PDA

View Full Version : per cbs sports, lebron wants to play with melo

Knicksfever2010
06-10-2014, 01:53 PM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24584662/report-lebron-james-interested-in-playing-with-carmelo-anthony

Kiddlovesnets
06-10-2014, 01:55 PM
And that does not mean Lebron to Knicks, more like Melo to Heat for me. Keep dreaming Knicks fan, there are some awesome things that only happen in your dreams.
:lol

imdaman99
06-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Listening to Steven A on his radio show and he keeps talking about that.

Says if they both opt in, there's a 95% chance they are playing together next year :kobe:

Either Miami or NYC. I don't see it...

tmacattack33
06-10-2014, 01:58 PM
It would work better than Wade and Lebron.

Imagine Carmelo on a pick and pop with Lebron. Where is the defense going to go?

I hope it happens in New York. Lebron is the only thing that can save them. Also, if KG and Pierce are in still in Brooklyn next, it will be hilarious seeing Lebron kill KG and Pierce's dreams once again :oldlol:

Kiddlovesnets
06-10-2014, 01:59 PM
It would work better than Wade and Lebron.

Imagine Carmelo on a pick and pop with Lebron. Where is the defense going to go?

I hope it happens in New York. Lebron is the only thing that can save them.

Its clearly not gonna happen, except in Knicks fans dreams.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SCdac
06-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Of course he does. How many players from the 2003 draft and former lottery picks can they get on one team? :facepalm

LoneyROY7
06-10-2014, 02:01 PM

Says if they both opt in, there's a 95% chance they are playing together next year :kobe:

People also doubted Stephen A. Smith when he first reported that Bran, Wade, and Bosh would be playing together...

Just saying.

NumberSix
06-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Melo to The Heat.

Im so nba'd out
06-10-2014, 02:02 PM
smh looks like Sixers wont be competing for a championship anytime soon sigh.

GODbe
06-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Dude still wants more all stars holy sht :lol . He basically wants the east all star team starting 5 alongside him as well as a hall of famer filled bench:roll: :roll:

tmacattack33
06-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Dude still wants more all stars holy sht :lol . He basically wants the east all star team starting 5 alongside him as well as a hall of famer filled bench:roll: :roll:

Most teams have an all-star caliber player on them.

The only way Lebron can win in your eyes is to go to the Milwaukee Bucks...but then you'd probably complain about him wanting to play with Jabari Parker (the player projected to go to the Bucks in the draft) :oldlol:

Fudge
This guy is so weak minded. Damn. :roll:

Haymaker

This. If Bron is the GOAT at anything it must be the GOAT recruiter.

SilkkTheShocker
06-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Knicks' franchise player is going to be Tim Hardaway Jr :oldlol:

Kiddlovesnets
06-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Knicks' franchise player is going to be Tim Hardaway Jr :oldlol:

lol haha.
:roll:

AnaheimLakers24
06-10-2014, 02:08 PM
cant win on his own. loser

pegasus
06-10-2014, 02:08 PM
I have no doubt he is/will be recruiting Melo like crazy. The guy is so beta and afraid of competition that it's almost funny.

kennethgriffin
06-10-2014, 02:09 PM
they should both go to chicago.. one sign, the other sign and trade for boozer

rose/melo/bron would be deadly with noah leading the way

JT123
06-10-2014, 02:10 PM
I have no doubt he is/will be recruiting Melo like crazy. The guy is so so beta and afraid of competition that it's almost funny.
Have you EVER made a comment on this site that wasn't about Lebron? :biggums: Cause I have yet to see one.

JT123
06-10-2014, 02:12 PM
This guy is so weak minded. Damn. :roll:
He want's to give Melo a ring, what is so wrong about that? :confusedshrug:
Lebron, the "ring giver" :bowdown: :bowdown:

hawkfan
06-10-2014, 02:14 PM
The Hawks lost 14 out of 15 at one point, and then lost another 6 in a row after that, and with Al Horford out, and owners unwilling to spend on two player exceptions ($5.25 million and $2.65 million), the Hawks still managed to get into the playoffs past the Knicks.

Melo is a good scorer but has some serious issues to address in other aspects of his game and as a leader.

That said, 4 years, $80 million with the Hawks would be ok, because there are enough guys around him to force him to play better.

LoneyROY7
06-10-2014, 02:16 PM
The Hawks lost 14 out of 15 at one point, and then lost another 6 in a row after that, and with Al Horford out, and owners unwilling to spend on two player exceptions ($5.25 million and $2.65 million), the Hawks still managed to get into the playoffs past the Knicks.

