PDA

View Full Version : I have a theory: Kobe will be traded for Amare Stoudemires 23.4M$ expiring contract

kennethgriffin
06-10-2014, 01:18 AM
a) Melo will get a sign/trade to chicago for boozer and taj gibson/picks

b) lakers will let gasol walk. they wont be able to match his salary or want a sign and trade to take on more salary

c) lakers will hire another bum coach like dunleavy

d) lakers will fall 15 games under 500

e) kobe will demand a trade and only have a few possible destinations ( knicks for amare, or nets for joe johnson )

f) knicks will give the lakers amare and picks.. he'l be bought out and join miami

kobe knows with phil he can trust management... and with fisher he knows that the offense will go through him for as long as he wants

look for kobe to be wearing blue and orange next year

http://i58.tinypic.com/dg2gly.png

Cocaine80s
06-10-2014, 01:19 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: thought this was serious

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 01:19 AM
Kobe ain't afraid of the bright lights, that's for sure.

ZMonkey11
06-10-2014, 01:20 AM
Ray Felton looks a lot fitter in that pic.

kennethgriffin
06-10-2014, 01:20 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: thought this was serious

its believable

especially with fisher/phil there.. its like its set up or something

the nba is so hollywood

fpliii
06-10-2014, 01:21 AM

b) lakers will let gasol walk. they wont be able to match his salary or want a sign and trade to take on more salary

e) kobe will demand a trade and only have a few possible destinations ( knicks for amare, or nets for joe johnson )

f) knicks will give the lakers amare and picks.. he'l be bought out and join miami

kobe knows with phil he can trust management... and with fisher he knows that the offense will go through him for as long as he wants

We went 27-55 this year (which I think is 28 games under .500, or maybe 14 if we're saying 14-14 is .500). Remove Gasol and replace him with a finished Amare, no way in hell we win 20 games (with no Kobe).

kennethgriffin
06-10-2014, 01:27 AM
i dont think theres anyone on the free agent market that the lakers can get. and they wont wanna pay gasol

the lakers have no options right now for a good coaching replacement

theyre waiting on kevin love. itel be another year before that happens. and kobe will get sick and tired of losing. he wants the lakers to rebuild and make trades right now

no way he sits through another year like this.. especially if hes on the court

its all over.. baring another magic act from kupchak

and i doubt he'l wanna go to the nets and play with kg or pierce..

knicks are his only option

Jasper
06-10-2014, 01:38 AM
why would the knicks want another old player that gets them no where :confusedshrug:

kennethgriffin
06-10-2014, 01:40 AM
why would the knicks want another old player that gets them no where :confusedshrug:
are you new to basketball?

NumberSix
06-10-2014, 02:58 AM
Kobe ain't afraid of the bright lights, that's for sure.
Unless they're police lights.

Kiddlovesnets
06-10-2014, 03:13 AM
Kobetards aint even rooting for the Lakers now.
:facepalm

miggyme1
06-10-2014, 03:14 AM
if kobe comes to new york..melo stays in new york..people keep forgetting melo CHOSE to go to new york..he wasnt traded....usually when a star player CHOOSES to go somewhere they usually stay put until they win a ring finally or they are past their prime and then try and move to a contender for a season or two.

really cant see melo leaving the city he loves for chicago...at this point i dont even think winning a ring is THAT important to melo...i think he wants to win dont get me wrong but he aint losing sleep about not ever being to finals yet...just my humble opinion

bigkingsfan
06-10-2014, 03:22 AM
He might actually make the playoffs in the East.

GimmeThat
06-10-2014, 03:53 AM
The Knicks gives him as good as a chance of Reggie Miller winning ONE ring with the Pacers during the latter part of his career.

Yup.

Akrazotile
06-10-2014, 03:58 AM
If the Knicks keep Melo and JR i would kick in money to any movement pressing to get Kobe traded there just for the sheer enjoyment of watching that mess :lol

Soundwave
06-10-2014, 05:28 AM
I could actually see that happening, but I dunno ... does Kobe believe enough in that Knicks roster? Getting slapped around by the Heat in round 1 wouldn't be good for his legacy.

Also the Lakers like Kobe just fine right now because he keeps the Staples Center full, I think they know deep down they're not going to win more titles, but business is business.

buddha
06-10-2014, 05:37 AM
Lakers would only trade Kobe for a top 3 pick in this draft.

pastis
06-10-2014, 06:05 AM
kobe is a difficult player. he even had his own problems to make what one of the greatest coaches told him to do. i dont think, that he would obey a coach like fisher.

kennethgriffin
06-10-2014, 06:26 AM
kobe is a difficult player. he even had his own problems to make what one of the greatest coaches told him to do. i dont think, that he would obey a coach like fisher.

like you said. kobe didnt obey phil and they won 5 titles anyway

who cares. kobe does what he wants when he wants and succeeds. only player in history to go playstation mode and succeed

