PDA

View Full Version : I will finally tell the truth about Kobe...

stalkerforlife
06-09-2014, 10:24 PM
He's top 5 all time. There is no way to deny it. I'll mention SOME of his accolades, but that's not even the nail in the coffin for me. Kobe is just straight alpha. Unafraid of the moment. Embraces the risk of failure like no player in this generation. He HAS to be top 5 all time.

Most All-NBA Total Selections won, career: 16

Most All-NBA First Team honors won, career: 11 (tied with Karl Malone)

Most All-Defensive First Team honors won, career: 9 (tied with Michael Jordan, Gary Payton, and Kevin Garnett)

Most All-Star Game MVP awards won, career: 4 (tied with Bob Pettit)

Most three-point field goals made, one game: 12 (on January 7, 2003 vs. Seattle SuperSonics; shared with Donyell Marshall)

Youngest player to score 31,000 points: (34 years, 185 days)

Youngest player to be named to the NBA All-Rookie Team:

Youngest player to be named to the NBA All-Defensive Team

Youngest player to start an All-Star game

Youngest player to win the NBA Slam Dunk Championship: (18 years, 169 days)

Only player in NBA history to score at least 600 points in the postseason for three consecutive years.

5-time NBA champion: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

NBA playoffs leader:

win shares: 2001 (3.8)

points per game: 2003 (32.1), 2007 (32.8), 2008 (30.1)

field goals made: 2004 (190), 2008 (222), 2009 (242), 2010 (234)

2-time NBA Finals MVP: 2009, 2010

2-time scoring champion: 2006, 2007

outbreak
06-09-2014, 10:26 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/shaq.gif

Roundball_Rock
06-09-2014, 10:27 PM
1) KAJ
2) Russell
3) MJ
4) Wilt
5) Shaq
6) Bird
7) Magic
8) Duncan
9) Kobe
10) LeBron

How does Kobe have a case over KAJ, MJ, Wilt, Russell, Shaq, or Magic? I suppose one could argue longevity for him over Bird. Duncan and Kobe are similar. LeBron is still behind Kobe all-time but it is only a matter of time that he surpasses him. LeBron, barring injury, will be no worse than top 5 all-time when he retires and may join the top tier.

outbreak
06-09-2014, 10:27 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/funny.gif

GODbe
06-09-2014, 10:29 PM
GOAT gonna GOAT. :applause:

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu340/killaplaya247/godbe_zps48b947d3.png
http://imnotatoy.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/goat.jpg

tanner892
06-09-2014, 10:30 PM
1) KAJ
2) MJ
3) Magic
4) Russell
5) Wilt
6) Kobe
7) Bird
8) Duncan
9) Lebron
10) Shaq

fixed it for u bro

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-09-2014, 10:33 PM
1) KAJ
2) Russell
3) MJ
4) Wilt
5) Shaq
6) Bird
7) Magic
8) Duncan
9) Kobe
10) LeBron

How does Kobe have a case over KAJ, MJ, Wilt, Russell, Shaq, or Magic? I suppose one could argue longevity for him over Bird. Duncan and Kobe are similar. LeBron is still behind Kobe all-time but it is only a matter of time that he surpasses him. LeBron, barring injury, will be no worse than top 5 all-time when he retires and may join the top tier.

Nice list. I personally have Jordan at #1, with Magic over Shaq (better teammate, equal impact, more titles) and Lebron over Kobe.

JUDGE WITNESS

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

i think thats enough ISH for tonight

stalkerforlife
1) KAJ
2) Russell
3) MJ
4) Wilt
5) Shaq
6) Bird
7) Magic
8) Duncan
9) Kobe
10) LeBron

How does Kobe have a case over KAJ, MJ, Wilt, Russell, Shaq, or Magic? I suppose one could argue longevity for him over Bird. Duncan and Kobe are similar. LeBron is still behind Kobe all-time but it is only a matter of time that he surpasses him. LeBron, barring injury, will be no worse than top 5 all-time when he retires and may join the KAJ/MJ/Wilt/Russell top tier.

You saw Russell and Wilt play? Tell me, what was it like? :roll: How many teams were in the league? What was the average size for players during this duration?

