PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard Has Scottie Pippen Potential

Smook A.
06-13-2014, 12:05 AM
This man just plays his heart out every single night.

The way he just plays just really reminds me of Scottie Pippen. Im being honest here. His defense on LeBron James and Dwyane Wade was just flat out outstanding. Look at Kawhi's stats today: 20 points, 14 rebounds, 3 steals, 3 blocks. Just a tremendous all-around performance by the 3rd year player. He's only 22 years old and from here on out he's just going to get better and better.

I think his ability to attack the basketball in a multitude of ways is going underrated a bit. Despite not having truly elite handles, he's got a strong first step, and once he gets by you, he's got massive strength. He can keep going full speed in a straight line even with contact from defenders. That's rare. I honestly will not be surprised if he starts putting up 17/7/3 in the next 2 years or so. All he needs to do is expand his offensive game a little more. If he does that, teams better watch out.

Collie
06-13-2014, 12:07 AM
Getting to play for the Spurs is like winning the NBA lottery. You get to develop from the best AND win championships. The best place to play for up and coming talent.

deja vu
06-13-2014, 12:08 AM
He's the future of the Spurs franchise, unless they get Embiid.

Smook A.
06-13-2014, 12:25 AM
He's the future of the Spurs franchise, unless they get Embiid.
You already know they're not getting Embiid :lol

Kawhi Leonard is the future. Spurs DEFINITELY made the right decision by trading George Hill for Kawhi Leonard back in '11.

pauk
06-13-2014, 12:31 AM
Pippen never won a championship as the FMVP... that is what Kawhi will do if Spurs win...

stalkerforlife
06-13-2014, 12:32 AM
I like the comparison.

Smook A.
06-13-2014, 12:36 AM
Pippen never won a championship as the FMVP... that is what Kawhi will do if Spurs win...
Someone else can still win the FMVP if Spurs win the championship. I mean its not a lock. If Tim Duncan or Parker play great and Leonard doesn't the next game then Duncan or Parker can win it.

TheTruth11
06-13-2014, 12:39 AM
I like Kawhi. At just 22 if he keeps improving he has a chance to be an all time great. And I think he can potentially effect a game in many of the same ways that Pippin did but add the increased element of being a slightly better shot blocker than Pippin. That said, I do believe Pippin was a better athlete - quicker, faster and jumped a little bit higher.

Smook A.
06-13-2014, 12:42 AM
I like Kawhi. At just 22 if he keeps improving he has a chance to be an all time great. And I think he can potentially effect a game in many of the same ways that Pippin did but add the increased element of being a slightly better shot blocker than Pippin. That said, I do believe Pippin was a better athlete - quicker, faster and jumped a little bit higher.
Can't believe this dude is only 22 years old. Pretty crazy

nightprowler10
So... winning a FMVP makes him better than Pip already? Come on, you know better than that.

1987_Lakers
Kawhi Leonard will be a Scottie Pippen without the ball handling and passing ability, but with a better 3 point shot.

Collie
06-13-2014, 12:47 AM
I think Kawhi will have a Ginobili-like career in the sense that he'll never really put up gaudy stats or win that many individual awards, but he'll be seen as a top SF for years to come and be respected and feared by almost every other team in the league.

Smook A.
06-13-2014, 12:58 AM
I think Kawhi will have a Ginobili-like career in the sense that he'll never really put up gaudy stats or win that many individual awards, but he'll be seen as a top SF for years to come and be respected and feared by almost every other team in the league.
That can happen too. Either way, his future is bright.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-13-2014, 01:00 AM
Kawhi Leonard will be a Scottie Pippen without the ball handling and passing ability, but with a better 3 point shot.

Isn't that kind of important, tho? Pippen's offensive game is defined by his point-forward ability.

Collie
06-13-2014, 01:01 AM
Isn't that kind of important, tho? Pippen's offensive game is defined by his point-forward ability.

He was still a good scorer even without his passing though. If Kawhi can be the scorer Pippen was, then he'd be a multiple all star.

Smook A.
06-13-2014, 01:01 AM
Kawhi will probably improve his passing ability as time passes by. When your coach is Gregg Popovich anything can happen.

nightprowler10
06-13-2014, 01:03 AM
He was still a good scorer even without his passing though. If Kawhi can be the scorer Pippen was, then he'd be a multiple all star.
His point is how can you have Pippential™ if you're not a point-forward type?

Smook A.
06-13-2014, 01:14 AM
Getting to play for the Spurs is like winning the NBA lottery. You get to develop from the best AND win championships. The best place to play for up and coming talent.
Definitely true.

tpols
06-13-2014, 01:20 AM

Theyre are like 100+ players who could win FMVP on this spurs team