PDA

View Full Version : According to ESPN, Melo to the heat news were the final blow to the team

Frozen1
06-13-2014, 03:25 PM
LOL biggest piece of shit i have ever read.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11076896/jason-whitlock-disease-lo

JimmyMcAdocious
06-13-2014, 03:26 PM
You're obviously a LeBron hater, therefore OP is white.

Milbuck
06-13-2014, 03:28 PM
This is beyond retarded.

Are they gonna show the Spurs championship trophy presentation on TV or are they just gonna show the Heat locker room and do a documentary on Lebron's explosive shits in game 4?

ArbitraryWater
06-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Jason Whitlock :oldlol:

BasedTom
06-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Sports "journalism" brought to you by E!SPN's very own "Anybody But Miami" dick-lick bridgade featuring Skip Bayless and Bill Simmons

Bernkastel
06-13-2014, 03:35 PM
I don't want to give them a hit. Can someone summarize?

3LiftHeatCurse
06-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Just another "please don't go to Miami, Melo" piece written by salty media writers.

Rose'sACL
06-13-2014, 03:39 PM
if anything, it is the other way around. Riley is trying to get melo because he already knows that team is not good enough to win rings anymore.

Frozen1
06-13-2014, 03:40 PM
I don't want to give them a hit. Can someone summarize?

He basically said that the Melo news are the sign that Pat Riley does not trust the big three anymore and that it affected the team.

Then he proceeded to write this shit:

"LeBron James is the system in Miami, no different from his time in Cleveland. He has had improved support in South Beach, but he is the system. Like Peyton Manning, James is going to end his career with fewer championships than his skill, intellect and commitment deserve because he has carried far too great of an individual burden."

NumberSix
06-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Seems to be targeted at D Wade which is beyond retarded. Wade is the definition of unselfish. The idea that he has some sort of jealous resentment is ridiculous.

Derka
06-13-2014, 03:50 PM
Pretty much this.

Fun fact: ESPN were the ones who broke the damn story in the first place and I'm not entirely convinced it isn't something they made up just to drum up chatter.

NASH = BEST
06-13-2014, 03:58 PM
I actually agree with some of what Whitlock is saying here. Not the "Me-lo disease" bullshit, but the "doubt has certainly crept into the hearts and minds of the Heat" part. The talk of bringing in Melo for "HELP" could have been a bit of a blow to these guys' egos.

It kind of reminds me of my own experience from a few years back. I was a struggling supervisor of my department at a former employer. The fact that I was struggling prompted management to consider adding an extra supervisor to help me out. The news was definitely a blow to my ego and the truth was that management just didn't believe in me anymore. Long story short, I eventually pulled through, and they didn't have to add the extra help. However, the initial news of management not believing that I could be an effective supervisor had me down and bugging for a few days.

So back to the Heat, if Pat Riley and co. want to add Melo cause they just don't believe in Lebron, Wade, and Bosh anymore, then the news could have effected the psyche of these guys just a bit. Who knows?!?

pegasus
06-13-2014, 04:01 PM
If this is not a legitimate reason to excuse Lebron's third finals loss in his career, I don't know what is.

MavsSuperFan
06-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Damn Melo is such a choker the mere possibility he might join the heat, Causes them to lose #espnlogic

HurricaneKid
06-13-2014, 05:01 PM

Exactly.

http://deadspin.com/can-jason-whitlock-save-espns-black-grantland-from-hi-1586606960

LOooooong read but outstanding. I've always been uncomfortable with Whitlock but I'll never read another thing he writes. Or guest appears on. Or is even tangentially related to.