PDA

View Full Version : Some ppl really wanna compare Duncan to Kobe cause these late career accolades?

Eye Test
06-15-2014, 05:22 AM
you guys tell me whos kobe bryants tony parker right now? whos kobes kwahi leonard?, whos kobes manu ginobili? whos kobes boris diaw? whos kobes danny green? whos kobes greg fkn popovich?

kobe spent most of his prime with the worst team ever assembled playing around him, and he was epic enough to get some chips with gasol as 2nd banana. post-injury fright coward + d-league nash is the best he had since gasol in the wild west.

i hope you guys are trolling

Artillery
06-15-2014, 05:38 AM
2014 Duncan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2000 Kobe

pastis
06-15-2014, 05:39 AM
dont be a fool:

duncan was a monster til 03, and very good til 05, despite the fact, that manu earned the fmvp in 05. since 05 he declined and "his" ring 07 and the maybe ring 14 he is just the third best player at his team at best.

no one had like duncan these super stacked teams and the best coach ever for such a long period.

like i said: give dirk popovic and a mediocore center averaging 10 and 10 and being a medicore ring protector = lots of rings, lots, lots of rings

same with kobe

hell, even pau would be every year a title contender with pop and the spurs team.

so duncan is a top 10 player, but his role and succes since 05 has been way overrated by his stans and the role of pop and his teamm8s way underrated. everyone knows it. tell me one person who doesnt believe this.

SuperPippen
06-15-2014, 05:49 AM
Yo Jabbar, you're only tolerable when you're a light-hearted troll who makes amusing jokes at Lebron's expense. When you spew garbage like this, you reek of true insecurity. It's pathetic.

I could easily refute the points you made in your post, as well as any other points you could possibly make, but I am instead opting to direct a few questions to you that leave me perplexed:

So what if people consider Duncan better than Kobe? Why the hell do you care so much? Why can't you - along with all of the other trolls on this site - just acknowledge that both players are great, and leave it at that?

Big#50
06-15-2014, 05:53 AM
dont be a fool:

duncan was a monster til 03, and very good til 05, despite the fact, that manu earned the fmvp in 05. since 05 he declined and "his" ring 07 and the maybe ring 14 he is just the third best player at his team at best.

no one had like duncan these super stacked teams and the best coach ever for such a long period.

like i said: give dirk popovic and a mediocore center averaging 10 and 10 and being a medicore ring protector = lots of rings, lots, lots of rings

same with kobe

hell, even pau would be every year a title contender with pop and the spurs team.

so duncan is a top 10 player, but his role and succes since 05 has been way overrated by his stans and the role of pop and his teamm8s way underrated. everyone knows it. tell me one person who doesnt believe this.
OP's other alt? Kobe is done. Duncan is still battling for a ring.

BoutPractice
06-15-2014, 05:59 AM
We could also say that at the end of the day, we can't really compare a guard to a power forward/center.

Kobe's competition is Jordan, Jerry West, Wade... etc. He's now firmly established as the second greatest shooting guard ever, top 3 guard ever, top 3 wing player ever.

Duncan's competition is power forwards and center. He's the greatest power forward of all time by a mile, and if you consider him a center, he's in the top 5 and can be argued against pretty much everyone (he's probably below Kareem, Wilt and Bill Russell but with a strong case against anyone else).

Kobe/LeBron as a comparison somewhat makes sense. Kobe/Duncan really doesn't.

There's just one thing that fans of guards have to understand if you really, really want to compare everyone regardless of position: save for Jordan and occasionally LeBron, guards simply impact the game less than bigs in general, so the standard is lower.

Artillery
06-15-2014, 06:20 AM
Duncan's a a two-way player. Kobe's a one-way player(no different than James Harden or Nash for example). His defensive reputation is all smoke and mirrors. All the impact stats(RAPM) confirm that Kobe's never been a good defender. That's why someone like Duncan will always be more valuable than Kirby.

Eye Test
06-15-2014, 06:30 AM
Yo Jabbar, you're only tolerable when you're a light-hearted troll who makes amusing jokes at Lebron's expense. When you spew garbage like this, you reek of true insecurity. It's pathetic.