Kobe's better than Magic, period. You want to talk about stacked? Look at Magic's teams. Magic relied on others to be great, while Kobe took it upon himself. Kobe's better than Shaq, period. Shaq was greater at his peak, but his peak doesn't make a career. Kobe won two titles at the helm without Shaq. Shaq won SQUAT without Kobe while being at the helm. Bird? Stop. Kobe would destroy Larry Bird and i'm a Bird fan. Kobe has DISMANTLED the Spurs on too many occasions to be below Duncan.

Warfan
He's top 5 all time. There is no way to deny it. I'll mention SOME of his accolades, but that's not even the nail in the coffin for me. Kobe is just straight alpha. Unafraid of the moment. Embraces the risk of failure like no player in this generation. He HAS to be top 5 all time.

Most All-NBA Total Selections won, career: 16

Most All-NBA First Team honors won, career: 11 (tied with Karl Malone)

Most All-Defensive First Team honors won, career: 9 (tied with Michael Jordan, Gary Payton, and Kevin Garnett)

Most All-Star Game MVP awards won, career: 4 (tied with Bob Pettit)

Most three-point field goals made, one game: 12 (on January 7, 2003 vs. Seattle SuperSonics; shared with Donyell Marshall)

Youngest player to score 31,000 points: (34 years, 185 days)

Youngest player to be named to the NBA All-Rookie Team:

Youngest player to be named to the NBA All-Defensive Team

Youngest player to start an All-Star game

Youngest player to win the NBA Slam Dunk Championship: (18 years, 169 days)

Only player in NBA history to score at least 600 points in the postseason for three consecutive years.

5-time NBA champion: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

NBA playoffs leader:

win shares: 2001 (3.8)

points per game: 2003 (32.1), 2007 (32.8), 2008 (30.1)

field goals made: 2004 (190), 2008 (222), 2009 (242), 2010 (234)

2-time NBA Finals MVP: 2009, 2010

2-time scoring champion: 2006, 2007

http://cdn.niketalk.com/8/83/83061ada_kobe-hilariously-confused-reaction-gif.gif

RoundMoundOfReb
06-09-2014, 10:34 PM

Accurate pic. Notice that his followers are sheep.

outbreak
06-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Accurate pic. Notice that his followers are sheep.

Looks like he's taking that lamb against it's will.....

stalkerforlife
06-09-2014, 10:36 PM

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu340/killaplaya247/godbe_zps48b947d3.png

While I can see the amusement in that for a non-believer, i'm Christian. No one is as great as Jesus Christ, our Lord and savior.

Thanks for the thought, though. :applause:

stalkerforlife
06-09-2014, 10:37 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/8/83/83061ada_kobe-hilariously-confused-reaction-gif.gif

Lmao...

I love Kobe's expressions. Dude is TOO alpha.

GODbe
06-09-2014, 10:40 PM
While I can see the amusement in that for a non-believer, i'm Christian. No one is as great as Jesus Christ, our Lord and savior.

Thanks for the thought, though. :applause:
Agreed :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY9HjNWbJvA&feature=kp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM6oP3YwIN0

Fudge
06-09-2014, 10:45 PM

:roll:

stalkerforlife
06-09-2014, 10:50 PM

You're silly.

ZaaaaaH
06-09-2014, 10:50 PM
1) KAJ
2) Russell
3) MJ
4) Wilt
5) Shaq
6) Bird
7) Magic
8) Duncan
9) Kobe
10) LeBron

Why do you type like he doesn't have a case?

Magic himself said Kobe is the Greatest Lakers of All Time and which many Greats that actually played in the League agree but you are sitting there like he has no case. GTFO here.

You are one of those kids who dont know shiit about ball or Some geek who never played lick of basketball, hated Kobe all his career and was always saying he would never win without Shaq.

Again GTFO here and give me a legit argument.

stalkerforlife
06-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Why do you type like he doesn't have a case?

Magic himself said Kobe is the Greatest Lakers of All Time and which many Greats that actually played in the League agree but you are sitting there like he has no case. GTFO here.

You are one of those kids who dont know shiit about ball or Some geek who never played lick of basketball, hated Kobe all his career and was always saying he would never win without Shaq.

Again GTFO here and give me a legit argument.

Ether.

