PDA

View Full Version : Kobe fans, what is the new method for ranking Kobe over Duncan

iBandwagon
06-13-2014, 02:44 AM
It has been 5>4 for a few years now, but that will be gone, so what is the new method for ranking Kobe over Duncan? It obviously isn't FMVPs or MVPs.

J Shuttlesworth
06-13-2014, 02:46 AM
"Role player"

Even though Kobe has more role player rings than Duncan, hence only 2 FMVPs :lol

Eye Test
06-13-2014, 02:47 AM
individual talent + doing more with less, basically the eye-test :applause:

FlashDwyaneWade3
Some people here say Duncan is better than Kobe yet Kobe destroyed the Spurs in their meetings in the Playoffs except for 1999 and 2003. Kobe was a Spurs killer. And the Lakers beat the Spurs 4 times and Spurs only beat them twice. So Kobe > Duncan.

HOoopCityJones
Eye Test.

Always has been.

AnaheimLakers24
06-13-2014, 02:48 AM
you never had to use 5> 4
to prove kobe was better bro. check their h2h series in the playoffs

lakerspng
both great players, Kobe's gotten the best of Tim's teams in head to head match ups for the majority of their respective careers... and he's played truly amazing in some of the head to head series. Not many wing players have attacked Duncan in the paint as often and with as much success as Kobe has.

Some will feel Duncan ranks higher, some will feel Kobe does. I'm just glad I got to watch both their careers in their entirety.

Magic 32
Kobe 2000 > Duncan 2014

If Duncan wins the FMVP we can re-evaluate.

ThePhantomCreep
06-13-2014, 02:49 AM
"Role player"

Even though Kobe has more role player rings than Duncan, hence only 2 FMVPs :lol

Bird was a role-player in 1981? Magic in 1988?

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 02:49 AM
3peat + Repeat

This is the Spurs 1st back-to-back Finals ever...

HOoopCityJones
06-13-2014, 02:50 AM
3peat + Repeat

This is Spurs 1st back-to-back Finals ever...

Phucking this.

Big#50
06-13-2014, 02:50 AM
Can I join the Kobe Stan circle jerk??

Brokenbeat
06-13-2014, 02:51 AM
both great players, Kobe's gotten the best of Tim's teams in head to head match ups for the majority of their respective careers... and he's played truly amazing in some of the head to head series. Not many wing players have attacked Duncan in the paint as often and with as much success as Kobe has.

Some will feel Duncan ranks higher, some will feel Kobe does. I'm just glad I got to watch both their careers in their entirety.

This. He had the Spurs number, and anyone that's been watching basketball for more than a few years should be well aware of that. Kobe was the Spurs kryptonite.

Akrazotile
06-13-2014, 02:51 AM
Kobe 2000 > Duncan 2014

If Duncan wins the FMVP we can re-evaluate.

Duncan '99-'14 > Kobe '99-'14

Deal

With

It

HOoopCityJones
06-13-2014, 02:52 AM

Deal

With

It

Duncan and Kobe > Lebron

Eat

That

Shit

Magic 32
06-13-2014, 02:52 AM

Deal

With

It

4-2

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 02:54 AM
This. He had the Spurs number, and anyone that's been watching basketball for more than a few years should be well aware of that. Kobe was the Spurs kryptonite.

Agreed... just watch the tape.

I forget the year... I wanna say 2000 or 2001. Spurs led the Lakers in every game going into the 4th quarter and Kobe went off in each game. Think the Lakers won the series like 4 -1.

TRUST me... the Spurs never had an answer for Kobe. Bowen played him pretty well though.

Smoke117
06-13-2014, 02:58 AM
A new method implies that Kobe stans have a capacity for intelligence, cleverness, and wit. Where did you ever get this idea from?

Dengness9
06-13-2014, 03:14 AM
The head to head stats are nice but Duncan being so great at 37 and 38 and being a driving force of getting them back to back finals this late in his career is just as impressive.

Kobe's body looks to finally be giving in to his long career but TD is still going hard. I can't believe how good he is still to this day.

SuperPippen
06-13-2014, 03:15 AM

I know that you're mostly a harmless troll, so I won't go into much depth, but...... umm......... Shaq..... Gasol...... Odom.........Dwight......Nash

Additionally, the "eye test" tells me that Tim Duncan was far more impactful defensively than Kobe Bryant ever was.

I'm not a Kobe hater, btw. I recognize his greatness. But it disappoints me that you Kobe fans have so much disrespect for reality.

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 03:19 AM
I know that you're mostly a harmless troll, so I won't go into much depth, but...... umm......... Shaq..... Gasol...... Odom.........Dwight......Nash

Additionally, the "eye test" tells me that Tim Duncan was far more impactful defensively than Kobe Bryant eve was.

I'm not a Kobe hater, btw. I recognize his greatness. But it disappoints me that you Kobe fans have so much disrespect for reality.

So Duncan was that dominate and not one back-to-back title? Explain....

JustinJDW
06-13-2014, 04:24 AM
There obviously is none. MVP's + FMVP's > Individual Player Statistics. Especially when the only stat you're actually winning is scoring. As you should since he took way more shots. People bringing up head to head stats from the early 2000's against the Spurs look stupid because they were inflated due to the Spurs defensive gameplan always centering around stopping Shaq and forcing/living with Kobe going off and making him beat you. Similar to how the Spurs always beat the mid 2000 Suns by focusing in and slowing down Nash while sticking to the shooters, but allowing Amare Stoudemire get his and go wild with all the floor space. That's why he averages like 40 ppg against the Spurs. That was the sacrifice Pop made. But to know all this would require people to actually watch basketball and study the game, but people don't. They look at the box score and call guys like Amare and Kobe "Spurs Killers". Omg Kobe destroys Spurs!! Kobe better than Duncan all time! Look at head to head stats!! Who cares if they play different positions and Duncan accomplished more with less team salary, less talent, won all rings with no All-NBA teammate that year, smaller market, more consistent and longer career and not to mention is literally ****ing universes better defensively than Kobe ever was!! Look at the Ppg stats in 2001!! Kobe Goat!! **** Duncan! **** Lebron!! **** Jordan!! Godbe!! Stupid.

