PDA

View Full Version : The reason Lebron doesn't have a sense of urgency in these finals

Akrazotile
06-15-2014, 03:39 AM
It's because he knows he's already passed every active player, and he's still got the rest of his career to move up from 5-10 to 1-5.

Duncan is ahead of him for now but that can change, and he's already passed literally every other player who is active and could still compete with him in the all-time rankings. So there's no rush.

Heat have played in four straight finals now and that takes its toll. King James is doing the smart thing and not forcing the issue here, when he still has an entire career left to make moves up the list. There is no active player that can currently threaten him except for Duncan but he's about to retire so rather than expend all his energy on this finals, Bran is taking is as it comes and approaching it with the long-term, big picture in mind.

LeVision :applause:

dubeta
06-15-2014, 03:41 AM
:applause:

inb4 Kobetards use Shaq's rings to prop up Kobe

Cocaine80s
06-15-2014, 03:41 AM
right so he worked hard and carried wade's ass all through out the regular season just to let the other team win in the finals :facepalm

imnew09
06-15-2014, 03:43 AM
yea man he's the unanimous GOAT, with soon to be 2/5 in the Final :bowdown:

Eye Test
06-15-2014, 03:44 AM
high fg% = no urgency 4 bran

:applause:

Akrazotile
06-15-2014, 03:47 AM
right so he worked hard and carried wade's ass all through out the regular season just to let the other team win in the finals :facepalm

He's not LETTING them win, he's simply taking a measured approach. He's still trying to win but he understands there is nothing this finals can do for his legacy by itself and he still has a lot of basketball left to play. There's no use in putting excessive stress on his body when he's still gotta make a few more finals runs in the second half of his career.

He's already in the Top 10 and there's nobody currently under contract who can reaslistically move ahead of him except for Duncan. But even if Duncan wins this race and moves ahead temporarily, Lebron will pass him in the long run. That's what this is about. Lebron is making the long play here. There is a strategy to what he is doing and it is brilliant. LeIQ :bowdown:

Cocaine80s
06-15-2014, 03:48 AM
He's not LETTING them win, he's simply taking a measured approach. He's still trying to win but he understands there is nothing this finals can do for his legacy by itself and he still has a lot of basketball left to play. There's no use in putting excessive stress on his body when he's still gotta make a few more finals runs in the second half of his career.

He's already in the Top 10 and there's nobody currently under contract who can reaslistically move ahead of him except for Duncan. But even if Duncan wins this race and moves ahead temporarily, Lebron will pass him in the long run. That's what this is about. Lebron is making the long play here. There is a strategy to what he is doing and it is brilliant. LeIQ :bowdown:
winning now would put less stress on his body in the future since he will be older :facepalm

Cmon bruh, Lebron aint giving up this series yet. It aint over

shady6121
06-15-2014, 03:50 AM
Or maybe they're simply just losing to the better team.

imnew09
06-15-2014, 03:50 AM

Yea made it to the Final, but fk it, time to relax and step back to save his energy for his "future" finals. Good Job OP, I've never seen someone as clever as you are :applause: :applause:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-15-2014, 03:51 AM
It's because he knows he's already passed every active player

Duncan is ahead of him for now but that can change

derp

GimmeThat
06-15-2014, 03:57 AM
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342204

I agree

cltcfn2924
06-15-2014, 05:41 AM

LeIQ? Why are you making excuses for this egotistical clown. Finals are legacy, you are waaaay off base here.

buddha
06-15-2014, 06:15 AM
derp

first thing i noticed as well.

this is what happens when trolls get comfortable.

knicksman
06-15-2014, 07:06 AM
or more like he gets exposed every playoffs like wilt so he has to join wade to win rings for him. I mean people still believe hes great when he was a ray allen away from being 1-5?? Are people really this stupid??:lol

EwingMan
06-15-2014, 07:20 AM
It's because he knows he's already passed every active player, and he's still got the rest of his career to move up from 5-10 to 1-5.