I'll say it again, Kobe's better than Magic. Period. Much better scorer, defender, and has the ability to take over a game by himself like Magic could only dream of. (Consistently)

Straight_Ballin
06-09-2014, 10:56 PM
You need to know the truth about kobe in order to tell it, and the truth is that he's not top 5 as deemed by the majority.

HOoopCityJones
06-09-2014, 11:17 PM
You need to know the truth about kobe in order to tell it, and the truth is that he's not top 5 as deemed by the majority.

Of Lebron stans.

Fxed for you.

But even I have Kobe at 8 all time.

Shaq at 7 because he was just more dominant.

Kobe definitely has a case over Duncan, idk how anyone can seriously argue. Even out of his prime his numbers completely shit on Duncan's right now.

Straight_Ballin
06-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Of Lebron stans.

Fxed for you.

But even I have Kobe at 8 all time.

Shaq at 7 because he was just more dominant.

Kobe definitely has a case over Duncan, idk how anyone can seriously argue. Even out of his prime his numbers completely shit on Duncan's right now.

He has no case over Duncan. Duncan will be an MVP of three different decades as the man. 38 years old and scoring at will on the defending champs....

Kblaze8855
06-09-2014, 11:56 PM
I dont much care what anyone thinks. I care about people being able to make a half decent case for why they think it. And the case being made here is laughable.

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 12:04 AM
I dont much care what anyone thinks. I care about people being able to make a half decent case for why they think it. And the case being made here is laughable.

Most ever first team all-nba selections is laughable? Most ever first team all-defense selections is laughable? 5 rings is laughable? Only player in NBA history to score 600+ points in 3 consecutive postseasons is laughable? 31,000+ points is laughable?

I'm not even talking alpha intangibles, which Kobe clearly has.

eliteballer
06-10-2014, 12:04 AM
Edit making my own thread.

dude77
06-10-2014, 12:06 AM
Lmao...

I love Kobe's expressions. Dude is TOO alpha.

lol

http://blackgossip.org/wp-content/uploads/143f9__kobe-bryant-crying.jpg

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 12:07 AM
lol

http://blackgossip.org/wp-content/uploads/143f9__kobe-bryant-crying.jpg

True alphas love their wives.

That ass would make any man cry.

Kblaze8855
06-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Its mostly an issue of you clearly not caring about the subject matter enough to look into these claims...or worse not caring about the subject at all.

You say top 5 all time...then dismiss people for playing a long time ago.

If top 5 all time doesnt include....ALL OF TIME....why even make a list and call it that?

Removing people from the past is the first red flag that suggests the person talkingis clueless or careless. an all time list without all time greats is laughable. If previous eras dont matter...being the best all time loses luster because the "all time" part is a much shorter period of time.

beyond that....

You listed 9 things at least nobody does or will ever care about.

And then come reiterate some of them.

Some that show a fundamental lack of understanding....

Only player with 3 straight 600 point playoffs?

There is so much logically wrong with that I dont know where to begin.

First...

Did you know that the first seed used to get a bye in the playoffs?

Did you know that after the bye was gone they played shorter series than we have now in the first round?

Did you know that playoff point totals are increased by longer series....meaning...you could dominate...win in sweeps...and have LOWER totals because of it?

Example....Jordan in 91. Leads his team to a ring...scores 31 a game in the playoffs.

But...

no 600.

Why is that?

He won the playoffs in 17 games.

Shorter first round series, a sweep in the ECf, and near sweep in the finals.

So he scored more per game than Kobe did on any title run.

But he does NOT get to 600 points.

Why?

They played too well.....

Some guys won rings in 15 games.

Kobe has played 22-23 games and LOST.

Its the kind of "fact" that makes it obvious to me who has and has not looked into these issues...and who shouldnt have their opinions taken serious.

Its your right to think what you want.

But a bunch of lists of shit that doesnt apply to everyone in question, awards that didnt always exist, totals impossible to reach because you played too well, and "youngest to" records are just shitty evidence.

All of which pales in comparison to the fact that you are making an all time list while not caring about all the players...of time.

Which invalidates the shit from the jump.

In your brief time here you strike me as a "I dont care about all that..." poster who wouldnt care enough about these issues to bother reading this...and maybe you didnt. Maybe you give me a quote with a "I aint reading all that" on it.

But I wont care. Because I care about the subject matter. If you dont...at least the next man might be given a bit extra to think about before posting ****ing slam dunk contest win as evidence of someone being top 5 all time.

