on 48% FG (11 PTS on 5/5 shooting in the 4th Quarter)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8HgzXLQCTM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200205100SAS.html

Kobe against defending champ 2004 Spurs:

Game 4: 42 PTS, 5 AST, 6 TRB, 3 STL on 56% FG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS7cITR_ymc
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200405110LAL.html

The "Colorado Game" where he came back from a day in court and arrived shortly before tipoff. And people want to praise LeBron for playing through the "scrutiny" of 15 year old San Antonio white girls making internet memes about him.

And for all you "LOL he had Shaq on the team" haters out there...

Kobe vs defending champ 2008 Spurs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICpiCZxB_0Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmT7nL9Gnkw

Series Averages: 29 PPG, 4 AST, 6 TRB, 53% FG shooting

zoom17
06-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Damn Kobe stans on damage control lately:oldlol:

Byobob
06-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Kobe>Lebron

Am I doing it right?

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 06:19 PM

:no:

Just responding to the insecure LeBron/Heat Stans that can't seem to get Kobe out of their minds, even as their boy is in the midst of his era.

TylerOO
06-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Kobe stans losing it lately. :roll:

Holy shit

TheReal Kendall
06-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Why are y'all always trying to hype up or tear a player down? Just enjoy their work.

kamil
06-09-2014, 06:21 PM

Well here's an ironic post.

Dro
06-09-2014, 06:22 PM
What the hell? Who cares?

6 for 24
06-09-2014, 06:24 PM
I completely agree OP. The laughable thing is that LeBron lost to the 2011 Mavs-- a paper champion if I ever saw one. Can you imagine what Kobe would have done to those Mavs? Probably a 4-0 sweep with Kobe averaging 50ppg on his usual respectable 41%.

And then the next year LeBron beat one of the worst WCF finalists in recent memory, the OKC Thunder. Again, imagine if Kobe got to face that joke of a team. I think he would have done even better, maybe 55ppg on 42%!

It's a shame that we will never know!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

SamuraiSWISH
06-09-2014, 06:24 PM
If he beats the Spurs this year, they will easily be the best team he's ever faced and bested.

1) 2013 Spurs
2) 2011 Celtics
3) 2012 Celtics
4) 2012 Thunder
5) 2011 Bulls
6) 2014 Pacers
7) 2013 Pacers

K Xerxes
06-09-2014, 06:25 PM
I completely agree OP. The laughable thing is that LeBron lost to the 2011 Mavs-- a paper champion if I ever saw one. Can you imagine what Kobe would have done to those Mavs? Probably a 4-0 sweep with Kobe averaging 50ppg on his usual respectable 41%.

And then the next year LeBron beat one of the worst WCF finalists in recent memory, the OKC Thunder. Again, imagine if Kobe got to face that joke of a team. I think he would have done even better, maybe 55ppg on 42%!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

This guy is hilarious. :lol

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 06:27 PM
If he beats the Spurs this year, they will easily be the best team he's ever faced and bested.

1) 2013 Spurs
2) 2011 Celtics
3) 2012 Celtics
4) 2012 Thunder
5) 2011 Bulls
6) 2014 Pacers
7) 2013 Pacers

My point exactly, Swish. :confusedshrug:

The best team that LeBron has beaten is an aging/past its prime version of the legendary team that Kobe had to face 6 times in the 2000's just to get to the Finals.

Byobob
06-09-2014, 06:29 PM
This guy is hilarious. :lol

It is kinda funny too because it seems that Kobe fans has him on ignore. :lol :lol

SamuraiSWISH
06-09-2014, 06:38 PM
My point exactly, Swish. :confusedshrug:

The best team that LeBron has beaten is an aging/past its prime version of the legendary team that Kobe had to face 6 times in the 2000's just to get to the Finals.
I was thinking the same thing for awhile, until I came to a different realization.

Their core of Duncan / Ginobili / Parker was absolutely better versions of themselves when Kobe was dicking them down in the playoffs. But, there is something different about the current squad. Slightly older, but still ridiculous effective trio.

Kind of similar to how Malone / Stockton / Hornaceck were older but wiser, and still great. Routinely beating younger talented teams such as the '98, and '99 Lakers.

