PDA

View Full Version : Okay, All Trolling Aside.....

PsychoBe
06-13-2014, 01:41 AM
does anyone feel bad for bran and the heat? as well as the fans?

i almost got a little emotional once the fans started booing them, mostly as a basketball purist what hurts me the most is watching a team disappoint a home-crowd. do you know how expensive those final tickets were? and those fans showed up just to watch their team get spanked like that?

just tragic, and we all know the camera shots of d-wade on the bench

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sh20hDwDh6o/U5ptFp4ksEI/AAAAAAAAHfo/1sKW6R0fCvE/s1600/4.gif

doesn't that scene melt your heart?

the fans deserved better, and the team deserved better than wade and bran playing like absolute scrubs. the game was literally over by halftime. all the spurs had to do was score every so often and it was over.

i'm a bit sympathetic for the heat, we were all expecting a great series but instead what we got was a complete meltdown by the miami heat.

Fudge
06-13-2014, 01:42 AM
I don't. That franchise and fanbase are pieces of shit.

Smook A.
06-13-2014, 01:42 AM
**** no.

COnDEMnED
06-13-2014, 01:43 AM
Not an ounce of sympathy... these guys won championships...why should I feel bad they failed massively considering the potential.

Legends66NBA7
06-13-2014, 01:44 AM
All great runs come to an end in the sporting world. I don't have really any connection to the Heat, so I can't say I feel bad.

I'm not going to make fun of them or anything, but I'm neutral about it.

HOoopCityJones
These fans don't even applause their best players going back to the bench after a good effort.

305Baller
we just won 2 titles. we cant win em all. sheesh.

BasedTom
It's not over. But yes it sucks.

Obviously, the manchildren are enjoying it while they can. And I suppose regular people in San Antonio.

These fans don't even applause their best players going back to the bench after a good effort.
We do this all the time. Not just for the best players, but for the roleplayers like Haslem and Andersen who show great effort.

I'd tell you to jump in front of a train, but filth like you should stay in their mother's basements. And LA has shitty public transportation anyway.

Eye Test
06-13-2014, 01:45 AM
not really, besides colluding i think wade/bran dual press confs doesnt help this

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-13-2014, 01:46 AM
Nope. I loath this team and their players more than anyone...in NBA history.

Rest in piss, CHeat

(watch them win the next 3)

MVBallin2K
06-13-2014, 01:46 AM
They won two chips, eventually you're gonna have a downfall.

Miami fans got their chance to celebrate and brag for three straight years outside of the 2011 Finals. Much like us Laker fans going through a rough time right now or the Mavs unfortunate downslide after the championship, it'd be foolish not to think that eventually Miami would go through it.

I feel bad for Mavs fans who never got to see if that team could repeat. Even if there was a 1% they could, at least they would have got to know. Lakers, Celtics and Heat fans already got to see how far their team can go. Even if Miami can somehow win this series and the chip, it's still gonna happen at some point like any team.

tanner892
06-13-2014, 01:47 AM
By the way these guys act in the post game press conference, they don't give a flying **** OP, so no, not really.

PsychoBe
06-13-2014, 01:48 AM
when i said fans i meant real fans, not stans :roll: :roll: :roll:

but my point comes from the standpoint that i'm sure we were all expecting much, much better games than these. i honestly didn't care for the finals because i had most of my money on the pacers getting past the heat this year finally but unfortunately they had a meltdown. so i just wanted to watch a competitive finals series, but instead we got this :roll: :roll: :roll:

just kinda sad. the real fans deserve better, and as mark jackson was saying, it was absolutely appalling watching the heat sleep-walk their way into a 3-1 deficit.

no pun intended
06-13-2014, 01:49 AM
nope, not even sad

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/856207399.gif

Milbuck
06-13-2014, 01:50 AM
Not a shred of sympathy. They've won their rings, they've had their success.

