PDA

View Full Version : Let's take a look back at ALL the come-backs from a 3-1 series deficit in NBA history

Hizack
06-13-2014, 02:43 AM
[ Series ]
[ Winning teams in game 1 through game 7 (game 7 won by the home / road team) ]

1968 EDF
Celtics - 76ers - 76ers - 76ers - Celtics - Celtics - Celtics (road win)

1970 WDSF (or WD1R)
Lakers - Suns - Suns - Suns - Lakers - Lakers - Lakers (home win)

1979 ECF
Spurs - Bullets - Spurs - Spurs - Bullets - Bullets - Bullets (home win)

1981 ECF
76ers - Celtics - 76ers - 76ers - Celtics - Celtics - Celtics (home win)

1995 WCSF
Suns - Suns - Rockets - Suns - Rockets - Rockets - Rockets (road win)

1997 ECSF
Knicks - Heat - Knicks - Knicks - Heat - Heat - Heat (home win)

2003 EC1R
Magic - Pistons - Magic - Magic - Pistons - Pistons - Pistons (home win)

2006 WC1R
Suns - Lakers - Lakers - Lakers - Suns - Suns - Suns (home win)

An interesting observation is that Heat has done that before and Spurs has allowed that before too (both in the same pattern too)(although none in the Finals) so
please don't lose your hopes, Miami fans. Good luck.

lakerspng
06-13-2014, 02:45 AM
that 2006 series between the Lakers and the Suns still bothers me... game 6.... just one last damn rebound lamar! argh!

Thought we had a real shot to do something if we got past the suns as well. Kobe was playing like a monster.

Black and White
06-13-2014, 02:46 AM
2014 NBA Finals:

Spurs - Heat - Spurs - Spurs - :lebroncry:

BasedTom
06-13-2014, 02:48 AM
The gesture is appreciated but no luck or prayers will be needed. The team simply needs to step up their effort and play better basketball. That's obviously much easier to say than to do, and it's obviously going to be difficult even if they win Game 5.

But I still have hope for this team. Even if I am the last man on Insidehoops that still does.

Rose'sACL
06-13-2014, 02:50 AM
The Spurs blew game 6 last year, they were up 5, i repeat 5 points with 28 seconds left in an elimination game, and they don't close the deal. No Spurs fan will be confident heading into Game 5.
I am. Heat would be lucky to win 1 more game. this series goes to 6 games max. i would give spurs 80% chance to win in 5. it is not like Heat can't score but they look absolutely deflated because they just can't stop spurs from scoring for long stretches. it would require a monster game from lebron or their shooters to hit ridiculous contested shots to even win game 5. I am giving them a little chance to win game 5 because they have looked better on the road so far.

Magic 32
06-13-2014, 02:51 AM
that 2006 series between the Lakers and the Suns still bothers me... game 6.... just one last damn rebound lamar! argh!

Thought we had a real shot to do something if we got past the suns as well. Kobe was playing like a monster.

It's the worst "what if" moment of Kobe's career.

Look at what he did to the teams that was waiting for him in round 2 and 3...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCiLuE2twKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJNoFs3G91A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-WkLh6TCac

Leroy Jetson
06-13-2014, 02:52 AM
[ Series ]
[ Winning teams in game 1 through game 7 (game 7 won by the home / road team) ]

1968 EDF
Celtics - 76ers - 76ers - 76ers - Celtics - Celtics - Celtics (road win)

1970 WDSF (or WD1R)
Lakers - Suns - Suns - Suns - Lakers - Lakers - Lakers (home win)

1979 ECF
Spurs - Bullets - Spurs - Spurs - Bullets - Bullets - Bullets (home win)

1981 ECF
76ers - Celtics - 76ers - 76ers - Celtics - Celtics - Celtics (home win)

1995 WCSF
Suns - Suns - Rockets - Suns - Rockets - Rockets - Rockets (road win)

1997 ECSF
Knicks - Heat - Knicks - Knicks - Heat - Heat - Heat (home win)

2003 EC1R
Magic - Pistons - Magic - Magic - Pistons - Pistons - Pistons (home win)

2006 WC1R
Suns - Lakers - Lakers - Lakers - Suns - Suns - Suns (home win)

An interesting observation is that Heat has done that before and Spurs has allowed that before too (both in the same pattern too)(although none in the Finals) so
please don't lose your hopes, Miami fans. Good luck.

