PDA

View Full Version : Post your level-headed, reasonable 2014 NBA Finals Game 3 observations

insidehoops
06-11-2014, 12:16 AM
Spurs 111, Heat 92. Spurs take 2-1 NBA Finals lead.

Post your level-headed, reasonable Finals Game 3 observations here.

Marchesk
06-11-2014, 12:17 AM
Diaw should start rest of the series.

Smook A.
Agree

Akrazotile
Heat in 5.

Mr. Jabbar
06-11-2014, 12:18 AM
Leonard is the face of the spurs in the years to come. Having a shitty game 2 was the needed spark.

DFish24
Bran miserably failed the eye test.

ZeN
Dick Bavetta is such a potato face.

PickernRoller
06-11-2014, 12:19 AM
Boris "I clamp on Lebron" Diaw is Spurs MVP.

Kidbasketball20
When the going gets tough, LeBron goes back to his passive ways. He's just not ever gonna be the greatest of all time.

Real14
Kawhi should keep on playing aggressive like he is and dominate Lebron every chance he get. If he succeed on this notion then the spurs will surprisingly win this years title.

Legends66NBA7
06-11-2014, 12:20 AM

He should have started the series from Game 1.

PizzamanIRL
06-11-2014, 12:20 AM
Post your level-headed, reasonable Finals Game 3 observations here.

That's asking a lot from a forum filled with narrow minded weirdos.

tanner892
06-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Mark Jackson needs to go

iTare
going to 7.

sd3035
Leonard destroyed Lebron

RedBlackAttack
All this talk about Mario Chalmers... you don't bench a major rotational piece at this point in the season. Norris Cole probably isn't capable of contributing over 25 meaningful minutes in a playoff series, especially against a team like the Spurs that comes at you in waves. Eventually, he'll end up slowing down a step and getting tooled badly.

Like it or not, the Heat are going to have to live and die with Chalmers on the floor for at least 20 minutes a night. You can't have an All-Star at every position.

Mr. Jabbar
06-11-2014, 12:22 AM

agreed.

ProfessorMurder
06-11-2014, 12:22 AM
You can't have an All-Star at every position.

Don't tell that to Bran or he'll leave.

Marchesk
06-11-2014, 12:23 AM
The league should implement everything Jeff Van Gundy says.

Mr. Jabbar
06-11-2014, 12:23 AM

you just wait for the decision 2.0 :roll:

1987_Lakers
06-11-2014, 12:24 AM
San Antonio - When they move the ball like they did in the first half, nobody is stopping this team, the problem is they go on stretches when the offense doesn't look as fluid. Leonard was today's best player, dude showed his potential. Still don't know why Bonner was in the game for 10 minutes, I was scratching my head when I saw him on the court.

Miami - Chalmers looks awful right now, he needs to step it up, his confidence is shaken. LeBron had a good game, but you can tell he was bothered by how well Leonard was playing tonight.

JimmyMcAdocious
They should run more sets through Diaw. He always makes ridiculous passes that get the defense on their heels, and then the normal Pop offense extra pass stuff and the Spurs end up with a wide open layup or shot because of Diaw's initial pass. He and Ginobili kill teams with their vision.

DCL
basketball can be x-rated. children should not watch prison butt rape on tv.

Smook A.
06-11-2014, 12:25 AM
I really hope Kawhi Leonard carries his great Game 3 performance to Game 4.

stalkerforlife
06-11-2014, 12:26 AM
The game was within striking distance and Bron was nowhere to be found. That was his time. Instead, he deferred. Wade stepped up in the second half. Bron didn't.

ZeN
you just wait for the decision 2.0 :roll:
LeRecruiter already trying to Melo to Miami since he need mo help it seems...

DMV2
I'm liking the Spurs chances a lot better this time because a couple of players deserving of the F-MVP, Duncan and Leonard. KL needs another game like tonight and another decent one and it'd be good enough as long as SAS wins series. Duncan's having a good series average to be deserving, plus he was good in the first two games.

Miami obvious lives and die via LeBron. Can't count him out, especially when he knows his legacy would get an extreme boost with a 3-peat.

Still a close-to-call series.

Real14
06-11-2014, 12:27 AM
basketball can be x-rated. children should not watch prison butt rape on tv.
it was worse, it was more like bestiality :lol

poido123
06-11-2014, 12:30 AM
First half was incredible.

Spurs moved the ball, green and leonard were going nuts at both ends with active hands and good offense.

Second half the whistles started blowing early and Heat started to make a run at the Spurs. The crowd started getting right into it, but then the Spurs held their composure and saw off the run and never looked back.