But the influx of young talent around those older but still very good three core group of guys. Particularly K. Leonard, Green and Boris Diaw.

They throws something different into the mix that makes them slightly better possibly. Quality three point shooting. That, and just ridiculous amounts of quality ball movement. They might be better now. Right at this stage.

But in the next season or two Duncan / Ginobili could fall off a cliff in terms of impact given their age, and mileage.

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 06:41 PM
I was thinking the same thing for awhile, until I came to a different realization.

Their core of Duncan / Ginobili / Parker was absolutely better versions of themselves when Kobe was dicking them down in the playoffs. But, there is something different about the current squad. Slightly older, but still ridiculous effective trio.

Kind of similar to how Malone / Stockton / Hornaceck were older but wiser, and still great. Routinely beating younger talented teams such as the '98, and '99 Lakers.

But the influx of young talent around those older but still very good three core group of guys.

Particularly K. Leonard throws something different into the mix that makes them slightly better possibly. That, and just ridiculous amounts of quality ball movement. They might be better now. Right at this stage.

But in the next season or two Duncan / Ginobili could fall off a clidd in terms of impact given their age, and mileage.

These Spurs are definitely really good, and no chumps. But it all comes down to the transcendent player in Duncan. He is not the same Duncan of the 2000's, even though he's still ridiculously effective. Ginobili isn't the same either. Those are 2 of your 3 HOF players. Leonard is a roleplayer and hasn't even made an all-star game.

As per your 97-98 Jazz comparison. The difference is the age relative to the competition. That wasn't 91-93 MJ facing them (as would be a closer comparison to LeBron now, in his prime). That was 2nd threepeat MJ, who was still amazing, but also slightly past his prime. So the competition is more equal.

LeBron is at the peak of his prime powers and he is being praised for beating an aging trio that are still hanging on from the previous decade. And their transcendent/GOAT player has been around since the Jordan era.

atljonesbro
06-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Kobe stans realizing the end is near. Some final attempts to ruin Brons ever increasing legacy.

K Xerxes
06-09-2014, 06:46 PM
These Spurs are definitely really good, and no chumps. But it all comes down to the transcendent player in Duncan. He is not the same Duncan of the 2000's, even though he's still ridiculously effective. Ginobili isn't the same either. Those are 2 of your 3 HOF players. Leonard is a roleplayer and hasn't even made an all-star game.

True, but if you have a prime Duncan in today's league, Miami would not have the same roster if they have any championship aspirations. Duncan only matters to Kobe and Lebron in terms of paint protection, but they are not matched up together, so I don't know where this prime Duncan obsession comes from. Are we comparing Kobe and LeBron's production vs the Spurs, or their team results?

Byobob
06-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Kobe stans realizing the end is near. Some final attempts to ruin Brons ever increasing legacy.

Appears to be the case. :lol :lol

Seriously, Duncan still dominates the paint and plays terrific D. The way this team plays compared to their style in the early 2000s is like night and day.

There's a reason people call them the most boring team before. Then you compare the way they play basketball right now.

Roundball_Rock
06-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Look at the record of the 2011-2014 Spurs:

2011: #1 record in the NBA, tied with Chicago.
2012: #2 record in the NBA, one game behind Chicago and reached the WCF.
2013: #3 record in the NBA, reached the Finals and took the champs to 7 games.
2014: #1 record in the NBA, reached the Finals.

This is a "washed up" team? :roll: It is hilarious to see LeBron haters/MJ stans/et al. now trying to diminish the Spurs. These are the same people who spent all year decrying the "Leastern conference." If the West is as stacked alleged, then how dominant must the premier team in that conference be? :bowdown:

6 for 24
06-09-2014, 06:49 PM

I don't speak for all Kobe stans-- just myself and kennethgriffin. And I can tell you that I, for one, will not be concerned about LeBron until he racks up 5 titles and 5 FMVPs like Kobe. Until then he is just another pretender.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

Solefade
06-09-2014, 06:51 PM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

:roll: :roll:

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 06:53 PM
True, but if you have a prime Duncan in today's league, Miami would not have the same roster if they have any championship aspirations. Duncan only matters to Kobe and Lebron in terms of paint protection, but they are not matched up together, so I don't know where this prime Duncan obsession comes from. Are we comparing Kobe and LeBron's production vs the Spurs, or their team results?