I could easily refute the points you made in your post, as well as any other points you could possibly make, but I am instead opting to direct a few questions to you that leave me perplexed:

So what if people consider Duncan better than Kobe? Why the hell do you care so much? Why can't you - along with all of the other trolls on this site - just acknowledge that both players are great, and leave it at that?

im not a troll :facepalm , im actually one of the most knowledgeable posters on this site, if not the most. you can go ahead and refute my points, but we both know you'd be reachin' and aint nobody got time for that

http://i.imgur.com/TONDq.gif

Eye Test
06-15-2014, 06:32 AM
OP's other alt? Kobe is done. Duncan is still battling for a ring.

he is not my alt, but i must say im pleasantly surprised by his perspective on the game, in fact, just added him to my future to-rep list :applause:

T_L_P
06-15-2014, 06:39 AM
dont be a fool:

same with kobe

Now Duncan was the third best in 07? :roll:

Artillery
06-15-2014, 06:50 AM
Kobe is done.

Been done for two years. LOL at that shitty longevity. You'd think he'd have more left in the tank considering he's never played defense in his career.

pastis
06-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Been done for two years. LOL at that shitty longevity. You'd think he'd have more left in the tank considering he's never played defense in his career.

give me one valid argument why he should be done?

he will average nex season his 23/3/5. any bets?

is this done at his age? better stats close to prime duncan. so thx.

bryant had 2012/2013 a 27/5/6 season with 46%. earnd WC Player of the Month award.
Without him, Lakers were gabage at playoffs.

Cocaine80s
06-15-2014, 06:57 AM
at the end of the day:
4FMVP>2FMVP
5rings=5 rings
2MVP>1MVP
Dominating finals at 38 yrs old>>> Injury prone at 35

Eye Test
06-15-2014, 06:58 AM
kobe was top 3 in the league at worst before the injury and ppl dare question his longevity, he has arguably one of the longest primes in history and will come back strong next year. kobe haters utterly shook at the irrefutable facts provided in this thread :applause:

Cocaine80s
06-15-2014, 06:59 AM
kobe was top 3 in the league at worst before the injury and ppl dare question his longevity, he has arguably one of the largests primes in history and will come back strong next year. kobe haters utterly shook at the irrefutable facts provided in this thread :applause:
if he has such great longevity why hasnt he played in a playoff game since 2012?

His career has ended at age 34, which is where most players start to drop off. He has no longevity at all.

Artillery
06-15-2014, 07:01 AM
give me one valid argument why he should be done?

he will average nex season his 23/3/5. any bets?

A bum with a torn achilles isn't scaring anyone. Best he'll be able to do is put up empty stats(on poor efficiency) while negatively impacting his team. Wizards Jordan.

is this done at his age?

Empty stats on a losing team? It's as done as you can get.

is this done at his age? better stats close to prime duncan. so thx.

:oldlol: Comparing a one-way player to prime Duncan

pastis
06-15-2014, 07:02 AM
kobe was top 3 in the league at worst before the injury and ppl dare question his longevity, he has arguably one of the longest primes in history and will come back strong next year. kobe haters utterly shook at the irrefutable facts provided in this thread :applause:

look, how good Kobe was at 35. bryant had 2012/2013 a 27/5/6 season with 46%. thats ridiculous good.

Dirk at 36 this year 21/7/3 on 50/90/40. thats good also. but noone is revering. only haters.

imagine dirk or kobe in EC:wtf:

Eye Test
06-15-2014, 07:02 AM
if he has such great longevity why hasnt he played in a playoff game since 2012?

His career has ended at age 34, which is where most players start to drop off. He has no longevity at all.

age doesnt mean much, kobe came in the league at about the same time as Iverson, T-Mac, Vince Carter, his mileage is amazing and has remained elite every year

Eye Test
06-15-2014, 07:03 AM
look, how good Kobe was at 35. bryant had 2012/2013 a 27/5/6 season with 46%. thats ridiculous good.

Dirk at 36 this year 21/7/3 on 50/90/40. thats good also. but noone is revering. only haters.

imagine dirk or kobe in EC:wtf:

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Eye Test
06-15-2014, 07:04 AM
these guys think 1-starring my thread will regress kobe in the all-time rankings :no:

Cocaine80s
06-15-2014, 07:05 AM
age doesnt mean much, kobe came in the league at about the same time as Iverson, T-Mac, Vince Carter, his mileage is amazing and has remained elite every year
thats strange because I saw Vince Carter hit a game winner on the spurs in the 1st round.

Where was kobe doe?

plus Kobe's first couple years only averaged about 20mpg

Artillery
06-15-2014, 07:06 AM

Missed the playoffs for two years now. Kobe's washed up. No different than Pierce and the others 90s guys that are irrelevant now.

Eye Test
06-15-2014, 07:07 AM
thats strange because I saw Vince Carter hit a game winner on the spurs in the 1st round.

Where was kobe doe?

if thats you're best comeback ill just take the W and leave :applause:

Artillery
06-15-2014, 07:08 AM

Where was kobe doe?