I thought the reffing was bad in the second half only.

Spurs got jobbed in the 3rd quarter with no calls and phantom fouls, while the heat had a few bad ones in the 4th, however nothing like the 3rd quarter..

That's how i saw it.

Relinquish
06-11-2014, 12:31 AM

:oldlol:

DMV2
06-11-2014, 12:31 AM
San Antonio - When they move the ball like they did in the first half, nobody is stopping this team, the problem is they go on stretches when the offense doesn't look as fluid. Leonard was today's best player, dude showed his potential. Still don't know why Bonner was in the game for 10 minutes, I was scratching my head when I saw him on the court.

Miami - Chalmers looks awful right now, he needs to step it up, his confidence is shaken. LeBron had a good game, but you can tell he was bothered by how well Leonard was playing tonight.
Oh God, no. His offensive numbers were good enough for a "good game." But if we can see how many points were scored on him, we'd see how bad of a game he actually had. Only thing we can look at are his turnovers. For his 22 points, he must have given up twice as much to Leonard and Green.

Wade was the only Heat who really showed up tonight.

That said, I won't be surprise if LeBron have an epic Game 4. He seems to always bounce back after a bad game the last couple of seasons.

NASH = BEST
06-11-2014, 12:32 AM
Great game by the Spurs, I think each team will now hold serve at home till game 7.

Then all bets are off!

Jameerthefear
06-11-2014, 12:33 AM
Splitter is a very good contributor off the bench.

6 for 24
06-11-2014, 12:33 AM

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/297518-1/New+Laker+teammates+Steve+Nash+Dwight+Howard+Metta +World+Peace+Kobe+Bryant+and+Pau+Gasol.JPG

Are you forgetting Your World Champion Los Angeles Lakers?

aj1987
06-11-2014, 12:35 AM
6 points 5 tov's in the 2nd half by LeBron.

tpols
06-11-2014, 12:36 AM
Spurs bench > their starting unit

Kingwillball
06-11-2014, 12:36 AM
My observations Heat came out not with championship Defense and Spurs jumped on them. The refs gave the Spurs some soft calls to get easy Ft's get Kawi off to great start. Chalmers has been Awful and Bosh was not much of a factor. Lebron played passive and sloppy. All in all Spurs deserved to win.

La Frescobaldi
06-11-2014, 12:39 AM
I've been braggin pretty hard on Leonard here on Ish these past couple weeks and catching a lot of ...... eh hmm..... heat for it. That young dude really showed up.
Once again that old man Fresco with a prediction~~ we're going to see a lot of great things from that player in the future

Bonner was a severe disruption in the key at times. Didn't realize he was that physically strong. He didn't have impact on the stat sheet but he was weirding out the Heat's offense somehow. He looks like some kind of goofball but it's a real effective off-ball goofball style.

Anybody's going to win when you're shelling the hoop from anywhere on the court like that but the Spurs defense was the real thing and that's what the difference was to me

I'd like to watch a rewind of that game.

leopoldstotch
06-11-2014, 12:40 AM

Not too pleased with Bonner's game, but he gives the Spurs excellent spacing on the floor when they are on offense. Keeps the Heat defense honest on him, because they know he is a pretty good 3 point shooter. he's ok on defense.

leopoldstotch
06-11-2014, 12:42 AM
as for the Heat side, Rashard Lewis is scaring me. If he continues to knock down those corner 3's, this may force the Spurs to make some adjustments.

Dro
06-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Copied from the other thread......

I dunno, to me it shows me he(Lebron) doesn't have the offensive arsenal of other greats...Like, he doesn't have one move to go to where he feels like, "ok, I know I can score on this move every time". When he gets the ball, half the he passes it and hopes to get it back and catch his man with a quick first steps...He just doesn't have the type of handles and 1 on 1 game that an MJ or a Kobe has. Its like when he dominates, he's kind of doing in the flow of the game still...He's not exactly DOMINATING like when you saw MJ score 63 or even Kobe's huge outbursts.......I dunno, he's a team first player too....

no pun intended
06-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Boris "I clamp on Lebron" Diaw is Spurs MVP.
I thought Leonard has been doing a much better job on clamping down on LeBron than Diaw did this series.

tpols
06-11-2014, 12:46 AM

I dunno, to me it shows me he(Lebron) doesn't have the offensive arsenal of other greats...Like, he doesn't have one move to go to where he feels like, "ok, I know I can score on this move every time". When he gets the ball, half the he passes it and hopes to get it back and catch his man with a quick first steps...He just doesn't have the type of handles and 1 on 1 game that an MJ or a Kobe has. Its like when he dominates, he's kind of doing in the flow of the game still...He's not exactly DOMINATING like when you saw MJ score 63 or even Kobe's huge outbursts.......I dunno, he's a team first player too....