So now it's about "individual" matchups? :facepalm

The reason I'm so "hung up" on PRIME Duncan is because the Heat have LeBron in their prime while the Spurs don't have Duncan in his. How the hell are you supposed to counter a GOAT candidate in LeBron in his prime tit-for-tat if your own GOAT candidate player is past his prime? Is that really so hard to understand? If 38 year old Duncan is putting up 20+ and 10+ on 90% shooting, and they give the Heat issues on the defensive end, just IMAGINE what PRIME Duncan would be doing to these fools.

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Look at the record of the 2011-2014 Spurs:

2011: #1 record in the NBA, tied with Chicago.
2012: #2 record in the NBA, one game behind Chicago and reached the WCF.
2013: #3 record in the NBA, reached the Finals and took the champs to 7 games.
2014: #1 record in the NBA, reached the Finals.

This is a "washed up" team? :roll: It is hilarious to see LeBron haters/MJ stans/et al. now trying to diminish the Spurs. These are the same people who spent all year decrying the "Leastern conference." If the West is as stacked alleged, then how dominant must the premier team in that conference be? :bowdown:

:facepalm at comparing records across conferences. 'Cause, I mean, playing against inferior competition in a sh*ttier conference more times isn't going to skew the records or anything...

Desperate LeBron stans using the ol' ESPN tactic of nitpicking numbers/stats to fit their agenda. :applause:

Solefade
06-09-2014, 07:01 PM
:facepalm at comparing records across conferences. 'Cause, I mean, playing against inferior competition in a sh*ttier conference more times isn't going to skew the records or anything...

Desperate LeBron stans using the ol' ESPN tactic of nitpicking numbers/stats to fit their agenda. :applause:

Lebron >>>>>>>> Kobe get over it:facepalm

Roundball_Rock
06-09-2014, 07:01 PM
at comparing records across conferences. 'Cause, I mean, playing against inferior competition in a sh*ttier conference more times isn't going to skew the records or anything...

:wtf: The San Antonio Spurs play in the West...the Spurs are the most superior of the superior! :bowdown:

Warfan
06-09-2014, 07:03 PM
If you honestly think the 02 Kings, 01 Spurs and the Blazers (which kobe wasn't even a superstar yet when they beat them) are much better than this Spurs team I don't know what to tell you.

People harped on about how super stacked the West is (which is true) and that the East is garbage (which again is true), and that the Spurs are very likely gonna win the title. And now that the Heat have somewhat swung the series in their favor, a lot of people are trying to downplay how good the Spurs are. It's ridiculous.

Replace bosh & wade with shaq. Lebron and Shaq probably don't even lose a game to this team and at worst it goes 5. So stop with the Kobe buried them when Shaq was better than Kobe in every series besides the 01'.

qrich
06-09-2014, 07:06 PM

So it would make a difference if he said #1 in the West instead of the entire NBA?

:wtf:

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Lebron >>>>>>>> Kobe get over it:facepalm

LeBron = same amount of Finals losses as Kobe in half the time in a weaker era. Get over it. :facepalm

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 07:07 PM
So it would make a difference if he said #1 in the West instead of the entire NBA?

:wtf:

No dumbass. It's the fact that he's trying to use the fact that their record is similar to Chicago's (an East team) as some kind of argument that the East isn't as bad as people say it's been.

K Xerxes
06-09-2014, 07:08 PM
So now it's about "individual" matchups? :facepalm

The reason I'm so "hung up" on PRIME Duncan is because the Heat have LeBron in their prime while the Spurs don't have Duncan in his. How the hell are you supposed to counter a GOAT candidate in LeBron in his prime tit-for-tat if your own GOAT candidate player is past his prime? Is that really so hard to understand? If 38 year old Duncan is putting up 20+ and 10+ on 90% shooting, and they give the Heat issues on the defensive end, just IMAGINE what PRIME Duncan would be doing to these fools.

Did you read my post at all? My point is that a comparison between Kobe and LeBron's production against the Spurs must take into account individual matchups. Duncan has little to do with that as he is a forward and is not the primary defender on either. Now, I will definitely give you that prime Duncan would be a better help defender given his athleticism, but this Spurs team is still a GREAT, organised defensive team. They have as good a matchup for LeBron as anyone in the league in Kawhi, and Duncan is still a great rim protector with his experience and smarts.

