PDA

View Full Version : OJ Chase And The '94 NBA Finals

Soundwave
06-14-2014, 04:54 AM
Anyone else remember watching that live? I don't even remember which game it was except that the game was at Madison Square Garden and then all the TV channels started cutting away to live coverage of the OJ thing, it was pretty surreal :lol

I was a kid but I remember thinking he's totally going to shoot himself. Also all the people on the LA freeway trying to run up to his Bronco, lol, crazy idiots.

bdreason
06-14-2014, 05:22 AM
Random story but I was actually at the beach participating in the world's longest line dance when the OJ thing went down. I remember my aunt was watching it on her portable TV, which was a fancy piece of technology back then. :oldlol:

RedBlackAttack
06-14-2014, 05:24 AM
Random story but I was actually at the beach participating in the world's longest line dance when the OJ thing went down. I remember my aunt was watching it on her portable TV, which was a fancy piece of technology back then. :oldlol:
:oldlol: Sounds awesome.

I was at a graduation party. I remember watching the chase as if it were a sporting event... that's what it felt like. People lining the freeway and on the overpasses cheering him on...

So surreal. I'm sure it's hard for younger people to understand just how unbelievable it was that OJ Simpson could kill his wife and some random guy. It would be as if Charles Barkley were to kill two people tomorrow and go on an insane chase that lasts all night with Scottie Pippen at the wheel.

Rodmantheman
06-14-2014, 05:28 AM
My birthday is one day before that event so I always get reminded of it.

Soundwave
06-14-2014, 10:46 AM

Haha, that might be the most random story I've heard in a while.

For me I had the basketball game on the TV, but some kids wanted to play on my hoop, so we were in the drive way shooting around when someone called me inside and I thought it meant the Knicks had won the title or something, lol.

I really didn't actually know who OJ Simpson was outside of the Naked Gun movies, haha. Wasn't much of a football fan.

AlphaWolf24
06-14-2014, 01:10 PM
remember it like yesterday....

was on my couch.....Mackin on grandma's fried chicken.(RIP)

I think Mase was taking that ugly jumper and all of a sudden the game was interrupted :mad:

ProfessorMurder
06-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Oh yeah, I remember watching it in 'Picture in Picture' style.

I was like, :wtf:

guy
06-14-2014, 06:33 PM
The 30 for 30 for this (June 17, 1994) is IMO the best 30 for 30 ever made.

RedBlackAttack
06-14-2014, 07:03 PM
The 30 for 30 for this (June 17, 1994) is IMO the best 30 for 30 ever made.
They tied it in with the World Cup, which was also going on at the same time... When that goalkeeper from Columbia had an own goal against the US.

Yes, very good.

Here it is...

30 for 30: June 17th, 1994 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4A1ayt3Jwc)

ProfessorMurder
06-15-2014, 01:54 AM
They tied it in with the World Cup, which was also going on at the same time... When that goalkeeper from Columbia had an own goal against the US.

Yes, very good.

Here it is...

I liked The Guru of Go the best. Run Ricky Run was great too.

miles berg
06-15-2014, 02:01 AM
I was honestly watching 90210 when it happened. Will never forget it.

ThePhantomCreep
06-15-2014, 02:15 AM

Yes, very good.

Here it is...

I went to that game. The own goal was on my side of the field, and the guy who scored was gunned down a week later in Columbia, after their elimination. :(

On a lighter note, we got home in time to watch the end of game 7 that night. John Starks :facepalm

As for OJ, the crap dominated local news for ages here in LA, and the Bronco chase ranks as one of the more surreal moments I've ever seen. It was such a monster cultural event.

Bless Mathews
06-15-2014, 02:57 AM
I was at work all day and remember coming home and that's all that was on tv.

Crazy shit.