PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs had almost 10 more wins than Miami this year while playing in....

russwest0
06-14-2014, 11:00 PM
a far tougher conference.

So why are people all of a sudden surprised that the Heat are getting blown out?

JT123
06-14-2014, 11:05 PM
Probably cause the gap wouldn't have been that big if Wade played a full season, or at least close to a full season. Plus people underestimated how bad the team has fallen off defensively, thinking they were only coasting. I thought this at first too, but when the Heat went 11-14 over their last 25 games I knew there was more to it than that.

fpliii
06-14-2014, 11:07 PM
People have a tendency to overrate current/recent great players, but in general underrate current/recent great teams.

This Spurs squad will get its respect in time. :applause: Bringing team ball back into the league.

Jameerthefear
06-14-2014, 11:08 PM
maybe because they are the b2b champs??
stupid ass post from a stupid ass poster.

russwest0
06-14-2014, 11:10 PM
maybe because they are the b2b champs??
stupid ass post from a stupid ass poster.

Damn, so I guess you were shocked when the Lakers didn't win it all in 2011 then, right?

Jameerthefear
06-14-2014, 11:13 PM
Damn, so I guess you were shocked when the Lakers didn't win it all in 2011 then, right?
no. but i was shocked to see them get swept in the 2nd. everyone was. NO ONE expected the lakers to get swept. most had L.A. winning.

russwest0
06-14-2014, 11:44 PM
Probably cause the gap wouldn't have been that big if Wade played a full season, or at least close to a full season. Plus people underestimated how bad the team has fallen off defensively, thinking they were only coasting. I thought this at first too, but when the Heat went 11-14 over their last 25 games I knew there was more to it than that.

Wade sitting out like 25 games doesn't really work as an argument because the Spurs rested all of their key guys throughout the course of the season.

The Spurs are simply the much better team and, unlike the Heat, were actually tested in the playoffs before the Finals, which is definitely a benefit to them.

russwest0
06-14-2014, 11:55 PM
And also for an added effect, Chris Paul missed a good chunk of games for the Clippers and Westbrook, Thabo, and Perkins all missed a good chunk of games for OKC yet both of those teams (while playing in a much tougher conference) also finished with better records than the Heat...

kamil
06-14-2014, 11:58 PM

So why are people all of a sudden surprised that the Heat are getting blown out?

Because LeBron* pseudo fans are delusional and stupid.

Did you expect better?

Warfan
06-15-2014, 12:04 AM

Yeah, the heat were overrated this year. Their defense has taken a hit since a lot of their key guys are old & hurt (wade, birdman, battier, haslem, allen). Top 4 seed in the west at most.

I wouldn't be surprised if the spurs won 70 games in the East. And they still had some of their starters out for like 15-20 games this year too...

Milbuck
06-15-2014, 12:11 AM
Everyone was clinging to the "LeCoast" hope, the hope that Miami was just cruising through the regular season and waiting for the playoffs. Now everyone's seeing that they weren't just coasting, they're just really not as good as they used to be. Also because San Antonio was also coasting hard, but they did it to 62 wins in arguably the toughest conference ever.

Beastmode88
06-15-2014, 12:32 AM
I'm no bran fan but it's actually hilarious how blind his own stans are. Bran dropping 40 is not gonna help them win. :facepalm That was the reason he left the cavs. He's getting 0 help from his team. We can sit here and laugh about bran's shitty +/- but that only proves he was on the floor the most. The big 3 outside bran, wade and bosh, has pretty much had 0 impact in this series. Bosh isn't getting touches and dwade is completely getting manhandled by kahwi (someone insert the gif of him picking his pocket :lol ). Sure bran can drop 40 but what is that actually gonna do when he scores the same amount of points his team does. 40+40 is still less than 100.

MJ had a high ppg before he started winning and became the GOAT. Phil got him to do everything else with the addition of his scoring (ie passing, rebounding, etc etc.) I'm sorry to say but bran needs help and badly, no one on the heat is showing up (although lewis had quite a few 3s but 3s can't win every game). They pretty much had the same roster from last year minus miller. Oden :lol (lol knees) and Beasley :lol (what's defense?) aren't even allowed to play.

All Net
06-15-2014, 02:11 AM
And also for an added effect, Chris Paul missed a good chunk of games for the Clippers and Westbrook, Thabo, and Perkins all missed a good chunk of games for OKC yet both of those teams (while playing in a much tougher conference) also finished with better records than the Heat...

You actually had some kind of positive comment towards the clippers? :eek:

imnew09
06-15-2014, 03:47 AM
no. but i was shocked to see them get swept in the 2nd. everyone was. NO ONE expected the lakers to get swept. most had L.A. winning.

Yea just like Magic fans never expected to lose Shaq and Dwight, but Magical happened, y'all lost them. Next target is Oladipo :roll: :lol Good job at being a lottery team

russwest0
06-15-2014, 04:25 AM
You actually had some kind of positive comment towards the clippers? :eek:

I never hated the Clippers, not sure why everybody thinks that.

I didn't think they were some big threat to OKC like everyone was acting like and I was right.

All Net
06-15-2014, 04:52 AM

I didn't think they were some big threat to OKC like everyone was acting like and I was right.
BUT they were a big threat to the Thunder. That series could of gone either way.

russwest0
06-15-2014, 08:40 AM
BUT they were a big threat to the Thunder. That series could of gone either way.

No way. Clippers had/have literally no one to guard Durant and Westbrook was too much for Paul. Plus Ibaka is close in impact to Griffin. Closer than Griffin is to Durant or Westbrook.

The only reason it even went 6 is because this year Durant was overworked down the final stretch of the season and in round one of the playoffs.

A well rested Durant and a healthy Westbrook and the Clippers as constructed stand literally no chance vs OKC. DeAndre Jordan isn't even a great defender like he's made out to be. He would literally move out of the way for Durant and Westbrook just so he wouldn't get posterized. Hell even Steven Adams outplayed DeAndre Jordan.

Dresta
06-15-2014, 09:10 AM
Wade sitting out like 25 games doesn't really work as an argument because the Spurs rested all of their key guys throughout the course of the season.

The Spurs are simply the much better team and, unlike the Heat, were actually tested in the playoffs before the Finals, which is definitely a benefit to them.
And the Spurs had a much deeper roster that allowed them to do this and not see much of a drop-off. But when Kawhi was actually missing games they looked far more vulnerable as a team, that's for sure. All Miami's players were also playing less minutes, with everyone outside of Lebron playing less than 33mpg.

Of course Miami could've won more games if they'd played their top guys more, but regular season wins were not the end goal for them. But they didn't have the luxury SA have to have 12 guys who can come in and contribute and the team barely miss a beat. Spurs have caused Miami more problems with Patty Mills and Danny Green than Ginobili and Parker this series, and that says a lot about SA's depth.

GimmeThat
06-15-2014, 09:12 AM
because the Spurs bench team can help you win some games during the regular season.

which has nothing to do with them playing any minutes when it comes to the playoffs.

that is all.

B-hoop
06-15-2014, 10:33 AM

I didn't think they were some big threat to OKC refs like everyone was acting like and I was right.

Fixed that for you