Hes a flow of the game player.. a few stats here, a few stats there.

PsychoBe
06-11-2014, 12:47 AM
glad to see that the forum didn't crash for once great job by jeff :applause:

also great win for the spurs

Springsteen
06-11-2014, 12:47 AM
The Spurs would've been up 3-0 if Leonard didn't get called for ticky-tacky fouls in Game 2.

Springsteen
06-11-2014, 12:49 AM
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/297518-1/New+Laker+teammates+Steve+Nash+Dwight+Howard+Metta +World+Peace+Kobe+Bryant+and+Pau+Gasol.JPG

Are you forgetting Your World Champion Los Angeles Lakers?

I still see pictures of these 5 and think "how the hell DIDN'T this work out?".

Obviously I know all the reasons why, but still.

no pun intended
06-11-2014, 12:53 AM

Agreed. The thing about LeBron is that he only has two dependable moves: driving in and pulling up for a jumper. Although the latter is the lesser of two evils, LeBron has been able to excel at it due to the space the defender gives him. This is what separates LeBron's offense from that of MJ and Kobe's. Defenders hardly gave any space to MJ and Kobe because they were both extremely potent at the mid-range jumper; therefore the two had depend on posting up for turnaround jumpers and fadeaways. LeBron hasn't worked on these moves because he doesn't need to in order to dominate. But when the defense plays the Carlisle-type zone on him, this places massive restrictions on what LeBron could do. This is why LeBron needs to work on his post game to avoid these types of situation, and he knows that for himself too.

the mesiah
06-11-2014, 12:55 AM
20-turnovers for the Heat
4-fast break points for the heat
Both these numbers in game 4 will change in opposite directions .

KevinNYC
06-11-2014, 12:57 AM
He's not exactly DOMINATING like when you saw MJ score 63

MJ lost that game.

The Spurs slowed down a lot in the second half.

Lebron had a lot of turnovers.

Can the Spurs rely on Leonard and Green having unbelievable first halves?

Im Still Ballin
06-11-2014, 01:03 AM
Geoff

Real14
06-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Michael Jordan's thoughts on Lebron and tonight's game.....

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/12/122165/2574831-8798349651-mj-la.gif

tpols
06-11-2014, 01:05 AM
MJ lost that game.

Leonard scored 0 points last game in the first half and spurs were up.. they have like 8 guys who can potentially go off..

RedBlackAttack
06-11-2014, 01:14 AM
MJ lost that game.

I think this argument misses what is so special about the Spurs. No, it doesn't have to be Leonard and Green in the next game. Maybe it'll be Patty Mills and Tiago Splitter. Or, maybe Parker, Ginobili and Duncan totally dominate one of the final four games. Or, maybe Boris Diaw pulls off a 12 point/12 assist game where he controls the flow for large portions.

You just don't know who is going to step up for San Antonio, and that is precisely what makes them so difficult to defend.

At this point, Leonard and Green knocking down a bunch of jumpers and playing stellar defense can't be a surprise to anyone... that's pretty much what they do in the playoffs.

Also, those James turnovers were created (1) by an awesome Spurs team/gameplan and (2) James and his team having to climb uphill all night long. That will wear on you. That's why you'll often see two teams look really close at the start of a series, and by games 5, 6 and 7, one looks far superior.

If you're constantly playing from behind, you're going to get worn down really quickly. Let's not forget that the Spurs had a double-digit lead in the second quarter of last game before getting uncharacteristically sloppy (much due to Miami's pressure D).

This Spurs team is scary.

Keno
06-11-2014, 01:16 AM
spurs had a fluky ass shooting half that won't ever happen again. and the refs helped the spurs for the 3rd straight game. heat in 6.

Mrofir
06-11-2014, 01:18 AM
Heat in 5.

:oldlol:

no pun intended
spurs had a fluky ass shooting half that won't ever happen again. and the refs helped the spurs for the 3rd straight game. heat in 6.
Didn't some say the Spurs Game 1 4th quarter was a fluke as well? How many flukes are we going to go with until it's the reality of how good San Antonio is? They've done this shit many times this season already where they go on streaky shooting streaks. Nothing new.