To put it bluntly, I don't give a shit about them. It's time to take a step back, look beyond the "Lebron, Wade, Bosh, big 3, superstar" shit and just appreciate what the Spurs are doing. Whether Miami somehow pulls this series out or not, we need to stop focusing exclusively on them, and enjoy what we're watching on the other side because this San Antonio team might be legendary.

Mrofir
06-13-2014, 01:50 AM
Hard to feel bad for this guy, sorry..

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/51c3d72569bedd5b5300000d-800-/lebron-james-trophies-nba-finals-2013.jpg

LogicalFan
06-13-2014, 01:52 AM

It actually did. I'm rooting HARD against the Heat, but I must admit that I kinda felt bad when I saw Wade like that. I mean, look at that. That's a man realizing the saddest truth an athlete can realize.

PsychoBe
06-13-2014, 01:59 AM
i'm also not just talking about from wade to james, but what about players like haslem or cole? how does it feel to sit on that bench and watch a team that you're on, that you train with and game plan with and watch film with, go down 20 points at halftime again at home? would you even be able to look those guys in the eyes afterwards? or do you just shrug it off and say "well, we won two in a row."

EwingMan
06-13-2014, 02:02 AM
Dwayne can wade in the water and drown with all of his gucci attire and ugly children for all I care.

http://chicitysportsfan.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/wade.jpg

et tu, budadiiii?

J Shuttlesworth
06-13-2014, 02:03 AM
Honestly as a Heat fan, I feel bad for everyone watching us play. It's the finals for ****'s sake. You see absolutely no heart from the Heat in a legacy defining moment for the franchise/players. I kind of accepted that the Spurs would win the series a while ago, but i at least wanted to watch some good basketball games to end the season. It's a shame to see a great team not playing great basketball in the finals

oarabbus
06-13-2014, 02:04 AM
No but I feel bad for myself because I wanted to watch a great series, not an ass raping. Although I do prefer that the ass raping is perpetrated by the spurs.

BasedTom
06-13-2014, 02:07 AM
This thread is gayer than the Castro district in San Francisco. So many shameless semenslurping ******s

I know you probably weren't intending for this, OP.

PsychoBe
06-13-2014, 02:15 AM
This thread is gayer than the Castro district in San Francisco. So many shameless semenslurping ******s

I know you probably weren't intending for this, OP.

i honestly wasn't :roll: :roll: :roll:

but i dont mind either way, it's fun to get everyone's perspective on the matter. some people just don't like bran or the heat, it's okay. i wasn't a fan of kobe or the lakers during their three-peat and loved it when the spurs knocked them off their high horse and the pistons as well. but afterwards i kinda just stopped watching basketball because i felt like everything was "boring" after my "rivals" were finally handled.

point was that kind of mentality could possibly lead you indifferent to the game of basketball as a whole, and make you jaded. but hey, maybe watching the heat lose could help people focus more on their teams now without having to worry about a superteam rampaging throughout the league in their conference.

but the main problem i have is the fact that these finals shouldn't have been like this, but in the end it just was.

OmniStrife
06-13-2014, 02:19 AM
I just felt bad for him in Cleveland.
He could've done something REAL special...

2 Titles is nothing to feel bad about, trust me I'm a Suns fan! :lol

Mrofir
06-13-2014, 02:21 AM
In all honesty I felt a little bad for Wade when I saw the closeup

But when I saw LBJ celebrate in that awful egomaniacal way last year that cemented his status for me. If things change and he seems to have mellowed or humbled himself a bit, I could root for him again like I did in Cleveland. I felt happy for him in '12, always enjoy seeing someone break through for a first championship. But that reaction last year, that just made me sick. No humility. That's why I posted the picture.