Melo is a good scorer but has some serious issues to address in other aspects of his game and as a leader.

That said, 4 years, $80 million with the Hawks would be ok, because there are enough guys around him to force him to play better.

:roll:

Neither are going to the Hawks. Sorry.

Nash
06-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Just don't see Lebron leaving Wade, Bosh, Allen, Cole and the rest of those guys like that. If he wants Melo, both him and Melo will have to take serious paycuts, Same thing with Wade.

But honestly, Melo and Lebron have what.. 5 years left before retiring? Why not leave competing for championships the rest of the way? Melo could easily be Lebron's 2nd option. By now he must have realized that him being a 1st option never leads to basketball in June.

Wade 13m
Lebron 15m
Melo 15m
Bosh 17m
Birdman, Allen, Lewis, Oden, Haslem take the min vet
Cole's on rookie deal
Boozer joins after being amnestied by the Bulls.

Bosh doesn't deserve to take a paycut, dude has already left way too much since the creation of the Miami Heat. Although he has admitted to wanting to take less money.

Nash
06-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Have you EVER made a comment on this site that wasn't about Lebron? :biggums: Cause I have yet to see one.
Dude is going on 8 years. He's a veteran Lebron hater.

SilkkTheShocker
06-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Just don't see Lebron leaving Wade, Bosh, Allen, Cole and the rest of those guys like that. If he wants Melo, both him and Melo will have to take serious paycuts, Same thing with Wade.

But honestly, Melo and Lebron have what.. 5 years left before retiring? Why not leave competing for championships the rest of the way? Melo could easily be Lebron's 2nd option. By now he must have realized that him being a 1st option never leads to basketball in June.

Wade 13m
Lebron 15m
Melo 15m
Bosh 17m
Cole's on rookie deal

Bosh doesn't deserve to take a paycut, dude has already left way too much since the creation of the Miami Heat. Although he has admitted to wanting to take less money.

Why would LeBron leave for a terribly run franchise like the Knicks? Melo is the one that is going to have to leave. The Knicks are the Cavaliers on steroids.

lakerspng
06-10-2014, 02:26 PM
lose Nash's expiring contract.

LeBron and Melo to the Lakers

resign Gasol for a vet min so he can stay in LA on the team...

Kobe
LeBron
Melo
Gasol

with a couple additional pieces that could be a fun team to watch.... Kobe's played on plenty of all star / olympic mega teams, he knows how to fit into the team concept. he's not the brash 23 year old looking to prove himself that he was in 2004.

not likely (maybe 1 in 1,000,000 chance), but fun to think about.

If Melo goes to Miami, who do they lose, Bosh? I don't think they can do that. Melo doesn't provide what Bosh does on defense and in passing/spacing. They can't afford to re-sign Lebron and Bosh, keep Wade AND sign Melo.

Sarcastic
06-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Knicks will have all the cap space in the world in 2015 to sign them both. All their big contracts (Amare, Tyson, Bargs) are done by then.

Kiddlovesnets
06-10-2014, 02:30 PM
Knicks will have all the cap space in the world in 2015 to sign them both. All their big contracts (Amare, Tyson, Bargs) are done by then.

You do know that Lebron will sign a contract this year and will not be available in 2015 dont you? Knicks fans are as delusional as usual.
:facepalm

Nash
06-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Why would LeBron leave for a terribly run franchise like the Knicks? Melo is the one that is going to have to leave. The Knicks are the Cavaliers on steroids.
He's not, Lebron is not interested in leaving Miami. He knows Pat Riley is who he wants to lead his team.

b0bab0i
06-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Of course he does. How many players from the 2003 draft and former lottery picks can they get on one team? :facepalm
They can get Chris Kaman on the cheap also. #6 pick in the draft.

JT123
06-10-2014, 02:32 PM
What does this mean? Bosh is one of the most overpaid players in the league! :biggums:

Kiddlovesnets
06-10-2014, 02:32 PM
He's not, Lebron is not interested in leaving Miami. He knows Pat Riley is who he wants to lead his team.

Maybe he will, but I think good chance he will stay. Even if he leaves noway in hell hes going to the Knicks, the 37-45ers fans can rest in peace now.

DaSeba5
06-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Why does LeBron leave the team that went to 4 straight Finals, potentially 3-peats, and leave his friends to go to a dysfunctional franchise that hasn't been relevant in a long time and hasn't won a title in 40 years? If anything, Melo is coming to Miami more than LeBron is going to NY.

Kiddlovesnets
06-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Why does LeBron leave the team that went to 4 straight Finals, potentially 3-peats, and leave his friends to go to a dysfunctional franchise that hasn't been relevant in a long time and hasn't won a title in 40 years? If anything, Melo is coming to Miami more than LeBron is going to NY.

