PDA

View Full Version : More overrated: Carmelo or Harden?

Akrazotile
06-15-2014, 03:54 AM
Which of these two juggernauts of overratedness do you think deserves the ultimate crown as the most overrated player in basketball? (Not named Kobe Bryant)

shady6121
06-15-2014, 03:55 AM
How exactly are either of them overrated?

Milbuck
06-15-2014, 03:57 AM
How exactly are either of them overrated?
Did you watch a single game of the Portland-Houston series this year?

Inferno
06-15-2014, 03:58 AM
Carmelo is underrated.

Akrazotile
06-15-2014, 03:59 AM
Carmelo is underrated.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vZi_x-57ato/T0dq3tk8MaI/AAAAAAAAAzI/OfDUGZ_RX5U/s320/black-guys-laughing.gif

Xoush
06-15-2014, 04:10 AM
Melo underrated, Harden overrated.

COnDEMnED
06-15-2014, 04:58 AM
Harden is move overrated, easily.

Smook A.
06-15-2014, 05:02 AM
Carmelo is underrated as hell on this forum.

Some people here laugh when users here put him as a top 10 player. They don't realize his impact. Without him the Knicks would be the Nets from the 2009-2010 season.

Cocaine80s
06-15-2014, 05:04 AM
If you actually read the shit on here you would probably think both are underrated as ****.

everyone shits on them for some reason

Sarcastic
06-15-2014, 05:43 AM
How is Melo overrated, when he didn't even make any of the All NBA teams, while Harden made 1st Team?

NuggetsFan
06-15-2014, 06:02 AM
I mean Melo's made a WCF, 2nd round, missed the playoffs for the first time in his career which in the East was brutal, won a national championship. Look at the guy's 1st round competition yearly. Indiana, Miami, Spurs, Lakers, T-Wolves when he was a rookie and they made a conference finals run. The Jazz and the Clippers have probably been his best to make a run, I mean look at how many teams he's faced that have went on to make the conference finals or the finals.

Certainly hasn't done himself any favors with how he's played at times in the playoffs, was really underwhelming at times with Denver. I mean only a handful of players changes anything. I mean ideally there's 7+ players you'd rather have going into the playoffs but most people would agree with that. I mean as a Denver fan I wish he played better and made the series closer but he was always in that next tier after the truly elite players.

Melo's kinda underrated after the Knicks awful season but neither are overrated to me except for Harden making the 1st team All-NBA. Both great players who just aren't great enough, need the best team on the floor, needed to have performed better in the playoffs. Good enough to get you there. Both struggle with efficiency come playoff time. Underrated when called garbage, overrated when called top 5.

j3lademaster
06-15-2014, 07:32 AM
If Melo got half of Harden's calls he'd be like a 7 time scoring champ. People were ranking Paul George ahead of him, I mean... come on.

salwan
06-15-2014, 07:47 AM
Melo > Harden

kureyşi-gospurs
06-15-2014, 08:08 AM
James Harden

ArbitraryWater
06-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Carmelo is underrated as hell on this forum.

Some people here laugh when users here put him as a top 10 player. They don't realize his impact. Without him the Knicks would be the Nets from the 2009-2010 season.

Cmon, in that trashy conference no playoffs? Wierd..

fpliii
06-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Both are pretty overrated. In general, this board has a soft spot for Melo so I'm tempted to say him, but even if he's at best neutral on that end, he at least tried to play defense this year.

GimmeThat
06-15-2014, 09:45 AM
I think Melo has plateaued. People thought he could do more with his pure raw skills/ability. But I think now he needs fine tuning in order to fit into a puzzle.

Harden has shown that he can specialize in certain areas in which involves skills. I don't think anyone can say we know what his ceilings are at this point.

Lebronxrings
06-15-2014, 10:04 AM
jesus the carmelo love has gone so dam far. People are seriously calling him underrated? There are some people who think hes a top 50 player :lol . When i look at his resume, i see no playoffs in the weakest east, a scoring title given to him by durant, and 2ND all nba teams. Not first, 2ND :oldlol: . I'm not impressed, but i guess people will scrapegoat his teamates.

GimmeThat
06-15-2014, 10:11 AM
jesus the carmelo love has gone so dam far. People are seriously calling him underrated? There are some people who think hes a top 50 player :lol . When i look at his resume, i see no playoffs in the weakest east, a scoring title given to him by durant, and 2ND all nba teams. Not first, 2ND :oldlol: . I'm not impressed, but i guess people will scrapegoat his teamates.

If Melo played as 2nd or 3rd option and won 3 rings. Would you put him over Paul Pierce Tha Truth?!?!?!

smoovegittar
06-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Both players get hardly any love in here because most posters are retards that let LeBron/Kobe fever get in their heads. God forbid someone should come along and expose them for being human.

Some people mistake Carmelo's easy smile for being either arrogant or aloof.

Some people hate Harden because of the beard and all the rumors.

The problem with rating players is the source. Nothing more.

Graviton
06-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Both players get hardly any love in here because most posters are retards that let LeBron/Kobe fever get in their heads. God forbid someone should come along and expose them for being human.

I agree, Harden has shown to be a tough competitor that doesn't rely on flopping and refs like most stars nowadays, he lives it all out there on the court and never complains. People just hate on him because of his beard, teeth and stripper rumors.

Nobody can tell me he isn't a superstar after watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao

Beastmode88
06-15-2014, 10:57 AM
I agree, Harden has shown to be a tough competitor that doesn't rely on flopping and refs like most stars nowadays, he lives it all out there on the court and never complains. People just hate on him because of his beard, teeth and stripper rumors.

Nobody can tell me he isn't a superstar after watching this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULACcao

Honestly Harden after leaving OKC is fcuking disgusting. Does nothing but "draw" fouls, flops and plays no defense. Didn't even show up in the playoffs, I have to give props to Dwight Coward for at least trying.

played0ut
06-15-2014, 10:58 AM

I don't hate any players. But I don't even really mind 'that' much that he drives for fouls.

But his effort on defense is digusting. That annoys me.

UtahJazzFan88
06-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Melo is who he is. I don't think he's a mega superstar like LeBron or Durant (or Kobe was), but he's in the next tier with guys like Chris Paul.

Harden's defense is too atrocious for me to call him a superstar player.

stephanieg
06-15-2014, 01:00 PM
I still see random people act like Melo is a superstar and teams should be excited to get him or say he's "one of the best scorers in the game." Everyone shits on Harden, deservedly so. So, Melo.

Lebronxrings
06-15-2014, 01:44 PM
I still see random people act like Melo is a superstar and teams should be excited to get him or say he's "one of the best scorers in the game." Everyone shits on Harden, deservedly so. So, Melo.
/thread

longtime lurker
06-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Lebron