PDA

View Full Version : Better against the Spurs: Westbrook or Lebron?

Milbuck
06-16-2014, 12:30 AM
Lebron:

28/8/4/2 on 68% TS

vs

Westbrook:

27/6/7/3 on 54% TS

Lebron was clearly more efficient as a scorer, but Westbrook was the better passer/playmaker and was a bit more dangerous defensively. Who had the better performance against the Spurs?

shady6121
06-16-2014, 12:32 AM
I'd say Westbrook since he almost beat the entire Spurs team himself, and may very well have if Ibaka didn't get injured for the first two games of the series.

Kingwillball
06-16-2014, 12:32 AM
Lebron:

28/8/4/2 on 68% TS

vs

Westbrook:

27/6/7/3 on 54% TS

Lebron was clearly more efficient as a scorer, but Westbrook was the better passer/playmaker and was a bit more dangerous defensively. Who had the better performance against the Spurs?

Westbrook had a Hobbled Parker on him blowing to the Rim while
Kawi was on KD big difference.

Suguru101
06-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Westbrook had a Hobbled Parker on him blowing to the Rim while
Kawi was on KD big difference.

And Westbrook's second option was putting up 27-29 points and getting major defensive attention.... LeBron's second option averaged 13-14 points andwas ignored defensively. Makes it easier to score.

Kvnzhangyay
06-16-2014, 12:35 AM
Lebron:

28/8/4/2 on 68% TS

vs

Westbrook:

27/6/7/3 on 54% TS

:biggums:

DaSeba5
06-16-2014, 12:36 AM
Westbrook had the MVP as a 2nd option. LeBron had a terrible Wade.

imdaman99
06-16-2014, 12:37 AM
So wait a second, all the branstans are somehow defending Durant after all the shit they talked about him? Turns out losing to the Spurs was not some crime on Durant's resume. Losing in 5 was though. Get blown out twice at home? How pathetic.

And to the dumbass who thinks Parker was covering Westbrook, I know you don't watch basketball because you're a pathetic branstan, but Kawhi was on Westbrook for much of that series. Now give it a rest and go away like your bran did.

JT123
06-16-2014, 12:39 AM
Hard to say. Westbrook was more consistently aggressive, but that is a lot easier to do when you have the league's leading scorer right beside you. I wouldn't say Lebron's playmaking was bad, his teammates just weren't able to hit shots. Probably a toss up.

mugiwara
06-16-2014, 12:47 AM
I kept imagining lebron with westbrooks mentality, its a terrifying thought. WWWD?

SillyRabbit
06-16-2014, 01:23 AM
I'd say Westbrook since he almost beat the entire Spurs team himself, and may very well have if Ibaka didn't get injured for the first two games of the series.

This.

TheCorporation
06-16-2014, 01:36 AM
Westbrook had the MVP as a 2nd option. LeBron had a terrible Wade.

It's okay, OP just started watching basketball this year lol

He was watching the OKC v SAS series saying, "Who is this Kalvin Durant? He is a pretty good hoop player to basket, too."

Artillery
06-16-2014, 01:57 AM

Spurs had a 15 ppg average margin of victory against OKC. They didn't almost win shit. And that was with Parker having hamstring/ankle issues(missed game 6)

BlazerRed
06-16-2014, 01:57 AM
Westbrook. Dude was the best player in the playoffs.

Rocketswin2013
06-16-2014, 01:59 AM
And Westbrook's second option was putting up 27-29 points and getting major defensive attention.... LeBron's second option averaged 13-14 points andwas ignored defensively. Makes it easier to score.

sd3035
06-16-2014, 02:02 AM
Westbrook because he played both ends. Bran said "follow me" then proceeded to stand around occasionally karate chopping Spurs players' arms who drove past him

Rocketswin2013
06-16-2014, 02:04 AM

He was watching the OKC v SAS series saying, "Who is this Kalvin Durant? He is a pretty good hoop player to basket, too."
LeBron easily had the worst help in the Finals in 30+ years....I mean what the fcuk.....And put up better stats than Westbrook with much less defensive attention. And like an OP said above, SA was trouncing OKC on average. Insane to even compare it.

