PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Help

The Big Skinny
06-13-2014, 11:52 PM
So after 2 years, my iPhone 4S sh!t the bed.

I've been a T Mobile member for 8 years. I go to the T Mobile store to see if I can use my upgrade (which i've had for a couple years) and they tell me that because they do not do contracts anymore, they no longer have any user for upgrades because now, you don't pay for a contract but you pay full price for a phone. So if I wanted to buy a new iPhone under my existing t mobile service, it would end up being $650.......uhhhhh what?

What do I do?

Jameerthefear
06-13-2014, 11:56 PM
not buy an iphone?

Done_And_Done
06-14-2014, 12:54 AM
How good is the current plan you've got with them? What does your monthly bill look like?

robert de niro
06-14-2014, 01:36 AM
i cringed reading this, man

Meticode
06-14-2014, 02:42 AM
Find out which phone that is compatible with Straight Talk that uses whichever towers in your area that provide the best coverage.

Uusally it's Verizon in many cases.

So in otherwords, go to Straight Talk, find out what phones they offer or what phone you can buy yourself that will work on their network and also use the best towers in your area. If you do a service area search via your zip code on their website, any phones that come up with the model number that has a "C" in it, is a Verizon tower user.

DukeDelonte13
06-14-2014, 09:17 AM
it's because nowadays some cell phone companies have stopped subsidising the cost of your phone.

I'm with sprint, and now it's like i pay a monthly payment on the phone plus my service rates, and it actually works out to be cheaper. there is no contract any more, but if you dip out before the phone is paid off you are still on the hook for the remainder of the balance of the phone.

DukeDelonte13
06-14-2014, 09:17 AM
not buy an iphone?

decent android phones cost a couple hundo too.

Phones don't really cost 99 dollars.

Jameerthefear
06-14-2014, 09:20 AM
decent android phones cost a couple hundo too.

Phones don't really cost 99 dollars.
u can get a moto g for like $200< and it's a pretty good phone. also moto e.

DukeDelonte13
06-14-2014, 09:22 AM
u can get a moto g for like $200< and it's a pretty good phone. also moto e.

who the f*ck has a moto G?

Galaxy s5's are the same price as an iphone.

Im so nba'd out
06-14-2014, 09:23 AM
So after 2 years, my iPhone 4S sh!t the bed.

I've been a T Mobile member for 8 years. I go to the T Mobile store to see if I can use my upgrade (which i've had for a couple years) and they tell me that because they do not do contracts anymore, they no longer have any user for upgrades because now, you don't pay for a contract but you pay full price for a phone. So if I wanted to buy a new iPhone under my existing t mobile service, it would end up being $650.......uhhhhh what?

What do I do?
get a 5s

Jameerthefear
06-14-2014, 09:25 AM
who the f*ck has a moto G?

Galaxy s5's are the same price as an iphone.
maybe people who aren't rich??? it's a good phone anyways.

Meticode
06-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Someone a few days ago posted a link where they had the Moto G on sale for $59.99, no contract.

Jameerthefear
06-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Someone a few days ago posted a link where they had the Moto G on sale for $59.99, no contract.
it's locked to verizon on that deal tho