PDA

View Full Version : why people hating on ben affleck, and dont want him to do batman?

VIntageNOvel
06-15-2014, 07:59 AM
i just rewatching argo and the town,
he is great director and good actor

is it because of gigli and daredevil?

but even tarantino had a bad movie

russwest0
06-15-2014, 08:48 AM
because clearly there are no other problems in the world to be worrying about

GimmeThat
06-15-2014, 09:25 AM
i just rewatching argo and the town,
he is great director and good actor

is it because of gigli and daredevil?

but even tarantino had a bad movie

I think it's mainly because of daredevil.

but then, people forget that it's not just batman

it's batman with superman in the upcoming movie.

Derka
06-15-2014, 09:47 AM
Comic book nerds are...a different breed. There's no one more irrationally, insanely protective of imaginary characters than them.

You have to understand most of these people cast these movies years ahead of time in their own minds, sitting around card tables playing Magic and chugging Mountain Dew and pepperoni pizza. When the cast doesn't look exactly like they pictured it, it sucks and its the worst thing ever. Had the internet existed in 1988, we'd have seen blog after blog of "WTF, Beetlejuice is gonna play Batman? TOTAL BULLSHIT!"

Akrazotile
06-15-2014, 11:10 AM
I can say with full honsty that I am ok with any choice for batman.

ZeN
06-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Comic book nerds are...a different breed. There's no one more irrationally, insanely protective of imaginary characters than them.

You have to understand most of these people cast these movies years ahead of time in their own minds, sitting around card tables playing Magic and chugging Mountain Dew and pepperoni pizza. When the cast doesn't look exactly like they pictured it, it sucks and its the worst thing ever. Had the internet existed in 1988, we'd have seen blog after blog of "WTF, Beetlejuice is gonna play Batman? TOTAL BULLSHIT!"
That's not at all accurate. It's like you saw a few movies with comic book type nerds in it and are taking them as a reality. We aren't all that same way. Some are worse than what you mentioned but many are just entirely different than the mentioned stereotype.

GimmeThat
06-15-2014, 12:12 PM
It's because even though he's been good lately as an actor and a director, he still carries a strong aura of douche with him from his early days. And no one wants a douche as Batman.

is this from Amy Adams twitter account?

:biggums:

Akrazotile
06-15-2014, 12:22 PM
That's not at all accurate. It's like you saw a few movies with comic book type nerds in it and are taking them as a reality. We aren't all that same way. Some are worse than what you mentioned but many are just entirely different than the mentioned stereotype.

All stereotypes are true. FACT.

Myth
06-15-2014, 12:25 PM
It's because even though he's been good lately as an actor and a director, he still carries a strong aura of douche with him from his early days. And no one wants a douche as Batman.

For me, it is that he is rarely good when he isn't the director.

VIntageNOvel
06-15-2014, 12:52 PM
to be fair, all his movies are garbage

even nolan have a bad movies?

Akrazotile
06-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Even michael moore sometimes a have a bad movie

GimmeThat
06-15-2014, 01:23 PM
wat

trolling.

how'd you know he's a douche though. not that I am making an argument that he isn't.

paycheck was a cheap thrill dumb, but decent filler movie by him.

GimmeThat
06-15-2014, 01:29 PM
For me, it is that he is rarely good when he isn't the director.

valid point.

he'll be a better batman than people expected.
even if they pull a one and done deal the way they did with Rachel Dawes/Nolan Batman

ZeN
06-15-2014, 02:14 PM
All stereotypes are true. FACT.
All cinematic stereotypes are fact?

~primetime~
06-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Yep

Mix that with the fact that most like Bale and don't want to see him replaced period.