A god awful dunk contest at that.

Anyone who uses the 97 dunk contest as evidence of anyones greatness needs to go back to the drawing board......

Cold soul
06-10-2014, 12:45 AM
I think most have Kobe in 5-9 range all-time. Kobe has a great case as greatest player in his era at worst top 2. I personally have Kobe ranked #6.

Fudge
06-10-2014, 12:46 AM
Damn dog, what's with all the ellipsis KBlaze?

Shit's making my eyes hurt.

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 12:47 AM
Its mostly an issue of you clearly not caring about the subject matter enough to look into these claims...or worse not caring about the subject at all.

If top 5 all time doesnt include....ALL OF TIME....why even make a list and call it that?

Removing people from the past is the first red flag that suggests the person talkingis clueless or careless. an all time list without all time greats is laughable. If previous eras dont matter...being the best all time loses luster because the "all time" part is a much shorter period of time.

beyond that....

First...

Did you know that after the bye was gone they played shorter series than we have now in the first round?

Did you know that playoff point totals are increased by longer series....meaning...you could dominate...win in sweeps...and have LOWER totals because of it?

Example....Jordan in 91. Leads his team to a ring...scores 31 a game in the playoffs.

But...

no 600.

Why is that?

Why?

Its the kind of "fact" that makes it obvious to me who has and has not looked into these issues...and who shouldnt have their opinions taken serious.

But a bunch of lists of shit that doesnt apply to everyone in question, awards that didnt always exist, totals impossible to reach because you played too well, and "youngest to" records are just shitty evidence.

All of which pales in comparison to the fact that you are making an all time list while not caring about all the players...of time.

In your brief time here you strike me as a "I dont care about all that..." poster who wouldnt care enough about these issues to bother reading this...and maybe you didnt. Maybe you give me a quote with a "I aint reading all that" on it.

But I wont care. Because I care about the subject matter. If you dont...at least the next man might be given a bit extra to think about before posting ****ing slam dunk contest win as evidence of someone being top 5 all time.

Anyone who uses the 97 dunk contest as evidence of anyones greatness needs to go back to the drawing board......

How long have you been a Kobe hater?

Kblaze8855
06-10-2014, 12:52 AM
I dont hate anyone currently in the NBA. I could show you people like you calling me a Kobe, Lebron, Wilt, Dirk, Durant, and even Jordan hater. What I hate....is bad arguments and people who disrespect the game.

You happen to have both going on in here.

Prometheus
06-10-2014, 12:52 AM

beyond that....

First...

But...

no 600.

Why is that?

Why?

tl;dr

u mad???

Kobe > everyone

:oldlol: really though, excellent post

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 12:54 AM
I dont hate anyone currently in the NBA. I could show you people like you calling me a Kobe, Lebron, Wilt, Dirk, Durant, and even Jordan hater. What I hate....is bad arguments and people who disrespect the game.

You happen to have both going on in here.

Your agenda is clear.

Fact is, Kobe was man enough to enter the dunk contest. Unlike your hero. The dunk contest itself wasn't my point. The point was, Kobe doesn't back down from a challenge and especially one the fans want to see. Kobe is a true alpha and pays homage and respect to the ones before him by laying it on the line.

Bron's lack of knowledge of the ones before him is "laughable."

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 12:55 AM
tl;dr

u mad???

Kobe > everyone

:oldlol: really though, excellent post

:roll: :roll:

Prometheus
06-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Your agenda is clear.

Fact is, Kobe was man enough to enter the dunk contest. Unlike your hero. The dunk contest itself wasn't my point. The point was, Kobe doesn't back down from a challenge and especially one the fans want to see. Kobe is a true alpha and pays homage and respect to the ones before him by laying it on the line.

you suck and are a garbage poster even white text hates you

Dragonyeuw
06-10-2014, 12:59 AM

First...

But...

no 600.

Why is that?

Why?

Its the kind of "fact" that makes it obvious to me who has and has not looked into these issues...and who shouldnt have their opinions taken ..

:applause:

Context, something that many people on this board don't seem to understand or apply in their arguments.

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 01:00 AM
you suck and are a garbage poster even white text hates you

lol

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 01:01 AM
:applause:

Context, something that many people on this board don't seem to understand or apply in their arguments.