La Frescobaldi
I think this argument misses what is so special about the Spurs. No, it doesn't have to be Leonard and Green in the next game. Maybe it'll be Patty Mills and Tiago Splitter. Or, maybe Parker, Ginobili and Duncan totally dominate one of the final four games. Or, maybe Boris Diaw pulls off a 12 point/12 assist game where he controls the flow for large portions.

You just don't know who is going to step up for San Antonio, and that is precisely what makes them so difficult to defend.

At this point, Leonard and Green knocking down a bunch of jumpers and playing stellar defense can't be a surprise to anyone... that's pretty much what they do in the playoffs.

Also, those James turnovers were created (1) by an awesome Spurs team/gameplan and (2) James and his team having to climb uphill all night long. That will wear on you. That's why you'll often see two teams look really close at the start of a series, and by games 5, 6 and 7, one looks far superior.

If you're constantly playing from behind, you're going to get worn down really quickly. Let's not forget that the Spurs had a double-digit lead in the second quarter of last game before getting uncharacteristically sloppy (much due to Miami's pressure D).

This Spurs team is scary.
They are one of the great teams no doubt.
This will go down as one of the Great Finals to me because both these teams are just awesome!!

Mrofir
06-11-2014, 01:20 AM
as for the Heat side, Rashard Lewis is scaring me. If he continues to knock down those corner 3's, this may force the Spurs to make some adjustments.

Rashard Lewis is a defensive liability for the Heat, him making 3s just makes it more difficult to make a decision about who should be on the court

leopoldstotch
06-11-2014, 01:21 AM
This "fluke" has happened in 3 quarters out of 12 (game 1 4th quarter, game 2 3rd quarter, game 3 end 1st/beginning 2nd). In the beginning we can say it's a fluke. happens 3 times? We can congratulate the Spurs on great passing, but there were multiple times the Heat failed to execute defensively. Spurs were driving in the paint at will.

Mrofir
06-11-2014, 01:21 AM

heat in 6 means after what you saw tonight, you think the heat are going to win 3 in a row. I'm not saying it's impossible, but at this point it seems like if the Heat are going to win the series it's going to have to be in 7

leopoldstotch
06-11-2014, 01:23 AM
Rashard Lewis is a defensive liability for the Heat, him making 3s just makes it more difficult to make a decision about who should be on the court

this plus when the Heat had 0 point guards playing (allen/wade/bron/lewis/andersen or bosh), the heat looked just odd. Spo has to do something with this team in game 4.

this may go the same direction as last year. game 4 wade and bron had superb games to bring the series back.

RedBlackAttack
06-11-2014, 01:25 AM
You obviously haven't watched much of the Spurs this season. It's much more of a fluke when they have a 15-20 point quarter than a 35-40 pointer.

This isn't Indiana you're dealing with, here. The Spurs are great enough to limit your offense while also destroying your defense. I wouldn't want to be facing them right now.

It feels like one of the best teams I've ever seen. We'll see how the rest of the series plays out. If they continue what they've done the first three games and -- really -- throughout the whole season, this is an all-time great team.

Droid101
06-11-2014, 01:26 AM
heat in 6 means after what you saw tonight, you think the heat are going to win 3 in a row. I'm not saying it's impossible, but at this point it seems like if the Heat are going to win the series it's going to have to be in 7
Why even quote or respond to that idiot?

At the beginning, he said Heat in 5.

After game 1, Heat in 5.

After game 2, Heat in 5.

After game 3, Heat in 6.

After every game, "REFS ARE RIGGING FOR SPURS"

It's pointless even acknowledging him.

La Frescobaldi
06-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Didn't some say the Spurs Game 1 4th quarter was a fluke as well? How many flukes are we going to go with until it's the reality of how good San Antonio is? They've done this shit many times this season already where they go on streaky shooting streaks. Nothing new.

it's so often that it ain't even fluke or streaky. that's just how it is.

I mean look at all the threats they have. They can just take turns destroying defenses, inside, post game, mid-range, drive and dish, outside bombing runs.... but what does it, really, is the constant passing and the constant movement and that devastating court vision of Manu Ginobili.

Ginobili has the eyes of a basilisk; where ever he gazes everything bursts into flame.

poido123
06-11-2014, 01:28 AM
You obviously haven't watched much of the Spurs this season. It's much more of a fluke when they have a 15-20 point quarter than a 35-40 pointer.

This isn't Indiana you're dealing with, here. The Spurs are great enough to limit your offense while also destroying your defense. I wouldn't want to be facing them right now.

It feels like one of the best teams I've ever seen. We'll see how the rest of the series plays out. If they continue what they've done the first three games and -- really -- throughout the whole season, this is an all-time great team.