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 05:09 AM
There obviously is none. MVP's + FMVP's > Individual Player Statistics. Especially when the only stat you're actually winning is scoring. As you should since he took way more shots. People bringing up head to head stats from the early 2000's against the Spurs look stupid because they were inflated due to the Spurs defensive gameplan always centering around stopping Shaq and forcing/living with Kobe going off and making him beat you. Similar to how the Spurs always beat the mid 2000 Suns by focusing in and slowing down Nash while sticking to the shooters, but allowing Amare Stoudemire get his and go wild with all the floor space. That's why he averages like 40 ppg against the Spurs. That was the sacrifice Pop made. But to know all this would require people to actually watch basketball and study the game, but people don't. They look at the box score and call guys like Amare and Kobe "Spurs Killers". Omg Kobe destroys Spurs!! Kobe better than Duncan all time! Look at head to head stats!! Who cares if they play different positions and Duncan accomplished more with less team salary, less talent, won all rings with no All-NBA teammate that year, smaller market, more consistent and longer career and not to mention is literally ****ing universes better defensively than Kobe ever was!! Look at the Ppg stats in 2001!! Kobe Goat!! **** Duncan! **** Lebron!! **** Jordan!! Godbe!! Stupid.

Your gibberish is an epic fail ....

BoutPractice
06-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Eye test is deeply flawed because most fans underrate bigs. Guards do more visible work and are easier to identify with...

Kiddlovesnets
06-13-2014, 08:05 AM

Only Kobestans feel Kobe ranks higher, Duncan has been the greater player than kobe on all-time list since his rookie season, with another ring its not even debatable. Funny how people make threads like Duncan surpassing Kobe, how can you surpass someone already behind you?

STATUTORY
06-13-2014, 08:06 AM
how many GQ covers does Duncan have?

in term of culture impact. it aint even close

Duncan is a footnote of the Kobe era

Yao Ming's Foot
06-13-2014, 08:08 AM

Great strategy by Popovich there. Let Kobe get off so they can get more fishing time in Duncan's prime.:applause:

K Xerxes
06-13-2014, 08:13 AM
99-Robinson

03-Duncan

05-Manu

07-Parker

14-Leonard

umad

00-Shaq

01-Shaq

02-Shaq

09-Gasol

10-Gasol

So, as we can see, Duncan still > Kobe. :applause:

Trentknicks
06-13-2014, 08:16 AM
"Kobe the Spurs killer"

So whose this supposed elite matchup they had at the SG position back in the day against Kobe that he overcame such odds against?

**** laker fans are so pathetic its laughable, you'll reach for the tiniest little speck of anything. What's next?

Duncan never repeated?
Never won a championship on a sunday, playing on one foot without eating breakfast?

STATUTORY
06-13-2014, 08:17 AM
"Kobe the Spurs killer"

So whose this supposed elite matchup they had at the SG position back in the day against Kobe that he overcame such odds against?

**** laker fans are so pathetic its laughable, you'll reach for the tiniest little speck of anything.

bruce bowen played some good defense back in the day but Kobe always murked the spurs

K Xerxes
06-13-2014, 08:21 AM
bruce bowen played some good defense back in the day but Kobe always murked the spurs

And how is that Duncan's fault?

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 08:24 AM
"Kobe the Spurs killer"

**** laker fans are so pathetic its laughable, you'll reach for the tiniest little speck of anything. What's next?

Duncan never repeated?
Never won a championship on a sunday, playing on one foot without eating breakfast?

Derek ****ing Anderson went down in '01, and he was "the guy" in the backcourt of those Spurs teams. Kobe literally abused Terry Porter, Danny Ferry and Antonio Daniels, and this was with Pop employing his "let the second star get his" strategy (did the same to Amare with the Suns). :eek:

There's no point even trying to debate with them. If you say Duncan had less help they'll tell you he played with 3 HoFers in 2003, whereas Kobe only played with one in 2010. :facepalm

Yao Ming's Foot
06-13-2014, 08:31 AM
Derek ****ing Anderson went down in '01, and he was "the guy" in the backcourt of those Spurs teams. Kobe literally abused Terry Porter, Danny Ferry and Antonio Daniels, and this was with Pop employing his "let the second star get his" strategy (did the same to Amare with the Suns). :eek:

There's no point even trying to debate with them. If you say Duncan had less help they'll tell you he played with 3 HoFers in 2003, whereas Kobe only played with one in 2010. :facepalm

Why would Popovich employ a strategy that allows Kobe to destroy them if it ends in loss after loss in Duncan's prime. Is he a moron?

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 08:34 AM
Why would Popovich employ a strategy that allows Kobe to destroy them if it ends in loss after loss in Duncan's prime. Is he a moron?

Hmmm...maybe because the Spurs were totally outmatched in the first place? How the hell could Duncan and role player be expected to be Shaq, Kobe and role players, especially when Duncan's second option went down in one series and Robinson missed half of the other?

IllegalD
06-13-2014, 08:37 AM
Hmmm...maybe because the Spurs were totally outmatched in the first place? How the hell could Duncan and role player be expected to be Shaq, Kobe and role players, especially when Duncan's second option went down in one series and Robinson missed half of the other?

Bynum and Ariza missed the 2008 series, yet Kobe still destroyed the Spurs.

Malone played injured in 2004, Lakers still beat Spurs.

No Kobe or Nash in 2013, Spurs win, Lakers still lead the rivalry series 4-3.

In 2003 Kobe tore his shoulder in the first round which required off-season surgery, Lakers still almost pulled it off.

Warfan
06-13-2014, 08:39 AM
"Kobe the Spurs killer"

Duncan never repeated?

:kobe:

Ferry, 40 year old Terry Porter, Antonio Daniels doe :oldlol:

Jlamb47
06-13-2014, 08:40 AM
99-Robinson

03-Duncan

05-Manu

07-Parker

14-Leonard

umad

Lol robinson???
your so funny bro

NBASTATMAN
06-13-2014, 08:41 AM
It has been 5>4 for a few years now, but that will be gone, so what is the new method for ranking Kobe over Duncan? It obviously isn't FMVPs or MVPs.

Duncan the best since MJ.. Kobe is second... I am strictly speaking about careers.. In his Prime , Shaq was vastly superior to either of these guys..

NBASTATMAN
06-13-2014, 08:50 AM

kobestans are the dumbest , no need to argue.. No matter who wins these Finals they are going to lose.. :roll:

Duncan has more MVP's , As many titles after this title, and better defensively by a wide margin..

