PDA

View Full Version : WOJ: Prokhorov listening to offers to purchase nets

DStebb716
06-14-2014, 05:05 PM
@WojYahooNBA: Sources: In wake of Clippers $2B sale price, Prokhorov's listening to purchase overtures on his Brooklyn Nets. http://t.co/ERekpGx4Cd

Jameerthefear
06-14-2014, 05:05 PM
:roll:

JimmyMcAdocious
06-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Not that surprising. He could get an insane return on his investment.

Other owners should look to do the same. I would.

niko
06-14-2014, 05:12 PM
I told they Nets fans he wasn't interested in them longterm. That always has been obvious.

chazzy
06-14-2014, 05:14 PM
How much did he buy the Nets for? $200M?

Rubio2Gasol
06-14-2014, 05:15 PM
I always wonder what these cats are doing buying NBA teams and shit.

Cash out and live the life mate.

Foster5k
06-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Breaking News:

Donald Sterling has hired lawyers to dig up dirt on other NBA owners.

5 mins later...

Breaking News:

Mikhail Prokhorov is listening to offers to purchase Nets.

Harison
06-14-2014, 05:23 PM
He is a businessman, if he gets offer big enough to consider the sale (100+% profit?), he will.

Big One
06-14-2014, 05:29 PM

I'm failing to understand the joke, only one who will be laughing is Prokorov on his way to the bank with the insane ROI he would get from the sale :confusedshrug:

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Breaking News:

5 mins later...

Breaking News:

:oldlol:

Akrazotile
06-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Breaking News:

5 mins later...

Breaking News:

:applause:

Im so nba'd out
06-14-2014, 05:31 PM
Breaking News:

5 mins later...

Breaking News:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/154/5/9/detective_conan_gif_2_by_buhbiel-d3hxcjt.gif

SuperPippen
06-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Breaking News:

5 mins later...

Breaking News:

Whoever Sterling gets to investigate Prokhorov, isn't coming back alive.

tontoz
06-14-2014, 05:39 PM
After wasting past and future draft picks now he wants to sell. What is the price for a team with no future?

R.I.P.
06-14-2014, 05:42 PM
Breaking News:

5 mins later...

Breaking News:

:roll: :roll:

R.I.P.
06-14-2014, 05:43 PM
He is a businessman, if he gets offer big enough to consider the sale (100+% profit?), he will.

Who is going to buy that shithole? They are stuck in crapland for the next five years.

bdreason
06-14-2014, 05:51 PM
Pretty much every owner in the league would sell for $2 billion.

B-hoop
06-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Sterling better pray his PIs didnt find shit on Prok or he is gonna get permanently incapable of making decision for his family Trust

DStebb716
06-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Pretty much every owner in the league would sell for $2 billion.

Except Dolan. Knicks are worth $3 billion now.

Just2McFly
06-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Whoever Sterling gets to investigate Prokhorov, isn't coming back alive.
:oldlol:

niko
06-14-2014, 06:51 PM
Except Dolan. Knicks are worth $3 billion now.
Without the building

Derka
06-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Breaking News:

5 mins later...

Breaking News:

/end of thread

Legends66NBA7
06-14-2014, 07:01 PM
https://twitter.com/NetsAllNews

Prokhorov says he has "no interest in selling" Brooklyn Nets despite Woj report - NetsDaily

BigBoss
06-14-2014, 07:54 PM
"How fast can we build a championship team? If everything goes as planned, I expect us to be in the playoffs next season and [win a] championship in one year minimum, and maximum in five years,"

-Prokhorox in 2010

It's been 4 years.

Now he's thinking of selling

niko
06-14-2014, 08:34 PM
https://twitter.com/NetsAllNews
So the Nets propoganda site says that this is totally false. Well i'm sold. I was expecting Prokorov to say "that's a lot of money, **** brooklyn". This is surprising.

The way he has ran the team reeks of short term.

The JKidd Kid
06-14-2014, 08:41 PM
After wasting past and future draft picks now he wants to sell. What is the price for a team with no future?

LOL that's not how it works.

The JKidd Kid
06-14-2014, 08:43 PM
He's not selling the team, people just like to make up and over blow rumors that make the nets look bad.

DStebb716
06-14-2014, 08:46 PM
He's not selling the team, people just like to make up and over blow rumors that make the nets look bad.

Tinfoil cap, much? Woj doesn't make up rumors.

niko
06-14-2014, 08:48 PM
He's in no way a long term owner. It doesn't fit his profile of vanity purchases, it doesn't fit how he's run the team, it doesn't fit how he has run the team. I thought this was pretty obvious a few years ago.

It's not like the Nets would be affected negative by a sale, why are Net fans so turned off by this possibility? You don't talk to bidders to guage value, you hire a firm to do it for you.

Jameerthefear
06-14-2014, 08:51 PM
niko i said hi to you before and you didn't say hi back :)

niko
06-14-2014, 08:55 PM
I did not see it, how's things? I don't post much lately because my current project is in this non profit place that is **** as hell. Busy too.

