PDA

View Full Version : Is Tim Duncan the worst NBA star to international player of all time?

Bodhi
06-10-2014, 02:00 AM
I'm curious, has any NBA superstar performed as poorly as Duncan did at his peak in the Olympics? Widely considered the best player in the NBA and was completely shut down by international front courts

tanner892
06-10-2014, 02:24 AM
you sound mad

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 02:26 AM
Was he on the team with Bron that disgraced the USA and brought home a bronze?

fandarko
06-10-2014, 02:29 AM
I'm curious, has any NBA superstar performed as poorly as Duncan did at his peak in the Olympics? Widely considered the best player in the NBA and was completely shut down by international front courts

In international competitions more generally, under FIBA rules, a number of players would be and were less effective.

Dwight's impact has been poorer under FIBA rules. I remember also the 2002 team on the WC in Indianapolis. Nobody really stood out, except maybe for Paul Pierce. It was a team of all star and borderline all star players that lost to Argentina, Yugoslavia and Spain.

Duncan was almost a non-factor on the 2004 Olympics, I've seen him. And he was at his peak. He looked like an ordinary player.

Iverson was also bleak, as was Marbury and they were Team USA's most efficient players (14, 13 and 10 pts in average, respectively). It was a solid team with Melo, Bron and Wade after their rookie years, Odom, Okafor, Stoudamire, Boozer, Richard Jefferson... But the Argentinians and Lithuanians took care of them.

I remember also in Sidney in 2000, USA had a supernaturally talented team and did win the gold, but they still struggled against a depleted Lithuania (barely won) and France in the finals. VC averaged 14 points and Garnett 10. I guess they weren't really in shape and didn't take it seriously enough.

It was only after Coach K took them in 2006 and lost to Greece in the semis that team USA took international competition seriously and started really preparing that the Americans reclaimed primacy on international competitions. Now you have team perfectly suited for FIBA rules every two years and nobody can touch them, especially since international teams are in decline due to lack of top talent.

demons2005
06-10-2014, 07:28 AM
Duncan sabotaged the olympics his "country" is considered a country in the Olympics so he was ashamed to be playing for USA so he wrecked us in favor of his own teammate getting the glory

Trollsmasher
06-10-2014, 07:36 AM
yes

his fundamentals are too weak for international competition

r15mohd
06-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Was he on the team with Bron that disgraced the USA and brought home a bronze?

rookie Lebron, Wade and Melo are the cause? :wtf: :facepalm

Kiddlovesnets
06-10-2014, 10:31 AM
It was not his fault, they had two cancers on the team, Allen Iverson and Stephen Marbury. You are in serious trouble if you get one cancer, and two cancers will definitely kill.

Lebron23
05-19-2020, 08:46 PM
Duncan admitted he hated playing under the fiba rules that's why he never wore a team usa jersey again.

tpols
05-19-2020, 08:50 PM
the main advantage tim duncan has in the NBA is that he's much smarter and more fundamentally sound than 95% of the players.

so its a cake walk outsmarting all the ghetto types who only relied on athleticism their whole lives.

When he went to Europe that strategy aint work anymore.

Lebron23
05-19-2020, 08:52 PM
the main advantage tim duncan has in the NBA is that he's much smarter and more fundamentally sound than 95% of the players.

so its a cake walk outsmarting all the ghetto types who only relied on athleticism their whole lives.

When he went to Europe that strategy aint work anymore.

I remembered him getting out rebounded by Duenas who looks like an older version of Boban.

Duncan21formvp
05-19-2020, 08:53 PM
It was Lebron, he won two bronze medals

RRR3
05-19-2020, 08:55 PM
He actually won gold as the leader of the team in 2012 so he’s automatically over Duncan :(

Duncan21formvp
05-19-2020, 08:58 PM
He actually won gold as the leader of the team in 2012 so he’s automatically over Duncan :(

Wade and Kobe were the leaders in 2008 and 2012.

RRR3
05-19-2020, 09:02 PM
Wade and Kobe were the leaders in 2008 and 2012.
You are honestly the worst troll in ISH history. I’ve never seen someone this inept at trolling. It’s shocking how bad you are at trolling. You are the troll equivalent of Nickleback.

Duncan21formvp
05-19-2020, 09:04 PM
You are honestly the worst troll in ISH history. I’ve never seen someone this inept at trolling. It’s shocking how bad you are at trolling. You are the troll equivalent of Nickleback.

How is that trolling when Kobe was the leader of those teams? Kobe showed those guys how to win. Before Kobe joined neither of them won gold.

tpols
05-19-2020, 09:15 PM
Lebron cant compete as well internationally because you cant rim run on teams playing zone defense with no 3 second rule.

The NBA only has a 3 second rule because it prevents teams from parking a 7 footer in the middle and forcing teams to hit tough jumpers. Ultimately, the NBA highlights athleticism like a circus over team based play.

Thats why Melo was so good internationally, he could jay you just as good as any euro, but was bigger and with nice handle & quick hit skillset.