2000 Kobe was beyond overrated. One of the worst defenders for his position that year. Awful efficiency. You could have replaced him with Vince and LA still wins the 'ship.

Cocaine80s
06-15-2014, 07:09 AM
2000 Kobe was beyond overrated. One of the worst defenders for his position that year. Awful efficiency. You could have replaced him with Vince and LA still wins the 'ship.
Exactly.

Kobe is overrated as hell, especially his stans constantly bringing up his "longevity" :roll:

Its going to be sad to see how much he regressed from this achilles injury tbh

pastis
06-15-2014, 07:10 AM
if thats you're best comeback ill just take the W and leave :applause:

dude, you cant argue with them

if duncan has a 14 and 10 night, cause only under the rim and waiting for the assist, so eaZy points and rebs for duncan = strong night, was the ANCHOR of course

if kobe is having a 21/8 night or Dirk hat his 36 q 19/10= overrated, they are done, they are carried by teamm8s, they are choker, "Irk strikes back" or "kobricks as usual."

boring. always the same.

Eye Test
06-15-2014, 07:12 AM
cocaine, artillery, you guys are young and have room for improvement, dont waste your time bashing the one of the greatest and last of a dying breed, you'll be able to tell your grandsons you saw the last real man to play the sport live, treasure that

Cocaine80s
06-15-2014, 07:14 AM
cocaine, artillery, you guys are young and have room for improvement, dont waste your time bashing the one of the greatest and last of a dying breed, you'll be able to tell your grandsons you saw the last real man to play the sport live, treasure that
weird because you used to say kobe>duncan because 5>4.

Now it might be 5=5 with Duncan having twice as much FMVPs :roll:

Eye Test
06-15-2014, 07:16 AM
weird because you used to say kobe>duncan because 5>4.

never. link me to that? ive only used the ring argument when its valid. kobe could have 6 and id still rank jordan higher etc, im a man of context

BoutPractice
06-15-2014, 07:29 AM
Let's just admit it, we all do the same things, we just accumulate arguments, no matter how contradictory, so long as they confirm our preconceptions. Kobe and LeBron fans are particularly ingenious in finding ways to spin the facts so that they further their agenda... they will prop up and destroy the same player if Kobe or LeBron benefits from both. They're like lawyers defending their clients.

pastis
06-15-2014, 07:41 AM
Let's just admit it, we all do the same things, we just accumulate arguments, no matter how contradictory, so long as they confirm our preconceptions. Kobe and LeBron fans are particularly ingenious in finding ways to spin the facts so that they further their agenda... they will prop up and destroy the same player if Kobe or LeBron benefits from both. They're like lawyers defending their clients.

and duncan stans of course not. cause he is the ANCHOR:lol :lol :lol

Artillery
06-15-2014, 07:43 AM
dude, you cant argue with them

if duncan has a 14 and 10 night, cause only under the rim and waiting for the assist, so eaZy points and rebs for duncan = strong night, was the ANCHOR of course

if kobe is having a 21/8 night or Dirk hat his 36 q 19/10= overrated, they are done, they are carried by teamm8s, they are choker, "Irk strikes back" or "kobricks as usual."

boring. always the same.

Duncan's been more reliable than Kobe and Dirk last time their teams met in the playoffs:

2013:

Duncan:
17/7.5/1.5 on 55TS

Kobe:
0/0/0 - Poor longevity resulted in him being unable to show up to this matchup

2014:

Duncan:
17.3/8.4/2 on 60% TS
129 ORtg

Dirk:
19.1/8.0/1 on 48% TS
96 ORtg

Artillery
06-15-2014, 07:45 AM

Of course. It's a little thing called defense. Of course you wouldn't know anything about it since your two favorite players have never tried it. No shame in liking a one-way player though. Just don't expect other fans to respect your favorite players seeing as it's easier to only play hard on one end of the court.

kureyşi-gospurs
06-15-2014, 08:09 AM
I hope you aren't trying to make sense

BoutPractice
06-15-2014, 08:14 AM
Note that I said we. Thus including myself.

And for the record, I'm primarily a Dirk "stan". The main players I can justifiably be accused of being biased towards are Dirk and TD. I'm also generally biased towards bigs (which to be honest, probably gets me closer to reality than the opposite bias would, since guards draw all the attention) and unconventional players.

I'm no better than everyone else here... I'm just somewhat able to recognize what my biases are and how they affect my thinking. I'm also willing to concede convincing arguments, which means my definition of truth must be something else than "whatever makes player X look good".