PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan

Rodmantheman
06-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Where was Duncan in the 4Q? Do we ever talk when he doesn't show up late? missing two free throws to build the lead.

Solefade
06-09-2014, 08:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4GOoowm.png

tanner892
06-09-2014, 08:36 PM
I dont recall anyone throwing it into the post.

Rodmantheman
06-09-2014, 08:37 PM
I dont recall anyone throwing it into the post.

He was 2-8 in the second half.

Rodmantheman
06-09-2014, 08:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4GOoowm.png

:oldlol:

Rodmantheman
06-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Damn no one really gives a shit about Duncan:lol

Solefade
06-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Damn no one really gives a shit about Duncan:lol

obvi :oldlol:

ProfessorMurder
06-09-2014, 08:58 PM
You're that desperate to label someone a choker, that missing two free throws with like 6 minutes left is choking?

Get a f*cking life.

Rodmantheman
06-09-2014, 09:00 PM
You're that desperate to label someone a choker, that missing two free throws with like 6 minutes left is choking?

Get a f*cking life.

Had that been Lebron boy there would have 10+ threads about it you know it to.

Solefade
06-09-2014, 09:02 PM

Get a f*cking life.

aren't you the same guy that said lebron choked in 2013 finals game 6, got bailed out by ray allen even though he had a triple double and ray allen only had 9 pts? :roll:

Rodmantheman
06-09-2014, 09:08 PM
aren't you the same guy that said lebron choked in 2013 finals game 6, got bailed out by ray allen even though he had a triple double and ray allen only had 9 pts? :roll:

Doesn't fit his agenda.

K Xerxes
06-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Playing about as well as any 38 year old in history has.

T_L_P
06-10-2014, 01:49 AM

LeBron: in his prime, craves the media attention when things are going well.

How can you not see the difference here? LeBron tattoos "The King" all over his body, and he never puts the blame on himself. Duncan is quiet, hardworking, not showy, not interested in the media, and he always puts the blame on himself (I have a bunch of interviews where ex-teammates say this).

CelticBaller
06-10-2014, 01:51 AM
And what does that have to do with Duncan? God you LeBron stans got fukked in the head so badly by the haters :oldlol:

Rodmantheman
06-10-2014, 01:53 AM
LeBron: in his prime, craves the media attention when things are going well.

How can you not see the difference here? LeBron tattoos "The King" all over his body, and he never puts the blame on himself. Duncan is quiet, hardworking, not showy, not interested in the media, and he always puts the blame on himself (I have a bunch of interviews where ex-teammates say this).

The hell I was just talking about last nights game where he disappeared in the 4th yet he never gets flack. I get way parker missed free throws he was banged up but duncan missing was critical.

Bodhi
06-10-2014, 01:56 AM
Duncan is a choker

He's been fortunate to play with the best coach and best backcourt in the NBA for most of his career

Remember what happened to him in the Olympics without Pop or Manu?

T_L_P
06-10-2014, 02:03 AM
The hell I was just talking about last nights game where he disappeared in the 4th yet he never gets flack. I get way parker missed free throws he was banged up but duncan missing was critical.

I know, and I read at least 5 threads on it.

GimmeThat
06-10-2014, 02:14 AM
Pop was considered to be one of the greatest during the 01-03 run because his team had beatedn Kobe/Shaq. Now, where you'd place him in terms of a coach would also say what you thought of the Kings roster.

There are arguments about the possibility of the Kings roster being better than the Spurs. Arguments, not facts.

As for Tim Duncan in the 4th quarter.
I don't know if he was physically on the court.

3/9 2/3 1/2 - 2 rebounds 3 assists 1 steal from Leonard
just isn't going to cut it in order for the Spurs to beat the Heat.

T_L_P
06-10-2014, 02:17 AM
Pop was considered to be one of the greatest during the 01-03 run because his team had beatedn Kobe/Shaq. Now, where you'd place him in terms of a coach would also say what you thought of the Kings roster.

There are arguments about the possibility of the Kings roster being better than the Spurs. Arguments, not facts.