J Shuttlesworth
06-13-2014, 02:22 AM
In all honesty I felt a little bad for Wade when I saw the closeup

But when I saw LBJ celebrate in that awful egomaniacal way last year that cemented his status for me. If things change and he seems to have mellowed or humbled himself a bit, I could root for him again like I did in Cleveland. I felt happy for him in '12, always enjoy seeing someone break through for a first championship. But that reaction last year, that just made me sick. No humility. That's why I posted the picture.

lol whats wrong with celebrating after you win back to back rings/FMVPs?

Black and White
06-13-2014, 02:23 AM
No, not one bit, during the start of this big 3 fiasco, they did a whole bunch of cocky shit, beat the Thunder, won a fluke title last year and now they got what they had coming,

Team ball > Hero ball

Built > Bought

J Shuttlesworth
06-13-2014, 02:24 AM
No, not one bit, during the start of this big 3 fiasco, they did a whole bunch of cocky shit, beat the Thunder, won a fluke title last year and now they got what they had coming,

Team ball > Hero ball

Built > Bought
Heat really aren't hero ball... if anything, the Thunder are.

Black and White
06-13-2014, 02:25 AM
Heat really aren't hero ball... if anything, the Thunder are.

Sorry I should re-phrase that, team Ball > top heavy teams

also the Thunder have no choice but to play that way because their coach can run plays to save his life

BigBoss
06-13-2014, 02:27 AM
Miami Heat are the fat kid who didn't get the last slice of pizza

Mrofir
06-13-2014, 02:29 AM
lol whats wrong with celebrating after you win back to back rings/FMVPs?

Everyone should be able to celebrate. It was the smugness and the "of course I had this coming to me" -- like he was more worried about the "haters" than his own fans. Im not sure he even naturally feels that way, it's possible he was purposely producing that kind of vibe because that's what he thought he should do, which is part of what is weird about him.

I think it's possible to celebrate and show a little humility.

"We played a great Spurs team and we were fortunate to get some bounces, AND HERE'S ANOTHER TROPHY MIAMI!!" Would have been classy enough and celebratory enough.

If the Spurs finish this thing off you can watch them celebrate and that will be the model for how to do it in a classy way.

FPJ
06-13-2014, 02:40 AM
Why feel sorry? They had an amazing run and this final ain't over yet. You can see they are tired, 4 straight finals is incredible and the Heat team isnt exactly the youngest one out there. They deserve respect more than anything but respect doesnt sell papers, don't boost tv ratings and certainly dont boost a forum's traffic as the mods on this forum taught us countless times :oldlol: .

J Shuttlesworth
06-13-2014, 02:40 AM
Everyone should be able to celebrate. It was the smugness and the "of course I had this coming to me" -- like he was more worried about the "haters" than his own fans. Im not sure he even naturally feels that way, it's possible he was purposely producing that kind of vibe because that's what he thought he should do, which is part of what is weird about him.

I think it's possible to celebrate and show a little humility.

"We played a great Spurs team and we were fortunate to get some bounces, AND HERE'S ANOTHER TROPHY MIAMI!!" Would have been classy enough and celebratory enough.

If the Spurs finish this thing off you can watch them celebrate and that will be the model for how to do it in a classy way.
I dunno man when you win a championship, you're gonna be excited as ****. He was definitely excited... I think you're just reading into it too much. You're making assumptions about what's going on in his head as he wins the chip. It sounds like you're just trying to find another excuse to hate.

I'm really not sure where the "Of course I'm supposed to be here" comes from... he stated like 10x that he's not supposed to be here cause he is just some kid from akron

All Net
06-13-2014, 02:43 AM
I can see Wade completely dropping off badly going forward.

Mrofir
06-13-2014, 02:45 AM
I dunno man when you win a championship, you're gonna be excited as ****. He was definitely excited... I think you're just reading into it too much. You're making assumptions about what's going on in his head as he wins the chip. It sounds like you're just trying to find another excuse to hate.

