PDA

View Full Version : Derozan or Lance Stephenson

EricGordon23
06-13-2014, 08:00 PM
Who you got ish?

Who has more potential?

Who would you want to carry your team?

What do you think each of their primes will be?

AboutBuckets
06-13-2014, 09:11 PM
a. Stephenson

b. Derozan might be more athletic (difference isn't as big as it may seem imo) but Stephenson is longer and a better defender, and has a huge edge in vision/passing/playmaking ability. If he can 'get it together' mentally he'll become head and shoulders above Derozan

c. Wouldn't want either running my team, 36 minutes of Lance-lead offense would be toeing the line of order vs. chaos. Derozan isn't a #1 option/captain/leader either.

d. Predicting primes is retarded

Foster5k
06-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Who you got ish?

Who has more potential?

Who would you want to carry your team?

What do you think each of their primes will be?

Stephenson has more potential but is mentally unstable so probably will not reach his peak. So, I'll say Derozan wins this one.

Neither can carry a team. Both are role players on a good team.

Once Stephenson get his money he will probably regress. Derozan probably will get slightly better.

red1
06-13-2014, 09:19 PM
derozan

Jameerthefear
06-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Derozan for all. Neither will even be 1st options on a contending team though, imo.

Legends66NBA7
06-13-2014, 09:27 PM
I have DeMar DeRozan in everything, even if both aren't true first options.

DeMar is a gym rat. He's worked hard to get where he's at and he's just not satisfied with who he is at this point of his career and he's not about to put up videos to get himself in the all-star game. He's has the correct approach to the game both on and off the court, IMO.

Considering what I've read all across Raptor boards, he's got some incredible undeserved (for the most part) double standard I've seen of any Raptor on the team. I will get on him too if he's going to regress or disappear in the coming years, but I would like him to shut his critics up once and for all by having more stellar seasons to come.

iamgine
06-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Demar leads Toronto for most of the season.

Lance hasn't been given the opportunity so he's still a question mark in that area.

Legends66NBA7
06-13-2014, 09:46 PM
By the way, both their offense light this season.

DeRozan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_P18S2fBh0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZbYUDt_N8Y

Stephenson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieBY5Nxukp0

There's isn't a 2nd part for Lance.

qrich
06-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Stephenson is clearly the better all around threat, but DeRozan has more potential and is there more. I also believe Demar will have the "it" factor as his career progresses.

Would want neither as my go to guy though.

Done_And_Done
06-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Give me the guy who doesn't get under his own teammates skin. I think with the right social supports, Lance can be a hell of a player in this league. He's a fearless competitor with tons of upside.
Demar is just such a quality human being though. He's a gym rat with unmatchable work ethic who has earned his all star label.

Give me the all star now and in the future.

Jameerthefear
06-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Lance plays for stats and highlights and attention a lot too. Demar isn't that type of guy. Demar is definitely the better player at the moment and I don't think that will change.

Relinquish
06-13-2014, 10:16 PM
Derozan and it's not even close. Stephenson is garbage.

Johnny Jones
06-13-2014, 10:26 PM
Derozan and it's not even close. Stephenson is garbage.
:wtf:

I don't understand how you can watch Lance play and think he is garbage. Lance may be crazy, but the dude is talented.

CJ Mustard
06-13-2014, 10:28 PM
Derozan is better now, but I'd probably take Lance. He's a better defender, playmaker, more of a competitor, and younger.

rightsideup
06-13-2014, 11:33 PM
derozan is the one of the leading scorer's in the league and can improve in all facet's of the game.

lance is a good all round talent but does not have the maturity to be a top player

chocolatethunder
06-14-2014, 12:06 AM
a. Stephenson

b. Derozan might be more athletic (difference isn't as big as it may seem imo) but Stephenson is longer and a better defender, and has a huge edge in vision/passing/playmaking ability. If he can 'get it together' mentally he'll become head and shoulders above Derozan

c. Wouldn't want either running my team, 36 minutes of Lance-lead offense would be toeing the line of order vs. chaos. Derozan isn't a #1 option/captain/leader either.

d. Predicting primes is retarded
You should check Lances Advanced stats.

stalkerforlife
06-14-2014, 12:09 AM
Derozan, easily.

Not even close.