I started to doubt their greatness after that game 2 loss, thought maybe they were outmatched by a heat team led by the best player in the game and swarming defense.

But then I watch game 3 and particularly the first half. Now I believe anything is possible and witnessed a truly special team.

Not sure HOW great, but a team that puts up the best half in NBA playoff history? Has to count for something.

thefatmiral
06-11-2014, 01:29 AM
Danny defense is underrated. he's like a Less aggressive Bowen

Droid101
06-11-2014, 01:30 AM
He's aggressive and quick but not big enough to guard LeBron in the post. LeBron should be posting him every time up the floor.

Mrofir
06-11-2014, 01:35 AM

I think the spurs can roughly count on Green to defend Wade and Leonard to defend Lebron, as well as can reasonably be expected. If both of them stay out of foul trouble in the same game, the Heat are in trouble.

La Frescobaldi
06-11-2014, 01:44 AM
He's aggressive and quick but not big enough to guard LeBron in the post. LeBron should be posting him every time up the floor.

If he does that more than 2 or 3 times Parker and Ginobili will eat LeBron alive with steals.
He has never had a post game that can be displayed against experienced quickness and hands of thieves coming from the ball side. Spurs Iso rotations are far too strong. Dirk can pull that off against San Antonio, but not James.

Purch
06-11-2014, 01:44 AM
People do realize he was second among guards in defensive rating this season right? Only behind Paul George if I remember correctly.

I read the Spurs board, and for most of the season they've been saying that Green is their best perimeter defender.

Kawai gets all the credit in this regard, but to be honest they've had the best perimeter defensive duo in the league all season, with two perimeter defenders in the top 16 in defensive rating all season

JimmyMcAdocious
06-11-2014, 01:54 AM
Green's been pretty underrated for a few seasons now. I remember him grading out as one of the best d/3 players in the league for the past 3 seasons.

He's kind of weird in that he's not overly athletic and he doesn't move his feet as well as you want. Nor he is strong enough to wall the offensive player into the help defense most of the time. But his reaching is insane Like his timing and accuracy is incredible. I remember that play in the Finals last year where he cleanly stripped LeBron on one of LeBron's patent fastbreaks which almost no one stops. And he's probably a top 3 or 5 shot blocking SG in the NBA. Looking at ESPN's stats, he led the league at bpg for SGs by a good margin (.9 to Giannis' .79 and then Butler at .54). Led the league in 2013 and second in 2012. And he's doing it in ~20 mpg.

Too bad his handle is weak. Nice role player and unusual player. Props to Pop for finding a niche for him. He probably wouldn't be in the NBA if it weren't for the Spurs. Now it looks like he could be a role player on any team.

Droid101
06-11-2014, 01:56 AM
If he does that more than 2 or 3 times Parker and Ginobili will eat LeBron alive with steals.
He has never had a post game that can be displayed against experienced quickness and hands of thieves coming from the ball side. Spurs Iso rotations are far too strong. Dirk can pull that off against San Antonio, but not James.
If he's the "goat" like all his fans like to say, he should be able to pull it off.

I have no opinion other than that.

La Frescobaldi
06-11-2014, 02:04 AM
If he's the "goat" like all his fans like to say, he should be able to pull it off.

I have no opinion other than that.

yes

All Net
06-11-2014, 02:42 AM
Nuts how great Spurs shoot the ball from deep. Heat really need their D. Their offense isn't the issue.

aj1987
06-11-2014, 03:02 AM
The first half really demolished the Heat. That's an understatement as well. 71 first half points on near 90% shooting. They regresses a lot in the 2nd half though. 40 points. If only the Heat was able to keep up with them. Too many stupid TOV's, which led to points. Overcommitting (again, I've been saying this since day 1) on players who don't deserve that kind of defensive attention. Miami should've tried to put them in a position to take bad shots. Not trying to force TOV's. That's a stupid strategy against this Spurs team.

LeBron. Dude is extremely frustrating to watch. Was pretty good in G1 (minus the cramps), terrific in G2, and downright terrible after the first quarter in G3. 6 points and 5 TOV's in the 3rd and 4th? Dude should just say **** it and start to chuck up shots.

