PDA

View Full Version : If Durant was about to 3 peat...

JT123
06-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Would people still be calling this era "weak"? It's just funny to me that as soon as Lebron starts winning titles people wanna claim that this era is weak. :lol
I wonder if they would be saying this if "good guy" Durant was the current back to back Finals MVP about to 3 peat? :rolleyes: And don't give me any crap about the Western Conference being more competitive. Western teams over achieve during the regular season, then come playoff time the Spurs and Thunder slaughter those supposed Western "powerhouses." There is ZERO parity in that conference! If not for Pat Beverly the Thunder and Spurs would have faced off in the WCF 3 years in a row. :no:

imnew09
06-09-2014, 10:36 PM
If...

stfu, he gotta win his 1st one first... fken 2014 draft was worse than Kwame Brown :facepalm

Fudge
06-09-2014, 10:38 PM
What did this clown just babble about?

tmacattack33
06-09-2014, 10:38 PM
That doesn't even matter, Lebron was a legitimate star by his second season and a super-star by his third season....that was almost 10 ten years ago in the previous era.

RoundMoundOfReb
06-09-2014, 10:39 PM
You mean if Westbrook was about to 3 peat.

JT123
06-09-2014, 10:50 PM
You mean if Westbrook was about to 3 peat.
It's just hilarious how all the Jordan stans wanna claim that this era is so shitty, even though their boy had a free pass to the Finals every year during the 90's. I mean his biggest competition was John Starks and Reggie Miller! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Meanwhile Lebron is going up against and beating Carmelo, Pierce, Garnett, Rondo, Rose, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Duncan, and Tony Parker! :bowdown: I mean, was there another player in the 90's that was even on Westbrook's level? :biggums: What a weak and pathetic era for basketball. :sleeping

Fudge
06-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Guy is literally melting down over nothing.

Milbuck
06-09-2014, 10:54 PM
:whatever:

DonDadda59
06-09-2014, 10:58 PM
***MELTDOWN ALERT. EVERYONE TO YOUR STATIONS***

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/05/article-2304608-11D2A3FA000005DC-63_634x424.jpg

russwest0
06-09-2014, 10:59 PM
goddamn, another lebron stan meltdown?

seems like we see more and more meltdowns from them every day

zoom17
06-09-2014, 11:01 PM
goddamn, another lebron stan meltdown?

seems like we see more and more meltdowns from them every day

the hell that's kobe stans:biggums:

jstern
06-09-2014, 11:17 PM
Lebron is not the reason why people say the league is weak? Stop being so paranoid.

I think the league is stronger than it's been compared to some past years. But take your tin foil hat off. Most people are paranoid and build things up in their head that nobody else is spending any energy on.

Lebron is one of the absolute greatest to play this game, and you're stressing yourself out over things you build up in your head?

eliteballer
06-09-2014, 11:24 PM
Durant doesn't play in the East with a super team.

DFish24
06-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Brans competition is weak, that's a fact.

NumberSix
06-10-2014, 12:03 AM
Durant doesn't play in the East with a super team.
5 players + 3 refs = super-est team of all time.

DaSeba5
06-10-2014, 12:05 AM
They will say that about every future generation. Even in things besides basketball. "Back in my day..."

plowking
06-10-2014, 12:17 AM

Yeah. How did Shaq and Kobe ever beat those Nets in the finals. Or those mighty Sixers?

Or how about that incredibly tough Orlando team? :oldlol:

But yeah, this era is weak. The one where Kevin Durant is making the finals. You know, the guy everyone was saying is better than Lebron, a top 10 player ever. Or the one where the Spurs are making it? You know, the best run team of all time, with one of the best run offenses in basketball history.

Solefade
06-10-2014, 12:20 AM

can someone please explain this logic? competition is weak during playoffs and reg season but if you're in the finals what does that have to do with weak competition? doesn't that mean the west should handily take care of whoever comes out of the east? :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

eliteballer
06-10-2014, 12:20 AM
Yeah. How did Shaq and Kobe ever beat those Nets in the finals. Or those mighty Sixers?

Or how about that incredibly tough Orlando team? :oldlol:

But yeah, this era is weak. The one where Kevin Durant is making the finals. You know, the guy everyone was saying is better than Lebron, a top 10 player ever. Or the one where the Spurs are making it? You know, the best run team of all time, with one of the best run offenses in basketball history.

You're smarter than this stupid post...the Nets and Magic? Really? The WC makes the East look like a JV league, literally. Those Magic also beat LeBron's 67 win Cavs team but I digress..

Durant was 23 when he made the Finals. LeBron was in his prime. Big difference...and the Spurs core isn't near their primes.

eliteballer
06-10-2014, 12:22 AM
can someone please explain this logic? competition is weak during playoffs and reg season but if you're in the finals what does that have to do with weak competition? doesn't that mean the west should handily take care of whoever comes out of the east? :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

The West beats up on each other in the playoffs...it takes more out of you, the Heat cruise. Look at how inept Indiana was for the 2nd half of the season and getting pushed by teams like the Hawks...a sub 40 win team and still they make the conference finals.

Relinquish
06-10-2014, 12:24 AM
You're smarter than this stupid post...the Nets and Magic? Really? The WC makes the East look like a JV league, literally. Those Magic also beat LeBron's 67 win Cavs team but I digress..