STATUTORY
06-13-2014, 08:53 AM
kobestans are the dumbest , no need to argue.. No matter who wins these Finals they are going to lose.. :roll:

Duncan has more MVP's , As many titles after this title, and better defensively by a wide margin..
what's saltier? the cheetos dust on ur fingers or the tear stained pillowcases after watching bran choke again last night?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kobe > Duncan, it aint even close outside of a few forums

NBASTATMAN
06-13-2014, 08:53 AM
how many GQ covers does Duncan have?

in term of culture impact. it aint even close

Duncan is a footnote of the Kobe era

Dude you are reaching, this is too funny.. Kobe is better than Bron on a career basis and that is not debatable. But at this point Duncan has def passed Kobe on career basis..

DMAVS41
06-13-2014, 08:57 AM
Some of the arguments here are just terrible...

Head to head? In which Kobe doesn't even play the same position and Duncan had to deal with prime/peak Shaq for like 25 of the 30 playoff games they've played against each other...and had his own sg (manu) injured in the other matchup?

ROFL...

Duncan deserves to easily be ranked over Kobe at this point after these last 3 years now.

Duncan's play in this finals is better than Kobe's was in 00 anyway...put it this way. Duncan couldn't put up 16/5/4 41% TS like Kobe did and still win.

Duncan could still win fmvp with a great game 5 if the Spurs were to win it...he's at 16/11/2 62% TS

Dro
06-13-2014, 08:58 AM
I didn't even know people actually ranked Kobe over Duncan, lol....Ish gets more surprising every day.....Greatest PF of all time yet he somehow ranks lower than Kobe, rofl...

IllegalD
06-13-2014, 09:02 AM
Who cares? :confusedshrug:

The most important thing is that both Duncan AND Kobe are better than LeBron, Wade, and Dirk. :cheers:

Duncan/Kobe, post-Jordan GOATs. :bowdown:

NBASTATMAN
06-13-2014, 09:12 AM

The most important thing is that both Duncan AND Kobe are better than LeBron, Wade, and Dirk. :cheers:

I agree 100% but we are comparing Kobe and Duncan the two best since MJ.. In that battle Duncan clearly comes ahead.. :rockon:

Mr Feeny
06-13-2014, 09:17 AM

Ooh:

Duncan 3/4 FMVPs, 2 MVPS
Lebron 2 FMVPS, 4 MVPs
Kobe 2 FMVPS, 1 MVP

:eek:
Duncan and Lebron
>>>>.
Kobe

They are just leaving Kobe in their wake by now:bowdown:

GimmeThat
06-13-2014, 09:19 AM
if the Spurs win. Duncan is probably top 5.

best PF to ever play the game.
unless he himself considers him as a Center.

I guess maybe it helps him mentally to be ranked higher as a PF
even though many players would probably call him a Center.

IllegalD
06-13-2014, 09:21 AM
Ooh:

Duncan 3/4 FMVPs, 2 MVPS
Lebron 2 FMVPS, 4 MVPs
Kobe 2 FMVPS, 1 MVP

:eek:
Duncan and Lebron
>>>>.
Kobe

They are just leaving Kobe in their wake by now:bowdown:

Duncan, soon to be 5-1 Finals.

Kobe, 5-2 in Finals.

LeBron, soon to be 2-5 in FInals.

:roll: @ you using regular season MVPs. A media-picked award, who have been trying to shove the LeBron d*ck down our throats for over a decade now.

I guess Nash (2 reg season MVPs) is better than Kobe or Shaq (2 reg season MVPs combined)

LeBron stans in full meltdown mode. :lol

Mr Feeny
06-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Duncan, soon to be 5-1 Finals.

Kobe, 5-2 in Finals.

LeBron, soon to be 2-5 in FInals.

:roll: @ you using regular season MVPs. A media-picked award, who have been trying to shove the LeBron d*ck down our throats for over a decade now.

I guess Nash (2 reg season MVPs) is better than Kobe or Shaq (2 reg season MVPs combined)

LeBron stans in full meltdown mode. :lol

Aww what do their team records in finals have to do with the individuals?

Duncan and LeBron are the two greatest players since Jordan. Cry me a river:lol

Mr Feeny
06-13-2014, 09:27 AM
if the Spurs win. Duncan is probably top 5.

best PF to ever play the game.
unless he himself considers him as a Center.

I guess maybe it helps him mentally to be ranked higher as a PF
even though many players would probably call him a Center.

Agreed with this. I have him 5th all time if they win.

IllegalD
06-13-2014, 09:35 AM

:roll: worst finals for Kobe haters/LEBron stans. :lol :lol

NBASTATMAN
06-13-2014, 09:39 AM

Hate Kobe all you want but you cannot put Lebron over Kobe in career terms.. Maybe in the future but not now.. Can't do it...

robert_shaww
06-13-2014, 09:43 AM
99-Robinson

03-Duncan

05-Manu

07-Parker

14-Leonard

umad

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Mr Feeny
06-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Hate Kobe all you want but you cannot put Lebron over Kobe in career terms.. Maybe in the future but not now.. Can't do it...

You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree. As an individual player, he's simple ahead of Kobe in my opinion. Team accomplishments i.e. championships aren't the end-all, be-all for me. Otherwise, Horry > Jordan.

Statistically speaking he's miles ahead of Kobe, averaging higher ppg, apg, rpg, fg%, 3fg%, spg and bpg.
More, MVPs and the same amount of FMVPs puts him ahead in my opinion.

It's important to realize that he isn't even close to done too. He's only 29 afterall.

GimmeThat
06-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Agreed with this. I have him 5th all time if they win.

and who's your 4 ahead of him as well as 5 below him.

Mr Feeny
06-13-2014, 09:52 AM
and who's your 4 ahead of him as well as 5 below him.

1-MJ
2-Russell*
3-Kareem
4-Magic
5-Duncan
6-Bird
7-Shaq
8-Hakeem
9-Lebron
10-Wilt*

*Russell and Wilt were before our time and none of us really watched enough of them to have an accurate picture of where they should rank. So you can discard those two from my list if you feel that their rankings don't reflect their actual standings. 11 championships just gift you a place on the Mt.Rushmore, don't they? But as i said, Lazerus etc would have a better background on those two than I do.

What would your top ten look like?

EricForman
06-13-2014, 09:56 AM
Some people here say Duncan is better than Kobe yet Kobe destroyed the Spurs in their meetings in the Playoffs except for 1999 and 2003. Kobe was a Spurs killer. And the Lakers beat the Spurs 4 times and Spurs only beat them twice. So Kobe > Duncan.

"Except for 99 and 2003"... Yeah because Duncan killed the more talented on paper Lakers in those years with insane numbers.

Actually, I looke at Duncan's numbers in the two years he lost to prime Shaq/Kobe too, and I'm laughing at this notion from Kobe fans that Kobe owned Duncan in those years, lol

jongib369
06-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Don't see how anyone can rank a guard over a big that's GOAT at his position when Kobe isn't even the best at his. Kobe is an amazing player and gets disrespected by a lot of people on this board....But arguments like Duncan was carried while ignoring Kobe was also is just laughable.....What's Duncans finals stats?

Kobe Bryant career Finals statistics
24.7 PPG 5.2 RPG 5.0 APG 1.75 SPG 0.89 BPG 323-784 FG 41.1% 213-248 85.8% FT

Assuming it's better than that?

"Kobe Bryant has shot 40.5 % or under in four out his six NBA Finals appearances (Around 36% in his first and 38% in his fourth appearance). How many all time greats have shot 40.5% or under once, let alone four times in the NBA Finals? Also keep in mind that in three of those four in which he shot that poorly, Shaq, not him, was the one being double teamed."

Even IF Duncan somehow doesn't get his fifth this year that alone nulls the whole 5>4 argument.

Just to say, FG% isn't AS important as some make it out to be......Even my favorite player Wilt had his FG% drop...But he was still making over half the shots he took....When you're a SHOOTING guard that drop means more IMO

annbafan
06-13-2014, 10:02 AM
Bryant is simply a better player.

pegasus
06-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Even Duncan would tell you that Kobe has been the better player with the better career. On the other hand... Duncan >>> Lebron

Rocketswin2013
06-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Kobe has no case over Duncan's elite two way ability, longevity, consistency, durability and accolades.

Dro
06-13-2014, 10:23 AM
Don't see how anyone can rank a guard over a big that's GOAT at his position when Kobe isn't even the best at his. Kobe is an amazing player and gets disrespected by a lot of people on this board....But arguments like Duncan was carried while ignoring Kobe was also is just laughable.....What's Duncans finals stats?

"Kobe Bryant has shot 40.5 % or under in four out his six NBA Finals appearances (Around 36% in his first and 38% in his fourth appearance). How many all time greats have shot 40.5% or under once, let alone four times in the NBA Finals? Also keep in mind that in three of those four in which he shot that poorly, Shaq, not him, was the one being double teamed."

Even IF Duncan somehow doesn't get his fifth this year that alone nulls the whole 5>4 argument.

Just to say, FG% isn't AS important as some make it out to be......Even my favorite player Wilt had his FG% drop...But he was still making over half the shots he took....When you're a SHOOTING guard that drop means more IMO
This.......

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Even Duncan would tell you that Kobe has been the better player with the better career. On the other hand... Duncan >>> Lebron

He also didn't care that some guy told him John Stcokton was a better player.

All about the team. Could give a shit about "legacies" like "The Black Mamba" and "The King." :oldlol: :oldlol:

AlphaWolf24
06-13-2014, 12:19 PM

:facepalm

very few posters have tru BBALL IQ ...

- This whole " FG%" agenda is Bunk....not sure why Miami/Coach Spo/DWade and Bron keep talking about efficiency or FG%

that is not how you win....difference in 50% and 45% is 1 F'ing shot!

now back on topic.....

- Kobe vs Duncan.....the greatest SG of his generation vs the greatest PF/C of his generation :confusedshrug:

- Two different positions with two separate skillsets/responsibilities :confusedshrug:

- It basically comes down to personal preference....much like Michael Jordan or Bill Russell? ( In fact that comparison is eerily similar to TD vs KB)

- seems like most fans would take MJ over Russell ( although you can't go wrong with either one)....because MJ had a better offensive skillset.....Kobe has a better offensive skillset then Duncan....

so here we are.

- Duncan IMO is the greatest "leader" I have seen.....better then Magic, Bird and MJ.....I think that is his greatest attribute. putting him over Kobe is definatley debatable.

INDI
06-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Also kobe lost his FMVPs to another top 10 player. Only other top 10 duo this happened with was KAJ and Magic but Magic never gets knocked for it. KDuncan currently is on a path to lose his FMVP to Kawhi who is not even a top 100 player, he already lost one to parker

INDI
06-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Kobe has no case over Duncan's elite two way ability, longevity, consistency, durability and accolades.

Uhmmmm Kobe is tied alltime for most Defensive team selections ( we already know about his offense) I would say thats as 2way as it gets.

Duncan will probably retire before Kobe does

kobe's consistency is amazing. 17 years in and he was still one of the top scorers in the league before the achilles

Kobe has taken way more abuse to his body due to his acrobatic style of play and has played with more injuries than any other player in league history

and as far as accolades I wont even begin to post thay because its too much snd you was probably trolling. Duncan has 1 Mvp ROY and FMVP over kobe, the rest kobe kills Duncan on.

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 01:51 PM
So the greatest PF of all time never won back-to-back championships? Hmmmmm....

HOoopCityJones
06-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Only reason Kobe isn't the best at his position is because the GOAT is Micheal Jefferey Jordan. This shouldn't be ignored.

Had MJ been a PG or SF, basically two inches shorter or taller, then this guy would be the GOAT SG.

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 02:15 PM
Uhmmmm Kobe is tied alltime for most Defensive team selections ( we already know about his offense) I would say thats as 2way as it gets.

Duncan will probably retire before Kobe does

kobe's consistency is amazing. 17 years in and he was still one of the top scorers in the league before the achilles

Kobe has taken way more abuse to his body due to his acrobatic style of play and has played with more injuries than any other player in league history

and as far as accolades I wont even begin to post thay because its too much snd you was probably trolling. Duncan has 1 Mvp ROY and FMVP over kobe, the rest kobe kills Duncan on.

So Duncan has more MVPs, Finals MVPs, All-Defensive teams and overall MVP shares, and Kobe has more accolades? Do tell.

Also, explain Kobe's two-way ability from 05-13. Not the defensive selections, what he was actually doing to be the two way player you claim he is.

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 02:24 PM
So Duncan has more MVPs, Finals MVPs, All-Defensive teams and overall MVP shares, and Kobe has more accolades? Do tell.

Also, explain Kobe's two-way ability from 05-13. Not the defensive selections, what he was actually doing to be the two way player you claim he is.

Have you ever watched a Lakers vs Spurs playoff series in your life?

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Have you ever watched a Lakers vs Spurs playoff series in your life?

What does that have to do with my post?

AlphaWolf24
06-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Definatley 2 top 6 players alltime....

pretty amazing we got to be alive and watch their careers. ( whole careers for me)

Got to be alive to watch prime Magic , Dr.J and Bird, all of MJ's career , all of Kobe and Duncan's.( and the greats in between like Barkley , Dream etc)

sad I never got to see Russell , Baylor or Wilt.

IMO I got HOF viewership under my belt...def top 20.

stalkerforlife
06-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Not that it determines anything, but Kobe is 18-12 against Duncan in the playoffs. He averages 28.2ppg, 5.9rpg, and 4.7apg. He shoots 47.3 from the field, which is the exact same as Duncan against Kobe. Duncan is a center, though. Kobe's obviously better from 3 and the FT line.

Just food for thought.

hawke812
06-13-2014, 02:45 PM

No new method. It is still: Kobe>Duncan. Or Duncan <Kobe. Whichever you prefer.

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Not that it determines anything, but Kobe is 18-12 against Duncan in the playoffs. He averages 28.2ppg, 5.9rpg, and 4.7apg. He shoots 47.3 from the field, which is the exact same as Duncan against Kobe. Duncan is a center, though. Kobe's obviously better from 3 and the FT line.

Just food for thought.

Duncan averages 25.2 / 13.6 / 4.2 / 0.9 / 2.3 against Kobe in the Playoffs.

He shoots .100 worse from the 3, and .025 worse from the line.

The two are very evenly matched, but Kobe was usually playing on faster paced teams with the best or second best player in the league. Duncan was pretty much the entire offense of those early Spurs teams, especially after Duncan's second option went down in 01.

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 02:46 PM
No new method. It is still: Duncan>Kobe. Or Kobe <Duncan. Whichever you prefer.

Absolutely agreed. :cheers:

DMAVS41
06-13-2014, 02:46 PM
Duncan averages 25.2 / 13.6 / 4.2 / 0.9 / 2.3 against Kobe in the Playoffs.

He shoots .100 worse from the 3, and .025 worse from the line.

The two are very evenly matched, but Kobe was usually playing on faster paced teams with the best or second best player in the league. Duncan was pretty much the entire offense of those early Spurs teams, especially after Duncan's second option went down in 01.

The two are very evenly matched against each other.

The guy was dealing with prime/peak Shaq in 25 of those games...and had his 2nd best player go down in the 01 series and in 08...Manu (the guys playing sg vs Kobe) was hurt.

LOL

HOoopCityJones
06-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Well, at least we know Dirk isn't better than either of them.

SOD 21
06-13-2014, 02:49 PM
Tim Duncan pretty much admitted that he is nothing more than a role player at this stage of his career.

San Antonio winning the championship this year is much more like the Detroit Pistons in 2004 in which there wasn't really any dominant player. On any given night their best player could be Duncan, Manu, Tony Parker, Diaw, Leonard, Green or someone else.

This championship is about San Antonio's great coach, system and deep roster, not any one particular player.

A great team but no one individual player stands out.

hawke812
06-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Absolutely agreed. :cheers:

But that is not what I wrote:no:

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 02:52 PM
The guy was dealing with prime/peak Shaq in 25 of those games...and had his 2nd best player go down in the 01 series and in 08...Manu (the guys playing sg vs Kobe) was hurt.

LOL

Exactly! If you want to do it series-by-series, Duncan outplayed Kobe in 99, 02 and 03. Kobe outplayed Duncan in 01, 04 and 08.

This whole "Kobe destroys the Spurs" thing is hilarious. He destroyed them twice, once without a single competent backcourt player, and again with a hobbled Manu, though I would still say 08 Kobe was on another level (he played incredible).

Here's Duncan vs Lakers in 02: 29/17/5/3. His next best player put up 14/2/5. Nobody else scored more than 10 per game.

His teams were just totally outmatched.

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 02:54 PM
Tim Duncan pretty much admitted that he is nothing more than a role player at this stage of his career.

San Antonio winning the championship this year is much more like the Detroit Pistons in 2004 in which there wasn't really any dominant player. On any given night their best player could be Duncan, Manu, Tony Parker, Diaw, Leonard, Green or someone else.

This championship is about San Antonio's great coach, system and deep roster, not any one particular player.

A great team but no one individual player stands out.

Agreed...but like I said: the people who are saying "Duncan>Kobe" already did before the season. Duncan winning his 5th just stops the "ringz" argument, because Duncan right now can be argued to be better than 2000 Kobe (I'm giving the Kobe edge, but not by much).

:confusedshrug:

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Exactly! If you want to do it series-by-series, Duncan outplayed Kobe in 99, 02 and 03. Kobe outplayed Duncan in 01, 04 and 08.

This whole "Kobe destroys the Spurs" thing is hilarious. He destroyed them twice, once without a single competent backcourt player, and again with a hobbled Manu, though I would still say 08 Kobe was on another level (he played incredible).

Here's Duncan vs Lakers in 02: 29/17/5/3. His next best player put up 14/2/5. Nobody else scored more than 10 per game.

His teams were just totally outmatched.

You obviously never watched those playoff games.

Duncan was better in 2002? :oldlol: You mean the series where the Spurs had the lead going into the 4th quarter of every game and lost 4-1?

Kobe Takes Control, Lakers Take Series Lead
http://www.nba.com/games/20020510/LALSAS/recap.html

Kobe Continues to be Thorn in Spurs' Side
http://www.nba.com/games/20020512/LALSAS/recap.html

The Los Angeles Lakers used a familiar formula to get back to the Western Conference finals: Kobe Bryant making shots in the fourth quarter and the San Antonio Spurs missing them.
http://www.nba.com/games/20020514/SASLAL/recap.html

SOD 21
06-13-2014, 02:59 PM
Agreed...but like I said: the people who are saying "Duncan>Kobe" already did before the season. Duncan winning his 5th just stops the "ringz" argument, because Duncan right now can be argued to be better than 2000 Kobe (I'm giving the Kobe edge, but not by much).

:confusedshrug:

The most remarkable revelation about San Antonio in their championship run this season, yes I'm saying is over, is that Boris Diaw has been the absolute difference maker against both Oklahoma City and Miami. I never would've seen that coming earlier this year. He causes of all types of mismatches and his passing destroys defenses.

I know this is off-topic for this thread but that still blows me away.

moe94
06-13-2014, 03:00 PM
"eye test"

That's it? Damn.

AirFederer
06-13-2014, 03:00 PM

You talking about the Chuck Test?

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 03:02 PM
You obviously never watched those playoff games.

Duncan was better in 2002? :oldlol:

Kobe Takes Control, Lakers Take Series Lead
http://www.nba.com/games/20020510/LALSAS/recap.html

Kobe Continues to be Thorn in Spurs' Side
http://www.nba.com/games/20020512/LALSAS/recap.html

The Los Angeles Lakers used a familiar formula to get back to the Western Conference finals: Kobe Bryant making shots in the fourth quarter and the San Antonio Spurs missing them.
http://www.nba.com/games/20020514/SASLAL/recap.html

Of course when you're the victorious team you're the one who is getting the articles published. But 26/5/5/1 on .486 TS% does not beat 29/17/5/1/3 on .517 TS%, especially when you consider that Duncan was pretty much the entire Spurs offense.

I watched the series. Duncan was a better player than Kobe that year and in that series. He had an underwhelming cast.

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Of course when you're the victorious team you're the one who is getting the articles published. But 26/5/5/1 on .486 TS% does not beat 29/17/5/1/3 on .517 TS%, especially when you consider that Duncan was pretty much the entire Spurs offense.

I watched the series. Duncan was a better player than Kobe that year and in that series. He had an underwhelming cast.

But 486 TS% DID beat 517 TS%?

Articles get published regardless who wins or lose. The facts don't change.

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 03:12 PM
Game 3

Kobe Bryant simply was perfect in the fourth quarter. Bryant scored 11 of his 31 points in the final 12 minutes on 5-of-5 shooting as the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the San Antonio Spurs, 99-89, and grabbed a 2-1 lead in their best-of-seven Western Conference semifinal series.

Game 4

For the second straight game, the Lakers shut down the Spurs, rallied behind Bryant and stunned a huge Alamodome crowd. Just as he was Friday, Bryant was phenomenal in the fourth quarter, scoring 12 of his 28 points. In the last three minutes, he drilled two 3-pointers to tie the game before making the game-winner that extended the Lakers' NBA-record playoff road winning streak to 11 games.

Game 5

The Los Angeles Lakers used a familiar formula to get back to the Western Conference finals: Kobe Bryant making shots in the fourth quarter and the San Antonio Spurs missing them. Bryant scored 26 points and again starred down the stretch and the Lakers dispatched the sputtering Spurs in five games with a 93-87 victory.

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 03:14 PM
But 486 TS% DID beat 517 TS%?

Articles get published regardless who wins or lose. The facts don't change.

No, Kobe's stacked team beat Duncan's mediocre one.

Duncan's production alone is far more impressive than Kobe's.

Did Raja Ball outplay Kobe in 06? The Lakers choked a 3-1 series lead, much like the Spurs choked 4th quarter leads. You see how stupid that sounds? Sometimes, the best player on the floor is on the losing team. It's happening to LeBron right now.

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 03:15 PM

Did Raja Ball outplay Kobe in 06? The Lakers choked a 3-1 series lead, much like the Spurs choked 4th quarter leads. You see how stupid that sounds? Sometimes, the best player on the floor is on the losing team. It's happening to LeBron right now.

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Funny how those articles don't refer to a stacked team anywhere... Seems like Kobe was just doing work and nobody could stop him.

Of course it would have helped if Duncan hadn't missed free throws, bricked shots, and turned the ball over so much during crunch time. :cheers:

ThePhantomCreep
06-13-2014, 03:20 PM

The Spurs were a 58-win team, same as the Lakers. How that loss comparable to the 7th seed 2006 Lakers losing to the Suns?

ThePhantomCreep
06-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Yeah, if anyone had the luxury of playing on mostly stacked teams his entire career, it's Duncan.

Bernkastel
06-13-2014, 03:22 PM
"Kobe > Duncan"?

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 03:23 PM
The Spurs were a 58-win team, same as the Lakers. How that loss comparable to the 7th seed 2006 Lakers losing to the Suns?

Yes, the regular season, the part of the season where teams can beat up on mediocre/bad teams, is a real reflection of how good teams are.

2000-2002 Spurs were mediocre. They had no chance against those Lakers teams. Realistically they should not have won in 2003, as the Lakers were again the favourites before the season and the Playoffs.

You people underrate superstar power. How many times have two top 5 players not been favoured in a series?

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 03:25 PM

Two of the top 5 players in the league = more stacked than comprehendable.

Meanwhile Duncan had the luxury of Derek Anderson, Steve Smith, Antonio Daniels and Tony Parker. The fact that Duncan managed to win it in 03 is a miracle. That's something maybe only one or two other players could have done, with Kobe not being one of them (ala never winning without either the best player in the league or another star big man). Kobe without another star has literally done nothing. Duncan didn't have one from 01-03 and he made deep Playoff runs and won a championship.

NumberSix
06-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Let's be honest here though. Duncan is riding coattails to his 5th ring. Ring #5 changes nothing in the Duncan/Kobe discussion.

That being said, Duncan was already comfortably ahead of Kobe.

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Yes, the regular season, the part of the season where teams can beat up on mediocre/bad teams, is a real reflection of how good teams are.

2000-2002 Spurs were mediocre. They had no chance against those Lakers teams. Realistically they should not have won in 2003, as the Lakers were again the favourites before the season and the Playoffs.

You people underrate superstar power. How many times have two top 5 players not been favoured in a series?

Yet the Spurs (who were severely over-matched) led every game going into the 4th quarter. Hmmmmm....

And the SUPER productive, Tim Duncan (King of the TS) failed to produce in the 4th quarter.... Interesting

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Let's be honest here though. Duncan is riding coattails to his 5th ring. Ring #5 changes nothing in the Duncan/Kobe discussion.

That being said, Duncan was already comfortably ahead of Kobe.

Whose, exactly? Second leading scorer, leading rebounder and shotblocker, 1st in PER, Win Shares and second in WS/48.

It's a total team effort, with Duncan easily being the best or second best Spur this postseason.

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Two of the top 5 players in the league = more stacked than comprehendable.

