PDA

View Full Version : Cavs reach out to Mark Jackson!

Akrazotile
06-12-2014, 01:02 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11071832

Mama here comes that man!!!!!!!!

Burgz V2
06-12-2014, 01:12 PM
inb4 he gets fired and replaced by Mike Brown

Rubio2Gasol
06-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Kyrie right now

:hammertime:

Then when teams start trapping at halfcourt and they make no adjustments

:lebroncry:

JohnnySic
06-12-2014, 01:20 PM
Please hire him. His announcing sucks.

Uncle Drew
06-12-2014, 01:20 PM
Fcuk Chris Broussard and his sauces. We're still after David Blatt, per Woj.

hawksdogsbraves
06-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Is there any way they could hire him before the finals are over so he's off the desk?

GimmeThat
06-12-2014, 01:29 PM
their offense would be okay, good enough to get 40+ wins in the East. And probably never make it past the first round.

I don't know what good is it to give Mark Jackson not a defensive minded point guard in the East Coast. Unless he thinks he can get his team out run the other team every night, unwillingly.

Give Mark Jackson a shooter, and he'll find opportunities for him to get good shots. Give Mark Jackson a player, and I doubt he'll ever emphasize the importance of shooting beyond that of the players natural skill set.

KyleKong
06-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Mark Jackson is a piece of shit.

He deserves the shithole that is the Cleveland city and their organization.

Burgz V2
06-12-2014, 01:43 PM

Can I ask, what has Mark Jackson done to deserve being called a piece of shit?

:confusedshrug:

Meticode
06-12-2014, 01:44 PM

Mature post here. Sike.

KyleKong
06-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Mature post here. Sike.

All jokes aside, Cleveland is a piece of shit.

Burgz V2
06-12-2014, 02:23 PM
All jokes aside, Cleveland is a piece of shit.

great.

Akrazotile
06-12-2014, 02:28 PM

:lebronamazed:

hawkfan
06-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Mark Price would be better.
He could really help out Irving with his point guard play, since Price was one of the best point guards of his era - one of the first point guards who could run a team and hit the three pointer consistently.

DukeDelonte13
06-12-2014, 02:38 PM
he just sounds dumber and dumber the more talk time he gets on air.

Akrazotile
06-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Mark Price would be better.
He could really help out Irving with his point guard play, since Price was one of the best point guards of his era - one of the first point guards who could run a team and hit the three pointer consistently.

Do you really think theres anything Price "knows" that Kryzewski, Scott, and Brown havent combined to learn being around basketball all their life??

Its like when people think you can just hire a great FT shooter to 'coach' ben wallace or shaq or deandre jordan to shoot FTs better.

You cant magically make players better with coaching. If Kyrie is overdribbling, its simply a matter of being stubborn. A diff coach isnt going to "learn him" how to pass. He knows how to pass. He just doesnt do it. If an NBA player cant shoot, or rebound, or play defense, its probably because hes just not very good at those things. You cant just hire a former player who was good at them and expect it to "rub off" on players who dont have the talent. See: Dwight Howard.

What he really needs is simply a coach willing to bench him when hes trying to do it all himself.

All Net
06-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Not the coach Cavs need.

Artillery
06-12-2014, 02:56 PM
Can I ask, what has Mark Jackson done to deserve being called a piece of shit?

:confusedshrug:

-He's a bible thumping hypocrite. Cheats on his wife with strippers and hookers despite claiming to be a devout christian. Save the religious bullshit - We don't want to hear it.

-Horrible commentator. Just as bad as Reggie. Just as biased towards superstar teams

-Terrible coach still stuck in the iso-ball era of the 90s. Warriors have some of the most dynamic offensive players in the NBA and they were an overall mediocre offensive team. They needed a coach that would have them playing team ball like the Spurs. Jackson was clearly not that guy. Best thing GSW management did was firing his dumb ass.

clipps
06-12-2014, 03:04 PM
He's the type of guy that'll trash the Warriors as a commentator, but will praise the Clippers out of spite.

DukeDelonte13
06-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Do you really think theres anything Price "knows" that Kryzewski, Scott, and Brown havent combined to learn being around basketball all their life??

Its like when people think you can just hire a great FT shooter to 'coach' ben wallace or shaq or deandre jordan to shoot FTs better.

You cant magically make players better with coaching. If Kyrie is overdribbling, its simply a matter of being stubborn. A diff coach isnt going to "learn him" how to pass. He knows how to pass. He just doesnt do it. If an NBA player cant shoot, or rebound, or play defense, its probably because hes just not very good at those things. You cant just hire a former player who was good at them and expect it to "rub off" on players who dont have the talent. See: Dwight Howard.

What he really needs is simply a coach willing to bench him when hes trying to do it all himself.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

wow. I didn't think any NBA fans existed that understand that making ridiculous generalities about coaches is stupid.

well said.

Unfortunately plenty of people believe that guys like Scott Brooks, Frank Vogel, Mike Brown, Mark Jackson, etc. are idiots who don't know X's and O's despite these guys being involved in basketball their entire lives.

contrary to popular belief the offense is not always 100% on the coach. You need players that can execute it.

Kyrie Irving is a prime example of a player who just doesn't move the ball well. The offense stagnates with him. 99% of cavs fans blame brown, even though when Kyrie wasn't in the game the offense flowed 10x better. People literally believe Mike Brown just tells Kyrie to isolate and go 1 v. 5 :hammerhead:

GoSpursGo1984
06-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Anything to get him away from commentating he is awful to listen to

qrich
06-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Good.

Leave Ty & Alvin alone.

RedBlackAttack
06-12-2014, 04:16 PM
I much prefer David Blatt. I don't think this Mark Jackson thing is all that likely.

Word is, the job is down to three finalists...

Blatt, Tyrunn Lue and Alvin Gentry.

KyleKong
06-12-2014, 05:19 PM
:lebronamazed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Ballin095
06-12-2014, 06:02 PM
Why dont the cavs go after lionel hollins? I feel he would be a pretty good fit for this team especially with the cavs most likely drafting embiid first.

russwest0
06-12-2014, 06:03 PM
he just sounds dumber and dumber the more talk time he gets on air.

This.

I thought he was about an average coach but hearing him broadcast more and more has me thinking he was a bottom tier coach. He just comes across as a stubborn jackass. If I was an intelligent player that's not someone who I'd want to play for at all.