1 on 1, 1 on 5... doesnt matter.. isolation... bring it on

pull up 40 footers... yup

:lol

f*ck logic

JtotheIzzo
06-10-2014, 06:26 AM
We went 27-55 this year (which I think is 28 games under .500, or maybe 14 if we're saying 14-14 is .500). Remove Gasol and replace him with a finished Amare, no way in hell we win 20 games (with no Kobe).

nice math

ralph_i_el
06-10-2014, 11:23 AM
if kobe comes to new york..melo stays in new york..people keep forgetting melo CHOSE to go to new york..he wasnt traded....usually when a star player CHOOSES to go somewhere they usually stay put until they win a ring finally or they are past their prime and then try and move to a contender for a season or two.

really cant see melo leaving the city he loves for chicago...at this point i dont even think winning a ring is THAT important to melo...i think he wants to win dont get me wrong but he aint losing sleep about not ever being to finals yet...just my humble opinion

Melo wasn't traded:facepalm then how did the nuggets get half the Knicks?

Brokenbeat
06-10-2014, 11:51 AM

This. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
06-10-2014, 11:53 AM
If the Knicks keep Melo and JR i would kick in money to any movement pressing to get Kobe traded there just for the sheer enjoyment of watching that mess :lol

god, make it happen :bowdown:

Droid101
06-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. Tank this season like crazy, sign someone to keep the team interesting (15 million for a season of Lance?), get a top pick plus 100% free cap for 2015 free agency.

ImKobe
06-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Kobe ain't going to the Knicks to play under Fisher, keep dreaming.

no pun intended
06-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Kobetard aint even rooting for the Lakers now.
:facepalm
fixed

wally_world
06-10-2014, 12:40 PM
More likely to happen if Melo stays.

Knicks sign Bynum in the offseason

Tyson / Bynum / Tyler
Melo / Bargnani / Odom
Kobe / Clark / JR
Shump / THJ
Faton / Prig

Heck, bring back Kwame, Smush, Luke and Mbenga!

That team, when motivated, could potentially beat Miami.

gts
06-10-2014, 12:56 PM

the problem with your post is you found the picture then created an inane scenario to fit...

miggyme1
06-10-2014, 02:14 PM

oh yea i forgot about that..he still CHOSE the knicks tho

JohnMax
06-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Dwight laughs at those narrow shoulders

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/pauper1.jpg

Levity
06-10-2014, 03:11 PM
honestly, it seems like their could be a possibility for this to happen, but again, kobe would have to agree to it (no-trade clause)

so the question is, even with kobe, is there any chance theyd be a better team 14-15 than the lakers. the chance to make the playoffs is higher seeing as its the eastern conference, but still, its not guaranteed.

the lakers will have cap space the same time the knicks do, except the lakers have a pick in this years draft. decisions, decisions.

DukeDelonte13
06-10-2014, 03:18 PM
does anybody know if kobe has the no trade clause in his contract?

BoutPractice
06-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Honestly, why not? Stranger things have happened.

D-FENS
06-10-2014, 04:11 PM

Also, Knicks will sign Gasol to the MLE and Boozer won't be involved for Melo. It will be Gibson, Dunleavy, Mirotic rights, and picks.

CT: Gasol/ Chandler
PF: Gibson/ Odom
SF: Bryant/ Dunleavy
SG: Hardaway Jr./ Smith
PG: Shumpert/ Prigioni/ Felton

JellyBean
06-10-2014, 04:11 PM
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the title of the thread. Holy smokes that is scary. Kobe is a Laker for LIFE....or until his contract ends.

LoPro4u2c
06-10-2014, 04:34 PM
It's more like this.

Lamar Odom, already with Knicks.

Derek Fisher, Head Coach of the Knicks.

Pau Gasol, Free Agent

Andrew Bynum, Free Agent

Trevor Ariza, Free Agent

Steve Blake, Free Agent

Jordan Farmar, Free Agent

Shannon Brown, Free Agent

Ron Artest, Free Agent

Sasha Vujacic, Free Agent

Re-Sign Melo.

And last but not least, Kobe waives No Trade Clause, gets traded to Knicks for Amara, J.r. smith, and Fat Felton.

Blake/Farmar
Bryant/Brown/Vujacic
Melo/Ariza
Odom/Artest
Gasol/Bynum

ReunionBe.

The Los Angeles Lakers of the New York Knicks.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Brilliant Move Phil, Brillant Move.

MMM
06-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. Tank this season like crazy, sign someone to keep the team interesting (15 million for a season of Lance?), get a top pick plus 100% free cap for 2015 free agency.

Thought Lakers didn't own their pick in 15.

To the OP, what picks do the Knicks have to trade???. Seems like all their picks over the next few years belong to someone else or can't be moved.

Levity
06-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Thought Lakers didn't own their pick in 15.

yeah i think it belongs the PHX from the nash deal. maybe its protected?

MMM
06-10-2014, 05:03 PM

True, I think DROID told me that before too

Brokenbeat
06-10-2014, 05:16 PM
I mentioned this on a Lakers forum back in March. Needless to say, it didn't go over too well, lol.

Brokenbeat
06-10-2014, 05:17 PM

Top 5 protected