Mario Chalmers. This mother****er needs to test positive for drugs or some shit. Tried to "take over" the game and missed a couple of shots, leading to SAS points in the 4th. Dumb TOV's and fouls. Dude is legit retarded. He should be reminded that he's a scrub, not a star player. Had a TOV as soon as he entered the game in the 4th.

tpols
06-11-2014, 03:11 AM
The first half really demolished the Heat. That's an understatement as well. 71 first half points on near 90% shooting. They regresses a lot in the 2nd half though. 40 points. If only the Heat was able to keep up with them. Too many stupid TOV's, which led to points. Overcommitting (again, I've been saying this since day 1) on players who don't deserve that kind of defensive attention. Miami should've tried to put them in a position to take bad shots. Not trying to force TOV's. That's a stupid strategy against this Spurs team.

LeBron. Dude is extremely frustrating to watch. Was pretty good in G1 (minus the cramps), terrific in G2, and downright terrible after the first quarter in G3. 6 points and 5 TOV's in the 3rd and 4th? Dude should just say **** it and start to chuck up shots.

Mario Chalmers. This mother****er needs to test positive for drugs or some shit. Tried to "take over" the game and missed a couple of shots, leading to SAS points in the 4th. Dumb TOV's and fouls. Dude is legit retarded. He should be reminded that he's a scrub, not a star player. Had a TOV as soon as he entered the game in the 4th.

I feel like after a good performance lebron becomes statisfied with himself and doesnt have the same aggressiveness. After everyone called him out after game 1 he went off with his shooting.. almost in revenge for last year too. He needs people to hate to get his motivation up.

He will surely respond next game.. this stuff is too predictable. I wish I had a reliable website to place bets on

coin24
06-11-2014, 03:13 AM
LeShit about to be 2/5 in the finals:lol :lol

ImKobe
06-11-2014, 04:20 AM
Leonard needs to stay out of foul trouble in order for the Spurs to win this series. He's also th

R.I.P.
06-11-2014, 04:37 AM
http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1425/14251903/2543749-1361589542722.gif

If this picture appears to be distorted please make sure are properly hydrated and check your air conditioning system.

Living Being
06-11-2014, 05:07 AM
So glad the Spurs didn't choke this one away. Heat came back to within 7 pts.

Hopefully the Spurs continue to beat the Heat with their superior execution.

Jyap9675
06-11-2014, 05:22 AM
Worried about Lewis finding his groove, I think Spurs will continue to let him shoot those threes rather than letting Lebron drive in the pick and roll.

Big#50
06-11-2014, 06:03 AM
Parker kills the offense. Manu is still going to play for The Heat. If the refs let Green and Leonard play defense the Spurs are unbeatable. Theyll be in foul trouble by the 7 minute mark in the first quarter on Thursday.

305Baller
06-11-2014, 06:05 AM
LeBron tired out after his burst in the 3rd. The Heat needed more LeBron to climb that hole they got inside of.

Grinder
06-11-2014, 08:41 AM
A few things that caught my eye:

- Danny Green finding a way to be effective when run off the 3 point line threw a wrench into Miami's defensive schemes. Part of the reason they were able to disrupt San Antonio's offense so much in Game 2 was when they closed out hard on the shooters, the shooter would hesitate and get caught in no man's land or fail to convert on an awkward mid range attempt.

- Leonard's aggression was a welcome surprise but he's not going to hit 3s like he was last night. His stellar play on offense however, caused his defensive intensity to go up a notch and he was getting his hands on everything and forcing loose balls and turnovers.

- The ball movement stagnated for periods of the game when Parker tried to force p'n'r after p'n'r. That play is deadly against a lot of teams but not the case against a Miami team that is filled with good p'n'r defenders that can shoot gaps and force easy turnovers. The ball movement and offense flowed better when Mills and Ginobili had the reigns and also forces the Heat's defense to spread out because of the perimeter threat. Having Parker out there with Ginobili appears to be a better combo than Parker and Green.

Derka
06-11-2014, 09:10 AM
Turnovers and one of the sorest defensive efforts I've ever seen from those Heat players decided this one. Heat gave this one away from the jump.

I'm convinced Ray Allen will hit age 40 and still be able to do what he does on the minutes he gets. Dude has cyborg implants or some shit.

Frozen1
06-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Spo should have started the 4th quarter with lebron, wade and bosh on the floor.

aj1987
06-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Spo should have started the 4th quarter with lebron, wade and bosh on the floor.
This is why he'll never be an elite coach. His rotations are ****ed up. LeBron played only 40 minutes. It's the finals. There's no point in resting him now. Let him play 43 to 45 minutes. Wade should get 40 minutes as well.

Cactus-Sack
06-11-2014, 11:37 AM
I've been braggin pretty hard on Leonard here on Ish these past couple weeks and catching a lot of ...... eh hmm..... heat for it. That young dude really showed up.
Once again that old man Fresco with a prediction~~ we're going to see a lot of great things from that player in the future

Bonner was a severe disruption in the key at times. Didn't realize he was that physically strong. He didn't have impact on the stat sheet but he was weirding out the Heat's offense somehow. He looks like some kind of goofball but it's a real effective off-ball goofball style.