And, yes, prime Duncan would feast on the Heat, but this Heat team is constructed to compete in an era of weak big men. Put prime Duncan in this league and their team changes. How is this a knock on LeBron? Would he be guarding prime Duncan?

The fundamental problem in your line of thinking is in the title -- LeBron-led teams have beaten other teams, LeBron has beaten no teams himself. Neither has Kobe.

If you are looking to compare Kobe and Lebron's individual production, then you have to limit your comparison to defensive set ups. If you want to include offense (i.e. prime Duncan putting up 24-15 or whatever), then you include the rest of the team. You have come at this too simplistically.

HoopsFanNumero1
06-09-2014, 07:09 PM

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

:lol

qrich
06-09-2014, 07:10 PM
No dumbass. It's the fact that he's trying to use the fact that their record is similar to Chicago's (an East team) as some kind of argument that the East isn't as bad as people say it's been.

He is? Really?

Kobe fans :facepalm

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Did you read my post at all? My point is that a comparison between Kobe and LeBron's production against the Spurs must take into account individual matchups. Duncan has little to do with that as he is a forward and is not the primary defender on either. Now, I will definitely give you that prime Duncan would be a better help defender given his athleticism, but this Spurs team is still a GREAT, organised defensive team. They have as good a matchup for LeBron as anyone in the league in Kawhi, and Duncan is still a great rim protector with his experience and smarts.

And, yes, prime Duncan would feast on the Heat, but this Heat team is constructed to compete in an era of weak big men. Put prime Duncan in this league and their team changes. How is this a knock on LeBron? Would he be guarding prime Duncan?

The fundamental problem in your line of thinking is in the title -- LeBron-led teams have beaten other teams, LeBron has beaten no teams himself. Neither has Kobe.

If you are looking to compare Kobe and Lebron's individual production, then you have to limit your comparison to defensive set ups. If you want to include offense (i.e. prime Duncan putting up 24-15 or whatever), then you include the rest of the team. You have come at this too simplistically.

WRONG. Even if Duncan and Kobe/LeBron don't matchup individually, having a GOAT rim protector in his prime makes all the difference, and that's just on the defensive end. You want to take into account the entire team as well? Well, those Spurs were one of the GOAT defensive teams, while these Spurs are a good defensive team, but rely more on their offense than the 2000-era Spurs.

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 07:11 PM
He is? Really?

Kobe fans :facepalm

Then what's the point if even mentioning Chicago or a Leastern Conference team in relation to the Spurs...? :confusedshrug:

iggy>
06-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Meanwhile shaq was being triple teamed down low :roll:

Bron is about to 3 peat with a pf as his starting center :roll:

Lebron>>>>>>>>>>>>> kobe

Roundball_Rock
06-09-2014, 07:17 PM

No, the point was to be factually correct. They did not outright have the best record in 2012 and in 2011 while they were second they were only one game behind. Limiting it to the West does not change the story of their sustained success: #1 in 2011, #1 in 2012, #2 in 2013, #1 in 2014. It takes GOAT-level play for LeBron to beat the most superior of the superior West. :bowdown:

edrick
06-09-2014, 07:18 PM
:no:

Just responding to the insecure LeBron/Heat Stans that can't seem to get Kobe out of their minds, even as their boy is in the midst of his era.

:roll:

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 07:18 PM
No, the point was to be factually correct. They did not outright have the best record in 2012 and in 2011 while they were second they were only one game behind. Limiting it to the West does not change the story of their sustained success: #1 in 2011, #1 in 2012, #2 in 2013, #1 in 2014. It takes GOAT-level play for LeBron to beat the most superior of the superior West. :bowdown:

Haven't won a championship since 2007. Duncan hasn't won an MVP/Finals MVP in a decade. Dat competition :bowdown:

Solefade
06-09-2014, 07:22 PM
LeBron = same amount of Finals losses as Kobe in half the time in a weaker era. Get over it. :facepalm

the same era kobe is barely making the playoffs in/losing in the first and 2nd rounds :roll:

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Meanwhile shaq was being triple teamed down low :roll:

Bron is about to 3 peat with a pf as his starting center :roll:

Lebron>>>>>>>>>>>>> kobe

Kobe 5 rings = 2 HOF teammates total (not counting Mitch Richmond type f*cks that didn't do sh*t) in Shaq and Gasol.