Oh, please. All he did was try to diminish Kobe's greatness. Just a post full of hate.

Kblaze8855
06-10-2014, 01:10 AM
Your agenda is clear.

Ive been a Bulls fan since before Jordan was drafted and ive been on ISH since Lebron was in the 9th grade and Kobe was the age of Anthony Davis.

I have seen so many of you know nothing, big talking, "This is how it is....PERIOD" clowns come through here spouting bullshit arguments they googled and cant back up you wouldnt believe it.

What you think my agenda is means nothing to me. You mean nothing....except for the fact that you are writing out god awful basketball arguments.

Kobe...Lebron...Jordan...hell Rakim, George Bush, or hot wings.

I hate poorly made arguments.

Limiting them is my agenda.

I was on here saying Kobe was as good as people now admit he is in 2003.

I said then that in 10 years people would be pointing to 2003 saying "Kobe in his prime" comparing that version of him to people they wouldnt compare him to then.

And I was right.

I didnt say it because I loved him. I said it because it made sense.

That is what I ask.

Make sense.

Im not gonna close your topics. Or delete your posts. I will simply explain the issues I see.

You can take something from it or call me an idiot. I dont care.

But I will do my part to help.

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 01:14 AM
Ive been a Bulls fan since before Jordan was drafted and ive been on ISH since Lebron was in the 9th grade and Kobe was the age of Anthony Davis.

I have seen so many of you know nothing, big talking, "This is how it is....PERIOD" clowns come through here spouting bullshit arguments they googled and cant back up you wouldnt believe it.

What you think my agenda is means nothing to me. You mean nothing....except for the fact that you are writing out god awful basketball arguments.

Kobe...Lebron...Jordan...hell Rakim, George Bush, or hot wings.

I hate poorly made arguments.

Limiting them is my agenda.

I was on here saying Kobe was as good as people now admit he is in 2003.

I said then that in 10 years people would be pointing to 2003 saying "Kobe in his prime" comparing that version of him to people they wouldnt compare him to then.

And I was right.

I didnt say it because I loved him. I said it because it made sense.

That is what I ask.

Make sense.

Im not gonna close your topics. Or delete your posts. I will simply explain the issues I see.

You can take something from it or call me an idiot. I dont care.

But I will do my part to help.

Thanks. I did make sense, though. You just tried to diminish his accolades, is all.

To each their own.

Dragonyeuw
06-10-2014, 01:16 AM
Oh, please. All he did was try to diminish Kobe's greatness. Just a post full of hate.

Oh please, all he did( at least the part I quoted) was point out the fallacy in using some '3 straight years of 600 playoff points' argument, ignoring the context that someone like Jordan wouldn't have such an 'accomplishment' due to 1) playing in an era where the first round was best of 5, not 7, and 2) finishing off opponents as quickly as possible. Fcuk, given Jordan's scoring output in the playoffs is 33 ppg, he'd have had 600+ every freaking year in the 90s under the same circumstances. Hell, Jordan scored 759 points in 92 playoffs in 22 games. He scored over 500 points 3 consecutive years and needing less than 20 games to do it each time. I can make up stuff too.

Sorry if the truth is inconvenient. Kobe's a great, great player, he has enough legit accomplishments that stand on their own without having to come up with arbitrary, context-free BS.

Kblaze8855
06-10-2014, 01:25 AM
An "accolade" pulled out of ones ass requires no diminishing. Just has to be shown for what it is.

I am abrasive in my enlightening. But I serve a purpose.

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 02:24 AM
An "accolade" pulled out of ones ass requires no diminishing. Just has to be shown for what it is.

I am abrasive in my enlightening. But I serve a purpose.

You did not enlighten me. You simply attempted to diminish Kobe's accolades by playing the "what if" scenario. I stated facts and you stated "what if" scenarios to try and belittle Kobe.

I understand and I forgive you.

J Shuttlesworth
06-10-2014, 02:27 AM
Kblaze, I really appreciate

your posts

But why is it... just why?

All of the good posters on this forum...

Type like this and don't put their sentences

into proper paragraph form?

I see you do this

all the time

and DMAVS41 too.

What gives?