Duncan is ahead of him for now but that can change, and he's already passed literally every other player who is active and could still compete with him in the all-time rankings. So there's no rush.

Heat have played in four straight finals now and that takes its toll. King James is doing the smart thing and not forcing the issue here, when he still has an entire career left to make moves up the list. There is no active player that can currently threaten him except for Duncan but he's about to retire so rather than expend all his energy on this finals, Bran is taking is as it comes and approaching it with the long-term, big picture in mind.

no. lebron is something like 'pot committed' here. the physical cost of exerting maximum effort in the next 1-3 games is marginal in comparison to the legacy benefit he would acquire if he is able to win the chip (and 3-peat no less), despite unfavorable odds.

if he is performing some kind of legacy-utility calculus, he should be going all in. of course, if he's not up to it, we might say that the marginal cost in the short run, in terms of mental fatigue, is prohibitive; ie, he's being a huge fckingpussy.

okayabc123
06-15-2014, 07:27 AM
if LeIQ has the LeVision, then he better LeWin now because his LEgacy is already on the line. Losing 3 finals especially with beat down twice by the Spurs don't bode well for your career no matter how much you LeSpin it.

Rubio2Gasol
06-15-2014, 07:59 AM
So....what you're saying is...he quit?

kureyşi-gospurs
06-15-2014, 08:07 AM
LaBeta

Purch
06-15-2014, 08:14 AM
Your second statement completly contradicts your first statement:coleman:

Xoush
06-15-2014, 08:55 AM
OP is a faqqit. How on earth would someone with IQ greater than room temperature write something like this?

Blue&Orange
06-15-2014, 08:58 AM

no one can be this stupid

sportjames23
06-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Yea made it to the Final, but fk it, time to relax and step back to save his energy for his "future" finals. Good Job OP, I've never seen someone as clever as you are :applause: :applause:

Gotta love OP's logic doe. :oldlol:

dr.hee
06-15-2014, 09:10 AM
A sense of urgency...really OP? I hate the Heat, but what I hate even more are dumb people. Like you. Please take your own sense of urgency and jump in front of a train of your choice.

Dresta
06-15-2014, 09:18 AM
if LeIQ has the LeVision, then he better LeWin now because his LEgacy is already on the line. Losing 3 finals especially with beat down twice by the Spurs don't bode well for your career no matter how much you LeSpin it.
Getting to the finals is better for your legacy than not getting there at all. Quit this nonsense pretending it isn't an achievement in itself to reach the finals :facepalm

sportjames23
06-15-2014, 09:22 AM
A sense of urgency...really OP? I hate the Heat, but what I hate even more are dumb people. Like you. Please take your own sense of urgency and jump in front of a train of your choice.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

sportjames23
06-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Getting to the finals is better for your legacy than not getting there at all. Quit this nonsense pretending it isn't an achievement in itself to reach the finals :facepalm

Jim Kelly's Buffalo Bills went to the Super Bowl four years in a row and lost all four. Dan Marino's Miami Dolphins lost in their only Super Bowl appearance.

Who has the greater legacy between the two?

dr.hee
06-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Jim Kelly's Buffalo Bills went to the Super Bowl four years in a row and lost all four. Dan Marino's Miami Dolphins lost in their only Super Bowl appearance.

I don't watch much Football. So I don't know. But who had the greater sense of urgency between the two?

Dresta
06-15-2014, 09:52 AM

I don't know because i don't watch that shit, boring and tedious stop-start piece of crap masquerading as a sport.

sportjames23
06-15-2014, 10:00 AM
How could ya'll hate football? :eek:

Graviton
06-15-2014, 10:15 AM
How could ya'll hate football? :eek:
Probably because there is only like 10 minutes of actual "action' and 3 hours of commercials, timeouts and standing around. Oh and doesn't help that it is basically the pussyfied version of Rugby with armored pads. If I wanted to watch football, I would watch the real thing.

Straight_Ballin
06-15-2014, 10:31 AM

Wow...the things leStans say to help them sleep at night. :lol Your post makes zero sense. Any player that makes it this far is going to not simply "not force the issue" about the last few games that separate them from another ring. Do you not understand that this is what these guys live for? Everyone in these finals are giving it their ALL and the sense of urgency is high no matter how much they try to down play it to the media.

The truth is that the Spurs are a superior team, and Bran is looking like a damn fool right now for colluding with a team that can't even 3 peat because even though his teammates are giving it their best, their best isn't good enough at this stage. I mean damn, if you're going to collude and make an ass out of yourself on national TV with the whole decision thing, you damn well better have something other than 2/5 to show for it and you damn well better have teammates that can stand the test of time.

Jordan choosing who he wanted to play with in 96-98 > Bran's decision.
Kobe choosing who he wanted to play with in 00-02 > Bran's decision.

longtime lurker
06-15-2014, 11:34 AM
So basically Lebron is a quitter.

GimmeThat
06-15-2014, 11:42 AM
So basically Lebron is a quitter.

name me one player who has never quit on their team, for not even one second.

Akrazotile
06-15-2014, 11:43 AM

Bran

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-15-2014, 12:33 PM
Probably because there is only like 10 minutes of actual "action' and 3 hours of commercials, timeouts and standing around. Oh and doesn't help that it is basically the pussyfied version of Rugby with armored pads. If I wanted to watch football, I would watch the real thing.

You do realize those "rugby" blokes would get stomped the f*ck out by NFL athletes...right? :oldlol:

Marchesk
06-15-2014, 12:36 PM

http://blog.sfgate.com/thebigevent/files/2012/03/bill-russell-600x433.jpg

Kingwillball
06-15-2014, 12:37 PM
or more like he gets exposed every playoffs like wilt so he has to join wade to win rings for him. I mean people still believe hes great when he was a ray allen away from being 1-5?? Are people really this stupid??:lol

Your right so if he is not great than I guess the nba is full if average and mediocre players cause he is certainly the best of the garbage going by your explanation.

davehos
06-15-2014, 12:39 PM
This has to be the most stupid thing I've read in a long time.

"Yeah, I decided it was best to lose in the finals during the prime of my ability for the betterment of my career."

GimmeThat
06-15-2014, 12:42 PM
http://blog.sfgate.com/thebigevent/files/2012/03/bill-russell-600x433.jpg

Passion.

GTFO!!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

GimmeThat
06-15-2014, 12:44 PM
This has to be the most stupid thing I've read in a long time.

"Yeah, I decided it was best to lose in the finals during the prime of my ability for the betterment of my career."

if you can make an argument of how it's NOT a basketball game that is being played tomorrow.

then I am simply speechless.

DonDadda59
06-15-2014, 12:51 PM
He's not LETTING them win, he's simply taking a measured approach.

So he's... coasting? :confusedshrug:

The Repo Man
06-15-2014, 12:52 PM

This is the most pathetic piece of crap I have ever read. This all but confirms that you are 10 years old. No way a grown a$s man could cop pleas for another man they do not know like this.

SpecialQue
06-15-2014, 01:01 PM
LeTard's fans getting insecure as fvck! :roll:

diamenz
06-15-2014, 01:50 PM
damage control, everywhere. lube up, lebron stans.

longtime lurker
06-15-2014, 01:59 PM

What do other players have to do with Lebron quitting 3 games into the finals? :lol

Kidbasketball20
06-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Without Ray Allen he's 1 in 5 in the NBA finals.

The most pathetic "superstar" in the history of the game.

stalkerforlife
06-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Damage control won't work.

OP is in a fragile place mentally and emotionally.

FultzNationRISE
09-28-2019, 11:01 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

stalkerforlife
09-28-2019, 11:13 PM
He still can't exorcise those 2014 demons.