PDA

View Full Version : if this performance continue and spurs win, would you give FMVP to kahwi over duncan?

VIntageNOvel
06-11-2014, 02:37 AM
even though duncan most likely will have a better stat,

but looking at how they lost when kahwi was in foul trouble,
you cant deny his impact

thought?

Mr. Jabbar
06-11-2014, 02:37 AM
i'd make an exception and give it to pop

JUDGE WITNESS
06-11-2014, 02:39 AM
unless he goes on a godlike string of games they wont give him the fmvp over timmy

Akrazotile
06-11-2014, 02:39 AM
FMVP is such a dumb award. MVP of a series that goes between 4 and 7 games? You could literally have a different most impactful guy each night.

Especially to try and name one on a team like the Spurs, its antithetical to what theyre about. FMVP trophy is a waste of metal.

pastis
06-11-2014, 02:40 AM
wait, why does duncan earn a fmvp so far:wtf: :no: :no:

VIntageNOvel
06-11-2014, 02:45 AM

better stat, more consistent
people would look into the score sheet and be like OMG duncan 22/10 on 59% FG >> kahwi 18/5 on 50% FG

i mean if memphis beat okc, whos those series mvp? obviously allen, but they would find a way to give it to z bo because of better stat

personally for me, if kahwi can lockdown/limit bran's production until the end, i dont really care if he's averaging 10 points, you gotta hand the award to him

KG215
06-11-2014, 02:47 AM
Because, overall, he's been the Spurs best player through the first three games. It's not really a hard concept to grasp.

KG215
06-11-2014, 02:49 AM
FMVP is such a dumb award. MVP of a series that goes between 4 and 7 games? You could literally have a different most impactful guy each night.

Especially to try and name one on a team like the Spurs, its antithetical to what theyre about. FMVP trophy is a waste of metal.
Which was essentially the case for the Spurs in last year's Finals. Duncan would've won it after his monster game 6 if they had won, but through the first five games there was seemingly a different player who stepped up and was the Spurs best player in that particular game.

imnew09
06-11-2014, 02:53 AM
Duncan has been the most consistent player and the defensive anchor on the Spurs team in the last 3 games.

konex
06-11-2014, 02:53 AM
Duncan has done shit for 2 games now. However, I don't think Spurs can win with out him getting a few more 20/10 games

FMVP is such a dumb award. MVP of a series that goes between 4 and 7 games?

It really should be playoff MVP like hockey

RichieW
06-11-2014, 02:59 AM
It would probably come down to who plays the best in the clincher. If Timmy repeats Game 1 or Kawhi repeats Game 3 in the decider then that's who it will go to.

Similar to last year, if the Spurs had closed out in Game 6 last year it would have gone to Timmy for his monster performance in the first half.

GimmeThat
06-11-2014, 04:19 AM
Kevin Love post empty stats.

It's true. Just ask Andre Miller.

ImKobe
06-11-2014, 04:26 AM
Kawhi needs to string together at least two more efficient 20+ point games if he wants to get the award. Right now, Parker & Duncan are closer IMO because of their stats and them being the face/leaders of the team.

WallIn
06-11-2014, 04:36 AM
At age 38 Duncan has been a beast in the Finals.

Game 1: 21p/10rb
Game 2: 18p/15rb
Game 3: 14p/6rb

The best Spurs player so far. Parker is close second.

Kawhi only combined for 19 points in the first two games, we will see how he continues from now on. Clearly if he erupts for 25+ points every next game the FMVP is his.

masonanddixon
06-11-2014, 04:57 AM
It's interesting how lebron considers himself an elite defender and yet everyone has monster games against him. Freaking Kawhi leonard, no less, a system player.

b0bab0i
06-11-2014, 05:00 AM
Danny green for FMVP!!!

All Net
06-11-2014, 05:40 AM
No he's had one good game.

brantonli
06-11-2014, 06:02 AM
seriously should consider giving it to Popovich.

dunksby
06-11-2014, 06:08 AM
If he keeps dropping 30 on such efficiency and Spurs win this series, yes!

ninephive
06-11-2014, 07:53 AM
It honestly doesn't feel like TP is the Spurs' leading scorer through 3 games at this point, but he is. The craziest part of Parker leading the Spurs in scoring is how much defensive attention the Heat have given him. This is the hardest hedging I think I've ever seen in a series and it makes it almost a double team every time Parker brings the ball up the court. Just to get the ball out of his hands Parker is having to leave his feet almost every time just to start the offense and it's paid huge dividends with the Spurs moving the ball as good as ever. Not only that, but you're putting the most athletic defender in the league who is taller, bigger, and stronger (and almost as fast) on Parker and he's still managing to lead the Spurs in scoring.

That said, Duncan has had better efficiency, so I think he's been the Spurs best player through 3 games. Defensively it's hard to say. We always naturally think Duncan is the best defender, but once again bosh seems to be getting whatever he wants (and shooting high percentages), while Chalmers and Cole have done nothing. I think TP's defense is underrated as usual, especially with how much he's running around fighting through screens when they put him on Allen as well. I think right now:

1. Duncan
2. Parker (close 2nd)
3. Kawhi (close 3rd)
4. Diaw or Green

BoutPractice
06-11-2014, 08:05 AM
So far it's
Duncan
Parker (leading the Spurs in scoring, but has been less impactful through the 3 games than Duncan)
Kawhi (only had one good game)
Diaw (still the most underrated player in the league. He is so much better than his stats suggest)

kureyşi-gospurs
06-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Pop probably deservesit most. But between the two you mentioned Timmy D wil win it no question. Just needs a couple more double doubles.