Kblaze8855
06-10-2014, 03:49 AM
This is where it gets tricky. Now you have to be an idiot or a "troll". Someone ignorant...I just explain the way things are. You are being willfully thick. Nobody is stupid enough to not see the logical issue of listing accolades that punish people for their dominance(winning series quickly) and is contested under very different rules(number of playoff rounds/games vary depending on the era).

Knowing nobody is stupid enough to not see the problem there...im forced to conclude that you post things you know make you look a fool just because fools get attention. Classic "trolling". Not a difference of opinion....being a ****ing idiot blind to the truth...or seeing the truth and not admitting it.

That...I am tasked with limiting. You cant help someone with that condition. You can lead a man to knowledge but you cant make him think.

I'll just observe you for a while to see if its a trend. I suspect it will be. You did just come off a ban for posting in unrealistic fashion.

As for this:

Kblaze, I really appreciate

your posts

But why is it... just why?

All of the good posters on this forum...

Type like this and don't put their sentences

into proper paragraph form?

I see you do this

all the time

and DMAVS41 too.

What gives?

Ive been doing it since 2001. Ive been asked why.....best Ican explain is I type how I speak. I type conversationally. The gaps dots and so on are usually just me thinking for a moment while typing.

Its rare I have anything to say that I need to go look into. It just flows all at once and I organize it as best I can.

Ive probably given ISH 300,000 run on sentences and broken paragraphs.

I can see how it would be hard to read but it comes too naturally to stop now.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-10-2014, 04:25 AM
I had Kobe #11 before reading this thread but after I read that he won the dunk contest and 4 all star MVPs I moved him up to #5. Thanks OP :applause:

GimmeThat
06-10-2014, 04:51 AM
this happened before his injury, and his ability to continue to put up points in order to contend in the all time list.

I never heard Jordan said "hey, just give me those 2 rings while I took a break for baseball" he came back and 3peated and earned it.

if we can't just add points to Kobes career total as to what he would have averaged prior to his injury, I actually don't know how he is top 5 right now today on 06/10/2014

Soundwave
06-10-2014, 04:59 AM
I think by the time this era is over and people have time to properly reflect we are probably looking at this:

1. Jordan
2. LeBron
3. Kareem
4. Russell
5. Kobe
6. Wilt
7. Magic
8. Shaq
9. Bird
10. Duncan

Andrei89
06-10-2014, 05:19 AM
God damn, Kobe got many All Star MVPs.

I had him also at 11 ..but now reading that and remembering he blocked Lebron, I put him at number 3 of all time.

:banana:

Element
06-10-2014, 06:35 AM
God damn, Kobe got many All Star MVPs.

I had him also at 11 ..but now reading that and remembering he blocked Lebron, I put him at number 3 of all time.

:banana:

this is definitely a sensible approach to rank him :applause:

raprap
06-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Wow thanks for the googled facts OP!

K Xerxes
06-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Interesting how most of these accolades are based on the regular season and the 'playoff accolades' include leading the league in win shares, points, PPG and FGM in particular years. Why does this matter when we're comparing him to people who played in OTHER years?

AirFederer
06-10-2014, 07:56 AM

beyond that....

First...

But...

no 600.

Why is that?

Why?

Ooooh that gotta hurt OP :lol

riseagainst
06-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Kobe is a great player, top 15 all time for sure. But Lebron is light years ahead of him already.

ImKobe
06-10-2014, 12:26 PM
OP spittin' knowledge. Kobe's 08-10 run was great and it put him in that top 5-10 range for sure, anything is debatable and all-time rankings are subjective. Jerry West, Shaq & Magic called Kobe the greatest Laker of all-time, Charles Barkley said Kobe's top 5, Mark Jackson & Scottie Pippen said back in 09 that Kobe had the potential to go down as the GOAT. Former NBA players and current NBA players have said that. Lebron back in 09 admitted Kobe's greater than him (and it was Lebron's greatest year statistically both in the RS and the POs).

I'll take the NBA players' word over the trolls that post on ISH. People that have lived and breathed the game and know what it takes to be great - they agree with what I have said here. It's enough for me.

I don't get into these all-time rankings discussions too much and I don't want to discredit other all-time greats in the process, Kobe is an all-time great and one of the biggest superstars ever, a global icon - those things are irrefutable.

The soliloquy of some of the Kobe haters is amusing - keep it coming.