Agreed, but you know these are Knicks fans and they keep dreaming, its the only way they can see their team winning a title in their lifetimes.

stalkerforlife
06-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Oh. My. Gosh.

When will the colluding stop? He wants ANOTHER top 5 player in his prime?

R.I.P.
06-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Bron, Wade and Bosh alone exhaust the full Heat salary cap. :facepalm

The best chance for Bron and Melo playing together are places like Cleveland, Dallas or Phoenix, who could easily gut their whole rosters to create 45-50 million dollars in capspace.

FLDFSU
06-10-2014, 03:05 PM

Stephen A was the first to have Lebron to the Heat.

FLDFSU
06-10-2014, 03:18 PM

Wade 13m
Lebron 15m
Melo 15m
Bosh 17m
Cole's on rookie deal

OR the billionaire owner can just pay the taxes

BoutPractice
06-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Next, TJ Ford, Mike Sweetney, and the almighty Jarvis Hayes.

Mrofir
06-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Bron, Wade and Bosh alone exhaust the full Heat salary cap. :facepalm

The best chance for Bron and Melo playing together are places like Cleveland, Dallas or Phoenix, who could easily gut their whole rosters to create 45-50 million dollars in capspace.

if Lbj colluded a superteam in phx I honestly don't know what I would do or who I would cheer for.

Also Melo is even more unlikeable than Lebron

Dagouch
06-10-2014, 04:02 PM

If he "Ever" Leaves I suspect it will be back to Cleveland. Depending on who they draft this year will be key. Even with that I don't see him leaving but stranger things have been known to happen.

NumberSix
06-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Anyone that thinks LeBron is wasting prime years under a coach that has never coached is seriously delusional.

Dagouch
06-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Agreed, but you know these are Knicks fans and they keep dreaming, its the only way they can see their team winning a title in their lifetimes.

Not all Knicks fans are like that. Besides the Nets are not in better situation to get anybody either.

hawksdogsbraves
06-10-2014, 04:05 PM
It's more likely that Melo ends up in Miami than LeBron ends up in NYC.

Tell Bosh he's getting paid like a chump because he plays like one, tell Wade he's getting a big paycut because he can't stay on the damn floor and nobody else wants him, have LeBron take a few mil under max and bring in Melo.

You can fill the rest of the roster with ring chasers playing for the min and win another 2-3 rings easy.

buddha
06-10-2014, 04:07 PM
don't be surprised when Bran and Melo go to Cleveland.

JohnMax
06-10-2014, 04:16 PM
Who is going to take the last shot?

Smook A.
06-10-2014, 04:18 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img580/7041/3yr5.png

aboss4real24
06-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Lebron is goin to nyk

deal wit it

BoutPractice
06-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Did you know the 1988 Detroit Pistons, who were this close to winning the title, had 4 future HOFers?

Isiah
Dumars
Rodman
and... Adrian Dantley, who'd been signed the year before at age 30 coming off a 30 ppg season. He didn't stay in 1989, and 3 years after signing with the Pistons was scoring 15 ppg with Dallas.
(They also had Bill Laimbeer averaging 14 and 10, Rick Mahorn, John Salley, and more anecdotally a 31 year old Darryl Dawkins on the tail end of his career)

I'm saying this because Carmelo may not be better than Dantley was, and is turning 30 too. I'm not sure you should overpay him for a long contract, whoever ends up getting him. He should still be a star for about 2-3 years at least, but you don't know what you'll be getting afterwards.

triangleoffense
06-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Great idea, two superstars who play the exact same position on the same team.

Did you know the 1988 Detroit Pistons, who were this close to winning the title, had 4 future HOFers?

Isiah
Dumars
Rodman
and... Adrian Dantley, who'd been signed the year before at age 30 coming off a 30 ppg season. He didn't stay in 1989, and 3 years after signing with the Pistons was scoring 15 ppg with Dallas.
(They also had Bill Laimbeer averaging 14 and 10, Rick Mahorn, John Salley, and more anecdotally a 31 year old Darryl Dawkins on the tail end of his career)

I'm saying this because Carmelo may not be better than Dantley was, and is turning 30 too. I'm not sure you should overpay him for a long contract, whoever ends up getting him. He should still be a star for about 2-3 years at least, but you don't know what you'll be getting afterwards.

Yea that team was ridiculous. AD and Isiah never would have gotten along though. The whole 80s just had all super teams that won it. The Celtics had 4 at one point too with Bill Walton and their regular 3 in Bird, McHale and Parish.