LAmbruh
05-19-2020, 09:22 PM
still can't believe 23yo Lebron outplayed prime Kobe in 2008 Beijing

him and Wade put on a clinic all tourney, while MVP Black Mamba was reduced to chucking 3's and getting worked by Rudy Fernandez

https://i.postimg.cc/DwQzjrNh/ftgjfdtjtjh.png

2012 was even worse

Lebron's game is so succesfully adaptable to any system, ruleset and coach. Insane

scuzzy
05-19-2020, 09:33 PM

him and Wade put on a clinic all tourney, while MVP Black Mamba was reduced to chucking 3's and getting worked by Rudy Fernandez

2012 was even worse

Lebron's game is so succesfully adaptable to any system, ruleset and coach. Insane

I was told Kobe's statistical ceiling was limited by the triangle

Does coach K, Brown, D'Antoni, Byron run the triangle as well. Interesting how Lebron stays consistent under any system/era while Kobe drops off dramatically

40% FG in FIBA while everyone else is sniffing 60% and up, yikes
https://i.postimg.cc/sgybxrDY/sdfgdhd.png

LAmbruh
05-19-2020, 09:38 PM

Does coach K, Brown, D'Antoni, Byron run the triangle as well. Interesting how Lebron stays consistent under any system/era while Kobe drops off dramatically

:no: Olympic Mamba's efficiency was shit because they were allowed to handcheck back then plus other physicality rules, etc, etc,

which explains Lebr.......

oh wait

:milton

Stanley Kobrick
05-19-2020, 09:48 PM

2012 was even worse

Quite fascinating, I never got to watch the olympics as much of play was outside of my timezone sleep schedule. Always figured Kobe was decent, looks like he was reduced to role player behind James/Durant and even Wade

Turbo Slayer
05-19-2020, 09:53 PM
It was Lebron, he won two bronze medals Listen dumba$$. LeBron was a rookie back then in 2004. Also he only played 92 minutes behind Richard Jefferson who played 148 which is far more minutes. In that case you should be blaming Jefferson, not LeBron because Jefferson took more of the slack. Stop spewing random bull$hit that only serves to tear down a player's legacy.

Duncan21formvp
05-19-2020, 10:28 PM
Listen dumba$$. LeBron was a rookie back then in 2004. Also he only played 92 minutes behind Richard Jefferson who played 148 which is far more minutes. In that case you should be blaming Jefferson, not LeBron because Jefferson took more of the slack. Stop spewing random bull$hit that only serves to tear down a player's legacy.

Lebron won two bronze medals that is a fact! He led America to a bronze medal as he had the name the Chosen One listed.

Lebron23
05-19-2020, 10:45 PM
Timduncan21 aka warriorfan getting destriyed in tgis thread.

Stanley Kobrick
05-19-2020, 11:02 PM
Timduncan21 aka warriorfan getting destriyed in tgis thread.
oh wow, he's the welfarefan? i know a lot of people say he uses the account jstern, montaellismvp and walk on water also. quite a facinating creature, i guess it would make sense as both these accounts started to post once his main account became banned. hopefully welfarefan gets help from the stimulus check

MrFonzworth
05-20-2020, 12:56 AM

What's wrong with Nickelback?

Turbo Slayer
05-20-2020, 09:06 AM
Lebron won two bronze medals that is a fact! He led America to a bronze medal as he had the name the Chosen One listed.

So we just going by nicknames to determine who is a lead dog and who is not? Dumba$$.
'
No one does that, id!ot.

Bankaii
05-20-2020, 09:19 AM
Duncan sabotaged the olympics his "country" is considered a country in the Olympics so he was ashamed to be playing for USA so he wrecked us in favor of his own teammate getting the glory

This loser really posted the same bs in this thread with two different alts lmao.

Lebron23
06-10-2020, 10:49 PM
This loser really posted the same bs in this thread with two different alts lmao.

Welfarefan.

FreezingTsmoove
06-10-2020, 11:15 PM
Giannis made a fool out of himself last summer at the fiba tournament

Lebron23
06-10-2020, 11:17 PM
Giannis made a fool out of himself last summer at the fiba tournament

Add him on the lists.

Smoke117
06-10-2020, 11:17 PM
Wasn't Iverson pretty garbage?

Lebron23
06-10-2020, 11:22 PM

Iverson was the reason they won some games in that tournament

YoungDripKing
06-10-2020, 11:45 PM

What are you tripping about? LeBron was not the main man on that team... by any means. Anyone who saw those games knew it was Kobe and Wade.

YoungDripKing
06-10-2020, 11:46 PM
Quite fascinating, I never got to watch the olympics as much of play was outside of my timezone sleep schedule. Always figured Kobe was decent, looks like he was reduced to role player behind James/Durant and even Wade

So you admit you just box score watch? Kobe won them the gold medal lol. All the coaches and anyone who watched those games can tell you that. Hell, the entire USA team was cheering for Kobe at the end of the Spain game. Yikes. Talk about eating dirt.

Lebron23
10-21-2020, 10:28 PM
Tim Bronzecan

kawhileonard2
10-21-2020, 11:10 PM
Lebronze James.

WhiteKyrie
10-22-2020, 01:32 AM
No, he was their best player. And the second best on the 2003 team after McGrady that curb stomped their competition.