PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see how LeBron was frustrated with Kawhi Leonard tonight?

1987_Lakers
06-11-2014, 12:10 AM
You can just tell LeBron hates going up against that guy. Towards the end of the game I think I saw LeBron give him a little shove and he gave Kawhi a couple of looks throughout the game, think he was in his head a little.:oldlol:

tanner892
06-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Le1Dimensional

ProfessorMurder
06-11-2014, 12:24 AM
Nothing new...

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/lebronkawhi.gif

davehos
06-11-2014, 12:25 AM
All Kwahi does is reach... he ain't shit.

How you like that first quarter from Kwahi? Thought he was about to go for 40 then I guess he decided that it's not his time yet. He settled for 29/4/2/2 ... he ain't shit.

poido123
06-11-2014, 12:26 AM
This is the best defense I've seen from Kawhi so far on James.

The first two games he was getting beating off the dribble and letting Lebron do what he wants.

This game, he stayed in front of him more, had active hands and I think green and leonard's long arms forced a lot of trap turnovers on the heat.

After a great game like that, I find it hard to see Spurs replicating this game again.

imnew09
06-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Nothing new...

:biggums:

NASH = BEST
06-11-2014, 12:28 AM
Eh, LeBron shit all over Kawhi in game 2. I think today's game was just an aberration and fully expect LeBron to go HAM on that dude in game 4.

Collie
06-11-2014, 12:29 AM
Nothing new...

Shook AF! :oldlol:

Milbuck
06-11-2014, 12:29 AM
Nothing new...

The ****? Is that edited or did that actually happen?

ProfessorMurder
06-11-2014, 12:30 AM

That was last year in the finals. I laughed out loud when it happened.

Smook A.
LeKawhiGivesMeNightmares

LeFrustrated

LeAngry

LeScared

LeCramped

LeDefeated

LeFoiled

LeDiscouraged

LeStonewalled

LeFurious

LeEnraged

LeInvisible

LeGhost

LeDisappearedInThe2nd

LeGone

LeINeed3PointShooters

LeThankYouRashardAndRay

LeRaging

LeRiled

LeWheresMyFoul

LeLookAtTheRefEachTimeYouDontGetTheCallYouWantAndM akeACrybabyFace

1987_Lakers

Not edited, it's from last years Finals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkUxrM2m31s

zoom17
06-11-2014, 12:32 AM

you dumb **** he was bad he missed the free throw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkUxrM2m31s

The-Legend-24
http://i59.tinypic.com/ap7hp0.jpg

Milbuck
:facepalm Just checked out the video of it, that's kinda embarrassing. Dude was visibly shook at a 21 year old 2nd year player..

PickernRoller
Nikka dropped a career high on him in the Finals at his home turf.

Of course he was terrified.

Smook A.
06-11-2014, 12:33 AM

But he made the face and said "****" WHEN Leonard started running in.

DMV2
06-11-2014, 12:35 AM
He got lit up by Leonard and burned by Green on a few plays. Godawful D by LBJ tonight.

eliteballer
06-11-2014, 12:36 AM
You could see him talking trash too..

RedBlackAttack
Kawhi just doesn't seem to give a sh!t, and that's how you need to be when going up against a player like LeBron. The Lance Stephenson antics only work when you're actually better than the player you're doing it to.

I watched DeShawn Stevenson try the same BS as Lance with LeBron. If he knows you're more concerned with trying to get at him mentally than physically, he'll just run right through you.

Leonard has a nonchalance about him that James has probably never seen at this elite level. His body language doesn't change, whether he is playing against LeBron James or Alonzo Gee.

Because he approaches defending LeBron in that way instead of letting his emotions guide him, he never gets too high or too low. He's just steady... And I think that steadiness is something James isn't used to... not with a guy playing at that level.

ProfessorMurder
But he made the face and said "****" WHEN Leonard started running in.

Probably missed the free throw because he saw the reflection of Kawhi getting off the bench.

Warfan
06-11-2014, 12:37 AM
Pretty sure Bran was just pissed cause he missed a free throw, don't remember doe.