As for Tim Duncan in the 4th quarter.
I don't know if he was physically on the court.

3/9 2/3 1/2 - 2 rebounds 3 assists 1 steal from Leonard
just isn't going to cut it in order for the Spurs to beat the Heat.

No, he wasn't. Popovich has said many times the plan back then was to give Tim some players ad let him work. Popovich wasn't even a very good offenwsive coach at that point, which is why I say 2009-2014 Pop is a completely different coach. He relied on his star like all the other coaches do.

Cold soul
06-10-2014, 02:24 AM
Nobody really cares. Also Duncan is 38 years old give him some slack here. The dude still got it...

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 02:27 AM
The Spurs are chokers, nothing new here.

However, what did Bron do in the last 5 minutes? He had great teammates is what he did.

masonanddixon
06-10-2014, 03:23 AM
Duncan is 38

If this were 02-03 he's average 37 15 and 8 against this Heat squad

kureyşi-gospurs
06-10-2014, 03:51 AM
Where was Duncan in the 4Q? Do we ever talk when he doesn't show up late? missing two free throws to build the lead.

Screw off!

ProfessorMurder
06-10-2014, 12:42 PM

No I'm not.

Ray did bail out the whole team with that shot though, and you're dumb if you think Ray didn't.

Harison
06-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Duncan got tired, it happens when one is 38 yrs old. He started red hot in 1st half, and was missing almost everything in the 2nd half, with zero made shots in the 4Q, same happened last year, which cost Spurs a ring.

He gets some slack because he is way past his prime, and because he isnt hated as a player, at least nowhere near as Lebron or Kobe.

ArbitraryWater
06-10-2014, 12:59 PM

Get a f*cking life.

Your logic is so 2-faced and retarded, just shut the **** up :lol

ImKobe
06-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Duncan was 2-8 to finish the game and missed two clutch FTs that would have given the Spurs a chance to at least get a 3 to push it to OT. That all-time greatness.

T_L_P
06-10-2014, 01:03 PM
Duncan was 2-8 to finish the game and missed two clutch FTs that would have given the Spurs a chance to at least get a 3 to push it to OT. That all-time greatness.

Never thought you'd join the ranks.

ArbitraryWater
06-10-2014, 01:03 PM

umm hello? Duncan leading teams to titles at age 38+? That's something no other all-time great has done in a leading role, Kareem did win a Finals MVP at 37 years of age, but we all knew Magic was the best player on that team. Plus, Duncan would be winning rings by beating guys like Dirk, KD, Lebron in the Playoffs, those guys are all top 20-30 by the time they retire with Dirk & Lebron obviously in the top 20 already.

2 days ago you said if Duncan wins this year it will be an unseen accomplishment putting him into GOAT talk...

Now this.

ImKobe showing his chameleon side once again :applause:

ImKobe
06-10-2014, 01:06 PM
2 days ago you said if Duncan wins this year it will be an unseen accomplishment putting him into GOAT talk...

Now this.

ImKobe showing his chameleon side once again :applause:

Cry me a river. I might have been under the influence in that other post.

Vancouver-Grizz
06-10-2014, 02:09 PM
that is the difference in Duncan from other superstars, he just doesn't give a crap about it.

He knows he mucked up Game 6 last year and the guy gives it his all every game and not afraid of the big moment. You call that choking? Choking is when you hide away from the big moment and watch the team lose.

ProfessorMurder
06-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Your logic is so 2-faced and retarded, just shut the **** up :lol

The f*ck are you talking about? How is missing 2 free throws with a lot of time left choking?

I'm not two faced or retarded.

- I only called Bran a choker once (other than the 2011 finals) and that was deliberately trolling after a Heat game like 3 months ago.

- I've called him a statpadder before... He's clearly done that.

- I've said he's quit on his team (Cleveland), and that he's faked minor injuries and flopped... All of which he's done. I made fun of the cramping, but never said he should've played through it.

I don't like his personality, or how he shifted the crappy power balance in the league by joining other superstars.

I don't make up blatant lies or try to degrade his shit. I just tell it objectively.