LeBron = 2 HOF teammates for just his first ring alone (Wade + Bosh)

Solefade
06-09-2014, 07:23 PM
i don't know any other superstar that has a 6/24 game 7 and gets awarded the fmvp when there's 2 other teammates that played better in the same game :lol

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 07:24 PM
the same era kobe is barely making the playoffs in/losing in the first and 2nd rounds :roll:

Leastern Conference...:facepalm

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 07:25 PM
i don't know any other superstar that has a 6/24 game 7 and gets awarded the fmvp when there's 2 other teammates that played better in the same game :lol

I don't know another GOAT candidate/superstar who couldn't even play good enough as a 2nd option/sidekick, and laid the biggest egg in finals history against a 1-Superstar team, while his supposed "2nd Banana" was carrying the team and on his way to a 2nd finals MVP (until said player sabotaged his chances by choking)

DFish24
06-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Kobe>Bran:lol

iggy>
06-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Kobe 5 rings = 2 HOF teammates total (not counting Mitch Richmond type f*cks that didn't do sh*t) in Shaq and Gasol.

LeBron = 2 HOF teammates for just his first ring alone (Wade + Bosh)
Kobe wasnt even the best player on his team for 3 of his titles :roll:

Not to mention, he absolutely robbed gasol's finals mvp in 2010 :roll:

1 regular season mvp :roll:

Bwahahaha

Solefade
06-09-2014, 07:32 PM
I don't know another GOAT candidate/superstar who couldn't even play good enough as a 2nd option/sidekick, and laid the biggest egg in finals history against a 1-Superstar team, while his supposed "2nd Banana" was carrying the team and on his way to a 2nd finals MVP (until said player sabotaged his chances by choking)

true that was a pretty big egg. but that as big of an egg as the one where kobe was up 3- and then lost in the first round in 2007 :roll:

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Kobe wasnt even the best player on his team for 3 of his titles :roll:

Not to mention, he absolutely robbed gasol's finals mvp in 2010 :roll:

1 regular season mvp :roll:

Bwahahaha

1 regular season MVP in an era that had PRIME Duncan, PRIME Shaq, PRIME Wade, PRIME Dirk, PRIME KG, and a young LeBron (who was arguably as good or better than KD, the supposed 2nd best player in today's era)

Kareem has 2 Finals MVPs to his 6 rings yet no-one ever brings that up

Nice try. :applause:

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 07:36 PM
true that was a pretty big egg. but that as big of an egg as the one where kobe was up 3- and then lost in the first round in 2007 :roll:

It really is.

The Suns were considered favorites even without Amare, had homecourt advantage. Lakers wouldn't have been up 3-1 or even had a chance to win the series if it wasn't for Kobe. Not to mention Kobe greatly outplayed everyone else on his team/

By contrast the Heat were HEAVILY favored against the Mavs with homecourt advantage. LeBron's "help" stepped up, with Wade even carrying the team and being the team's best player, and LeBron couldn't even be good enough to be an adequate enough sidekick to get them over the hump.

Kobe's 2nd best player on that team was Lamar Odom (0 All-star selections in his career)

LeBron's 2nd best and 3rd players were Wade (10 all-stars) and Bosh (9 all-stars).

That series you'r referring to was 2006, btw...

chris02jammers
06-09-2014, 07:40 PM
butthurt Kobe fans... kobe will never be the same... only thing they can do is reminisce the past hahaha...

6 for 24
06-09-2014, 07:43 PM
By contrast the Heat were HEAVILY favored against the Mavs with homecourt advantage. LeBron's "help" stepped up, with Wade even carrying the team and being the team's best player, and LeBron couldn't even be good enough to be an adequate enough sidekick to get them over the hump.

It truly is outrageous how no one ever mentions LeBron's "choke" against the 2011 Mavs-- a team that shouldn't have even been in the playoffs. Can you imagine if Kobe's Lakers had the opportunity to play those Mavs with HCA? You think he would have the audacity to lose a game, nevermind four? It's just a double-standard around here!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 07:45 PM
butthurt Kobe fans... kobe will never be the same... only thing they can do is reminisce the past hahaha...