Anyway, Kawhi is an elite defender, he played LeBron tight and still managed to stay with him when he drove and even stop the drive a couple times too, forcing turnovers. Great job :applause: Reminded me of how Butler defended Lebron last playoffs

SCdac
06-11-2014, 12:40 AM
Kawhi just doesn't seem to give a sh!t, and that's how you need to be when going up against a player like LeBron. The Lance Stephenson antics only work when you're actually better than the player you're doing it to.

I watched DeShawn Stevenson try the same BS as Lance with LeBron. If he knows you're more concerned with trying to get at him mentally than physically, he'll just run right through you.

Leonard has a nonchalance about him that James has probably never seen at this elite level. His body language doesn't change, whether he is playing against LeBron James or Alonzo Gee.

Because he approaches defending LeBron in that way instead of letting his emotions guide him, he never gets too high or too low. He's just steady... And I think that steadiness is something James isn't used to... not with a guy playing at that level.

Well said. Kawhi just plays his game, Lebron or no Lebron. I do think Lebron faced some of that "steady, nonchalant, ass kicking" in Shawn Marion in the 2011 Finals too. Marion went into that series with years of experience and felt like he was just making plays he basically made his whole career in PHX (though he bounced around a bit before landing in Dallas). But agreed with Kawhi definitely.

1987_Lakers
06-11-2014, 12:40 AM

IDK, look how fast LeBron turned his head once he heard that buzzer, it looks like he was hoping it wasn't Leonard and was disappointed when he saw him.

poido123
06-11-2014, 12:41 AM
Pretty sure Bran was just pissed cause he missed a free throw, don't remember doe.

Anyway, Kawhi is an elite defender, he played LeBron tight and still managed to stay with him when he drove and even stop the drive a couple times too, forcing turnovers. Great job :applause: Reminded me of how Butler defended Lebron last playoffs

Good point.

Those two guys defend Lebron better than anybody.

Im so nba'd out
06-11-2014, 12:41 AM
The spurs are a way better defensive team vs lebron than the pacers...............Weather you put leonard or diaw or green on him.The team will still defend him good we all know leonard would get killed dead guarding lebron one on one with no teammates on the court so stop it with these theories on why leonard is bothering him ITS TEAM DEFENSE

RedBlackAttack
06-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Well said. Kawhi just plays his game, Lebron or no Lebron. I do think Lebron faced some of that "steady, nonchalant, ass kicking" in Shawn Marion in the 2011 Finals too. Marion went into that series with years of experience and felt like he was just making plays he basically made his whole career in PHX (though he bounced around a bit before landing in Dallas). But agreed with Kawhi definitely.
Good point about Marion and he probably deserves a lot more credit than he'll ever get for that series, but this Heat team is a lot better than that one, imo. They were still trying to figure things out with the hierarchy of the talents and there was no Ray Allen.

With the way Miami can spread the floor now with their shooters, Marian wouldn't be able to play the way he did in 2011 against LeBron. That's what makes the Spurs and Leonard so incredible to me. Not to say that they don't trap and occasionally bring help, but Kawhi is left to defend James on the perimeter by himself the majority of the time.

He's just a joy to watch.

Levity
06-11-2014, 01:01 AM
Probably missed the free throw because he saw the reflection of Kawhi getting off the bench.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

La Frescobaldi
06-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Good point.

Those two guys defend Lebron better than anybody.

Marion maybe was best at it, got to add him to that mix

Combat Wombat
06-11-2014, 01:08 AM
IDK, look how fast LeBron turned his head once he heard that buzzer, it looks like he was hoping it wasn't Leonard and was disappointed when he saw him.

zoom17 has an IQ in the low double digits so I'd pay little attention to what he has to say.

He's easily one of the most simple bandwagon fans.

Kingwillball
06-11-2014, 01:12 AM

Really we are talking about Kawi, nice role player had a career game will come back to earth next game while LEbron dominates.

thefatmiral
06-11-2014, 01:36 AM
first time watching the finals? welcome

Mrofir
06-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Really we are talking about Kawi, nice role player had a career game will come back to earth next game while LEbron dominates.

Nice role players don't often go 29-4-2-2-2 on the road in the nba finals against 2-time champions, matched up with the best player in the league.

Leonard deserves the hype -- he's a solid peak Shawn Marion type player who currently has a smaller role on a team with many smaller roles. Going to be an all-star.