Droid101
06-16-2014, 02:04 AM
:biggums:
Did you see their assist stats? One of them averaged 4 on the series, the other 7. Check it out.

Kvnzhangyay
06-16-2014, 02:05 AM
Did you see their assist stats? One of them averaged 4 on the series, the other 7. Check it out.

Maybe its because one person has Kevin Durant to pass to for assists, while the other guy has Rashard Lewis?

Contrary to what Bran/Wilt Stans say, stats are useless without context

SouBeachTalents
06-16-2014, 02:07 AM
LeBron easily had the worst help in the Finals in 30+ years....I mean what the fcuk.....And put up better stats than Westbrook with much less defensive attention. And like an OP said above, SA was trouncing OKC on average. Insane to even compare it.

Too lazy to look it up, but I'd be very interested to know if that was in fact true. I will say though, it'd be very tough to top how awful LeBron's teammates were all series

Jameerthefear
06-16-2014, 02:08 AM
Lebron. This thread is retarded.

Milbuck
06-16-2014, 02:17 AM

Last time I saw you it was when "junior" here, as you so affectionately and condescendingly referred to me, shat on all your arguments and made you disappear from your own thread. Good to see you again.

BlackVVaves
06-16-2014, 02:18 AM
The better question is, who had the more embarrassing playoff exit?

Graviton
06-16-2014, 02:25 AM
Westbrook was more aggressive, I was hoping Lebron would go out swinging but he just gave up halfway through.

But honestly both their benches failed, in Game 6 OKC only had 5 bench points, Miami was in similar territory this game. Wade going Harden ghost mode didn't help either, but everyone looked tired and done. 4 straight Finals with the regular season and Olympics in between, who wouldn't be gassed after all that.

Only thing to criticize Lebron for are the turnovers and lazy defense, but idk this series was weird. Don't know why Miami fell apart so quickly. You can't individually make up for 20 point blowouts 3 times in a row.

Still, Lebron and Westbrook were clearly the 2 best playoff performers this year. Sadly they didn't get much help from their team when it mattered most. Respect to both of them.

BlackVVaves
06-16-2014, 02:32 AM
Westbrook was more aggressive, I was hoping Lebron would go out swinging but he just gave up halfway through.

But honestly both their benches failed, in Game 6 OKC only had 5 bench points, Miami was in similar territory this game. Wade going Harden ghost mode didn't help either, but everyone looked tired and done. 4 straight Finals with the regular season and Olympics in between, who wouldn't be gassed after all that.

Only thing to criticize Lebron for are the turnovers and lazy defense, but idk this series was weird. Don't know why Miami fell apart so quickly. You can't individually make up for 20 point blowouts 3 times in a row.

Still, Lebron and Westbrook were clearly the 2 best playoff performers this year. Sadly they didn't get much help from their team when it mattered most. Respect to both of them.

I find it hilarious that there were a myriad of threads highlighting KD's turnover rate against the Spurs, but not a whisper of Bron having more turnovers than assists before tonight's game.

No matter how dominant you are offensively, when you are turnover prone in the playoffs it hurts your team to no end. Especially when competing against a team that is fueled by fast break opportunities.

TheCorporation
06-16-2014, 02:38 AM
Last time I saw you it was when "junior" here, as you so affectionately and condescendingly referred to me, shat on all your arguments and made you disappear from your own thread. Good to see you again.

Sorry sport, you never shit on anything. But you did shit on your own thread, for creating such a stupid topic.

Let me ask you, OP, who had the better "second option?"

Westbrook with KD
LeBron with Wade

Which player (Westbrook or LeBron) had the luxury of playing alongside the league MVP and scoring title champion in 4 of the last 5 years?

I'll wait for you to think about your answer, and hopefully by then you will either realize how retarded your thread is, or how retarded you are.

The-Legend-24
06-16-2014, 02:42 AM
Westbrook, easily.