Yes because as we all know many of those 1979 Spurs are still playing today. Seriously GTFO with that weak attempt at logic. :facepalm

ThePhantomCreep
06-13-2014, 02:52 AM
Stern suspended a shitload of knicks players after that game 5 brawl, allowing Miami to steal the series.

icemanfan
06-13-2014, 02:55 AM
So the Heat have managed a 2 point win out four games. Wade is fined for a flop that accounted for two points in that game so those should come off the board. Given that is should have already been a sweep aka the fact that the Spurs allowed the Heat to win one that the Spurs should have won is what you hang your hopes on? Good f'n luck with that.

SCdac
06-13-2014, 02:58 AM
The Spurs blew game 6 last year, they were up 5, i repeat 5 points with 28 seconds left in an elimination game, and they don't close the deal. No Spurs fan will be confident heading into Game 5.

The Spurs are a better team this year, by all objective measures, while the Heat seem to be a worse team riding the back of Lebron all season. It's not about "confidence" as much as it is basing expectations off the first 4 games. Have to think Spurs are hungry for redemption. Tony Parker, post game, cited last year as "the best motivation (to finish off the Heat)". But can never count out great players like Lebron & crew, which makes the NBA interesting

lakerspng
06-13-2014, 03:00 AM
It's the worst "what if" moment of Kobe's career.

Look at what he did to the teams that was waiting for him in round 2 and 3...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCiLuE2twKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJNoFs3G91A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-WkLh6TCac

I know. I knew we could have taken out the Clippers and the Mavs were Kobe's doormat that year.

I really thought we were going to have a chance to watch Kobe vs Shaq/Wade in the Finals. .... like I said, still bothers me.

Mrofir
06-13-2014, 03:01 AM
So the Heat have managed a 2 point win out four games. Wade is fined for a flop that accounted for two points in that game so total nonsense blablablablabla

:cheers:

Mrofir
06-13-2014, 03:02 AM
I know. I knew we could have taken out the Clippers and the Mavs were Kobe's doormat that year.

I really thought we were going to have a chance to watch Kobe vs Shaq/Wade in the Finals. .... like I said, still bothers me.

Wow that bothers me too, as a Suns fan.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

shit, I'm a suns fan. :cry:

but wait -- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Tim Thomas, Raja Bell WOOOOOOOT

lakerspng
06-13-2014, 03:04 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

but wait -- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You do have a lot more to cry about as a Suns fan than I do as a Lakers fan through the years...

Although I was pissed for the Suns when KJ/Barkely/Majerle and co lost to the Bulls.... I was rooting for you guys in that one.

Magic 32
06-13-2014, 03:08 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liymp6ghht1qcmnsoo1_400.gif

icemanfan
06-13-2014, 03:12 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My first Spurs game was in 74. Stick with your team through the lean years. It is worth being there when it all comes together believe me.

NASH = BEST
06-13-2014, 03:28 AM
I have a feeling the Spurs will actually close it out in game 5. I think theyre trully motivated by how close they came last year only to choke it away.

I'm not completely counting out the Heat, but without HCA its going to be really hard to pull of 3 in a row.

Sarcastic
06-13-2014, 03:35 AM
Has never happened in the Finals. Doubt it happens this year.

Mrofir
06-13-2014, 03:36 AM
My first Spurs game was in 74. Stick with your team through the lean years. It is worth being there when it all comes together believe me.

Thanks for the support. Rooting for your Spurs temporarily until next season (which is very weird for me)

I just hope to see one championship in my lifetime, that's all I ask.

Maybe they'll decide to keep some draft picks this year, who knows...

appreciate the other support -- to magic who posted the artest gif, that's the wrong picture. If you wanted me to relive trauma you'd have posted Artest's putback gw from 2010, but I'm already reliving that trauma by posting this, so F you.

dunksby
06-13-2014, 03:36 AM
Only two of them road wins.

Magic 32
06-13-2014, 03:38 AM
appreciate the other support -- to magic who posted the artest gif, that's the wrong picture. If you wanted me to relive trauma you'd have posted Artest's putback gw from 2010, but I'm already reliving that trauma by posting this, so F you.

It seemed to do the job :oldlol: