PDA

View Full Version : Coach Spo will be fired if the Heat lose this championship. Big 3 will stay together.

CavaliersFTW
06-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Coaches are the fall-guys in this era. He'll be blamed/canned, the big 3 will stay together.

Marchesk
06-13-2014, 02:42 PM
Coaches are the fall-guys in this era. He'll be blamed/canned, the big 3 will stay together.

Not sure how game 3 and 4 are his fault. What more could he do? Bench Chalmers, but that doesn't amount to much.

Dr Seuss
06-13-2014, 02:43 PM

seems likely. but it would be a bad decision to keep the big 3 together, in my opinion. if bosh is used as nothing more than a feign floor spacer for the heat, they might as well sign 2 players that would help the team more based on need:a decently cheap big that can board and block shots, and one of the many stretch forwards in the leauge.

BasedTom
06-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Got any links, sources, or inside info? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

CavaliersFTW
06-13-2014, 02:44 PM
Not sure how game 3 and 4 are his fault. What more could he do? Bench Chalmers, but that doesn't amount to much.
I'm not saying he deserves it, I'm just saying that's how the league works and I'd bet that is what will happen. The front office of the Heat will need someone to blame to keep the organization and fans moving forward, they've got too much stock invested in their players so they will look to blame and replace the coach.

CavaliersFTW
06-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Got any links, sources, or inside info?

Or are you just talking out of your ass.
I've got a crystal ball, don't ever doubt me again.

fpliii
As Doc Rivers and plenty of others have said, it's a make-or-miss league.

I think the only thing he could've done differently is committed to a 4-out-1-in half court offense (with short hooks when shooters aren't hitting), and played strict man-to-man defense (not closing out, and conceding the drive).

In all of this though, it's being lost how dominant the Spurs have win. We can't penalize Spo or anybody for the last two games. It's more about giving SA credit for their display.

Marchesk
I'm not saying he deserves it, I'm just saying that's how the league works and I'd bet that is what will happen. The front office of the Heat will need someone to blame to keep the organization and fans moving forward, they've got too much stock invested in their players so they will look to blame and replace the coach.

Okay, but it won't make Wade look any younger or his knees any better.

NumberSix
There's no reason for Spo to be fired. SAS just went off. It's a Spurs positive, not a Heat negative.

hawksdogsbraves
06-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Spo finally getting exposed as the shitty coach he is :cheers:

NumberSix
06-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Spo finally getting exposed as the shitty coach he is :cheers:
I disagree. He's a good coach.

The thing that you guys don't get is this years Heat team is not "stacked" like some of you love to claim it is. Spo simply can not put half of this roster on the floor.

CavaliersFTW
06-13-2014, 02:54 PM
There's no reason for Spo to be fired. SAS just went off. It's a Spurs positive, not a Heat negative.
I agree, and Spo has coached the big 3 every season they've been together to 4 consecutive trips to the NBA Finals, and won 2. That is phenomenal, but it's just how the league works. If there's gonna be a disposable fall guy in the eyes of the front office, it's gonna be coach Spo. And at the same time their front office will do everything possible to keep the big 3 together.

NumberSix
06-13-2014, 03:01 PM
I agree, and Spo has coached the big 3 every season they've been together to 4 consecutive trips to the NBA Finals, and won 2. That is phenomenal, but it's just how the league works. If there's gonna be a disposable fall guy in the eyes of the front office, it's gonna be coach Spo. And at the same time their front office will do everything possible to keep the big 3 together.
Heat haters are getting ahead of themselves. Not winning in 2014 doesn't equal the end of the Heat. LeBron is not even 30. All it takes is a few role player shooters and MIA is back in business.

Doctor Rivers
06-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Spo don't care:

http://elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Erik-Spoelstra-nikki-sapp-elite-daily.jpg

Rocketswin2013
06-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Heat haters are getting ahead of themselves. Not winning in 2014 doesn't equal the end of the Heat. LeBron is not even 30. All it takes is a few role player shooters and MIA is back in business.
They should go get Ariza. Bosh should take a paycut and get him.

BasedTom
06-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Spo don't care:

http://elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Erik-Spoelstra-nikki-sapp-elite-daily.jpg
Spo is pretty cool guy, at least from what people around town have told me.

I don't think he's getting the sack. Unless Riley himself wants to coach again. I don't believe that is the case.

"Every team needs a fall guy" Well, they stuck with him after 2011, so I think they'll stick with them now. This seems more like a roster personnel issue, as many of the vets just look too slow to keep up with the Spurs this time around.

Myth
06-13-2014, 03:12 PM
4 Finals and 2 championships gets you fired? :wtf:

Bernkastel
06-13-2014, 03:14 PM
No reason to fire him. He can try again next year since the East is just a bye for the Heat. :(

Rocketswin2013
06-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Spo don't care:

Philipino Jackson :pimp:

Derka
06-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Feels like you're just kinda throwing this out there for the hell of it, but I'll bite.

Spoelstra should go. They need a person who actually coaches basketball...a person who draws a play up, motivates his players without cliches and one-liners and talks to his assistants to try and make adjustments when something is clearly not working. It couldn't be more obvious that Miami has coasted on superior talent in an admittedly weak conference for four years now...an assertive, knowledgeable coach would have made them dominant all-around.