You'll be eating those words soon. Start coming up with new ways to diminish Kobe when he keeps adding to his legend by getting back to all-star/Top 10 level in his 19th season after 2 devastating injuries.

If LeBron tore his achilles at 29 he would probably just call it quits.

Hey Yo
06-09-2014, 07:46 PM
It really is.

The Suns were considered favorites even without Amare, had homecourt advantage. Lakers wouldn't have been up 3-1 or even had a chance to win the series if it wasn't for Kobe. Not to mention Kobe greatly outplayed everyone else on his team/

Kobe's 2nd best player on that team was Lamar Odom (0 All-star selections in his career)

LeBron's 2nd best and 3rd players were Wade (10 all-stars) and Bosh (9 all-stars).

That series you'r referring to was 2006, btw...
Look at your post, #47 and some the players you listed. That's why Odom had no all-star selections. I believe you and I had this discussion before and I mentioned some of those players as to why he never did. Then your argument was "he didn't play his whole career in the West. Then realized (after I showed you) he played only 1 season in the East. Then after the fact, you still were stubborn about it.

iggy>
06-09-2014, 07:46 PM
1 regular season MVP in an era that had PRIME Duncan, PRIME Shaq, PRIME Wade, PRIME Dirk, PRIME KG, and a young LeBron (who was arguably as good or better than KD, the supposed 2nd best player in today's era)

Kareem has 2 Finals MVPs to his 6 rings yet no-one ever brings that up

Nice try. :applause:
Then kobes 1 regular season mvp shouldnt count either, as he won it in 2008. Duncan, shaq, and kg were no longer in the prime of their careers. Young lebron isnt prime lebron. Nice try :applause:

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Look at your post, #47 and some the players you listed. That's why Odom had no all-star selections. I believe you and I had this discussion before and I mentioned some of those players as to why he never did. Then your argument was "he didn't play his whole career in the West. Then realized (after I showed you) he played only 1 season in the East. Then after the fact, you still were stubborn about it.

Wasn't me, broski.

I don't have discussions with LeBron Stans. I just whip out my c*ck and slap them across the face with it.

IllegalD
06-09-2014, 08:01 PM

BTW. What exactly are you trying to argue here?

Cause I KNOW you're not trying to say that Odom is as good or equal to Bosh?

Or are you?! :lol

Bosh carried a shitty Toronto squad to the playoffs as the go-to-guy and made 5 All-Stars before he even joined the Heat. How many all-stars do you legitimately think Lamar would have made playing in the East? Even his best year in the East with the Heat he didn't make it, and was overshadowed by a rookie DWade in the playoffs. Has Lamar ever proven capable of carrying a team to the playoffs as the sole go-to-guy like Bosh did? :confusedshrug:

Bigsmoke
06-09-2014, 08:17 PM
If the Heat got it easy because they play in the East then why discredit the teams the Heat beat that came out in the West? LeBron beating a thunder team with an injured Wade and Bosh doesn't mean anything?

SamuraiSWISH
06-09-2014, 08:21 PM
LeBron beating a thunder team with an injured Wade and Bosh doesn't mean anything?
Wade was MINT in both the 2012, and 2013 Finals.

:oldlol:

Bigsmoke
06-09-2014, 08:21 PM
BTW. What exactly are you trying to argue here?

Cause I KNOW you're not trying to say that Odom is as good or equal to Bosh?

Or are you?! :lol

Bosh carried a shitty Toronto squad to the playoffs as the go-to-guy and made 5 All-Stars before he even joined the Heat. How many all-stars do you legitimately think Lamar would have made playing in the East? Even his best year in the East with the Heat he didn't make it, and was overshadowed by a rookie DWade in the playoffs. Has Lamar ever proven capable of carrying a team to the playoffs as the sole go-to-guy like Bosh did? :confusedshrug:

Bosh isn't even a top 5 3rd option of all time. Stop overrating dude like was consistently a 25/10 guy every season

mehyaM24
06-09-2014, 08:28 PM
13 and 14 spurs are better than any team jordan faced in the 90s.

LOL at majerle, ainge, payton, hornacek. pure midgets hahahaha