Meanwhile Duncan had the luxury of Derek Anderson, Steve Smith, Antonio Daniels and Tony Parker. The fact that Duncan managed to win it in 03 is a miracle. That's something maybe only one or two other players could have done, with Kobe not being one of them (ala never winning without either the best player in the league or another star big man). Kobe without another star has literally done nothing. Duncan didn't have one from 01-03 and he made deep Playoff runs and won a championship.

So Kobe stacked himself? :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
06-13-2014, 03:31 PM
It's sad when your only argument is the eye test :lol

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Yet the Spurs (who were severely over-matched) led every game going into the 4th quarter. Hmmmmm....

And the SUPER productive, Tim Duncan (King of the TS) failed to produce in the 4th quarter.... Interesting

Yes, they lead before the 4th quarter because they had the best player in the league. :facepalm

He did have some 4th quarter meltdowns, but he played better than Kobe did. Simple as that. Without Duncan's production his team aren't even closing to leading the game with 12 minutes to go. His second leading scorer was averaging 13.8 per game, on 41% shooting.

It's not like this matters anyway. Duncan with more MVPs and Finals MVPs, all without the luxury of a player significantly better than himself, cements his place over Kobe. Better peak, prime, longevity and intangibles. Kobe has the h2h though. :cheers:

bigkingsfan
06-13-2014, 03:35 PM
It's not like this matters anyway. Duncan with more MVPs and Finals MVPs, all without the luxury of a player significantly better than him, cements him over Kobe. Better peak, prime, longevity and intangibles. Kobe has the h2h though. :cheers:
Spurs looks like they have another chance at a ring or two, while Kobe won't even make the playoffs.

NumberSix
06-13-2014, 03:35 PM
Whose, exactly? Second leading scorer, leading rebounder and shotblocker, 1st in PER, Win Shares and second in WS/48.

It's a total team effort, with Duncan easily being the best or second best Spur this postseason.
He's not riding any 1 dominant players coattails. The team is very evenly spread. I just don't think it makes any difference whether Duncan is on the floor of Splitter is.

He's one of their best players, but in honesty, his contributions are no greater than Diaw's of Danny Green's.

NumberSix
06-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Spurs looks like they have another chance at a ring or two, while Kobe won't even make the playoffs.
My guess is Timmy makes his exit on this high note. I don't think he's coming back.

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 03:38 PM
My guess is Timmy makes his exit on this high note. I don't think he's coming back.

He's definitely coming back. Manu and Parker both think he is, and Duncan has said he'll retire when he feels he isn't contributing.

I can see him playing another year with Manu and Pop and then hanging it up.

Carbine
06-13-2014, 03:38 PM
He's not riding any 1 dominant players coattails. The team is very evenly spread. I just don't think it makes any difference whether Duncan is on the floor of Splitter is.

He's one of their best players, but in honesty, his contributions are no greater than Diaw's of Danny Green's.

LOL this place is a joke. I can't believe I read that Danny ****ing Green has been just as important as Duncan has been these playoffs.

Lord have mercy.

NumberSix
06-13-2014, 03:39 PM
LOL this place is a joke. I can't believe I read that Danny ****ing Green has been just as important as Duncan has been these playoffs.

Lord have mercy.
Watch the actual games. Danny green has been huge defensively.

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 03:40 PM

That's fair, but that doesn't really sound like "riding coattails". That sounds like a team effort with Tim being one of the leaders, much like the players on that 04 Pistons squad.

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 03:42 PM
Yes, they lead before the 4th quarter because they had the best player in the league. :facepalm

Hold up.... I thought Shaq was the best player in the league at the time? Now you're saying Timmie was :confusedshrug:

He did have some 4th quarter meltdowns, but he played better than Kobe did. Simple as that. Without Duncan's production his team aren't even closing to leading the game with 12 minutes to go. His second leading scorer was averaging 13.8 per game, on 41% shooting.

Facts say otherwise. Without Kobe, Spurs would have won all of those games.

It's not like this matters anyway. Duncan with more MVPs and Finals MVPs, all without the luxury of a player significantly better than himself, cements his place over Kobe. Better peak, prime, longevity and intangibles. Kobe has the h2h though. :cheers:

Guess not when you go around making up -ish....

bigkingsfan
06-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Watch the actual games. Danny green has been huge defensively.
He average 23 mins and 9 ppg. GTFO at being at Duncan's level.

ThePhantomCreep
06-13-2014, 03:44 PM

Yeah, because regular season records rarely determine how good a team is. Isn't that right, best-record-in-the-NBA 2014 Spurs?

Duncan throughout his career was on teams that consistently won 55+ with him sleepwalking through the regular season, yet I'm supposed to believe that every time they lost they were nothing but scrubs? Duncan homers are LeBron-esque with their excuses.

chopchop20
06-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Yeah, because regular season records rarely determine how good a team is. Isn't that right, best-record-in-the-NBA 2014 Spurs?

Duncan throughout his career was on teams that consistently won 55+ with him sleepwalking through the regular season, yet I'm supposed to believe that every time they lost they were nothing but scrubs? Duncan homers are LeBron-esque with their excuses.

:applause:

Droid101
06-13-2014, 03:55 PM
TLP is a bitch. Kobe wrecked the Spurs in historic fashion in 2001. The greatest margin of defeat in a Conference Finals series in the history of Basketball.

Doctor Rivers
06-13-2014, 03:56 PM
Team accomplishments i.e. championships aren't the end-all, be-all for me. Otherwise, Horry > Jordan.

Horry still wouldn't be greater than Jordan.

NumberSix
06-13-2014, 03:58 PM
That's fair, but that doesn't really sound like "riding coattails". That sounds like a team effort with Tim being one of the leaders, much like the players on that 04 Pistons squad.
Fair enough.

GODbe
06-13-2014, 03:59 PM
One is a boring ass roleplayer that nobody enjoys watching, the other is the most skilled player of all time and is capable of winning multiple championships with the likes of :facepalm Pau Gasoft:facepalm alongside him.

No matter how many more rings Popovich and co carry Duncan to, the masses will remember Kobe as the superior player.

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 04:03 PM
One is a boring ass roleplayer that nobody enjoys watching, the other is the most skilled player of all time and is capable of winning multiple championships with the likes of Pau Gasoft alongside him.

No matter how many more rings Popovich and co carry Duncan to, the masses will remember Kobe as the superior player.

Well, don't forget about the greatest coach ever, PJAX.