BigBoss
06-14-2014, 08:55 PM

Pause

The JKidd Kid
06-14-2014, 08:57 PM
He's in no way a long term owner. It doesn't fit his profile of vanity purchases, it doesn't fit how he's run the team, it doesn't fit how he has run the team. I thought this was pretty obvious a few years ago.

It's not like the Nets would be affected negative by a sale, why are Net fans so turned off by this possibility? You don't talk to bidders to guage value, you hire a firm to do it for you.

You clearly don't understand how the whole Clippers situation went. The clippers as an investment are nowhere near worth 2B dollars, closer to 500 million actually. It's the fact that owning an nba team is a novelty and souvenir that not many people have that makes it so expensive. That's why you can't just have a firm value it, you have to see what people are paying in order to have this "decoration".

Also idk how you think Prokhorov isn't a long term owner I honestly don't understand what you mean, there's no basis for it. It's just your own personal speculation.

Jameerthefear
06-14-2014, 08:58 PM
I did not see it, how's things? I don't post much lately because my current project is in this non profit place that is **** as hell. Busy too.
I am currently in an engineering program that pays me. I am saving up to buy a car so I'll have something to drive during this school year. I'm also trying to get another job but that hasn't been going to well :hammerhead:

The JKidd Kid
06-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Tinfoil cap, much? Woj doesn't make up rumors.

I was focusing on the overblown thing. Making up I was referring to nets rumors in general, not Woj.

B-hoop
06-14-2014, 10:00 PM
You clearly don't understand how the whole Clippers situation went. The clippers as an investment are nowhere near worth 2B dollars, closer to 500 million actually. It's the fact that owning an nba team is a novelty and souvenir that not many people have that makes it so expensive. That's why you can't just have a firm value it, you have to see what people are paying in order to have this "decoration".

Also idk how you think Prokhorov isn't a long term owner I honestly don't understand what you mean, there's no basis for it. It's just your own personal speculation.

Not sure where you got that notion from, but Clips are a profitable organization and are about to renew their TV deal after a number of years as a "highlight" team. The market estimates they may get around 75 million a year for their new TV deal that starts in 2016-2017, compared to the 20 million they make now.

Add that to the 15 million profit they make yearly and you have a yield of around 5% a year.

That's not bad at all.

It's A VC3!!!
06-14-2014, 10:12 PM
He released a statement saying that he has NO interest to sell the team. The only reason he "listened" to purchase requests was to see the type of lucrative valuations placed on his team by interested buyers. You don't spend $200m on taxes and players in ONE season if you're interested in selling the team. He is obviously here for the long-term future (3 to 7 more years).

niko
06-14-2014, 10:29 PM

You don't need to line up a buyer to find out the value of a team, that's a silly way to do something. And It's a VC3 is hysterical, Prokorov is in for the long term, 3 more years. That's not long term.

And if you look at his purchase of hockey teams, etc. he comes in, buys, is very visible for a little while then leaves. He's not going to be the face of the Nets for 10 years. I'm sorry if that bothers people. He has other shit he wants to do.

The JKidd Kid
06-14-2014, 10:39 PM
You don't need to line up a buyer to find out the value of a team, that's a silly way to do something. And It's a VC3 is hysterical, Prokorov is in for the long term, 3 more years. That's not long term.

And if you look at his purchase of hockey teams, etc. he comes in, buys, is very visible for a little while then leaves. He's not going to be the face of the Nets for 10 years. I'm sorry if that bothers people. He has other shit he wants to do.

I disagree I see him staying around for a long time considering his love for basketball and how much he has invested image and public perception wise so far. The nets are easily his highest profile investment.

And they said listening to offers. Listening to what people are willing to pay for your property isn't a bad way to find out how much people are willing to pay for your property at all.

The JKidd Kid
06-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Not sure where you got that notion from, but Clips are a profitable organization and are about to renew their TV deal after a number of years as a "highlight" team. The market estimates they may get around 75 million a year for their new TV deal that starts in 2016-2017, compared to the 20 million they make now.

Add that to the 15 million profit they make yearly and you have a yield of around 5% a year.

That's not bad at all.

Actually no. The main thing that made the clippers price tag such a big deal is that the owner won't make a profit off the team for dozens of years, if ever.

Kawhi Not?
06-14-2014, 10:41 PM
:yaohappy:

fpliii
06-14-2014, 10:44 PM
:yaohappy:
Just wanted to compliment you on your username bruh. :cheers:

stalkerforlife
06-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Get them billions, boss.

ZHAKIDD532
06-15-2014, 11:32 AM
A lot of owners would do it with that crazy return on investment. Sterling got $2B for the Clippers!

I don't think it actually happens though. He's still investing money in the future of the team and in projects with Ratner. He's building a new practice facility in Brooklyn and re-doing the Nassau Coliseum with Ratner.

GimmeThat
06-15-2014, 11:46 AM
so you're saying there's not a "no sale" clause in the by laws?

MUTINY!!!! MUTINY!!!!!!!