Relinquish
06-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Next, TJ Ford, Mike Sweetney, and the almighty Jarvis Hayes.

GOAT :bowdown: :bowdown:

TheMan
06-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Goddamn, so the Heat can potentially have 4 top twenty current NBA players in their starting lineup and have a GOAT 3pt shooter coming off the bench?

And yet, LeCollude stans will keep on claiming his team isn't stacked :facepalm

russwest0
06-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Holy shit, LeBron won't stop until his only competition is a d-league level team :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Kingwillball
06-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Holy shit, LeBron won't stop until his only competition is a d-league level team :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

As king his power knows no limits.. He wants rule for years to come...

NumberSix
Goddamn, so the Heat can potentially have 4 top twenty current NBA players in their starting lineup and have a GOAT 3pt shooter coming off the bench?

And yet, LeCollude stans will keep on claiming his team isn't stacked :facepalm
It is a team sport. I want my team as stacked as possible.

smoovegittar
Bron and Melo to the Nets in 2018! They'll be old enough by then :oldlol:

TheMan
06-10-2014, 05:04 PM
It is a team sport. I want my team as stacked as possible.
I hear you dawg, but you can't then claim he's doing it all himself, which is what his worst stans love claiming.

secund2nun
06-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Lebron needs better advice if this is true. Melo is overrated and on top of that if Lebron wins a title with Melo it will be because of "superstar" Melo and Lebron will receive little credit.

Compare this with Lebron playing with say Marc Gasol, who is by far a superior player than Melo, earns less than Melo, and Lebron would get much more credit winning with a Marc Gasol than with a overrated Melo.

jzek
06-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Great decision. Melo is a better sidekick than Bosh + Washed Up Wade combined.

secund2nun
06-10-2014, 06:16 PM
I hear you dawg, but you can't then claim he's doing it all himself, which is what his worst stans love claiming.

No one claims he is doing it by himself, but he is carrying his team. Whenever Lebron goes to the bench Miami collapses. Just look at what happened in game 1 when Lebron went out with cramps. Just look at how well Lebron has to play for Miami to win.

NumberSix
06-10-2014, 06:16 PM
I don't. At most he accounts for 30-40% of his teams production. That still leaves the majority of the game (60-70%) out of his hands. He's just 1 player.

DonDadda59
06-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Where's Moe? Got a new project for him:

http://www.ahametals.com/wp-content/uploads/pokemon.jpg

Put Lelbron's face on Ash, Melo's face on Pikachu and change the title to Pokemon: Gotta Catch Em All, 2003 Draft Edition.

Darko Milicic... we comin for you, nigguh! :crazysam:

navy
06-10-2014, 06:23 PM
The problem with playing with melo is that they will need a new team to go to outside Miami and New York.

NumberSix
06-10-2014, 07:03 PM
The problem with playing with melo is that they will need a new team to go to outside Miami and New York.
Miami has a lot of players coming off the books and the big 3 can opt out and get new contracts. It can be done in Miami.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Melo to Miami?

don't see how those contracts would work unless they take paycuts.

rzp
06-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Miami has a lot of players coming off the books and the big 3 can opt out and get new contracts. It can be done in Miami.

Melo to Miami?

don't see how those contracts would work unless they take paycuts.

or just get rid of Wade...

SamuraiSWISH
06-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Remembering the day back when the best wanted to beat the best in competition to prove themselves, not excited to play with them, and mash inferior competition. Reaching embarrassing levels now. Play with them in the All Star Game, and Olympic games.

greymatter
06-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Wade 13m
Lebron 15m
Melo 15m
Bosh 17m
Cole's on rookie deal

Simply not realistic numbers. Next year's cap is ~63M, luxury tax threshold at 81M. 60M on 4 players and the remaining 11 to share 21M? Probably not happening.

The "big 4" would need to be somewhere closer to the 50-53M range for it be workable.

More realistic would be:

Wade 9M (especially since he'll only play 45-50 games)
Bosh 13M
Lebron 15M
Melo 13M

You're not going to have all your key role players taking vet minimums. More realistically they'll be closer to 3M/year. 50M on the top 4 players, about 25M on the last starter and 5 regular rotation players. And the league minimum for the remaining 5 who never play or are always on the injured reserve.

MavsSuperFan
06-10-2014, 08:38 PM
It doesn't really matter as a lifelong heat fan I will follow LeGod to whichever team He chooses to grace with this Talents

atljonesbro
06-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Melo in Atlanta is his absolute best fit. He'd be so successful in Atlanta. They'd be contenders to come out the East as long as he's there.