I'm really not sure where the "Of course I'm supposed to be here" comes from... he stated like 10x that he's not supposed to be here cause he is just some kid from akron

I mean, he just looked like an asshole. I didn't study it for a long time or anything, it just hit me like a wave from a bad fart as I was watching. My instantaneous human reaction was OMG what an asshole. The dudes I was watching the game with had the same reaction.. I also thought he completely left his teammates out of the celebration, at least momentarily.

I rooted for him in Cleveland and I don't hate him at all. I'll probably root for him again. But that just rubbed me the wrong way

At least he didn't claim that God is on his side, that's always really weird.

J Shuttlesworth
06-13-2014, 02:51 AM
I mean, he just looked like an asshole. I didn't study it for a long time or anything, it just hit me like a wave from a bad fart as I was watching. My instantaneous human reaction was OMG what an asshole. The dudes I was watching the game with had the same reaction.. I also thought he completely left his teammates out of the celebration, at least momentarily.

I rooted for him in Cleveland and I don't hate him at all. I'll probably root for him again. But that just rubbed me the wrong way

At least he didn't claim that God is on his side, that's always really weird.
Well you're a LeBron hater of course you're gonna be pissed seeing him cherish his biggest accomplishment in life. The picture you're showing is him holding FMVP/Trophy. I think just about every FMVP in history has a pic like that where they're holding their FMVP and Trophy including Bean and Jordan

Mrofir
06-13-2014, 02:56 AM
Well you're a LeBron hater of course you're gonna be pissed seeing him cherish his biggest accomplishment in life. The picture you're showing is him holding FMVP/Trophy. I think just about every FMVP in history has a pic like that where they're holding their FMVP and Trophy including Bean and Jordan

Oh I'm sorry I was attempting to have an actual conversation, my bad -- let's go back to our roles and hey I'm going to dream about my hatred for LBJ

J Shuttlesworth
06-13-2014, 03:00 AM
Oh I'm sorry I was attempting to have an actual conversation, my bad -- let's go back to our roles and hey I'm going to dream about my hatred for LBJ
All I'm saying is you don't know what's really going through his head when he gets that award... And holding up your trophy/FMVP is nothing new. His speech was humble. People hate on LeBron for a lot of shit, but I don't think this is a very compelling reason

Mrofir
06-13-2014, 03:07 AM
All I'm saying is you don't know what's really going through his head when he gets that award... And holding up your trophy/FMVP is nothing new. His speech was humble. People hate on LeBron for a lot of shit, but I don't think this is a very compelling reason

It's not the physical holding up of the trophies that bothers me, it's more his facial expression and body language I'm referring to. It just affected me that way, before that I was seriously trying to appreciate the history of the moment and trying to feel happy for Lebron and Ray Allen and the Heat. Seriously.

If you watch the video maybe it's a bit more obvious what I'm talking about rather than just the picture but I couldn't find a video easily. Doesn't matter though.

A day will come when I root for LBJ again, but I certainly don't feel bad for him now.

TheMan
06-13-2014, 03:08 AM
I'm enjoying this like a retarded kid at a circus. I hope the Spurs crush the Heat in GM 5 by 30 and send that shit franchise and their garbage fanbase spiralling into the black hole of mediocrity. Hopefully that team gets broken apart and James leaves but never reaches another Finals again. Wade hopefully falls off a cliff and is relegated to role player status. Bosh gets traded to Milwaukee. Colluding bishes deserve no better fate, fvck them.

Other than that, they really don't bother me one way or the other.

Take Your Lumps
06-13-2014, 03:10 AM
Wade is finished...all he had left in the tank for this game was that 5 minute spurt with Haslem in the game.

I was watching this T-Mac video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi9eWyyiYvI) earlier today about his pursuit of a baseball career. Somewhere in the video he talks about a game while he was in Houston where he was totally embarrassed and how that's when he knew he was done.

This game felt like that to me for Wade.