Durant was 23 when he made the Finals. LeBron was in his prime. Big difference...and the Spurs core isn't near their primes.

Lebron was 22 when he first made the finals. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Fudge
06-10-2014, 12:26 AM
The East is weaker than all of my opponents in every fight i've been in. Are people really arguing otherwise?

eliteballer
06-10-2014, 12:27 AM
Lebron was 22 when he first made the finals. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

The point is let's not act like THAT Durant was what he is now...LeBron didn't beat THIS Durant. and how did LeBron perform against the Spurs at 22 vs how Durant did at 23?

NumberSix
06-10-2014, 12:29 AM
The East is weaker than all of my opponents in every fight i've been in. Are people really arguing otherwise?
What fights? Fights for prime spare-smoke bumming territory outside of grocery stores and the last bottle of lysol? :confusedshrug:

#Winnipeg

plowking
06-10-2014, 12:32 AM

This is literally all people want to hang their hats on. West>East, East sucks, etc.

Well, if you look at things with perspective, there isn't that big a difference.

Toronto was on pace for 55 wins after the Rudy Gay trade. So essentially they are a 55 win team, since they changed their line up to the one that went to the playoffs.
Brooklyn had the 3rd best record after the all star game. Everyone was finally coming to some semblance of "healthy", and they looked a great team. Another 50+ win team essentially.
Wizards? Also, lacking players due to injury, and constantly had players in and out of the line up. Healthy when the playoffs came around...

How about the Western Conference? You had the Spurs play Portland who was on a downward spiral, and play a Thunder team without it's best defender for half the series. The toughest team they faced was in fact their first round, which was a team on the up, a team that was getting healthy in the Mavs.

It's funny how people will use numbers, or context, depending on how it suits them against Lebron and the Heat. Whichever one makes them look worse.

eliteballer
06-10-2014, 12:35 AM
This is literally all people want to hang their hats on. West>East, East sucks, etc.

Well, if you look at things with perspective, there isn't that big a difference.

Toronto was on pace for 55 wins after the Rudy Gay trade. So essentially they are a 55 win team, since they changed their line up to the one that went to the playoffs.
Brooklyn had the 3rd best record after the all star game. Everyone was finally coming to some semblance of "healthy", and they looked a great team. Another 50+ win team essentially.
Wizards? Also, lacking players due to injury, and constantly had players in and out of the line up. Healthy when the playoffs came around...

How about the Western Conference? You had the Spurs play Portland who was on a downward spiral, and play a Thunder team without it's best defender for half the series. The toughest team they faced was in fact their first round, which was a team on the up, a team that was getting healthy in the Mavs.

It's funny how people will use numbers, or context, depending on how it suits them against Lebron and the Heat. Whichever one makes them look worse.

Look at who Toronto and Brooklyn are playing...SCHEDULES ARE WEIGHTED TO CONFERENCE. Making the playoffs in the East is not the same as the West. The East not only is weaker but the Heat are a stacked team on top of it..

Fudge
06-10-2014, 12:39 AM
What fights? Fights for prime spare-smoke bumming territory outside of grocery stores and the last bottle of lysol? :confusedshrug:

#Winnipeg
:confusedshrug:

How do you know where i'm originally from? You're scaring me, dude. Stop being weird.

plowking
06-10-2014, 12:42 AM
Look at who Toronto and Brooklyn are playing...SCHEDULES ARE WEIGHTED TO CONFERENCE. Making the playoffs in the East is not the same as the West. The East not only is weaker but the Heat are a stacked team on top of it..

I'm sure you saw the statistics of Lebron on court, and off it in this Spurs series. Surely stacked.

How are you stacked when your 2nd option doesn't play for half the year? And for another 15% he does play, he is injured or in some way hampered?

Do you really think outside of their best player, the Heat are the best team in the league, if you take out every other teams best player?

Solefade
06-10-2014, 01:35 AM
The West beats up on each other in the playoffs...it takes more out of you, the Heat cruise. Look at how inept Indiana was for the 2nd half of the season and getting pushed by teams like the Hawks...a sub 40 win team and still they make the conference finals.

except the team that came out of the east past 3 years not including this year played more games against tougher defenses so your point is moot

try again

JT123
06-10-2014, 03:45 AM
Yeah, I'm sure blowing out the Blazers 4 times took sooooo much out of the Spurs. :lol :facepalm

bdreason
06-10-2014, 04:08 AM
It's not a weak era, but we're definitely in a transition period where the guys who were running the league (Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, KG, Dirk, etc.) are finally fading out, and the new breed are trying to fill the gaps. Because of this transition, I don't feel there are any all-time GREAT teams in the current NBA. That doesn't take anything away from LeBron or the Heats accomplishments though... you can only beat who they put in front of you.

To be fair, I think MJ won some of his titles in a similar transition period in the NBA (early 90's).

GimmeThat
06-10-2014, 04:19 AM
Would people still be calling this era "weak"? It's just funny to me that as soon as Lebron starts winning titles people wanna claim that this era is weak. :lol

is handing out more rings because there are more teams in the league now compared to what it was like before/during the NBA/ABA version makes the ring measurement more accurate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7HWsgj1WWE