PDA

View Full Version : Are Breen/JVG going to commentate the entire finals?

strifed169
06-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Sick of listening to the both of them, I can tolerate Jackson though, Breen is a broken record and only says 3-4 different things the entire game, JVG has the reaction of a sloth most of the time, when he does react he forces his shit jokes awkwardly.

Webber/Charles and Collins/Jackson would be perfect

dannywpt
06-09-2014, 08:45 PM
:wtf:

russwest0
06-09-2014, 08:47 PM
mark jackson is the worst

breen is meh

jvg is pretty good

Kingwillball
06-09-2014, 08:47 PM
No they are gonna switch commentators mid series..:facepalm

hawksdogsbraves
06-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Breen is ok, JVG is alright at times but god he gets annoying after a while, and Jackson is complete shit.

The halftime crew is even worse somehow.

ESPN needs to fire everyone and start fresh on their NBA coverage. I love Bill Simmons as much as anybody but he should not be on TV.

Milbuck
06-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Breen is okay, JVG gets annoying like halfway through, but Mark Jackson needs to get hired as a coach as soon as ****ing possible. If I hear one of his stupid catchphrases one more time I'm done watching the Finals.

Jameerthefear
06-09-2014, 08:52 PM
jvg is so annoying

All Net
06-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Yep they have the rights.

Rodmantheman
06-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Back out to Allen Bang!!!

outbreak
06-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Mark Jackson may be one of the worst all time commentators in any sporting event at any level anywhere in the world.

inclinerator
06-09-2014, 08:58 PM
breen is only good when the bang is for our side

strifed169
06-09-2014, 09:03 PM
Mark Jackson may be one of the worst all time commentators in any sporting event at any level anywhere in the world.

How is Jackson the worst, his catch phrases are timely and gets you hyped when a player is feeling it, Breen and JVG on the other hand are stale as sht.

Le Shaqtus
06-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Mama there goes that man

Rockets(T-mac)
06-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Mark Jackson is a dork, and always trys to sound tough for some reason. JVG is good at times, and gets annoying/whines too much. Breen is ok, doesn't really bother me.

It's a given, but TNT>>>>>>>>

lilteapot
06-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Breen is alright, JVG can get annoying at times and Jackson has gotten better. I like Tirico over Breen though.

outbreak
06-09-2014, 10:12 PM
How is Jackson the worst, his catch phrases are timely and gets you hyped when a player is feeling it, Breen and JVG on the other hand are stale as sht.

his catch phrases are embarrassing. Really embarrising. Like epicly bad and un funny and just reeking of desperation. He has the biggest man crush ever on the heat, he claims things are "definitely" and "guaranteed" fouls/out of bounds before seeing replays and is constantly wrong or acting like a 50/50/difficult call is clear cut and breen and JVG have to correct him. The guy is a joke and shouldn't be allowed on the air. Lebron makes 2 baskets in a row and he goes on about how Lebron is the greatest and he's carrying the team. Wait until he has actually fired up to say shit like that. All he is trying to do is say shit that sounds good in a highlight package snippet at the expensive of his live commentary sounding like utter drivel and shit. He wants his sound bytes of claiming Lebrons playing amazing or carrying the team to be played on espn in a highlight package even if it makes no sense to be claiming shit like that when he's only scored a couple of baskets.

Breen is boring but he's the straight man, if you think JVG is stale then I'm not sure you've watched a full game before. He's one of the few who actually gives an unfiltered opinion and will question the refs. Heat fans argue he is biased against them but ignore the fact he questions calls regardless of who is playing. People just aren't used to an unfiltered opinion in today's NBA.

tanner892
06-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Mark Jackson is horrible, this guy is an 'expert' commentator? Has no clue what he is talking about, no wonder he got fired from coaching GS, even when they made it to the 2nd round unhealthy, dude talks complete garbage

JVG actually understands the game and and is very unbiased as a commentator, Mark Jackson is the ultimate prisoner of the moment in any situation.