Anybody's going to win when you're shelling the hoop from anywhere on the court like that but the Spurs defense was the real thing and that's what the difference was to me

I'd like to watch a rewind of that game.

They don't call him the king of +/- for nothing. BonBon will routinely get boxscores of: 8mins, 0points, 0rebounds, 0blocks, 0assists, 0steals, 0fouls, +15

Grinder
06-11-2014, 11:41 AM
They don't call him the king of +/- for nothing. BonBon will routinely get boxscores of: 8mins, 0points, 0rebounds, 0blocks, 0assists, 0steals, 0fouls, +15

Teams go out of their way to try to isolate him and it kills their offensive rhythm. Bonner is also quicker on his feet, a better team defender and more physical on the boards than he's given credit for.

kureyşi-gospurs
06-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Spurs won and will finish off heat in 5

aj1987
06-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Spurs won and will finish off heat in 5
Don't see the Spurs winning another 2 in a row. Will definitely go to 6.

All Net
06-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Be shocked if Miami drop both at home.

Real14
06-11-2014, 01:05 PM
all depends on LeBron's choking.

Cactus-Sack
06-11-2014, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=ImKobe]Leonard needs to stay out of foul trouble in order for the Spurs to win this series. [B]He's also th

aj1987
06-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Wouldn't be surprised. The only way Miami can win this series is if they win the next 3, which is impossible. I don't see Miami winning a game 7 in SA. This game was a must win.

Also, can you ban Real14 and a aboss4real? They're both obviously Fresh Kid.

EDIT: NVM, forgot that mods can't ban posters here.

1. Spo needs to bench Chalmers.
2. Miami needs to stop trapping the Spurs. Their ball movement is incredible. The moment a player is open, they hit him and he drains a 3.
3. LeBron and Wade MUST play 40+ minutes.
4. LeBron and Wade should keep attacking the basket and LeBron should stop changing his aggressiveness from Q to Q.
5. LeBron should just start chucking. Go into MJ/Kobe mode. Trying to be a facilitator won't help Miami.

f0und
06-11-2014, 01:12 PM
bron had a great 1st qtr

spurs had a historic 1st half

wade had a horrible 1st half

leonard played the game of his life

wade leads a comeback in the 3rd

bron comes in and plays a horrible 2nd half

momentum loses steam

heat lose game

Cactus-Sack
06-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Teams go out of their way to try to isolate him and it kills their offensive rhythm. Bonner is also quicker on his feet, a better team defender and more physical on the boards than he's given credit for.

As a Spurs fan I'm often disgusted by the hatred my fellow Spurs fans show for Matty. I love the way he plays and even at his age he's still committed to improvement. A few seasons ago he added a "pump fake, drive, floater" manoeuvre to his arsenal. It looks retarded, but it's reasonably effective. His defence on Durant last series was also surprisingly good.

Cactus-Sack
06-11-2014, 01:15 PM
My thoughts:

LeBron was horrible.

Leonards dick must be enormous.

TheMan
06-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Wouldn't be surprised. The only way Miami can win this series is if they win the next 3, which is impossible. I don't see Miami winning a game 7 in SA. This game was a must win.

Also, can you ban Real14 and a aboss4real? They're both obviously Fresh Kid.

EDIT: NVM, forgot that mods can't ban posters here.

1. Spo needs to bench Chalmers.
2. Miami needs to stop trapping the Spurs. Their ball movement is incredible. The moment a player is open, they hit him and he drains a 3.
3. LeBron and Wade MUST play 40+ minutes.
4. LeBron and Wade should keep attacking the basket and LeBron should stop changing his aggressiveness from Q to Q.
5. LeBron should just start chucking. Go into MJ/Kobe mode. Trying to be a facilitator won't help Miami.
I agree with a lot of your points but maybe Bron is running out of gas and can't bring it on both ends. He's played an insane amount of minutes these past four years. The Spurs with their excellent passing offense and deep team were the absolute worst matchup for Miami. The Spurs seem to be on a mission, Gm 4 will be a hard one to get for Miami.

aj1987
06-11-2014, 01:42 PM
I agree with a lot of your points but maybe Bron is running out of gas and can't bring it on both ends. He's played an insane amount of minutes these past four years. The Spurs with their excellent passing offense and deep team were the absolute worst matchup for Miami. The Spurs seem to be on a mission, Gm 4 will be a hard one to get for Miami.
There's 3-4 games left in the series. He needs to man up and play. No excuses.