Straight_Ballin
06-13-2014, 04:12 PM

Take it easy on these kobe stans. They can't follow sound logic like this

JellyBean
06-13-2014, 04:59 PM

I do not worry so much about the rings. To me, why I have Kobe out ranking Duncan is based on work ethic. Do folks forget that Kobe was the 13th pick in the NBA draft? In the history of the NBA, how many late picks manage to stay in the league as long as Kobe has and achieve the level of excellence that Kobe has? Do folks forget that his own teammates (Lakers) tried to stall Kobe's growth? Think about that for a minute. You had players that did not want this young man to shine. They did not even want Kobe shooting more than five times in a game!!! (This came from several books on Kobe's rookie season and first 2-3 years in the league).*

I am not saying that Tim Duncan is not a hard worker. I am sure that he is probably one of the hardest working dudes out there. But to me, that 13th pick in the 1996 NBA draft, Kobe, had to overachieve, just to gain some level of respect in the league. That is why I have that young man out ranking Tim Duncan. Plus can Kobe really get away with only scoring 10 points in a NBA Finals game without getting trashed?

HurricaneKid
06-13-2014, 05:02 PM
99-Robinson

05-Manu

umad

uridiculous

Doranku
06-13-2014, 05:03 PM
Duncan was already ahead of Kobe before the year even started.

DetroitPistonFan
06-13-2014, 05:16 PM
Back in the late 80's and early 90's, people couldn't decide who the best player was. Michael or Magic. Mike won his first NBA MVP. People debated on who's the best. Until they finally met in the '91 Finals. Jordan's Bulls beat Magic's Lakers. That determined who was king. People wanted Kobe and the Lakers vs. LeBron and the Cavs or Heat in the Finals for years. Just to settle the debate on who's the king of this era. If Lakers won, Kobe fans, Lakers fans and other NBA fans would he's better than LeBron. Vice versa with LeBron fans, Heat fans and other NBA fans if LeBron won. It's the same thing with Lakers vs. Spurs. Kobe beat Duncan's Spurs. Kobe > Duncan.

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Back in the late 80's and early 90's, people couldn't decide who the best player was. Michael or Magic. Mike won his first NBA MVP. People debated on who's the best. Until they finally met in the '91 Finals. Jordan's Bulls beat Magic's Lakers. That determined who was king. People wanted Kobe and the Lakers vs. LeBron and the Cavs or Heat in the Finals for years. Just to settle the debate on who's the king of this era. If Lakers won, Kobe fans, Lakers fans and other NBA fans would he's better than LeBron. Vice versa with LeBron fans, Heat fans and other NBA fans if LeBron won. It's the same thing with Lakers vs. Spurs. Kobe beat Duncan's Spurs. Kobe > Duncan.

But it wasn't even Kobe's team for 5 of them. :facepalm

The Shaq/Duncan rivalry must have been forgotten. Those two ran the league in the early 2000s.

DirkLegend41
06-13-2014, 05:52 PM
But it wasn't even Kobe's team for 5 of them. :facepalm

The Shaq/Duncan rivalry must have been forgotten. Those two ran the league in the early 2000s.
All 5 of them? Kobe was the man in '08 - '10. Of course Shaq was the man in '00 - '04 but Kobe did more damage to the Spurs in the early '00's than Shaq did. Shaq struggled against the Spurs. And Kobe was considered one of the best early on in '00's.

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 05:58 PM
All 5 of them? Kobe was the man in '08 - '10. Of course Shaq was the man in '00 - '04 but Kobe did more damage to the Spurs in the early '00's than Shaq did. Shaq struggled against the Spurs. And Kobe was considered one of the best early on in '00's.

5 of the 6 Kobe vs. Spurs series. It was Shaq's team, no, Shaq's league for much of that time.

Shaq had to go up against Duncan and Robinson, whilst Kobe was going up against Danny Ferry and Antonio Daniels. And Popovich specifically devised a gameplan that let Kobe get his (he did the same to Amare).

No doubt Kobe outperformed Shaq, but the mere fact that there is debate for someone being better than Kobe says it all. Duncan was far and away the best Spur in everyone of those Lakers/Spurs series with Shaq on the floor.

r0drig0lac
06-13-2014, 06:56 PM
Duncan is already ahead of kobe ​​since 2003
fixed

AlphaWolf24
06-13-2014, 07:00 PM
5 of the 6 Kobe vs. Spurs series. It was Shaq's team, no, Shaq's league for much of that time.

Shaq had to go up against Duncan and Robinson, whilst Kobe was going up against Danny Ferry and Antonio Daniels. And Popovich specifically devised a gameplan that let Kobe get his (he did the same to Amare).

No doubt Kobe outperformed Shaq, but the mere fact that there is debate for someone being better than Kobe says it all. Duncan was far and away the best Spur in everyone of those Lakers/Spurs series with Shaq on the floor.

GTFO...Kobe was raping the spurs left and right.

it was the Kobe and Shaq lakers....

again I say....who's team was it?......Snaq left not Kobe.

Kobe was straight Moppin the floor with black and silver!

33PPG 7REB 7AST Kobe was the one bending you guys over the hotel chair and putting his crotch in yer face.

lefthook00
06-13-2014, 07:11 PM
You're forgetting that Kobe used to regularly scorch Bruce Bowen, one of the best perimeter man-to-man defenders of his era, who also shut down LeBron badly.

DonDadda59
06-13-2014, 07:11 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/0b51b9ac044e062857f4d4a26effca1a/tumblr_mkxkvhe54v1rc113po1_250.gif

T_L_P
06-13-2014, 07:29 PM
The GOAT of his era

http://i.imgur.com/y641ZYr.jpg

Quiet, unassuming, but a competitor of the highest nature...a guy who does things the right way. Bow down to the self-titled snakes and queens if you wish, for this man is pure class. :bowdown:

DonDadda59
06-13-2014, 07:30 PM
The GOAT of his era

http://i.imgur.com/y641ZYr.jpg

Quiet, unassuming, but a competitor of the highest nature...a guy who does things the right way. Bow down to the self-titled snakes and queens if you wish, for this man is pure class. :bowdown:

The Michael Jordan of this era :bowdown:

FlashDwyaneWade3
06-13-2014, 07:32 PM
The Michael Jordan of this era :bowdown:
Jordan wouldn't help his opponents up during playoff time.

longtime lurker
06-13-2014, 08:01 PM
The time for Duncan to hop into the top 5 was last year. Now if the Spurs go on to win Duncan and Kobe would be neck and neck. Flip a coin.