Killbot
06-09-2014, 10:19 PM
Move Kevin Calabro from radio to TV.

kidd2dwill
06-09-2014, 10:21 PM
JVG is looking for attention too much

hawksdogsbraves
06-09-2014, 10:22 PM
The funny thing about Mark Jackson is that he just lives for the times when they go to commercial, show some slow-mo replay of LeBron dunking or something, and he gets to spout out "Mama there goes that man" or some other dumb catchphrase.

Roundball_Rock
06-09-2014, 10:23 PM
Marv Albert should be the announcer for every NBA Finals. :bowdown:

Rake2204
06-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Mike Breen is one of my least favorite commentators out there. My mind does not mesh well with his on-air personality. He seems to make a lot of biased judgment calls when he should be leaving analysis up the color commentators, and it's usually in the form of, "Oh I don't know what _____'s problem is, he clearly didn't get fouled" (while the replay shows it's not clear at all). At that point, I feel the head announcer should be explaining what's happening, not how he's feeling about it. "_____ does not agree with the call" would suffice.

outbreak
06-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Marv Albert should be the announcer for every NBA Finals. :bowdown:

I want Marv Albert, Steve Kerr and JVG.

Rake2204
06-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Marv Albert should be the announcer for every NBA Finals. :bowdown:I would not object to this. Or Kevin Calabro.

Imagine this in a finals setting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l11p5-VXv0k

Killbot
06-09-2014, 11:02 PM
I would not object to this. Or Kevin Calabro.

Best current NBA play by play announcer. :applause:

Killbot
06-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Is there an ESPN radio podcast of Game 1 and 2 for the NBA finals? I tried finding it last time, but I couldn't. :(

edrick
06-09-2014, 11:10 PM
I'm tired of all of them at this point. ESPN should try out some new people next year.

dgaras
06-09-2014, 11:16 PM
there are a couple of good announcers.

i always forget his name. the guy that says sucked the gravity out of the building when tmac dunks on bradley.

just remembered. kevin harlan is one of the best. period

im sick of breen from listening to his crap knick announcing. what a horrible announcer.

marv albert is crappy too. tirico is garbage.

Eric Cartman
06-09-2014, 11:19 PM
I want Marv Albert, Steve Kerr and JVG.

Except Steve Kerr already has a job.

eliteballer
06-09-2014, 11:22 PM
I can't believe how far we've fallen from the days of guys like Matt Goukas, Steve Snapper Jones, Doug Collins, Marv Albert, Isiah Thomas, Bob Costas to these clowns.

It's the finals and you've got van gundy complaining about everything in the universe and mark jackson saying mama there goes that man every 5 seconds.

Everytime I hear van gundy talk all I can think of is someone needs to slap that man immediately.

Levity
06-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Maybe one or both of them will be coaching next sesaon, and if that happens, id love to see walton make a come back. even if its only for the playoffs.

dude77
06-09-2014, 11:37 PM
used to like younger dick stockton's play by play .. I think he still does some tnt games but don't recall if it's the same quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UKTt-lbvOs

DaSeba5
06-09-2014, 11:41 PM
They don't bother me that much, but that's probably because I'm more invested into the game since every game gives me a heart attack lol. And Breen does hype me up when he says bang when Miami makes 3s and goes on a big run.

atljonesbro
06-09-2014, 11:54 PM
I like JVG. Keeps it interesting.

Threethrows
06-10-2014, 12:55 AM
Can't stand Breen, dude is an ass kissing yes man for the NBA.

JVG calls shit out, which is what I like about him.

Jackson is pretty annoying.

At least we don't have to listen to Reggie Miller though. Would prefer one of Marv Albert or Kevin Harlan but unfortunately ABC/ESPN/Disney has the finals rights.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-10-2014, 01:11 AM
I would not object to this. Or Kevin Calabro.

Ha. Love how at the end it's 11-6 in the first quarter. Had a late 4th quarter feeling.

ninephive
06-10-2014, 01:14 AM
I think Breen and JVG are great. Breen is the best call announcer since Marv Albert and I think will go down with more of a classic tag ("Bang!"). JVG is great because of how honest he is. His pause usually signifies that he completely disagrees with what was just said and is coming up with the best words to speak his mind in opposition. I used to love the Bill Walton commentary because it was entertaining and brilliantly bizarre.