Another thing about the game was, there was too much iso ball being played by Miami. LeBron was running down the clock without even trying to pass it or score. That needs to stop. Keep passing the ball and try to get the best shot possible, instead of relying on the stars to do everything. Even if he doesn't pass it, he needs to figure out what to do or how to score before much quicker.

pegasus
06-11-2014, 01:52 PM
- The ball movement stagnated for periods of the game when Parker tried to force p'n'r after p'n'r. That play is deadly against a lot of teams but not the case against a Miami team that is filled with good p'n'r defenders that can shoot gaps and force easy turnovers. The ball movement and offense flowed better when Mills and Ginobili had the reigns and also forces the Heat's defense to spread out because of the perimeter threat. Having Parker out there with Ginobili appears to be a better combo than Parker and Green.

That scares me too. I think Parker is the only player who doesn't completely buy into Pop's team play. He wants to get his stats and the FMVP, and that desire will only get stronger as they get closer to the finish line. Pop might have to bench him with a fake injury again.

Cactus-Sack
06-11-2014, 02:01 PM
That scares me too. I think Parker is the only player who doesn't completely buy into Pop's team play. He wants to get his stats and the FMVP, and that desire will only get stronger as they get closer to the finish line. Pop might have to bench him with a fake injury again.

:facepalm

Dumb post. Parker buys into it 100%. His role is to be aggressive and look for his own shot, in-order to create opportunities for others. Danny Green can't get his own shot, neither can Splitter or really Leonard, their opportunities come from Tony's aggression.

ProfessorMurder
06-11-2014, 03:13 PM
My thoughts:

LeBron was horrible.

Leonards dick must be enormous.

Not thoughts, facts.

Teanett
06-11-2014, 03:45 PM
heat should put norris cole in more and try to pick up the ball handler quicker.
the spurs get into their offense too easy with too much time on the shot clock.

NumberSix
06-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Gave up too many points in the first quarter. That's about it.

aj1987
06-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Gave up too many points in the first quarter. That's about it.
71 points in the first half and 40 in the second.

Legends66NBA7
06-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Heat committed 20 turnovers too. Just compounded the problem with their bad defense.

GODbe
06-11-2014, 07:31 PM
LeBald got shted on by Leonard.

Spo needs to switch up LeBald with Beasley everytime he starts playing hide and seek in the corner. Beasley doesn't care about FG% and he's a better player in the 4th. LeBald really might cost Bosh a FMVP just like Wade in 2011. :facepalm

jrong
06-11-2014, 09:11 PM
In case you put any stock into point margins, the Spurs are +32 through 3 games.

rmt
06-11-2014, 10:26 PM

Truer words have never been spoken. the pic and roll with Parker which is the spurs' bread and butter during the regular season doesnt work against an excellect pik and roll defending team like the heat. they are determined that parker is not going to beat them in the paint. unfortunately parkers passing is not as good as manus who when they double him, manu makes them pay see splitter scoring or getting fouled over and over. when parker is doubled, he just passes off to another player. patkers dribbling stops the excellent ball movement of the spurs.

imo, this is why pop was praising tp for his leadership in game 3 - for accepting that hes not going to score much or eventually win fmvp. i feel that last year parker was gunning for fmvp in game 6 and reverted to selfish ball hogging play and contributing to the loss. we'll see if as the games go on, he resists that desire. i suspect he will -the loss last year was a bitter pill to swallow and they must all secure the win and let fmvp fall where it will. must be hard for him after leading the spurs offensively for the past few years but thats how it goes when an opponent decides what theyre willing to give up and what theyre willing to live with.

Graviton
06-12-2014, 02:10 AM
The scariest thing is the fact these Spurs aren't going cold. Their ball movement is so amazing that they ALWAYS get wide open shots every game, make or miss the opportunities are always there. So one night they may not get hot from 3 but they will punish you in the paint, next game they can't score inside but rain 3s. They have so many options.

Miami's aggressive defense also plays right into their hands, they double so often that they always leave someone open. And with Diaw, Manu, Duncan on the floor you can't leave people open since they are all elite playmakers.

For Miami to beat them 3 more times they have to start respecting these "scrubs". Every role player on the Spurs has the confidence and Pop's trust to shoot, they will keep moving the ball and hitting open shots. Heat have to rotate faster and cover the 3 point line, stop being so lazy on D. Play hard every quarter, wear them down so they can't get into a rhythm offensively.