J Shuttlesworth
06-13-2014, 03:11 AM
It's not the physical holding up of the trophies that bothers me, it's more his facial expression and body language I'm referring to. It just affected me that way, before that I was seriously trying to appreciate the history of the moment and trying to feel happy for Lebron and Ray Allen and the Heat. Seriously.

If you watch the video maybe it's a bit more obvious what I'm talking about rather than just the picture but I couldn't find a video easily. Doesn't matter though.

A day will come when I root for LBJ again, but I certainly don't feel bad for him now.
Don't get me wrong I don't feel bad for him either. He's a 2x FMVP and just made 30 million dollars the other day.

I've seen the video, and I saw it live on TV and the gif 100x times. It just looks like he's chilling there enjoying the moment. Obviously you'll be a little smug when you get the FMVP trophy but who wouldn't be?

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/6-kobe-bryant-trophies-players-named-nba-finals-mvp-more-than-once.jpg

bdreason
06-13-2014, 03:14 AM
I only feel bad that LeBron and Wade get attacked personally. Obviously I don't know either one of these guys, but I think they are generally good people, and I can only imagine how hard it must be to succeed when so many people (myself included) are wishing for you to fail.

BasedTom
06-13-2014, 03:21 AM
I'm enjoying this like a retarded kid at a circus. I hope the Spurs crush the Heat in GM 5 by 30 and send that shit franchise and their garbage fanbase spiralling into the black hole of mediocrity. Hopefully that team gets broken apart and James leaves but never reaches another Finals again. Wade hopefully falls off a cliff and is relegated to role player status. Bosh gets traded to Milwaukee. Colluding bishes deserve no better fate, fvck them.

Chicago is a shithole with garbage people, garbage sports teams, and horrible rappers. The only thing they're good at is murdering each other :cheers:

Classless bishes deserve no better fate. fvck them.

Miami Heat are the fat kid who didn't get the last slice of pizza
If that's the case, then what are the Knicks and Lakers?

Knicks haven't gotten a slice in 40 years, and the Lakers are fatter and more entitled than anyone.

Mrofir
06-13-2014, 03:22 AM
Don't get me wrong I don't feel bad for him either. He's a 2x FMVP and just made 30 million dollars the other day.

I've seen the video, and I saw it live on TV and the gif 100x times. It just looks like he's chilling there enjoying the moment. Obviously you'll be a little smug when you get the FMVP trophy but who wouldn't be?

To be fair I don't really like Kobe either even though I acknowledge his accomplishments. There's a difference I guess between acknowledging a player's accomplishments and actually liking them, or whatever sliver of their true personalities we see on the court. Some players are just easier to root for than others.

Manu, Duncan, Leonard, those guys are easy to root for. Tony Parker, not so much.

Even on my own favorite team through the years -- Nash, KJ, Diaw, Grant Hill, Jared Dudley, easy to root for. Joe Johnson, Stephon Marbury, not so much.

I think it hurts Lebron somehow that he isn't in that likeable category. I can kind of identify with that. I'm a pretty decent all around person, make pretty good decisions and I think I care about other people and yet, some people don't like me. I'm sure it's intense for LBJ.

Anyway I watched the video again and his interview is basically fine -- I just didn't like the initial gesture. Whatever -- he'll be up there again most likely so I just don't mind at all seeing him lose now, if they do go on to lose.

ILLsmak
06-13-2014, 04:31 AM
I know you're trolling, too, but yea I feel bad. It's funny, maybe one of the issues with America is that we can turn our empathy off. I can't, really.

It's not even over yet, sure, and D Wade is a whiny bitch nowadays. But yeah, I feel bad. I can look at any situation and imagine what it's like to be that person, and it sucks.

That being said, ****'m. In terms of sports they are getting beaten, and that's cool by me, but it's the outside part that I feel bad about. It's not just a game to anyone... not the fans, not the players, not the media. People are funny who say it is.

If they lose this, they are gonna get slaughtered, people are gonna start saying is Bron even good again. I mean, the only way it could get more ridiculous is A. They bring in Melo or B. Bron leaves (especially going back to Cleveland.)

But yea, they're people... don't forget.

-Smak

russwest0
06-13-2014, 04:41 AM
nope, not even sad

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/856207399.gif

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

This.

pauk
06-13-2014, 04:42 AM

i almost got a little emotional once the fans started booing them, mostly as a basketball purist what hurts me the most is watching a team disappoint a home-crowd. do you know how expensive those final tickets were? and those fans showed up just to watch their team get spanked like that?

just tragic, and we all know the camera shots of d-wade on the bench

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sh20hDwDh6o/U5ptFp4ksEI/AAAAAAAAHfo/1sKW6R0fCvE/s1600/4.gif

the fans deserved better, and the team deserved better than wade and bran playing like absolute scrubs. the game was literally over by halftime. all the spurs had to do was score every so often and it was over.

i'm a bit sympathetic for the heat, we were all expecting a great series but instead what we got was a complete meltdown by the miami heat.

Well you still trolled.... Lebron has been playing up to his standards, as far as Wade goes, no comment....

BasedTom
06-13-2014, 04:48 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

This.
OKC gets to the line more than any other team. They benefit a lot from questionable officiating and are an unlikable team.

You wouldn't disagree with any of these statements, would you?

dabigbaws
06-13-2014, 05:08 AM
Well you still trolled.... Lebron has been playing up to his standards, as far as Wade goes, no comment....

he shot the ball like 7 times in the first half.

Inferno
06-13-2014, 05:17 AM
I hate how the focus is on the Heat losing instead of the Spurs winning.

Inferno
06-13-2014, 05:19 AM

He took 5 shots in the first half. He's filling the stat sheet, but he has to play aggressive before his team digs itself into a hole.

ScarSymmetry
06-13-2014, 05:25 AM
If you are going to take a classless approach to winning a chip, for a team that has a bunch of classless fans, you don't deserve any sympathy.

:oldlol:

Unstop
06-13-2014, 06:10 AM
i feel like that you cant ask the people on this forum if they feel for the heat.
i mean most of the time we have trolls bullying other people with irrational threads and pushing buttons all over the time.
in this case lebron trolls posting threads about bron is threepeating an winning without good teammates or winning in 4 against their opponents etc.
people probably just hate those trolls , but at the same time have hard feelings for the heat because of that.

of course some people are still mad about the decision, or mocking dirk in the finals, putting up a show on the floor.

i dont like the heat right now. i respected bron and wade when they were seperated in different teams. i still like bosh for a weird reason, i guess he didnt act like an arrogant ass in miami, thats probably why.
so i still hated the idea of a big three on miami, because i already hated the idea of a big three in boston....but miami took a step further and then got allen too. (allen follows the rings lol).

and then watching all those trolls making all those weird threads in the forum just to bullying people with the new formed heat was just too much for me. im normally just reading in this forum, but some of you guys have serious problems. there is almost no real discussion.
anyway. i feel bad watching wade like that, he was a cool dude.

BlazerRed
06-13-2014, 06:12 AM
I don't. That franchise and fanbase are pieces of shit.
A ****ing Men brother!

uber
06-13-2014, 06:14 AM

so avg. 3.5 points in the 4th quarter so far in this series is his standard? playing pathetic defense is his standard?

BlazerRed
06-13-2014, 06:19 AM

:roll: :applause:

Genaro
06-13-2014, 06:22 AM
No, I was waiting for this since 2011

bingoa
06-13-2014, 06:48 AM
I think that closeup was the moment Wade realised he was done, it's sad whenever an elite player declines. That said I hope the Heat get blownout by 30 in game 5 and ppl get off Lebron's nuts.

GimmeThat
06-13-2014, 06:57 AM
who made the visiting lockerroom for the Heat into the confession booth?